Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The OFFICIAL Red Rocks Classic 2017 Post!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
StratPlayer
Put me on the list ......... piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif we need a doobie smoking icon.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 1 2017, 04:26 PM) *

Put me on the list ......... piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif we need a doobie smoking icon.

Good to hear you are attending... beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 1 2017, 05:26 PM) *

AZ914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 1 2017, 04:26 PM) *

smoke.gif

laugh.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(snakemain @ Jul 31 2017, 11:54 AM) *

I'm in!

Wife's schedule changed so she won't be traveling that weekend and can stay home with the kids!

Just me, so I should be in for all the activities.

E

Let me know if you come through Durango. The Durango crew (2 cars) won't head up until Friday morning but please plan to stop by.
ejm
I'll be there beerchug.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(ejm @ Aug 1 2017, 07:24 PM) *

NICE!

It wouldn't be RRC without you.

If you fly into Durango I have an extra 914/6 you can drive......... driving.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 1 2017, 06:29 PM) *

NICE!

If you fly into Durango I have an extra 914/6 you can drive......... driving.gif

Mike- I plan to stop in Durango on Wed and leave Thur AM. Great to see you for a beer or dinner if possible.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 2 2017, 08:20 AM) *

NICE!

Mike- I plan to stop in Durango on Wed and leave Thur AM. Great to see you for a beer or dinner if possible.

That would be terrific - need a place to stay?
michael7810
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 2 2017, 07:21 AM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 2 2017, 08:20 AM) *

NICE!

That would be terrific - need a place to stay?

Yea. Was going to ask you for a hotel recommendation.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 2 2017, 08:30 AM) *

Yea. Was going to ask you for a hotel recommendation.

The Hampton is owned by a fellow Porsche owner and racer. He just raced at Laguna Seca this weekend.
StratPlayer
Booked aktion035.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 4 2017, 11:07 AM) *

Booked aktion035.gif

Nice - there shall be shenanigans afterall!
SharonG
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 4 2017, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 4 2017, 11:07 AM) *

Booked aktion035.gif

Nice - there shall be shenanigans afterall!

beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
I know your not into giving away prizes but I'm bringing some prizes for give away any way.

Kansas 914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 7 2017, 11:52 AM) *

I know your not into giving away prizes but I'm bringing some prizes for give away any way.

You rock Jimmy!
SKL1
Is it legal to drive a different mid-engine car to this? Don't want to trust the 914 all the way from north Scottsdale, but I would trust the Boxster Spyder... this looks very tempting.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Aug 7 2017, 05:49 PM) *

Is it legal to drive a different mid-engine car to this? Don't want to trust the 914 all the way from north Scottsdale, but I would trust the Boxster Spyder... this looks very tempting.

All variants are welcome! There is a rumor there might even be a Subaru there!

I think a friend is bringing a 911 Turbo so...

PS: There is probably a caravan coming from PHX area.
michael7810
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 7 2017, 05:41 PM) *

QUOTE(SKL1 @ Aug 7 2017, 05:49 PM) *

All variants are welcome! There is a rumor there might even be a Subaru there!

I think a friend is bringing a 911 Turbo so...

PS: There is probably a caravan coming from PHX area.

As of now, my plan is to leave PHX on Tues for Flagstaff. Overnight in Durango on Wed and arrive in Glenwood Springs on Thursday. Happy to caravan with others along the way.
SharonG
Hey Folks, make your hotel reservations by Aug 14 - reduced rates expire after that date... which is in 5 days. Specifically this coming Monday. beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Countdown = 30 days..... smile.gif
MoveQik
Booked. Leaving the Valley early on Thursday. :-)
Kansas 914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 14 2017, 05:03 PM) *

Booked. Leaving the Valley early on Thursday. :-)

Nice!

Booked - leaving my valley Friday morning for a 3PM arrival in Glenwood Springs.
Elliot Cannon
I just booked a room. I got in on the last day to get the lower rate. Now I just have to decide if I want to put 2000 miles on the car in one week. laugh.gif driving.gif
snakemain
Mine's booked, now all I have to do is get the car running...again...since last week's SNAFU.
echocanyons
I'm in and excited to be able to finally attend this event.
SharonG
biggrin.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
Kansas 914
I just dropped my car at the paint/body shop to touch-up the car after 6 months reassembly.

I got out of the car and he walked up to the car and said "Mike - the car looks terrific, shame about the windshield".

WTF.gif

Sure enough - on the maiden voyage I picked up a chip and a 5 inch crack.

4 weeks and counting........ Last time I had an insurance claim on the glass they had to order parts from Germany...
76-914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 16 2017, 05:59 AM) *

I just dropped my car at the paint/body shop to touch-up the car after 6 months reassembly.

I got out of the car and he walked up to the car and said "Mike - the car looks terrific, shame about the windshield".

WTF.gif

4 weeks and counting........ Last time I had an insurance claim on the glass they had to order parts from Germany...

Check the classifieds here. PPG has some Sekruit's available on the west coast. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
Just remove it and get a pair of these. av-943.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2017, 09:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 16 2017, 05:59 AM) *

WTF.gif

Check the classifieds here. PPG has some Sekruit's available on the west coast. beerchug.gif

Thanks - There some KYG (Chinese) windshields in Albuquerque (3 hours away) but this is an insurance claim so I may not have a lot of flexibility.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 16 2017, 09:55 AM) *

Just remove it and get a pair of these. av-943.gif

Leave it to a pilot to suggest Snoopy glasses! smile.gif

Click to view attachment
SharonG
Hey Folks, Brant and I have been talking to the guy coordinating the Porsche part of the Motoring Classic event in Snowmass, CO (30 mi SE of Glenwood Springs) Sept 14-17. The PCA group has invited us to join their event. For $45 you get a polo shirt, can join their Friday morning drive to Red Cliff, CO, and be in the car show Saturday afternoon. This doesn't include racing since that's already full. Whether or not you officially join the event, they welcome any or all of us to come watch the Porsche track event at Woody Creek on Saturday morning. Please let me know if you want to join the event and I'll send you the registration link. You don't have to register if you only plan to watch the track event and/or watch the car show. Jeff with PCA specifically said all are welcome regardless of vehicle aesthetics when I initially told him our vehicle is somewhat aesthetically challenged. He did not preemptively throw that out there because we're 914 owners. LOL
biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
Glad your gonna make it Elliot beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Are we going to drive to Woody Creek anyway ? I have friends there and would like to have them visit us and take pics
SharonG
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 23 2017, 11:16 AM) *

Are we going to drive to Woody Creek anyway ? I have friends there and would like to have them visit us and take pics

The schedule is do what you want this year. We'll have dinner reservations/plans but the rest is free form. See post #1 for info.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 22 2017, 03:15 PM) *

Glad your gonna make it Elliot beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

I'm not there yet. It's a long trip but I'll give it a shot. biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 23 2017, 04:23 PM) *

I'm not there yet. It's a long trip but I'll give it a shot. biggrin.gif

driving.gif
VegasRacer
I didn't want to post this while I still had a sliver of hope. All hope is now lost. sad.gif

I will not be able to attend the RRC this year. hissyfit.gif

My new job starts the day after Labor Day. They are Not OK with me working 1 week and then taking a weeks vacation. sheeplove.gif

I will wait until the first of Sept before I cancel my hotel reservation. Please let me know if anybody needs a room.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 23 2017, 08:36 PM) *

I didn't want to post this while I still had a sliver of hope. All hope is now lost. sad.gif

I will not be able to attend the RRC this year. hissyfit.gif

My new job starts the day after Labor Day. They are Not OK with me working 1 week and then taking a weeks vacation. sheeplove.gif

I will wait until the first of Sept before I cancel my hotel reservation. Please let me know if anybody needs a room.

JP,

You will be missed - good luck with the new gig!
StratPlayer
Sorry to hear your not gonna make it JP,,, will burn one in your honor. shades.gif shades.gif blowup.gif blowup.gif
SharonG
Hey Folks, Ron D. is going to lead a drive on Friday and another on Saturday if you'd like to join. I've also added this information along with the PCA info to the first thread.

Friday morning Glenwood to McClure Pass - we’ll be driving beside the Crystal River and pass by Carbondale, Redstone and Marble on the way up.
Saturday morning Glenwood to Ruedi Reservoir – We’ll pass through Basalt and follow along the famous Frying Pan River.
From the end of the drives, you’re on your own to continue on, hike, fish, or head on down to plenty of restaurants options in the towns mentioned. Ron is thinking he'll do a hike in Marble Friday and head up to Snowmass for the car show Saturday afternoon.
cheer.gif driving.gif
jim_hoyland
Pic of Aspen Motoring Club track at Woody Creek
JRust
My car definitely isn't going to be ready. If I fly into Denver. Anyone have an open seat? Also anyone want to share a room? I should probably just not make the trip. I could use a break though. Shoot me a PM if you've got a seat or a bed rolleyes.gif
StratPlayer
Attention guitar players.... I'm bringing 2 guitars, acoustic, and a strat also bringing my blackstar setup.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 28 2017, 06:21 PM) *

Attention guitar players.... I'm bringing 2 guitars, acoustic, and a strat also bringing my blackstar setup.

I'm bringing an acoustic paired with a Tonewood Amp: https://www.tonewoodamp.com/
SharonG
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 28 2017, 06:26 PM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 28 2017, 06:21 PM) *

I'm bringing an acoustic paired with a Tonewood Amp: https://www.tonewoodamp.com/

beerchug.gif cheer.gif
jim_hoyland
Countdown = 14 days beer.gif
SharonG
PCA guy asked me to let you know registration for the PCA event is closing soon. Let me know if you're interested and I'll point you toward the website. It's also posted in the 1st post in this thread. biggrin.gif
SharonG
And only 11 more days!

beer3.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.