Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The OFFICIAL Red Rocks Classic 2017 Post!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
SharonG
When are folks headed out to RRC? I want to make sure the live photo link is active. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
A long trip for an old bastid. I'm thinking maybe Tuesday. av-943.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 4 2017, 02:37 PM) *

As in a week from tomorrow? Sounds like a logical travel buffer. biggrin.gif
michael7810
I'm leaving Wednesday for Durango
StratPlayer
Leaving Thursday morning. Caravaning from PMB.
snakemain
Leaving Thursday morning from ABQ. Car's all fixed, and flat towing it in air conditioned comfort.

ThinAir
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 4 2017, 01:37 PM) *

So are you actually driving your car this time?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 4 2017, 10:34 PM) *

I sold my Bonanza and bought an old Cessna 150. If I flew the 150 there, I would have to leave even sooner. lol-2.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 5 2017, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 4 2017, 10:34 PM) *

I sold my Bonanza and bought an old Cessna 150. If I flew the 150 there, I would have to leave even sooner. lol-2.gif

Hope for a tailwind to Colorado - which is likely. That flight back with some wind on the nose could be a LONG one...
MoveQik
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 4 2017, 01:33 PM) *

When are folks headed out to RRC? I want to make sure the live photo link is active. beerchug.gif

Heading up Thursday morning. Google says just over 10 hours. And yes...I will be enjoying the comforts such as AC while my 914 follows close behind. biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 4 2017, 01:33 PM) *

Jim and I will be heading up Friday. We should be at the motel around 2pm.

Elliot Cannon
I just inventoried my tools and spare parts for the trip. The hardest part for me has always been crossing the Mojave. Booooring!! The plan is to make it to St. George Utah the first day. Yeah, right. av-943.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 8 2017, 06:01 PM) *

I just inventoried my tools and spare parts for the trip. The hardest part for me has always been crossing the Mojave. Booooring!! The plan is to make it to St. George Utah the first day. Yeah, right. av-943.gif

That is a "hot spot" for sure. You can do it - good mid-way point.

green914
Can't make it this year sad.gif
Hope everyone has a great time.
ejm
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 4 2017, 05:10 PM) *

Leaving Thursday morning. Caravaning from PMB.

What time is the caravan heading out?
StratPlayer
Eric told me he wanted to leave around 9 am. Wants to make it to Ray's for lunch.
RARE 6
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 8 2017, 05:01 PM) *

104 on the thermometer in Baker when we went through last Wednesday afternoon. Better than creeping uphill in a line of traffic at 116 degrees, which I've also experienced around there.
map
Pieper and Diane will be joining the event Friday night. Sorry for the late notice. Happy to join everyone.

Pieper
StratPlayer
I'm getting itchy............ aktion035.gif signal914.jpg signal914.jpg skull.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(RARE 6 @ Sep 10 2017, 10:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 8 2017, 05:01 PM) *

104 on the thermometer in Baker when we went through last Wednesday afternoon. Better than creeping uphill in a line of traffic at 116 degrees, which I've also experienced around there.

I've crossed in July to deliver a car so I'll know what to expect. I can take the heat, it's the loooong boooooring drive that makes me nuts. driving.gif smoke.gif
StratPlayer
Looks like colder weather will be moving in on us.
ValcoOscar
You all have have a nice and safe event, and make sure to post lots of pictures.

smile.gif

beerchug.gif beer.gif

Oscar
Kansas 914
Perhaps I should bring the car with the best heater?!
michael7810
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 11 2017, 04:04 PM) *

...and working windshield wipers
Kansas 914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 11 2017, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 11 2017, 04:04 PM) *

...and working windshield wipers

I can't have both - it is one or the other... sunglasses.gif
snakemain
My wipers would do a sloth proud. My heater is nonexistent. Rain tray is also MIA, so looks like we're covering things up manually.
jim_hoyland
FYI Thursday afternoon I plan on visiting a friend in Woody Creek. If anyone would like to join in we plan to meet up at the Woody Creek Tavern. Probably for an hour, then drive back.
I'll have a rental car for the ride

From their web page:

"At the Woody Creek Tavern the Mexican food is the best in the valley-the tamales have attained near-mythic status-and the strong, blue agave margaritas are the best in the Aspen area.
Neither credit cards nor reservations are accepted."
michael7810
QUOTE(snakemain @ Sep 11 2017, 06:05 PM) *

My wipers would do a sloth proud. My heater is nonexistent. Rain tray is also MIA, so looks like we're covering things up manually.

Just threw a couple plastic bags and a towel in my tool bag
Elliot Cannon
WTF.gif Rain? Cold?
jim_hoyland
Are we looking at thundershowers thurs/fri ?
michael7810
Hey - anyone planning or interested in doing a hike over the weekend? Thinking a 5-miler/~2 hour easy-ish hike but could extend or reduce to suit whoever wants to go. LMK. Thanks
rhodyguy
If you get cold warm up in the HUGE geo thermally heated public swimming pool. We stayed in GHS on a trip to nebraska. Don't forget to bring your beach attire.
MoveQik
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 12 2017, 10:02 AM) *

Hey - anyone planning or interested in doing a hike over the weekend? Thinking a 5-miler/~2 hour easy-ish hike but could extend or reduce to suit whoever wants to go. LMK. Thanks

I might be talked into that. When and where are you thinking?
michael7810
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 12 2017, 04:20 PM) *

Cool Mike. I have zero plans that this point. Figured I'ld talk to the locals once I get there and figure out when based on the driving schedule & weather.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 12 2017, 04:20 PM) *

I'm down for that as well. I will have driven enough by then and be ready for a hike. I have a rain coat, umbrella and everything. av-943.gif My bag is packed and the car is ready (as far as I know). Up at 5 out at 6, Vegas by noon and St George a few hours later. OK, well, that's the plan so far. Subject to change. laugh.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 12 2017, 07:43 PM) *

I'm down for that as well. I will have driven enough by then and be ready for a hike. I have a rain coat, umbrella and everything. av-943.gif My bag is packed and the car is ready (as far as I know). Up at 5 out at 6, Vegas by noon and St George a few hours later. OK, well, that's the plan so far. Subject to change. laugh.gif

Don't forget to set the alarm biggrin.gif
914_teener
......a week later. laugh.gif
Kansas 914
Hi Sharon - is the event auto loader running yet?
SharonG
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 13 2017, 01:06 PM) *

Mike (aka Gint) is going to do it tonight.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 13 2017, 01:32 PM) *

Excellent - I know a few folks are on the road today but most will be driving tomorrow.
MoveQik
Ready for hook up and launch! Hopefully on the road by 6am!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 13 2017, 03:49 PM) *

Ready for hook up and launch! Hopefully on the road by 6am!

aktion035.gif
Matty900
driving.gif had to get rested up before getting on the road but we're just now leaving Portland headed for Red Rocks see you soon
Elliot Cannon
I'm in St George Utah. Half way there. See you all tomorrow.
SharonG
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 13 2017, 01:32 PM) *

Mike is working on the photo thread. Photos aren't posting so he pulled it offline until its fixed.
Socalandy
Have fun and be safe guy's!!! Hope to make it next year driving.gif
Gint
driving.gif

Image upload thread link

Supposed to be wet in GS tonight...
Eric_Shea
Caravan leaving PMB at 9:00am. Heading to Ray's in Green River, UT for lunch. It would be great o hook up with any CA teeners heading East there (Elliot if you leave around 8:00?) and head in. We should get to Ray's around noon.

Caravan currently consists of two men driving 914's, three pussy's driving trailers and one NorEaster in some whacked out rental car (with air conditioning, real heat, wipers that work and cruise control... aka; another pussy). cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
jim_hoyland
Checked in around 1 and drove up to Woody Creek for lunch; cool and cloudy. Was raining

Traffic flow west on 82 is badddddddd
Elliot Cannon
Checked in about half hour ago. So far, the nicest 914 in the parking lot. biggrin.gif A total of 1031 miles in two days. I might take an extra day going home. sunglasses.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.