Full Version: Ivory 1970 914/6 Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
gms
Speedometer cable is in (also GEMO)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Targa70
Glenn, It sure does seem like a shame to leave all those miles on what is really going to be a new 914/6. Your work is top notch and we love the updates.
gms
and you thought Magnus Walker had skills...I present to you
the "Rosa Targa" edition! lol-2.gif

Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Targa70 @ Sep 3 2020, 02:48 PM) *

Glenn, It sure does seem like a shame to leave all those miles on what is really going to be a new 914/6. Your work is top notch and we love the updates.

My vote would be leave the miles on. Be proud of them and the restoration. smilie_pokal.gif

5 digit speedo is a relic from an era where most cars weren't expected to make it to 100k miles.

I'm always amazed by the number of people that think they have a 20K mile car but yet there is no service or storage history to back that and typical wear points that clearly say otherwise. confused24.gif
Cairo94507
I was concerned about my mileage too. I was at 89,6xx and it was documented in the little log book that came with my car. So I definitely wanted to keep it accurate. I switched to a later 911 electronic speedometer so I gained the extra digit in the odometer. I am already at 90,6xx now. Now to make that swap we had to add a GPS and calibration unit from Dakota Digital which gave us a minor issue initially but it is all working 100% now and I have no speedo cable in the tunnel and no leak from the speedo drive to ever worry about.

Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
If you followed this build, this car is now on BaT:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-66/
rgalla9146

Isn't it curious that people go to the trouble of creating beautiful restorations
and powerful hotrods and then sell them soon after ?
Two examples on first page of Garage right now.
What's up with that ?
mate914
It takes all kinds in this world. Some of us build to keep and drive and enjoy. Some of us build to sell to others who can not build. They have to be making money right?

Matt flag.gif

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 10 2022, 06:41 AM) *

Isn't it curious that people go to the trouble of creating beautiful restorations
and powerful hotrods and then sell them soon after ?
Two examples on first page of Garage right now.
What's up with that ?

Jett
The car is amazing and hopefully sells smile.gif

Why would someone remove the oil cooler?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.