Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coondog's build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Cairo94507
Yup. I have heat exchangers too, thanks to Ben. I plan to have the top off a lot.
Coondog
I replaced my pathetic BB heat exchangers with Bens. Night and day difference.... agree.gif
burton73
Really tasteful and super clean. Great job.

Bob B
djway
Looks great. What white did you use?
Nice wheels, wanna trade wink.gif
mepstein
Needs front euro lenses but I'm just being picky and jealous.

smilie_pokal.gif
PanelBilly
Great looking car. Now it time for some fun
Coondog
Replaced my all black Coco Mats with these, needed the interior bling....
Look for my other Coco Mats in the for sale section.
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Looks great, Greg!!! I'm jealous and can't wait to see it next weekend.

I agree with Mepstein's suggestion on the front lenses. hide.gif
MoveQik
I saw it at PMS *almost* completed. Looking forward to seeing it at WCR!
Coondog
Back in the shop getting a little work done

# Install new front bumper with cutout for better airflow Thanks Oscar
# New PMS front spoiler with custom splitter
# Custom leather door panels
# Custom center console with built in 911 Courtesy lights
# New 911 style Black carpet
# Rebuilt gauges from N. Hollywood speedo with integrated temp gauge
# Clean up wiring in rear trunk
# New trunk pad
# New targa top felt
# Motor access panel cut out Thanks Oscar for the doner piece

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Dang, dude, your going for it!!!!

ar15.gif
76-914
You only live once! beerchug.gif
burton73
Your car gets nicer and nicer as time goes on. I like the special one off touches.

Bob B
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 26 2019, 08:53 AM) *

I replaced my pathetic BB heat exchangers with Bens. Night and day difference.... agree.gif

Do tell more, please.

Been thinking about these, Dansk, or new headers. Heat, however, sounds nice...
Coondog
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 27 2019, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ May 26 2019, 08:53 AM) *

Do tell more, please.

Been thinking about these, Dansk, or new headers. Heat, however, sounds nice...

Best to pm Ben he is the expert.
mb911
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Coondog @ Aug 27 2019, 05:29 PM) *

Was just curious as to your impressions, as you moved from B&B to Ben's stuff (which has had more than one positive review). It's always nice to see real-world customer views/feedback, and benefits vendors, too!
mb911
Coondog I can't tell you how impressed I am with your car. It looks great. I just got my bumpers back from Oscar so my car will start to come together.

I will not cloud up your thread with my heat exchanger talk . keep up the updates..
Coondog
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 28 2019, 06:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Aug 27 2019, 05:29 PM) *

Was just curious as to your impressions, as you moved from B&B to Ben's stuff (which has had more than one positive review). It's always nice to see real-world customer views/feedback, and benefits vendors, too!

Pm sent
Coondog
QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 28 2019, 06:56 PM) *

Coondog I can't tell you how impressed I am with your car. It looks great. I just got my bumpers back from Oscar so my car will start to come together.

I will not cloud up your thread with my heat exchanger talk . keep up the updates..

Nice, can’t wait to see your car. Oscar is a rock star and your headers are the best.

Thank you
Greg
Coondog
Interior just about done. Custom center console. Check out motor access panel.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
mepstein
Car looks amazing. Even better in person.
Krieger
I love the seats!
mb911
Looks amazing.
Larmo63
WOW!!!

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
aharder
Looks Great !! Love the carpet !!!
first.gif
Jett
The carpet is nice but the console is amazing. Can you share a picture with compartment open? cup holders?
ValcoOscar
Nice going... beerchug.gif

Oscar
Cairo94507
That looks terrific. All of it just works nicely- love the console. beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
I really like the lights for the footwell. Good idea
horizontally-opposed
Looking good—a lot of intelligent tweaks to the 914's interior here, the vinyl (?) dead pedal and vinyl floor mat section among them plus the "phone" tray in the center console, lights, etc. Really nice. smilie_pokal.gif

You could sell patterns or even pre-cut wood (?) pieces for that center console, one would think…
mepstein
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Sep 27 2019, 12:23 PM) *

Looking good—a lot of intelligent tweaks to the 914's interior here, the vinyl (?) dead pedal and vinyl floor mat section among them plus the "phone" tray in the center console, lights, etc. Really nice. smilie_pokal.gif

You could sell patterns or even pre-cut wood (?) pieces for that center console, one would think…

I like that I think I see more room for the foot around the gas pedal. An issue for me with the regular center console.
76-914
The console looks great. Count me among the small "console lovers" group. I have them in 2 of 3 and like them. #3 seems to "waste space" w/o a console. thumb3d.gif
AZBanks
Looks fantastic!!
preach
Very nice!
Coondog
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 27 2019, 07:46 AM) *

I really like the lights for the footwell. Good idea

Just ordered a 30 second dimmer delay for those lights.
Coondog
Took a flight to Phoenix this morning, picked up my 914 from PMS and was home by 5pm.

Will get more pics posted this weekend.

Here’s my new lic plate and cut bumper via Oscar. Note the metal splitter on the spoiler. Nice and solid to take all the scrapes. I must say night and day difference in getting airflow, my car stayed right at 200 degrees the entire 5 hour drive.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
raynekat
Nice milestone there. Front cooler looks great. What size is engine again? That lip looks really good. I'm running about 195F with my 2.7 MFI without a front oil cooler. But I'm up on Oregon; big difference from being so far South.
Coondog
QUOTE(raynekat @ Oct 23 2019, 04:17 PM) *

Nice milestone there. Front cooler looks great. What size is engine again? That lip looks really good. I'm running about 195F with my 2.7 MFI without a front oil cooler. But I'm up on Oregon; big difference from being so far South.

I live in the Mojave desert so I am opposite from the East Coasters. Meaning I drive my 914 mostly in the winter months.
forrestkhaag
Interesting on the temp issues / My Webbered 3.0 runs ice cold but in AZ this summer the Mocal would open up after a spirited blast of an hour or so. The front oil cooler fan never seems to be needed but I check it regularly with a manual override switch in the dash.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.