Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass Sheridan front end - P 7 /8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
JamesM
Man these are pretty... as was the packing it came in.

Good Job Mark!

Are you guys going to be doing any bumpers as well? Looking to ditch my 916 setup.

Click to view attachment
AZBanks
Could you ship these via greyhound? I have shipped a couple very large but not heavy items via greyhound and they were surprisingly affordable.
Mikey914
Happy to ship best way. So far if we crate individually they can ship Fedex ground, just not cheap west cost about $160 a box
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(JamesM @ Nov 11 2020, 12:51 PM) *

Man these are pretty... as was the packing it came in.

Good Job Mark!

Are you guys going to be doing any bumpers as well? Looking to ditch my 916 setup.

Click to view attachment

Do you have photos of the front you can share?
Mikey914
I can get some pics of the finish tomorrow. It's a white Gel coat. Not really a finished part, but ready for paint with some minimal prep.
mark
914-300Hemi
Any update
Howie's 914
I would also be interested in a rear trunk lid.

Thank you
Mikey914
We've been reworking our fright rates with LT and asked Fedex for special rating for the hoods. We are waiting for Fedex to finalize their numbers, but will be in full production soon.

On another note the rear 1/4 panels mold were pulled in carbon fiber and we have door skins we did in fiberglass these molds will come on line shortly too.

Also the lower air dam with brake cooling ducts. We have 2 other variants we are working on too. So we can offer an air dam with a cooling package including cooling plates we are working on too!
Lots of new stuff
Mikey914
door skins too
These are fiberglass but will be available in carbon fiber too
euro911
Oooooo ... I'd be interested in a CF front lid with headlight delete and the white surface. Always wanted to delete the pop-ups and fabricate something similar to Felix's 'Neo-914' headlights in the turn signal buckets idea.gif

I don't see them listed on the site yet confused24.gif

Also, has Oscar's offer to provide a receiving/distribution 'hub' for shipping to So Cal been discussed any further?

popcorn[1].gif
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 1 2020, 11:04 PM) *

We've been reworking our fright rates with LT and asked Fedex for special rating for the hoods. We are waiting for Fedex to finalize their numbers, but will be in full production soon.

On another note the rear 1/4 panels mold were pulled in carbon fiber and we have door skins we did in fiberglass these molds will come on line shortly too.

Also the lower air dam with brake cooling ducts. We have 2 other variants we are working on too. So we can offer an air dam with a cooling package including cooling plates we are working on too!
Lots of new stuff

Does the air dam line up with GT front flairs or are they designed for Sheridan front fenders?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 2 2020, 07:49 AM) *

Lots of new stuff

Does the air dam line up with GT front flairs or are they designed for Sheridan front fenders?

I'm assuming so, but have yet to pull and mate up parts. As you can see this is not a quick process, and we have made some changes to the parts to make them more user friendly (like adding the substructure to the front and rear skins).

I did also wind up with some "extra" molds so I have to see what fits what.
Steve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 2 2020, 09:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 2 2020, 07:49 AM) *

Lots of new stuff

I'm assuming so, but have yet to pull and mate up parts. As you can see this is not a quick process, and we have made some changes to the parts to make them more user friendly (like adding the substructure to the front and rear skins).

I did also wind up with some "extra" molds so I have to see what fits what.

Awesome!! Thanks for the response!! Looking forward to it!!
B2524
When can I get a pair of rear fenders??
Thanks
Mikey914
Here's the deal I have 2 sets of molds. This is the 1st set we reconditioned and pulled from.

It will take me a few weeks but I can have an example of those up shortly. I also have some fronts I'm working on too.

So yes I could sell you what I have made here but you might want to hold tight a bit longer as the rest come on line.

Mark
euro911
Thanks for the PM, Mark type.gif

popcorn[1].gif
B2524
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 3 2020, 08:57 AM) *

Here's the deal I have 2 sets of molds. This is the 1st set we reconditioned and pulled from.

It will take me a few weeks but I can have an example of those up shortly. I also have some fronts I'm working on too.

So yes I could sell you what I have made here but you might want to hold tight a bit longer as the rest come on line.

Mark

What will be the difference between what these and the ones coming later?
Mikey914
The flare looks more like the GT and it extends up the 1/4 panel as one piece.
B2524
I actually like the flares that you are showing now. I’d like a pair of them. Can you PM me a price shipped to 93465. Thanks.
jb6000
Seems like it's tough dividing time between production and making new molds.
Craigers17
@Mikey914 Any word on the availability of the rear deck lid?
Mikey914
We are in production never fully opened up the GB as we were trying to figure out all the moving pieces (mostly shipping and crating). We do have these squared away but with the accounting changeover we had set this aside.
Just PM me which you want (carbon fiber or fiberglass) drop me an address and I can quote.
Thanks for checking,
Mark
PS we hope to get the ball fully rolling in another month.
Mikey914
Finally got the GT version with the factory glass done.
Mikey914
more
Mikey914
rear
Mikey914
more
Mikey914
one more
Mikey914
The Balsa was actually difficult to get. Unfortunately some of my materials are starting to increase in price too.
mgarrison
Mark,

Any estimate on when you might have the "race" hood without headlights? Ideally looking for a vented (Subaru conversion), fiberglass hood without the popups...

Thanks,

Mike
Mikey914
We have a fiberglass with the headlight delete option. The louvers are another animal. We have to start from scratch on what we have and I have the Saratoga tops in line 1st, so it will be awhile before we could get to that.

Let me know if you want the one we have made up.

Mark
mgarrison
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2021, 12:55 PM) *

We have a fiberglass with the headlight delete option. The louvers are another animal. We have to start from scratch on what we have and I have the Saratoga tops in line 1st, so it will be awhile before we could get to that.

Let me know if you want the one we have made up.

Mark

Mark,

I'm interested in the one you have made up. I sent you a PM...

Thanks,

Mike
mb911
What is the price point on these again?
Mikey914
The GT's are a little more in that they use the factory type glass and the balsa was more than I thought it would be. Believe it or not there is a shortage...???

I should be able to crunch the numbers and post up shortly. Just got back in this morning from a 5 day marathon trp.

Mark
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2021, 03:49 PM) *

The GT's are a little more in that they use the factory type glass and the balsa was more than I thought it would be. Believe it or not there is a shortage...???

I should be able to crunch the numbers and post up shortly. Just got back in this morning from a 5 day marathon trp.

Mark

How about Bass wood? almost as light as balsa.

If you were close I'd give you a couple thousand board feet of kiln dried Bass wood.
Mikey914
The balsa we bought was specially scored to be laid up in fiberglass, but given the issues we had getting it it might be worth looking at alternatives. I think the amount of material we are using there may be a small weight difference. I'd have to play with it to see how it would work.
Curbandgutter
Id be interested in the front carbon fiber with light deletes.
Mikey914
Laid up the front end mold. Will have pics in a day or 2.
Mikey914
Accounts for flairs, oil cooler cut out, air dam and turn signal deletes all in one.
Mikey914
Out of the molds! One piece with lip edge to help with alignment.

Still need to clean up but now we have the hoods, the rear fenders, the door skins, and soon the rocker panels.

Also another surprise part will be ready soon.
tazz9924
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 6 2021, 10:18 AM) *

Out of the molds! One piece with lip edge to help with alignment.

Still need to clean up but now we have the hoods, the rear fenders, the door skins, and soon the rocker panels.

Also another surprise part will be ready soon.

I like! wub.gif
Mikey914
The only problem we are having is shipping. Thinking that we can crate a complete kit and ship most cost effectively. It's one of the reasons we had not really been promoting the parts. If you have a couple hindered in shipping and a crating charge, it would be best spread out over the complete kit.
Looking at a kit comprised of
front end piece (as shown)
2 rear fenders
front hood
rear hood
door skins
rocker panels
+??
tazz9924
other than a rear decklid with a spoiler i have most of the other fiberglass i intend to use, the front end can be made easier to ship by cleckoing aluminum on the outside then cutting it in half or thirds or whatever fits in the box best. but you can always sway me with your quality goodies
Mikey914
We can do that. The issue I was starting to look at is it's relative. There is a cost to segment the part. There is also a cost to crate and ship both ways. From what I can tell, it looks like it's about a wash. Knowing that it would be easier (and stronger) to do as one piece. I had originally thought that it would significantly reduce cost as the crate is smaller, but still have to build one.
76-914
tazz9924
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 7 2021, 07:55 AM) *

We can do that. The issue I was starting to look at is it's relative. There is a cost to segment the part. There is also a cost to crate and ship both ways. From what I can tell, it looks like it's about a wash. Knowing that it would be easier (and stronger) to do as one piece. I had originally thought that it would significantly reduce cost as the crate is smaller, but still have to build one.

Im still in, just hit me with a price
Mikey914
Will do after WCR. Im heading out to the day job for 4 days, then pack and drive.
Mark
tazz9924
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 7 2021, 08:37 AM) *

Will do after WCR. Im heading out to the day job for 4 days, then pack and drive.
Mark

No problem!
blabla914
All of these parts look great!

curious to know if you are considering making stock or GT flared front fenders in fiberglass. I'm sure as most of you are aware, looks like QRS is gone.

Thanks, Kelly
Mikey914
We can, would need to make a mold. Anyone have a set hanging out?
Craigers17
I have always enjoyed this thread and thought these Carbon Fiber deck lids and frunks looked great. I wonder if those who have purchased either the Carbon or Fiberglass versions could provide some pics of fitment on your 914's?

I love everything 914 Rubber does, but it would still be nice to see how these products fit on actual 914's in the field, as, after 50 years, everyone's car is probably a little different. Also, @Mikey914 , did you ever create a FG or CF engine lid?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.