Full Version: Coondog's build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Larmo63
Stealthy.
Cairo94507
Your car looks great. Now drive and enjoy it. beerchug.gif
mepstein
There’s a lot to be said for writing a big check and having a car back in months instead of diy for a couple years. beerchug.gif
scallyk9
I also have a white narrow-body 3.2L conversion. Mine is using an '87 Carrera motor with Motronic, and I noticed a detail with yours that I had not seen before. It's very clever and I want it...

Was the black intake tube that places the volume airflow sensor closer to the firewall a PMS fabrication? Something they sell? You have a very nice car and well thought conversion by the way.
Coondog
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Oct 7 2017, 01:16 PM) *

I also have a white narrow-body 3.2L conversion. Mine is using an '87 Carrera motor with Motronic, and I noticed a detail with yours that I had not seen before. It's very clever and I want it...

Was the black intake tube that places the volume airflow sensor closer to the firewall a PMS fabrication? Something they sell? You have a very nice car and well thought conversion by the way.

Thank you, wish I could answer your question. Best to call James.
napasteve
Congrats Coondog, looks outstanding!
Larmo63
Have them flare it before you pick it up next week.
914forme
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 7 2017, 09:24 AM) *

There’s a lot to be said for writing a big check and having a car back in months instead of diy for a couple years. beerchug.gif

agree.gif

But it sure is purdy, enjoy the drive driving.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 7 2017, 05:51 PM) *

I like the flair look on Moveqiks 914
Click to view attachment
pete000
Impressive car, Impressive build, impressive shop, impressive !

smilie_pokal.gif
Blue6
WOW! That's gonna be fun... driving.gif
Steve
PMS does awesome work!! Congrats!!
Beware of throttle induced oversteer, unless you can get at least 225 series tires in the rear.
defianty
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 7 2017, 06:19 AM) *

Stealthy.

Exactly the first thing that ran through my mind too.

Great car!
Coondog
Got a date set to pick my car up from PMS. Nov. 7th. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

And yes I am trailering it back to Calif. blink.gif
porschetub
Great ,another conversion getting closer always enjoy these updates ,excellent reading...stuff to learn along the way too popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif .
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 7 2017, 06:24 AM) *

There is a lot to be said to have the money in the bank to write that CK.

Bob B

Coondog
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 23 2017, 06:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 7 2017, 06:24 AM) *

There is a lot to be said to have the money in the bank to write that CK.

Bob B

Parts were the biggest expense. Labor surprisingly cheap.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 23 2017, 04:59 PM) *

Got a date set to pick my car up from PMS. Nov. 7th. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

And yes I am trailering it back to Calif. blink.gif

Now you're just bragging.... congrats. smilie_pokal.gif
Larmo63
I can't wait to see your sh&% eating' grin after you drive it for the first time!!!

More congrats!!!!! cheer.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 23 2017, 06:59 PM) *

I can't wait to see your sh&% eating' grin after you drive it for the first time!!!

Thanks, I had to listen to James Patrick for a half hour telling me how awesome it was to drive. Only thing left is alignment and they had to order a new 28 pin computer chip.
horizontally-opposed
What a great-looking car! smilie_pokal.gif

Congrats, and love the narrow bodywork!
Coondog
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 23 2017, 05:59 PM) *

Just trailered the car back from PMS, words cannot explain the night and day differance a six cylinder motor makes in these cars. And yes that shit eating grin is real. Pics to follow in a couple days.
ndfrigi
So sir Greg u got the car back already? now time for short video to share here.
Congratulations!
MoveQik
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 7 2017, 07:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 7 2017, 05:51 PM) *

I like the flair look on Moveqiks 914
Click to view attachment

Thanks! Your car looks awesome! So today is the 7th....you should swing by my place after you pick it up biggrin.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 6 2017, 05:45 PM) *

words cannot explain the night and day differance a six cylinder motor makes in these cars.

Makes you want listen to Aretha sing R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Coondog
First real drive today, about 100 Miles, already thinking about more mods !!
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Great looking car Greg. Hope to see it soon on its maiden LA/OC visit. driving.gif

Also, you need to stop smiling...bugs will get stuck to your teeth!!! lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

Congrats well deserved.

first.gif

Oscar
porschetub
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 7 2017, 02:45 PM) *

Just trailered the car back from PMS, words cannot explain the night and day differance a six cylinder motor makes in these cars. And yes that shit eating grin is real. Pics to follow in a couple days.

Ha ha they even sound good on idle,never had any motor that rev's as easy,had to learn to drive in a lower gear to keep mine on the boil,not so much with of an issue a bigger engine like you have...anyway just enjoy it and go driving.gif driving.gif .
Cairo94507
Your car looks terrific. We need pictures of the top and bottom views. Looking forward to the video with sound. beerchug.gif
76-914
Super nice!
JOEPROPER
COTM
Coondog
Couple spoiler pics and underside.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Coondog
Welded in a bracket to mount my spare.......Thank you Bruce for the tire and bracket.
Started putting down Dyna Mat. Next will be to glue in felt back pad then make custom tray to mount my Fire Extinguishers.

Click to view attachment
Coondog
Another quick mod. Thank you Mike
Click to view attachment
buck toenges
how are you planning to shield the air filter from rain? Maybe you don't have rain issues but I am looking for a solution using the 914-6 GT engine lid and rain getting into the air filter.

BuckClick to view attachment
Coondog
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Jan 18 2018, 11:24 AM) *

how are you planning to shield the air filter from rain? Maybe you don't have rain issues but I am looking for a solution using the 914-6 GT engine lid and rain getting into the air filter

It sets far enough forward to be protected by the rear deck but ultimately it’s not going to be driven in the rain. I hope... blink.gif
Coondog
Glued down the top half of the felt pad. Decided not to go with the stock grey pad that I got from AA as it fit like crap. Went with same material but in black. Now need to make a custom base board to mount my Fire Extinguishers.
Click to view attachment
Coondog
Front trunk done, now just need to mount my Fire Extinguishers
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
That looks slick. beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 28 2018, 03:05 PM) *

Front trunk done, now just need to mount my Fire Extinguishers

Slick, I like it.
eric9144
Front trunk looks dialed! Great job! first.gif
forrestkhaag
Very nice job. PMS guys are tops in this world but I am sure you have about as many or more hours in the outcome. beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
Very cool looking front trunk—and car in general. smilie_pokal.gif
Coondog
Quick run on the Dyno before my Wong chip is installed.

Sorry, took down PMS FB video until I can figure out why it opens up my FB account for the world to see...... sad.gif
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(Coondog @ Apr 11 2018, 05:16 AM) *

Quick run on the Dyno before my Wong chip is installed.

Sorry, took down PMS FB video until I can figure out why it opens up my FB account for the world to see...... sad.gif

Good place to start would be here.

https://www.facebook.com/help/131112897028467

You can download your FB data to see what Marky Z and Cambridge Analytica has on you.
Coondog
Steve Wong chip installed, added 13 more RWHP
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
13 more HP than what...what were the final numbers. Not many of us actually dyno test/tune our cars. I'm interested to hear what he drive-train loss % is on a 914.

I've heard great things from the Steve Wong chip'd 3.2 engines, even told my wife's mgr to get one when he had his 3.2 Carerra rebuilt,

Car looks GREAT!!!
Steve
I also have a SW chip and Ford Mustang MAF. I plan to put everything back on after I get the oxygen sensor and gauge installed so I can monitor the air fuel mixture. Car looks great!! Love Jim’s cars!! I used to live in Chandler and visit his shop often.
Steve
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Apr 17 2018, 05:59 AM) *

13 more HP than what...what were the final numbers. Not many of us actually dyno test/tune our cars. I'm interested to hear what he drive-train loss % is on a 914.

I've heard great things from the Steve Wong chip'd 3.2 engines, even told my wife's mgr to get one when he had his 3.2 Carerra rebuilt,

Car looks GREAT!!!

Check out Bruce Anderson’s book. He has a nice section on 3.2’s that include chip, maf, exhaust and hp gains.
mepstein
I drove one of our 911’s with a stock Porsche chip and a custom sw chip. It was a nice difference. Chip was $800 but if your going to do it, might as well go all in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.