Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crystal Cove C & C
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
jim_hoyland
How about meeting up at Crystal Cove this Saturday ? It’s gonna be top-down weather

* easy to reach, 405 > 05 >55 to the 73S, get off at MacCarthur about 4 miles to PCH, TURN LEFT. CC is about 2 miles south on the left in a mini mall. Look for Crystal Cove Promanade sign.

BTW: There's a Trader Joes at the South end of the parking lot that opens at 8:00am if you want to knock out some shopping....

Address: 7958 East Coast Hwy
Newport Coast, CA 92657

Reposting for this weekend..... smile.gif
914Toy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 26 2018, 10:42 AM) *

How about meeting up at Crystal Cove this Saturday ? It’s gonna be top-down weather

I will be there 7:00am.
Steve
I will also try and make it and then head to San Clemente
SO.O.C914er
I’ll be there at 7:00. I have 4 free plastic parts trays for those that want one. We use these for aerospace software.
Steve
The wife wants to bring the dog, so we might only do San Clemente tomorrow morning.
Larmo63
I'll be at San Clemente around 8:00..... driving-girl.gif
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif for this Saturday February 10th
914Toy
Will be there about 7:00 and then onto San Clemente.
Steve
I will try to swing by. Busy day with honey do chores
drem914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 26 2018, 08:23 PM) *

I'll be at San Clemente around 8:00..... driving-girl.gif

When does C&C lineup start now that they have put a 9AM restriction? A couple of weeks ago I drove right in at 9, but still had plenty of parking in the display section.
Steve
bummer but I have a maintenance scheduled on my Toyota at 8:15, so I will have to miss our get together again.
Tdskip
Darn it guys, can't you all have the courtesy to schedule this around my soccer schedule. Cripes.

Have fun!
jim_hoyland
Met Mike Germana ( mgphoto )from Sylmar this am; long time 914 owner with a lot of sweat equity. Nice 2013 cc ‘72

jim_hoyland
Mike from San Clemente brought his newly painted ‘76
Steve
Nice!!!
mgphoto
The 914 contingent.

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Bummer I didn’t know you guys were going or I would have showed up! headbang.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Feb 10 2018, 10:21 AM) *

Bummer I didn’t know you guys were going or I would have showed up! headbang.gif

I’m gonna make the drive on Saturdays just to excercise the car; plus there’s no traffic. I made it down to CC in 30 minutes and that was at the speed limits.
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif Gonna be another top- down Saturday.
Looking forward to road testing my “new” Dr Evil tranny and OEM style heat exchangers. Both had been making irritating noises.... smile.gif
ValcoOscar
Jim-

I CAN make this one....see ya guys there bright and early. Coming from north OC.

Who's going???

driving.gif

Oscar
914Toy
Will be there 7'sh.
SO.O.C914er
Cool I’ll be there with the top in the trunk where it belongs driving.gif See you guys about 7:30 am biggrin.gif
sb914
I'm in.taking the scenic route although Pch
sb914
Larmo,Steve, hippie killer, banana nose, blue 6, ? And the rest of the O.C crew
Larmo63
I was thinking of going to Enderle in Tustin. Everybody seems like they are going to Crystal Cove.

The guy who organizes it thinks it is going to stay small, we will double the size of it with just our 914s.

driving-girl.gif
Beach914
I'm up for Crystal Cove or Enderle. Pick one.
sb914
Well since everybody's going to Crystal Cove biggrin.gif
914 takeover olympic914.jpg irish914.jpg andy914.jpg aubergine914.jpg betty914.jpg blue914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg fuchia914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg red914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg signal914.jpg
ValcoOscar
SB914 (Eddy) and I are taking PCH down to Crystal Cove...ETA 7ish

We are meeting at Beach/PCH at 6:30

Oscar

ValcoOscar
My buddies 914 remains on jack stands so he is driving my black 914 so he can join us tomorrow. Should be cool 914 turn out

drem914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 16 2018, 07:25 AM) *

I was thinking of going to Enderle in Tustin. Everybody seems like they are going to Crystal Cove.

The guy who organizes it thinks it is going to stay small, we will double the size of it with just our 914s.

driving-girl.gif

Lawrence, what time does Enderle start up?
Beach914
7:00ish is a good time to get there also. It's not a very large gathering and there is adequate parking. I'll probably end up going there.
drem914
QUOTE(sb914 @ Feb 16 2018, 01:10 PM) *

Well since everybody's going to Crystal Cove biggrin.gif
914 takeover olympic914.jpg irish914.jpg andy914.jpg aubergine914.jpg betty914.jpg blue914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg fuchia914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg red914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg signal914.jpg

Add me to the list... blue914.jpg
HIPPIEKILLER
See you guys tomorrow in Crystal Cove!
Steve
Visiting my parents today. I’m open next weekend and of course the Phoenix club event.
Tdskip
It was fun to see everybody there today-and especially nice to be able to shake some hands and say thank you in person for all of the help and coaching that the community has extended me.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 17 2018, 08:49 AM) *

It was fun to see everybody there today-and especially nice to be able to shake some hands and say thank you in person for all of the help and coaching that the community has extended me.

Great Turnout:
jim_hoyland
Cars that showed:
jim_hoyland
More
sb914
11 Total. Not bad for a two day notice. had fun check this out ! Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Glad you joined us. Best of luck with your six build.

Until next time.

You ought to come out and join us again for Phoenix event on Mar 4th...

Oscar

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 17 2018, 08:49 AM) *

Larmo63
The Phoenix Club event is my favorite Porsche event of the year. Two weeks!!!!!

The 356 Club is once again hosting the So Cal All-Porsche Swap & Car Display! It will be held on the day after the Lit Meet, Sunday March 4th, 2018. We'll be at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim, CA. If you've been there, you know it’s a terrific site. See thephoenixclub.com for details on this German-American Club. As before, they will have the FestHalle of 11,500 feet under one roof, plus lots of outside room for more vendors/swappers and a large grass soccer field for car corrals. Walk-in gates open at 8 a.m and admission is $10. As before, swappers will make a $40 donation per space and car displayers will get rock star parking for a $20 donation, with a part of the proceeds going to the Orange County Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. For indoor only vendor space reservations at $60/space, contact Trevor Gates at trevorcgates@gmail.com or 949-573-5606. For more information regarding the event and outdoor swap space contact either Jeff Trask at no911nv@aol.com or 949-697-4499, or Pete McNulty at pmcnulty98@aol.com or 949-400-9319. We look forward to seeing you at this rain or shine event!
forrestkhaag
Well written in support of a great event. My car will remain in AZ until April but my pal keith has offered a ride. Great event. And thanks to Jim and the motley crew at Crystal this morning. I can't find three 914z in Az to rub together on a weekend. Plenty of 911 snobs however. beerchug.gif
drem914
How about we take this group over to Enderle Center In Tustin next week? I have been told by a friend "This place has more Porsche than any other C&C" over there.
Larmo63
Shameless pic of Lawrence's car....

Click to view attachment
Steve
Nice shot!!!
I would rather have your car than any of the others in that shot, but maybe I am a little biased.
Larmo63
Who is up for next Saturday Pelican Cars and Coffee? There is a Hunziker open house too on the same day, afterwards.

Promenade on the Peninsula
550 Deep Valley Drive, Suite 101
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
http://www.promenadeonthepeninsula.com/directions
Steve
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 18 2018, 09:02 PM) *

Who is up for next Sunday Pelican Cars and Coffee? There is a Hunziker open house too on the same day, afterwards.

Promenade on the Peninsula
550 Deep Valley Drive, Suite 101
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
http://www.promenadeonthepeninsula.com/directions

I’m in, but the 24th is Saturday
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 17 2018, 09:00 PM) *

How about we take this group over to Enderle Center In Tustin next week? I have been told by a friend "This place has more Porsche than any other C&C" over there.

Where is it located ?
Beach914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 19 2018, 06:45 AM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 17 2018, 09:00 PM) *

Where is it located ?

17th Street exit off of the North bound 55. Make a right at the light.
914Toy
I am in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.