Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The OFFICIAL Red Rocks Classic 2017 Post!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 14 2017, 03:18 PM) *

Checked in about half hour ago. So far, the nicest 914 in the parking lot. biggrin.gif A total of 1031 miles in two days. I might take an extra day going home. sunglasses.gif

Well done Elliot - see you Friday afternoon.
Gint
The gang is all (almost) here. The rain stopped. For now...
michael7810
Got home Sunday night after 12-hour drive. Another great event in the books.
BIG THANKS to
Sharon and Gint for organizing the event
Ron & Linda for guiding the drives
PMB & 914Rubber for swag & support
Jim Stratplayer for the Bad Ass (literally) coffee & Irish cream and T-shirt
Mike & Mary for Durango hospitality
And all attendees for helping make these adventures so much fun
See you at Route 66 - 2018
Kansas 914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 18 2017, 07:01 AM) *

Got home Sunday night after 12-hour drive. Another great event in the books.

Glad you got home safely.

We got back to Durango at noon.

Thanks to all that came to the event but special thanks to Sharon for making it happen - cheers!
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 13 2017, 02:49 PM) *

Ready for hook up and launch! Hopefully on the road by 6am!

Had this weird feeling I needed to click on page 8, that there would be a pic I needed to see, and I was right.

That's a beautiful car, Michael.
MoveQik
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Sep 18 2017, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 13 2017, 02:49 PM) *

Ready for hook up and launch! Hopefully on the road by 6am!

Had this weird feeling I needed to click on page 8, that there would be a pic I needed to see, and I was right.

That's a beautiful car, Michael.

Thanks Pete, I appreciate it!
StratPlayer
I had a great time, glad to see you folks again. I always enjoy the RRC, thanks Sharon and Gint for all you do for the RRC.

Elliot, learn to respect your elders.
Elliot Cannon
I just got home from the RRC. I took an extra day getting home. 1000 miles in two days is just a bit much for my old behind. smile.gif 35 miles west of Glenwood Springs, the car just died. Nothing. The tach. went to zero and it just stopped running. Great!! As soon as I lifted the engine lid I could see the problem. A spade connector came loose from the dizzy. I crimped it tighter started up and was trouble free the next 1000 miles. The long drive was truly worth it. The scenery in Nevada, Utah and Colorado is just spectacular. Thanks to Sharon and whatshisname for another great RRC. Elliot, learn to respect your elders. StratPlayer, try to keep up with us youngsters. And thanks for the coffee. It kept me alert that morning. biggrin.gif
echocanyons
Very cool event, it was nice to meet and talk with so many people who are passionate about these cars.
Thank you to all of the organizers.

This is a picture of the group before heading on the first drive.
AZ914
Looked like a great event! Bummed I couldn't make it this year. Hopefully will see you all again at the Rt 66 this spring!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.