Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crystal Cove C & C
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(abes914 @ Oct 3 2018, 12:51 PM) *

Hi Jim. Anything special this Saturday at PCA seal beach? I finally fixed by electrical issues to a safe driving condition.

Abe- @abes914

If you're up to it join us this Sunday....I can also fix your floor that day.

Chime in if you're coming.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=pre+purchase

Oscar
abes914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 4 2018, 09:17 AM) *

QUOTE(abes914 @ Oct 3 2018, 12:51 PM) *

Hi Jim. Anything special this Saturday at PCA seal beach? I finally fixed by electrical issues to a safe driving condition.

Abe- @abes914

If you're up to it join us this Sunday....I can also fix your floor that day.

Chime in if you're coming.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=pre+purchase

Oscar

I totally missed that thread. Thanks.

I will be there (confirming with wifey that we have nothing going on Sunday).

I have to fix my leaking fuel lines (inlet to fuel pump). Smelled gas yesterday while warming up the car.
LS1V8Jerry
Count me in... looking forward to testing out my rebuilt transmission driving.gif
Steve
Whi’s Going?
914Toy
See you there.
jim_hoyland
I'm a maybe....but, the weather warm anD very dry.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 9 2018, 07:53 AM) *

I'm a maybe....but, the weather warm and very dry; I already have my top off. What the heck...... smile.gif

Jim, what happened to your car that it was getting on a flat bed last month?
@jim_hoyland

Phil
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Nov 9 2018, 06:19 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 9 2018, 07:53 AM) *

I'm a maybe....but, the weather warm and very dry; I already have my top off. What the heck...... smile.gif

Jim, what happened to your car that it was getting on a flat bed last month?
@jim_hoyland

Phil

The optical module in the Mallory Unilite was bad. Not easy to diagnose on the road, even though I carry a spare.
Beach914
I'm going to enderle and then to work.
Steve
Who’s going ??
914Toy
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 14 2018, 07:16 PM) *

Who’s going ??

See you there.
Gmanscott55
Headed to Pelican Parts C&C in AM
Tdskip
Nice selection of cars this morning (despite my bringing a Fiat). Always nice to see you guys there.

Thanks for bringing the shift knob Keith.
jim_hoyland
I’m going tomorrow, unless the rain starts early.
914Toy
Hope to get my car back by the end of this month.
Steve
Could be awhile before my car is driveable again
SO.O.C914er
I’m heading to Glory Days PCA event. I want to get a couple copies of the Circuit magazine with November’s 914 cone zone in it driving.gif ... Paul. Jim and Eddy have you made a nice reproduction of this year? I was able to make a nice 8x10 and poster from Eddy’s copy last year
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jan 4 2019, 06:12 PM) *

I’m heading to Glory Days PCA event. I want to get a couple copies of the Circuit magazine with November’s 914 cone zone in it driving.gif ... Paul. Jim and Eddy have you made a nice reproduction of this year? I was able to make a nice 8x10 and poster from Eddy’s copy last year

See you there; gonna drive from Crystal Cove to Seal Beachvia Toll Road, 405, 22
HIPPIEKILLER
Someone tomorrow Saturday 19th?
jim_hoyland
I’m waiting until the days are a little longer and it warms up....
HIPPIEKILLER
Only two 914s yesterday. Mine and a rusted six cyl.

I guess there was another meeting in parallel.
Beach914
Went to enderle yesterday. Gary there with his Suby and I think Ken (?) with his dark red Six showed up. Good turn 911 turnout would be cool if more 914’s went weekly.
jim_hoyland
Days are getting longer and it looks like it will be dry
914Toy
Will be there.
preach
If I can make it how much time should I allot to go from where the 8 meets the 5 in SD?

I could be the coolest Chevy Cruse there! And probably the farthest travelled...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(preach @ Mar 7 2019, 01:04 PM) *

If I can make it how much time should I allot to go from where the 8 meets the 5 in SD?

I could be the coolest Chevy Cruse there! And probably the farthest travelled...

Leech made it today; great meeting you.
jim_hoyland
Besides myself, zprech, Mike Ryan, and Keith; Wayne Cowie ( type47fan ) visited.
preach
Great to meet you guys today. Hope I can make it again sometime. smile.gif
914Toy
Will be at Crystal Cove C&C tomorrow, March23.
drem914
QUOTE(914Toy @ Mar 22 2019, 12:09 PM) *

What is the normal start time there? It has been a year since I went there last.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(drem914 @ Mar 22 2019, 12:33 PM) *

QUOTE(914Toy @ Mar 22 2019, 12:09 PM) *

What is the normal start time there? It has been a year since I went there last.

7ish
jim_hoyland
I'm going next week; just got the new 1-2-3 Ignition installed and need to do some driving close to home 1st......
jim_hoyland
I'm going next week; just got the new 1-2-3 Ignition installed and need to do some driving close to home 1st......
Steve
Next Saturday is the CFOS, swap meet and vendor isle. I will be heading to that, but not with my 914. It's still in the body shop.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 22 2019, 07:04 PM) *

Jim, hows it running ? which setting did you try first?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 23 2019, 08:48 AM) *

Runs amazing! We used #2
Also put a new blue coil in and replaced the fuel pressure regulator. Going to sell the Mallory Unilite that used to be made for 4 cyclinder motors; they are NLA since MSD took ovet
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 23 2019, 09:52 PM) *

Runs amazing! We used #2
Also put a new blue coil in and replaced the fuel pressure regulator. Going to sell the Mallory Unilite that used to be made for 4 cyclinder motors; they are NLA since MSD took ovet

thats awesome jim! my stock 2.0 feels like a 2056 to me now, that steady strong pull between 3000-5000 rpm is a huge imporvent, like others i had hesitstion thst i was not sure why, thought it was tps must have been the distributor.
I dnt have a bigger throttle body but i had it rebuilt and i know thats part of it too.
So with your setting #2 is that with out the vac line hooked up? with my d- jet i have that on. With out it i would have a very high isl and to get it down timing would be off.
not sure if any other 123 owners have seen this but im sure its different from L-jet to
D-jet.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 24 2019, 08:14 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 23 2019, 09:52 PM) *

Runs amazing! We used #2

thats awesome jim! my stock 2.0 feels like a 2056 to me now, that steady strong pull between 3000-5000 rpm is a huge imporvent, like others i had hesitstion thst i was not sure why, thought it was tps must have been the distributor.
I dnt have a bigger throttle body but i had it rebuilt and i know thats part of it too.
So with your setting #2 is that with out the vac line hooked up? with my d- jet i have that on. With out it i would have a very high isl and to get it down timing would be off.
not sure if any other 123 owners have seen this but im sure its different from L-jet to
D-jet.

I had the Vac port on the Vanagon TB deleted; hence, I have a non-Vac 1-2-3 unit
jim_hoyland
It’s gonna be top-down weather tomorrow: see you at CC
914Toy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 29 2019, 03:05 PM) *

It’s gonna be top-down weather tomorrow: see you at CC

OK. I will be there about 7:00, leave before 8:00 to drive out the PCA Festival of Speed at Riverside Auto Speedway.
Steve
http://www.zone8.org/events/speedfestival.php
jim_hoyland
Passing this week, getting ready for RTE 66 smile.gif
drem914
For those that did not head out to RT 66 in Havasu is there anyone going to C&C at Crystal Cove or San Clemente this Saturday?
jim_hoyland
Maybe, looks like the weather is warming up,
Bulldozer27
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 19 2019, 03:06 PM) *

I’m going, looks like the weather is warming up,

Crystal Cove or San Clemente?
914Toy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 19 2019, 03:06 PM) *

I’m going, looks like the weather is warming up,

I will be there.
Steve
Ill be there in my rice rocket
jim_hoyland
Nice turnout today...
jim_hoyland
A 1952 VW; this was my first car at 16....mine was green
HIPPIEKILLER
Where are yu guys heading tomorrow morning?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.