Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic - 2018 - April 19-22. Phoenix - Prescott - Williams AZ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
ValcoOscar
THANK YOU

I couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable time this past weekend. BBQ on Thursday was over the top, thank you Mike W. The evening was marvelous, the food superb, and the company fabulous. You have an ideal home set up with you 914 tucked in your beautiful garage. Loved grandmas car too. Those of us attending were fortunate to have such wonderful, thoughtful hosts. Please thank your wife

Michael…I can't sat enough, you D’man for putting this event together. Great planning and execution. Thanks for letting me borrow your driveway for the weekend. Oh, can’t forget Jason who was kind enough to help out on making our awards, so a big shout out to him as well.

I have to apologize for my fellow SoCal friend, Larmo…a bit of a nut…but fun none the less. I can’t change him if his mother didn’t. Kent…love you buddy.

Greg...thumbs up on arranging PMS tour.

I hadn’t participated in a 914 run since 1992…27 years..wow.

Lastly, it was great meeting ALL of you!!! Great memories for sure.

Hope to see you all next year, or sooner!!!

Oscar

Toast
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 22 2018, 08:28 PM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Apr 22 2018, 03:31 PM) *

Here are the official results of the award balloting!

2018 Route 66 Classic

Best of Show: Oscar (ValcoOscar) in his Marathon Blue GT!

Best 914/6: Jason (AZ914) - Red 3.2 conversion

Best 914/4: Mike (Michael7810) in his green 2.0

Most Original: Jerry (Unpretentions) - 74 LE Creamsicle

Best Custom: Elliot Cannon - Black & Flared

Best Non-NARP: Matt (Matty900) in his Guards Red Boxster rental!

That Guy!: Kent (76-914) - for no specific reason at all!

Thanks to Michael and Micheal for organizing and throwing a killer BBQ!

And Finally the “who did the most work getting Toast’s car ready for Rt 66 after an extended downtime” goes to....TOAST. Please PM me your address and I mail you the PMB Certificate for a pair of rebuilt calipers.
Thanks to all the attendees for helping make this a great event.

Alright!! Sweet!! Now that my wheels are staying on... blink.gif rolleyes.gif... I could use some new front calipers. laugh.gif

Thank you everyone for coming!! Thank you to all the vendors, planners and hostesses! It was a great event and my cheeks still hurt from all the smiles and laughter.
I want to give a special shout out to Jake and Chris for all their help getting my 914 to this event and on the twisties again after 4 years! smiley_notworthy.gif

See ya next year!!

toast.gif
euro911
Congrats on the 'win', Toastie aktion035.gif

I received my set of restored '66 912 calipers from PMB today biggrin.gif
forrestkhaag
PMB schmeMB,.. where were you for this drive. You aint getting any younger and this was right in yo back 40.

I am sure the banquet missed your acumen with the straw wrapper dipped in mashed potatoes blown full force at your 914-breathern's temple at point blank range....... table manners were in short supply in Flagstaff some time back and I have pix to prove it!! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
euro911
First off, I've spent too many miles on the road already this year to comfortably fit this one in. Second, I didn't have a 914 (or any other air-cooled VW) road worthy yet (surprised?) unsure.gif

Now, on to my conduct at dinner (in Prescott) ... said straw wrappers were completely dry (like some people's humor), but only because I couldn't find a good source for curare in town ... happy11.gif

Hoping to make it next year driving.gif

Larmo63
I remember way back when, when Mark actually DROVE his 914.

Ahhhh, the good old days........ chair.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 27 2018, 03:57 PM) *

I remember way back when, when Mark actually DROVE his 914.

Ahhhh, the good old days........ chair.gif

That wasn't even his car. I believe that was his wife Diannes' car. poke.gif driving-girl.gif
ndfrigi
But Mark drove his BB last 2015 Route 66 Palm Spring

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...5911&st=560

Click to view attachment
euro911
Yep, 2015 was the last time the 'BB' attended any events. I took the white one (Dianne's) on the Route-66 Run in 2008 …

Click to view attachment

I'm slowly but surely making headway on both - 2019 seems like it might be do-able confused24.gif
Unpretentious
I second Oscar’s comments! It was an amazing event!! Thank you to both Michaels for your excellent work in putting this event together and graciously providing an amazing barbecue! And to Justin, great job on the awards!

Epilogue...Cathy & I drove to the Mojave Preserve and camped Sunday night. Took an alternate route and ended up driving on about 25 Miles of radically degraded washboarded dirt road. Fortunately, I recognized the symptoms of a disconnected trigger points wire connection and we were able to continue our journey. I realize we won’t get much sympathy, but the A/C fan quit east of Barstow. The rest of the trip was uneventful until the ignition switch failed at our last gas-up. Fortunately, it was only 2 1/2 Miles from home. A couple friends came to our rescue and push started the car. Got 32 Miles per gallon from Bakersfield to Madera!

Does anyone have a source for OEM starter switches? I’ve only been able to locate Chinese aftermarket and they’re junk!!
michael7810
QUOTE(Unpretentious @ Apr 27 2018, 07:55 PM) *

I second Oscar’s comments! It was an amazing event!! Thank you to both Michaels for your excellent work in putting this event together and graciously providing an amazing barbecue! And to Justin, great job on the awards!

Epilogue...Cathy & I drove to the Mojave Preserve and camped Sunday night. Took an alternate route and ended up driving on about 25 Miles of radically degraded washboarded dirt road. Fortunately, I recognized the symptoms of a disconnected trigger points wire connection and we were able to continue our journey. I realize we won’t get much sympathy, but the A/C fan quit east of Barstow. The rest of the trip was uneventful until the ignition switch failed at our last gas-up. Fortunately, it was only 2 1/2 Miles from home. A couple friends came to our rescue and push started the car. Got 32 Miles per gallon from Bakersfield to Madera!

Does anyone have a source for OEM starter switches? I’ve only been able to locate Chinese aftermarket and they’re junk!!

I bought mine last summer from Sunset Porsche in Oregon. Took about 6 weeks to get it but eventually it showed up. If you have a German switch it can be opened up and cleaned/lubricated. I did that to mine and still have not installed the new OEM switch.
Steve
I just bought an oem one from Pelican
stevend914
Got home this afternoon...stopped at this rest area this morning:

Click to view attachment
stevend914
Inside the rest area, the floor....

Click to view attachment
stevend914
Click to view attachment
stevend914
Click to view attachment
stevend914
Click to view attachment
stevend914
Click to view attachment
stevend914
Click to view attachment
stevend914
Click to view attachment

I traveled 4893 odometer miles, 4743 gps miles, from Brentwood, MO to Amarillo, TX to Roswell, NM to Socorro, NM to Phoenix, AZ to Prescott, AZ to Williams, AZ to Moab, UT to Bernalillo, NM to Henryetta, OK to Brentwood, MO
Steve
Wow!! Congrats!! I didn't know route 66 traveled through Lebanon. Is that still middle east or middle west?
stevend914
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 30 2018, 07:53 PM) *

Wow!! Congrats!! I didn't know route 66 traveled through Lebanon. Is that still middle east or middle west?

Lebanon (MO) is actually only 81 miles from Cuba (MO) which is also along Route 66!
Unpretentious
stevend914,

Wow, I thought Cathy and I drove a long way (1,768 miles). You surpassed us by over 3,000!

flmont
That alone deserves some type of award !!
914 Ranch
Sorry I missed this again but I am closer to making next year. Stopped by Winslow on the way home from Ca just for the photo opp.

Click to view attachment

You can't see the bug at the end of the block. It's on a trailer behind the big blue box truck.
stevend914
Has there been any plans for 2019 Route 66?
76-914
Not that I'm aware of but it shouldn't be in here in SoCal as WCR 2019 will be here as well. beerchug.gif
Chris914n6
Finally found myself. biggrin.gif

You may have heard @toast and I passed a Google Maps camera car on the way to Phoenix. Finally found the 1 shot of us.

IPB Image
Bigger pic
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.