Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Southern Calif Drive May 2nd
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Coondog
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 1 2020, 11:01 AM) *

QUOTE(preach @ May 1 2020, 06:35 AM) *

I hope you guys plan something later in the month as well. I got word yesterday that I might have to go back to San Diego for a few months. If that is the case I will be driving the Cayman out from NH.

I will call it the Caronaball Run!

Would like to set up a San Diego run in a couple weeks, it’s been getting hot down here lately beer3.gif A good group run before the summer heat goes full blast would be great

Would love to get in on a San Diego run.
Coondog
Oscar has put up a option for lunch. His brother in law owns a car wash / deli which is pretty close to our end spot. Word is they will open up the inside to us for seating, bathroom ect.ect. You could even get your car hand washed. We would still end at PCH Ruby’s parking lot
I will leave this open for everyone to decide at our drivers meeting tomorrow morning.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Actually my brother's business...great food at reasonable prices. Clean restrooms.

I'm here now having lunch....they just reopened today after 5 weeks

Oscar
preach
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 1 2020, 04:38 PM) *

I hope you guys plan something later in the month as well. I got word yesterday that I might have to go back to San Diego for a few months. If that is the case I will be driving the Cayman out from NH.

Would like to set up a San Diego run in a couple weeks, it’s been getting hot down here lately beer3.gif A good group run before the summer heat goes full blast would be great

Looks like I can make my arrival day. I am shooting for June 1. Or even better maybe that Friday just before 6/1.

@Coondog if I get to see your 914 I will be mildly happy in a gigantic way.
Coondog
QUOTE(preach @ May 1 2020, 02:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ May 1 2020, 04:38 PM) *

Looks like I can make my arrival day. I am shooting for June 1. Or even better maybe that Friday just before 6/1.

@Coondog if I get to see your 914 I will be mildly happy in a gigantic way.

Thanks, but mine doesn’t hold a candle to Eric’s Big Laguna.....
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 1 2020, 01:58 PM) *

Actually my brother's business...great food at reasonable prices. Clean restrooms.

I'm here now having lunch....they just reopened today after 5 weeks

Oscar

I think that is a good place for the end point of the drive and we don’t need to join other people by the Main road. Plus we will able to have our distancing properly while waiting for something to eat and to support sir Oscar’s bro’s business at the same time.

See you tomorrow and be safe everyone!
drem914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 1 2020, 02:24 PM) *
I think that is a good place for the end point of the drive and we don’t need to join other people by the Main road. Plus we will able to have our distancing properly while waiting for something to eat and to support sir Oscar’s bro’s business at the same time.

See you tomorrow and be safe everyone!

Updated map and directions link with added stops included for Ruby's in South Laguna and the Car wash

OC Drive - May 2

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Nice work Franz.....Oscar l like adding your brother’s place heck ya! Let’s drive driving.gif
drem914
So how many are we up to here? 16 cars?

@coondog
@SO.O.C914
@ndfrigi +1
@ValcoOscar
@Drem914
@914Toy
@Steve
@infraredcalvin
@914_7T3
@oldschool
@sb914
@914-300Hemi
@eric9144
@Beach914
@garrettlee2

---
WARNING: Too many @ tags!
---
ndfrigi
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 1 2020, 03:50 PM) *

@coondog
@SO.O.C914
@ndfrigi +1
@ValcoOscar
@Drem914
@914Toy
@Steve
@infraredcalvin
@914_7T3
@oldschool
@sb914
@914-300Hemi
@eric9144
@Beach914
@garrettlee2

---
---

nice 16 cars. thank you Franz for the route update and for the list of members joining tomorrow!

drem914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 1 2020, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ May 1 2020, 03:50 PM) *

@coondog
@SO.O.C914
@ndfrigi +1
@ValcoOscar
@Drem914
@914Toy
@Steve
@infraredcalvin
@914_7T3
@oldschool
@sb914
@914-300Hemi
@eric9144
@Beach914
@garrettlee2

---
---

nice 16 cars. thank you Franz for the route update and for the list of members joining tomorrow!

Thank Coondog, He's the one who put this all in motion
Daryl32
QUOTE(drem914 @ Apr 30 2020, 09:35 PM) *

@coondog do you know if they are open doing take out or actually serving outside? Website says hours of operation start at 11.

Just called the owner of the 73 V8 swap.

Car needs to stretch it's legs.

Do you have room for one more car?

Not sure we / he can do the whole run but would be nice to meet and drive part of it with you.
gonzo54
This looks like a great Saturday drive. The car is ready and I'm ready to get out of the house so add one more-I will try to keep up with you guys-

Rick-Seal Beach
ValcoOscar
Yes guys...come on and join us. We will have N95 masks available.

Add one more (Bob) is following Marc and I.

Nice...morning
ndfrigi
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ May 1 2020, 04:53 PM) *

This looks like a great Saturday drive. The car is ready and I'm ready to get out of the house so add one more-I will try to keep up with you guys-

Rick-Seal Beach

Eddy with red 914-8 is from Seal Beach
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 1 2020, 04:58 PM) *

QUOTE(gonzo54 @ May 1 2020, 04:53 PM) *

Rick-Seal Beach

Eddy with red 914-8 is from Seal Beach

Regrettably, Eddy has to work tomorrow so he is OUT.

We'll miss him for sure.

Oscar
Coondog
I am bringing one hundred N95 respirators. If you or your family members work in a job that is high risk I am more then happy to provide N95s at no cost. I have several family members who are in the medical field. It’s amazing that nurses are only provided one per day and in most cases they aren’t N95s.

Hit me up tomorrow if you need some.
stevegm
Oscar suggested I post this in this thread.

In tomorrow's episode of Build Talk LIVE we are planning to air part of the Southern California Drive LIVE.

We have moved the "show" to Zoom, and are airing it on Facebook Live. We think this will help with the quality of the video.

Plus we will be touring Joe_average13's 914 project, in all of its metal glory.

Join us tomorrow (Saturday, May 2nd) at 1:00 pm (ET) on Facebook Live - http://facebook.com/NineMotoring

PM me if you have any questions about how to join online.
SO.O.C914er
Coondog thanks for starting this one and bringing the masks. I will be bringing rubber gloves if anyone needs a check up...haha lol-2.gif lol-2.gif....see ya in the morning.
olsib914
I will be there in old school 544..someone has to sweep

Olsib914 add another mike
Beach914
Sorry guys I’m out. 308’s guys are doing a similar drive on Sunday and the car is dying to hang with its own kind. Guess I’d better get the GT going my quickly. I really want to see everyone’s cars and run with all of you.
drem914
So here's the latest, 19 cars beerchug.gif

@coondog
@SO.O.C914
@ndfrigi +1
@ValcoOscar
@Drem914
@914Toy
@Steve
@infraredcalvin
@914_7T3
@oldschool
@sb914
@914-300Hemi
@eric9144
@Beach914
@garrettlee2
Bob
@Daryl32
@Gonzo54
@Olsib914

---
---
oldschool
Any one driving near Pomona we can drive down!
drem914
QUOTE(oldschool @ May 1 2020, 09:53 PM) *

I know someone off FB from the area.

Here is his link. https://www.facebook.com/nelson.bonilla.90

Not sure if he is going or if you can connect.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 2 2020, 12:38 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ May 1 2020, 09:53 PM) *

I know someone off FB from the area.

Here is his link. https://www.facebook.com/nelson.bonilla.90

Not sure if he is going or if you can connect.

Hi Everybody,

Wow, can't believe its been so long since I've checked in and chatted with 914 friends......

I did have a nice chat with Mike about the WCR in July and reserved a room. Great memories of our first WCR last year when we met so many great people and saw some awesome 914s!

Oscar, thanks so much for letting me know about tomorrow's run.....

Sure wish we could make the run tomorrow morning with all of you. Sounds like a great time and looks like you're going to have a good turnout!

We'll hopefully be able to join in when the next group goes to San Diego.

Have a great time and please stay safe! Sure miss you guys and so many of you that we haven't met yet! GO 914s!!!!

Cheers,
Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif
eric9144
On my way beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment
eric9144
And party is over for me, oil system leak on the 5 north by Las Pulgas sad.gif
Looks like an easy fix but not roadside
ndfrigi
wow sorry Eric! be safe!
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Steve
Thanks Coondog for organizing this!! Very nice drive!!
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
drem914
Final Car Count

13 - 914's !!
5 - Porsches (4 Boxsters)
4 - Other Euros
22 - Grand Total !!

Thanks everyone for staying safe on this beautiful Saturday in Southern California. driving.gif

Great idea Greg.
Oscar, Thanks for the end of trip Lunch.
See everyone real soon. flag.gif
SO.O.C914er
Nice photos guys! Great weather great people driving from the OC canyon roads to PCH outstanding thank you all.....Paul
Daryl32
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ May 2 2020, 02:04 PM) *

Nice photos guys! Great weather great people driving from the OC canyon roads to PCH outstanding thank you all.....Paul

Thank You - it was great to see all the 914s and others.

Great to meet you all! beerchug.gif

Coondog
Great seeing everyone. Thanks to Franz and Oscar for helping put this drive together.
What should have been a easy 1 1/2 hour drive home turned into over 2 hours. Fuching Cal Trans why you gotta due work on Saturday. 15 fwy. was nightmare....
infraredcalvin
Here comes my photo-dump from the DSLR... I'll post a google drive link later with the full size photos if anyone wants the higher quality photo. Thanks again @coondog & @drem914 for pulling together!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Very cool! Looks like a great time was had by all. Thanks for all the pics, too!
gonzo54
Thanks @coondog and everyone else that organized this drive. Great Pictures-This was my first group drive in my first 914! Looking forward to many more-

-Rick Seal Beach
914-300Hemi
Thank you @coondog for organizing the drive today. It was great to see everyone today.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Looks like you guys had fun! I am still on the sidelines, my engine is out, new flywheel, broken clutch spring, & lots of things that needed to be addressed on the green targa and they were. We corner balance and align the car next Friday, so I should be back on the road then.

All new pretty suspension, shifter bushings, clutch, TOB, refinishing the fan and surround, etc.

Itching to drive it. driving-girl.gif
Blue6
Thanks guys for the pics. Looks like a great driving day in SoCal. Nice cars!!
oldschool
piratenanner.gif Thanks guys, it was very cool, sorry I had to part early.
looking forward to the next one. driving.gif
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.