Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RED ROCKS CLASSIC 2019!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mgp4591
I've just opened up a room - it'll be a work weekend for me so I'll plan for Rt.66 in the spring. Looks like a great group and a good time so have fun!
SharonG
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 19 2019, 11:38 AM) *

I've just opened up a room - it'll be a work weekend for me so I'll plan for Rt.66 in the spring. Looks like a great group and a good time so have fun!

sad.gif
JamesM
Getting close!

Click to view attachment

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif 3 weeks & 3 days.
Carl La Fong
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 12 2019, 02:27 PM) *

Who's up for caravanning from the SoCal area?

Anyone with Subaru spare parts would be best and very appreciated. happy11.gif lol-2.gif
SharonG
I have your event t-shirts! They turned out awesome. See you in 16 days! beerchug.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 19 2019, 06:21 PM) *

sad.gif

My buddy from work just booked Fri-Sun, he will be coming up from Arizona in his Cayman.

Also think i finally talked my wife into coming down with my daughter on Friday afternoon once school lets out. Maybe we can have a "Teach Melissa to dive a manual" event in the parking lot! Then next year we could bring two 914s! driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 4 2019, 01:34 AM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 19 2019, 06:21 PM) *

sad.gif

My buddy from work just booked Fri-Sun, he will be coming up from Arizona in his Cayman.

Also think i finally talked my wife into coming down with my daughter on Friday afternoon once school lets out. Maybe we can have a "Teach Melissa to dive a manual" event in the parking lot! Then next year we could bring two 914s! driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif

It would be excellent if Jeff Hines was there for the driving lesson. #EscalanteDonutsInTheField
(Note: I think Jeff would be a good instructor and have no doubt James wouldn’t start his daughter’s instruction with donuts unless in pastry form).
JRust
I'm still trying to make it. Car isn't running yet but I am still hoping to get it finished. I'd say I'm only 80% on making it. Could be worse I suppose. Still pushing for it so keep your fingers crossed idea.gif
76-914
Go Jaime, go. Two weeks to go. You can do it. beerchug.gif
MoveQik
Well...the schedule piled up a bit too much and I can't make it. Just cancelled my room. sad.gif

Have fun guys, bummed I'm going to miss this one.
SharonG
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 5 2019, 03:12 PM) *

Well...the schedule piled up a bit too much and I can't make it. Just cancelled my room. sad.gif

whack_3.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 5 2019, 02:36 PM) *

whack_3.gif

He's a 911 guy now.. so.. you know... laugh.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 7 2019, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 5 2019, 02:36 PM) *

whack_3.gif

He's a 911 guy now.. so.. you know... laugh.gif

I can forgive the 911, but who am I going to steal cleaning supplies from? Selfish bahstahd.
brant
Bummer Wills

Hey is it almost your birthday
Have a great one
JamesM
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 5 2019, 01:12 PM) *

Unacceptable! thats two in a row now!
SharonG
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 10 2019, 09:14 AM) *

Agreed @JamesM

We’ll be posting more event plans tomorrow. Stay tuned! I’m looking forward to seeing you all! beerchug.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 11 2019, 07:30 PM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 10 2019, 09:14 AM) *

Agreed @JamesM

We’ll be posting more event plans tomorrow. Stay tuned! I’m looking forward to seeing you all! beerchug.gif

My buddy with the Cayman (Aaron) is coming up from Tempe, ill just have him swing over to @MoveQik 's to "borrow" his 914 given its not being properly used tongue.gif

Just to clarify,

Wife=Melissa - The one I built the purple car for but still hasn't learned to drive a stick.

Daughter=Sydnee - My weekend driving buddy. She is only 8 but is the only one in my family to share my love of cars and the outdoors. Seriously the kid has had a fascination with cars since before she could talk. Pretty sure she will be driving a stick as soon as she can reach the pedals.

Arizona Cayman driving buddy=Aaron - Apparently the only Porsche owner in his area that can be bothered to make the trip poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif

Click to view attachment

michael7810
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 13 2019, 08:39 AM) *

My buddy with the Cayman (Aaron) is coming up from Tempe, ill just have him swing over to @MoveQik 's to "borrow" his 914 given its not being properly used tongue.gif

Just to clarify,

Wife=Melissa - The one I built the purple car for but still hasn't learned to drive a stick.

Daughter=Sydnee - My weekend driving buddy. She is only 8 but is the only one in my family to share my love of cars and the outdoors. Seriously the kid has had a fascination with cars since before she could talk. Pretty sure she will be driving a stick as soon as she can reach the pedals.

Arizona Cayman driving buddy=Aaron - Apparently the only Porsche owner in his area that can be bothered to make the trip poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif

Click to view attachment

Which is exactly 1 more than the Utah/Colorado contingent who attended Rt66 in Lake Havasu this year. av-943.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 13 2019, 11:09 AM) *

Which is exactly 1 more than the Utah/Colorado contingent who attended Rt66 in Lake Havasu this year. av-943.gif

Whats RT66? confused24.gif lol-2.gif
SharonG
Hey Folks, for meal planning purposes, please let us know how many and when you plan to arrive in Torrey. Thanks! beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
2 peoples
Arrive Thursday evening
76-914
Me, myself and I for planning purposes. John & I should roll in early thrs pm. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 13 2019, 02:53 PM) *

. . . how many and when you plan to arrive . . .

1 person. elvira.gif
4:20 arrival. smoke.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 13 2019, 01:53 PM) *

Hey Folks, for meal planning purposes, please let us know how many and when you plan to arrive in Torrey. Thanks! beerchug.gif

I should be there Thursday afternoon. Wife and daughter will arrive Friday evening.

Is anyone else coming from/through the Salt Lake area? Are we meeting anywhere for the drive down?
SharonG
I've added the event agenda to the first post. beerchug.gif

Gint, Brant and I will arrive in Torrey around 6-7pm Thursday dependent on construction.
ejm
I should be to Torrey around dinner time Thursday.

Anyone interested in a half hour ride to up to Goblin Valley State Park after lunch Saturday in Hanksville? It was the alien planet set in "Galaxy Quest"
rick 918-S
That is a cool place!

Hers is the main reason we are missing out on the event this year. My son and his beautiful new wife. Married on 914.
Click to view attachment
ejm
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 15 2019, 09:02 AM) *

That is a cool place!

The Alien fits right in there! very_first_smiley[1].gif Congrats on the family addition..hope to see you and Sandy next year
SharonG
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 15 2019, 05:30 AM) *

Anyone interested in a half hour ride to up to Goblin Valley State Park after lunch Saturday in Hanksville? It was the alien planet set in "Galaxy Quest"
Yay! See you Thursday, Ed! I might have to do the Goblin Valley. alien.gif
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 15 2019, 07:02 AM) *
Here is the main reason we are missing out on the event this year. My son and his beautiful new wife. Married on 914.
Congrats on the new daughter, Rick! I haven't seen you in eons - we'll miss you.
76-914
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 15 2019, 04:30 AM) *

Sounds interesting. idea.gif
VegasRacer
A much better idea than going to Storm Area 51.
StratPlayer
Ahhh goblin valley, when I was first dating my wife who had never been to southern utah I took her to goblin valley, pitched a small tent and we spent the night a mist the goblins.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 15 2019, 11:48 AM) *

A much better idea than going to Storm Area 51.

Way better idea assimilate.gif
Click to view attachment
76-914
Is @Gint going to start an Live Event Uploader Thread? I'm leaving a day earlier than most. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
JRust
Anybody coming through phoenix who is towing? I've got a set of 4 wheels in Phoenix I am looking to buy. Be killer if someone had space & could snag them for me
TravisNeff
No towing for me driving.gif
sixnotfour
just sayin........
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 17 2019, 12:40 PM) *

just sayin........

LOL! Jeff that is awesome aktion035.gif . I have decided I don't need those wheels. I am still waiting for my car. Had a couple setbacks at the Tuners. Couple oil leaks to deal with & couple changes. Supposed to be tuned tomorrow. So I need no more surprises. If it isn't done tomorrow I will bow out. Hoping to leave early Thursday & get there for friday's drive
76-914

just sayin........

sheeplove.gif hilarious.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 17 2019, 02:07 PM) *

just sayin........

LOL! Jeff that is awesome aktion035.gif . I have decided I don't need those wheels. I am still waiting for my car. Had a couple setbacks at the Tuners. Couple oil leaks to deal with & couple changes. Supposed to be tuned tomorrow. So I need no more surprises. If it isn't done tomorrow I will bow out. Hoping to leave early Thursday & get there for friday's drive

aktion035.gif good luck man beerchug.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 17 2019, 08:53 AM) *

Is @Gint going to start an Live Event Uploader Thread? I'm leaving a day earlier than most. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

Workin' on it. smile.gif
Gint
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 17 2019, 07:53 AM) *

Kind of had to wait. It was in use. Tomorrow most likely...
VegasRacer
WTF. confused24.gif LOL. lol-2.gif
Those were post I sent months ago on the Route 66 rally.
Gint
Easy now. Event uploader test gone wild... You guys want the event uploader to upload pictures directly to this thread, or would we like the traditional separate thread?
AZ914
Separate thread por favor. Its nice to just scroll thru pics without this other bantering smile.gif
Gint
Kinda had the same thought. See ya in Torrey.
Gint
2019 RRC event uploader thread link
JRust
Things not looking great with my car. Keep finding more leaks. Had to pull my intake to reseal it. Damn valve covers keep leaking oil as well. Still hoping they can get it on the dyno today but not looking to good. Haven't thrown in the towel yet but I don't have much more time left before the decision get's made for me sad.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 18 2019, 01:11 PM) *

Things not looking great with my car. Keep finding more leaks. Had to pull my intake to reseal it. Damn valve covers keep leaking oil as well. Still hoping they can get it on the dyno today but not looking to good. Haven't thrown in the towel yet but I don't have much more time left before the decision get's made for me sad.gif

Just bring extra oil!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.