Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 Project Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
tygaboy
Josh - that looks great! Feel free to come paint my car... biggrin.gif

Here's to a safe and no issues RRC. Enjoy and take lots of pics for all of us who can't be there.
Cairo94507
That really looks nice- love the stock windshield trim. Safe trip and fun on the RRC trip. Oh, and you are going to go with a ceramic tint....'cause the AC is not enough cooling.... some people have all the luck. driving.gif beerchug.gif
mxkinn01
QUOTE(FL000 @ Sep 5 2022, 10:36 AM) *

A couple lessons learned but overall happy with how it came out. Next up get some miles on her and get windows tinted before RRC. Going with ceramic to see if it can help cut the cabin heat.

Click to view attachment

Josh,
Is that over spray I see on your garage door? LOL Car looks great. We'll see you at the RRC in a few weeks, hopefully its cooler weather in Salt Lake City.
Mike
FL000
@tygaboy will do on the pics of RRC. I would be nervous turning a wrench on your car let alone painting it! The beauty of working on my car is if I screw it up I only have myself to blame. I am looking forward to seeing what yours looks like when complete. Over the top, subtle, idea.gif

@Cairo94507 I am careful not to boast among fellow teeners, but it is nuts when you feel cold air from the vents and the sun still manages to cook you lol.

@mxkinn01 I am sure you are wondering how in the hell I got overspray there. I tape some paper there and adjust the gun before I hit the car. Guess I need more biggrin.gif

Am I the only one who didn’t realize these cars use an adhesive pad to attach the rear view mirror to the windshield?! I ended up use Permatex from the FLAPS but have a pad on order if/when it falls off.
76-914
I just removed my rear view mirror which I Permatex'ed on back in 2009. I thought it would never come off! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.