Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luft6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Ed_Turbo
Hey guys,

I will be a volunteer that will most likely have the cars move to the organizer’s pre-coordinated spots within the location. Say hi to me, Ed, your friendly 914 owner and community leader.

If you are chosen in the event and have a 914 I think everyone will be in some neat spot again like before. From what I hear the venue is amazing. They come up with some thoughtful things.

I can ask and see if we can have a spot to park together.

-Big Eddie
siverson
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ May 8 2019, 01:29 PM) *

Just a thought, do you think that 914 owners (displayers and spectators) would like to
meet at someones familiar specified 914 at a designated time to chat, meet each other and browse/check out each other's cars? Hopefully we will all be in one general area.

Looking forward to seeing some super 914s!

By The Way, welcome.png !¡!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 8 2019, 02:04 PM) *

Dang, the Friday night thing looks like fun, but $180 fun?

You can even (now sold-out) pay MORE for an extra extra special super duper Porsche guy experience.

Is this event THAT snooty now? Jeez.

Friggin' LOVE the Der Faszination "Luftreject" shirt!!!!!! Good one, Marty!

Lawrence...so the guy that has penned this shirt, posts up the Luft reject notices (on short iGram vids) of each participant that received a reject notice ; then you pay a $10 spot for your shirt, and promise to wear it at the show lol-2.gif TOO Funny .
I hope some of our guys rock their F Truppe stickers driving.gif
914SIXXation
QUOTE(siverson @ May 8 2019, 08:45 PM) *

Hi 914SIXXation,

We met last year - I had the green six.

I'll be there again this year too.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

Looking forward to seeing you again this year. It was great meeting you last year......It was cool seeing you pull in your beautiful green 914 the evening prior to the Loft 5 event.
I thought the organizers did a great job of displaying some of the 914s last year especially with displaying different cars above the crowd on flatbed trucks. The 914 spot located adjacent to the food court was supreme. It will be interesting to see how everything is organized for Loft 6.

Just finished cleaning up the 914-6 and hope to drive it up to hotel by the venue early enough on Friday to miss traffic in the rain. On my way to my first Loft (#4) it was raining so hard that I had 2 cars (separate incidents) do 360's on the freeway and slammed into the barriers!

Bummer that the present weather forecast for Saturday is 80%. However, we still had a fantastic time in the rain at Loft 4 and the photography was awesome with the rain element.

See you on Saturday! (BTW, are you going to WCR next month?)

Margie

914SIXXation
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ May 8 2019, 08:47 PM) *

Hey guys,

I will be a volunteer that will most likely have the cars move to the organizer’s pre-coordinated spots within the location. Say hi to me, Ed, your friendly 914 owner and community leader.

If you are chosen in the event and have a 914 I think everyone will be in some neat spot again like before. From what I hear the venue is amazing. They come up with some thoughtful things.

I can ask and see if we can have a spot to park together.

-Big Eddie

Hi Big Eddie,

Thanks for being a volunteer for the event. I would assume there will be a neat spot for the 914s again this year which would be cool.

I thought I saw mention that they would be sending out additional instructions prior to Saturday to those that are displaying cars unless I am mistaken. I've always moved in the day or night prior (but I understand isn't possible this year due to venue). Haven't received any other instructions yet.

Looking forward to seeing you at Luft 6! (Are you bringing your 914?)

Margie
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 8 2019, 09:10 PM) *

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ May 8 2019, 01:29 PM) *

Just a thought, do you think that 914 owners (displayers and spectators) would like to
meet at someones familiar specified 914 at a designated time to chat, meet each other and browse/check out each other's cars? Hopefully we will all be in one general area.

Looking forward to seeing some super 914s!

By The Way, welcome.png !¡!

Hi "Maltese Falcon",

Thanks so much for the welcome to 914 World!

Hope to meet you at Luft 6.

Margie
driving-girl.gif
Chi-town
I just received my "Luftreject" shirt, such a great idea! laugh.gif

For those of us not privileged enough to display or get tickets there are some great events happening the Friday and Sunday to get your Porsche fix.

Benton Performance in Anaheim is hosting Nachtgekült Friday 6p-10p

Auto Kennel in Costa Mesa is hosting "Fuching" Friday 10a-2p

Breakfast Club at Newcomb's Ranch opens at 9

Uplift at Esposito 9a-6p

Air Meets Water at Petersen 7a-10p

Porsche Super Car Sunday 7:30a-10a Pierce College on Victory Blvd.

The Professor Run is Sunday also for those who like to drive cars rather than stare at them laugh.gif

sb914
Looks like rain on Saturday! pat.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 9 2019, 08:33 AM) *

Looks like rain on Saturday! pat.gif

Jim's (Lucky 9146) white gt will be sitting pretty if the rain shows up: he will be equipped with one of my prototype engine compartment rain shields biggrin.gif
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Optimusglen
Man what an incredible show. I'll add some pics later.
Ed_Turbo
Click to view attachment

Ed_Turbo
Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Click to view attachment
Ed_Turbo
Great show, super tired though. Lots of walking all day got me burned out!

We had to refuse drivers for trying to get in early. There were many angry guys at the show.

-Ed
Steve
Funny .. there was a 916 there with no placard and just along the wall and most people didn’t even notice it.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
1st time meeting Matt of 914rubber. Nice and generous guy (normal from 914rubber family).

Abe and I (Noel) wants to thank you for the beautiful hat that we wore during the show and we did remove our PORSCHE hat.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914_7T3
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 11 2019, 03:27 PM) *

I saw those two and they were up to no good!

laugh.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Steve @ May 11 2019, 07:26 PM) *

Funny .. there was a 916 there with no placard and just along the wall and most people didn’t even notice it.

The ex-Otis Chandler 916, this one belonged to a Porsche Family member prior to Otis' ownership in the '80s. George (A/A) may chime in here and mention the current owner....
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 11 2019, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 11 2019, 03:27 PM) *

I saw those two and they were up to no good!

laugh.gif

hahaha
Coondog
Just by shear luck, I shared a picnic bench for lunch with the co-founder of Luft-6,
Howie Idelson and his family, while the wife’s talked girl stuff, we talked about the future of this event and the crazy logistics in getting it held at Universal Studios. When I pressed him on next years location he would only say that Japan was on the Radar.

FYI...there was no VIP area and he had to buy the hotdogs for his family. Pretty down to earth dude.
burton73
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 12 2019, 05:43 PM) *

Just by shear luck, I shared a picnic bench for lunch with the co-founder of Luft-6,
Howie Idelson and his family, while the wife’s talked girl stuff, we talked about the future of this event and the crazy logistics in getting it held at Universal Studios. When I pressed him on next years location he would only say that Japan was on the Radar.

FYI...there was no VIP area and he had to buy the hotdogs for his family. Pretty down to earth dude.

FYI,, The hot dogs where very good.

1.5 hours to get from the parking lot line to the area where the cars where.

Lines with people with bags went 3 times as fast.

Bob B
Coondog
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 12 2019, 05:57 PM) *

FYI,, The hot dogs where very good.

1.5 hours to get from the parking lot line to the area where the cars where.

Lines with people with bags went 3 times as fast.

Bob B

Parked car 9:45am in parking structure. Walked through security and inside in less then 15min..... blink.gif I saw everyone standing in line and commented to my wife why did they point us through the gate and not down the block where the back of the line started........ first.gif
Maltese Falcon

Howie's son Dane , about 9 or 10 has been karting for several years.
Dane's a hard charging hot shoe and is a podium finisher.This kid is going to be a motorsports champion. Both Patrick Long & Howie hatched the Luft idea about 6 years ago. Luft 1 was in a small Cafe/ Moto coffee shop in Venice, Ca named Deus ex Machina. First gathering was word of mouth, free, and limited space parking for about 40 cars. It just keeps getting better & bigger each show driving.gif driving-girl.gif
914_teener
Looks like the 29 Frank Ginther prepped car was there.

Who owns the other two C prod cars now and was that the yellow reproduction that is up for sale there?

Pics please. Couldn.t make it this weekend.

Lucky9146
What a fantastic day!
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Driving In.....was so cool. Seeing all the 914's and becoming part of it
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Click to view attachment
Optimusglen
Entrance was kind of a mess for a lot, I had a media pass fortunately so was able to scoot around quite a bit.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Unbelievable show apart from the hassles at entrance I heard so much about. For the most part I wasn't taking many pictures, I was just trying to live in the moment and soak it in. The number of beautiful cars was overwhelming.

Lucky9146
Lucky enough to get one of these Originale copies, wax stamped Luft 6 2019

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
One of my fav shots!

Click to view attachment

Lucky9146
How he got this plate.................

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
Was a very cool, well-orchestrated event! I shot a few hundreds pics but have to leave town in the AM so it'll be a while before I get the better ones sifted and posted. Great to meet those of you I could!
Lucky9146
Andy Should have hung around his car more, you might have seen this!
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ May 13 2019, 10:22 AM) *

driving.gif white914.jpg

Yep, that Stance Works
wes
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 13 2019, 10:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ May 13 2019, 10:22 AM) *

driving.gif white914.jpg

Yep, that Stance Works

agree.gif stance is right although the photographer shot the photo from the wrong angle might have a better look at Andy’s car if taken just a bit more to the left.
abes914
QUOTE(Steve @ May 11 2019, 07:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Jerry Seinfeld stopped by and checked this car out along with a couple of race cars in that area.
Retroracer
Some pics from the day. Pretty epic from my perspective.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and for reference, my insect collection after the drive North back to the Bay Area:

Click to view attachment
tperazzo
So great to see so many of you 914'ers there. I shot lots of 914 video plus more.
Happy 50th to the 914!

https://youtu.be/phb8qZ-Id9g
ndfrigi
Abe and I arrived the entrance gate around 9 but our ticket is for 10am. So we have to make a uturn from the gate and parked nearby along the street for a qtr mile away.
Since street parking only allows 4hrs max. By the time we got In the show, it’s already 10:30 and we have to go back to my boxster by 1pm.

With all the beautiful cars in that show (well that is why only selected cars are allowed/approved to display), 1 full day is not enough if you really want to check the details of each car. Just for the 914 alone which is more than 35 super cool 914s. I only able to checked few of them. If I just have the time, probably 3 to 10 mins each 914 just to savor the details of it plus hundreds of various unique porsches on display.

Next time I will have to plan a full day and bring a paparazzi style camera.

Only Jeffery, Andy, Kent and Matt that we able to talked too and just a quick chat since we have to focus on the 914s.
GregAmy
Duplicate
GregAmy
Always wondered why someone has not tried these style of flares on a 914 instead of the boxy big-shoulder look of the more-common 916-ish.

I saw that syle of flares on a Lotus Europa racer (can't see to find it again) and it looked pretty good...

QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ May 11 2019, 08:19 PM) *
JmuRiz
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 13 2019, 06:35 AM) *

Looks like the 29 Frank Ginther prepped car was there...

What's the story with the turn signal buckets, anyone get any detail shots of how/were the air flows through them. Interesting!

Hopefully more photos of that yellow 916 show up, what a cool car that i have yet to see in other photo threads online
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.