QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 17 2019, 12:40 PM) *

just sayin........

w00t.gif

It's a short trip for you.

We want Suzie!

Just sayin...
Gint
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 18 2019, 01:11 PM) *

Things not looking great with my car. Keep finding more leaks. Had to pull my intake to reseal it. Damn valve covers keep leaking oil as well. Still hoping they can get it on the dyno today but not looking to good. Haven't thrown in the towel yet but I don't have much more time left before the decision get's made for me sad.gif

Just get there. You'll get a ride one way or another.
Chris914n6
Just noticed I'm still on the attending list. I shouldn't be.

I checked the 914n6 again this weekend driving.gif

...still hasn't fixed its own overheating/head gasket issue yet rolleyes.gif
JRust
Well my car isn't ready. Still an outside chance he can finish my tune in the morning. If so I will come although I'll get a pretty late start leaving around lunch time. Torrey is a good 15 hour 1 way drive for me. The tuner wasn't super optimistic he would have it ready. He has a funeral to go to tomorrow. So doubtful he will have enough time. With my stand alone ECU & it being an older model. Anyway I'll update in the morning when I know for sure
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 18 2019, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 17 2019, 12:40 PM) *

just sayin........

w00t.gif

It's a short trip for you.

We want Suzie!

Just sayin...

we have to go south west..her baby boy , has a girl living with him,and I got to get the golf mk 4...not ca legal... gunner.gif confused24.gif
76-914
Yeah Jamie. Drive on down in your truck or van. I remember when one young mans hastily planned trip once ended in minor crunch. You’ll get the bugs out and safely drive it to several future events. beerchug.gif
JRust
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 18 2019, 06:36 PM) *

Yeah Jamie. Drive on down in your truck or van. I remember when one young mans hastily planned trip once ended in minor crunch. You’ll get the bugs out and safely drive it to several future events. beerchug.gif

Oh I plan to flat tow it out if it's working. Wont be finished per see but if its tuned I'm fine. My interior will be a total mess
JamesM
Went to gas up and...

my front trunk release snapped.

Worked a graveyard shift last night, been up all day and looks like its going to be a long night. Hoping I have a spare, if not i might borrow from one of my other cars.

JamesM
Trunk access repaired, should be good to go.

Hoping this is my "thing that breaks" for the trip. Well technically two things have already broken. While rushing to get the front trunk fixed I did the dumbest thing I have in a while and jammed a flat head screwdriver through my hand. On the plus side I found a use for that crappy harbor freight superglue I had in my garage. Didn't want to waste time getting stitches, had more work to do on the car!

JRust
Car won't be ready so I'm not making the trip sad.gif . I know there are seats available but flights are way to expensive last minute. I'm not making the drive out now either. With the larger bill I've got coming from the shop. I am better off putting my money towards that. Sorry all I would love to be there confused24.gif
76-914
Just filled up. From Winchester, CA to Mesquite, NV 37.73mpg, 75-85mph, and used AC most of the way. piratenanner.gif
sixnotfour
Be on the lookout for a group of VW buses, around escalante,
they are planning a camp trip......
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 19 2019, 10:42 AM) *

Just filled up. From Winchester, CA to Mesquite, NV 37.73mpg, 75-85mph, and used AC most of the way. piratenanner.gif

Go Kent.... dog.gif

thumb3d.gif

Oscar
TravisNeff
I am out as well. : sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.