Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WAS Top - " New Saratoga top " project back in the spot light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Chris H.
Way to keep at it Mark first.gif ! These must be very hard to make at a decent price.
Zodiac
Put me on the list for sure.
roachghia70
Please add me to the list as well. Very interested.
RobM
Mike, I would love one....if you're still making these please count me in
Rob[

whitetwinturbo
........ love to hear about getting one in Black/Smoke/Grey
peteinjp
Still hanging in here. Might even get a couple. Is this project still a possibility Mike?

Pete
Krieger
People, these tops are not going to happen! I signed up for an earlier group buy for one in August of 2012. In June of 2014 I received a credit from Mark for my deposit and used it for some other parts. I was tired of waiting...
Mikey914
As much as I’d like to complete these there have been a series of setbacks. Mostly on the materials side. I have thousands invested and countless hours, but just can’t do these right now.

Part of this is due to the day job.

I will get back to this eventually, but more pressing things (like getting my sons 914 back together) have cropped up.

Mark
technicalninja
I don't care about the timing but is there a list of possible colors available?

I want silver.

I'm willing to wait...
Mikey914
These were made from acrylic, we can get a silver, but it’s not transparent. The mirror isn’t either.

The problem we are still running into is the consistency of the material. It looks like we could do these, but we would have to place an order with the us manufacture directly, and the minimum is not small.

This is not the complete issue. With the polishing I have spent over 10 hours on each roof total, to do these, every other project will suffer for months.

We are currently working on the retool of the dash tops - to actually sell them for less than the solid rubber ones, as well as doing another run of the solid ones now.

So with materials and time issues these haven’t been at the top of the list.

Will I ever do them again, most likely, but not in the near future.
JHarden
I want one.
Mikey914
For now we are focusing on the new dash tops. Once things get a little less busy we can get back to these.
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(JHarden @ May 10 2023, 08:04 AM) *

I want one.

Hey get in line
peteinjp
Bump! Dying to have one of these tops!

Pete
jim_hoyland
Am I still on the list ?
Mikey914
Yes and these are coming back around.
Made some big progress, more news soon.
Mark
Zodiac
I am hurting for one of these Tops.
Mikey914
Timing on this is good. I just finished one and had my nephew cover it with the Expel self healing film. This is the best way to protect them. More pics in a few days. We will be ramping up production on these.

Mark
eric9144
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 27 2023, 07:02 AM) *

Timing on this is good. I just finished one and had my nephew cover it with the Expel self healing film. This is the best way to protect them. More pics in a few days. We will be ramping up production on these.

Mark

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Sweet!
SO.O.C914er
Go Mark go!! Getter done people are hungry for these. piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Long_ago
Yes, I'm in.
HB

peteinjp
Waiting with bells on!
IDEFIX63
awesome job, still interested as well!
Steve
Can I still get a blue one?
SO.O.C914er
Excuse me!! That would be two blue ones haha. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Rob914
Mark,
I have finally caught on to your evil marketing plan.
I promptly responded that I'm in (see post #40) and soon had a several hundred dollars gift certificate in anticipation of using it as partial payment for a top.
Then before the top is available, you have a sale on your awesome bumper tops. That gift certificate was then Poof! Gone.
Another update on the top and another gift certificate is soon in hand.
Then you have another sale on LED headlights and Poof! Gone that gift certificate is spent.
Another update on the top and a new gift certificate is in hand.
Now I just know another cool product is about be released like a wheelchair lift that stows completely under the rear deck lid (I recently turned 60) so you're guaranteed to get this last gift certificate, too.
Then another tease about the top just to keep me hooked.
My car hasn't seen daylight in years and the Saratoga top is just the motivation I need to start working on it. My car's fate is in your hands.

For those that visit the Bird Board OT ~ Poof! Gone is a registered trademark of Vash, Inc.
Mikey914
I do have one that I just need to mount the hardware onto. Will try to get the pics up tomorrow.
-Mark
Firstcar
I’ve always been interested in one of these and at one time years ago had my name submitted for a waiting list.
Would love to see what your WAS top has evolved into and get current info on price, options, availability and wait time piratenanner.gif
StratPlayer
Getting ready to put mine on the car, great time of the year to use this roof. piratenanner.gif I got this from 914 rubber quite a while ago one of their first editions.
Mikey914
I've got the 1st of the new production that will be at the WCR24. More pics today!
eric9144
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 29 2024, 09:18 AM) *

I've got the 1st of the new production that will be at the WCR24. More pics today!

cheer.gif Can't wait until they're ready chowtime.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 29 2024, 10:15 AM) *

Getting ready to put mine on the car, great time of the year to use this roof. piratenanner.gif I got this from 914 rubber quite a while ago one of their first editions.

Here it is installed..
Mikey914
Haven't forgot , just 1st day back from being gone for a week, so I will post up in the morning.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 29 2024, 10:08 PM) *

Haven't forgot , just 1st day back from being gone for a week, so I will post up in the morning.

@Mikey914 it’s morning! biggrin.gif
Front yard mechanic
I hear a rooster
Shivers
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 29 2024, 12:17 PM) *

Here it is installed..

Looks really nice. Did you get a chance to sit under it for a while, what is that like?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Shivers @ Apr 30 2024, 06:39 AM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Apr 29 2024, 12:17 PM) *

Here it is installed..

Looks really nice. Did you get a chance to sit under it for a while, what is that like?

On the way out to the barn now.

To answer the question, windows up on a sunny day way too warm!!
However think about it as sunglasses. On a sunny day, when you would have the top off, it gives you some shade.

I made this because here in the NW we do actually drive our cars in the rain. Rather than take off and put on every time it looks like rain, now you are covered! Literally.
Chris H.
I WANT THAT!
Mikey914
Willl have one for sale shortly.
Mikey914
I got almostvnothing done on this today. It sits on Taylors rig right now. We are procesding another run of cdashtops. Will revisit. Tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.