Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WAS Top - " New Saratoga top " project back in the spot light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
DC_neun_vierzehn
I'm in for one. Message me for payment details?
Mikey914
Now that the roll bar GB is running I'm switching gears to these.
eric9144
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 15 2021, 02:55 PM) *

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Seriously excited for this!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 15 2021, 05:55 PM) *

@Mikey914
Mark, there are tint options right? can you do a copper colored tint? :edit: i’m in for a “rose smoke” color i think, i’d like to see a sample but i thing that might be cool
Mikey914
I think we can so some options. They may be more expensive as we are doing a bulk run of the acrylic processed in the optimum shape. Otherwise a roof takes a whole 4'x8' sheet.
Mark
gord
Please count me in for one of these!

Gord
audio_file
Smoked with hardware for me please Mike. Thank you!
jim_hoyland
Im in to0; led my original WAS top, but sold it to WES.....It's a terrific product. smile.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 15 2021, 10:02 PM) *

I think we can so some options. They may be more expensive as we are doing a bulk run of the acrylic processed in the optimum shape. Otherwise a roof takes a whole 4'x8' sheet.
Mark
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 21 2021, 08:38 AM) *

Im in to0; led my original WAS top, but sold it to WES.....It's a terrific product. smile.gif

maybe if we get a few to do the same tint it would bring the cost down on that tint option? if it’s a lot more i’ll just get stock smoke color but the rose metallic might be cool for the copper 914
@jimhoyland
@Mikey914

Jett
A greenish tint might be cool smile.gif

@Mikey914 it would be great to get one of these for a G body 911 smile.gif! They always sell quickly on Pelican but are SUPER rare.
Mikey914
Yes working on that version also.

As far as the tint goes yes we can do a few different variations. Of course we can do just about anything for color but that comes at a price. That is why we tend to stick to stock colors. There is a pretty good palette, so more to follow as we get closer.
mark
Badinfluence1
Im interested and I need to spend this stimmy $$ fast, or I will end up on a "fabulous" trip to somewhere that sucks.
raynekat
QUOTE(Badinfluence1 @ Mar 21 2021, 04:15 PM) *

Im interested and I need to spend this stimmy $$ fast, or I will end up on a "fabulous" trip to somewhere that sucks.

Now that is funny.....hahaha.
draucci
I'm interested in one of these tops.
Thanks
waltonsm
I am in for a charcoal one with hardware.
Shivers
QUOTE(Badinfluence1 @ Mar 21 2021, 04:15 PM) *

LOL
Curbandgutter
I'm in for one with hardware. Don't know what happened last time, I stated my desire for one, but was not contacted any further. How does this work, do we just state it here and you will contact us?
Mikey914
You got it. The list is here.
However the 1st ones will be produced without hardware.
You will be able to use factory hardware. The rear we should be able to provide shortly.
Front yard mechanic
Charcoal one for me type.gif couldn't find a list?
Villemi
Hello Mickey
News of the Saratoga Tops ?
Nate W
I would like to get one of these as well in charcoal. Please let me know if I need to send you any addl info. thanks
Mikey914
We are bringing in materials for mass production now. Will have more info shortly
Villemi
Good news!!!!
Mikey914
We are also making some improvements. One of those while you are there things. One is a huge leap forward, More to follow.
wes
popcorn[1].gif $$ in hand!
Mikey914
Just finished up the GT fiberglass hoods, so cranking on these today!
ibmiked
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2021, 04:00 PM) *

Just finished up the GT fiberglass hoods, so cranking on these today!

Please put me down for one smoked with hardware for ‘72.
B2524
Smoked one for me too. 72.
Mikey914
We are currently working on improving the fiberglass portion of this part. It in turn will make the roof more rigid and improve the manufacturing method to allow for production on a larger scale. Materials issues on the acrylic are looming as suppliers are increasing prices (same with fiberglass), but we are actually making progress.
Zodiac
I definitely want one of those see thru tops add my name to the list please.
914e
Would these survive the Arizona sun? I think a smoked one would be nice except dark objects quickly hit over 190F when in the sun.
Steve
They do have a greenhouse effect and will roast you in the summertime, especially in AZ.
914outlaw
I'd be interested in one of these tops as well.
Mikey914
Will be posting up on about 10 days. We have really redesigned a lot on how we made these and it's finally coming together.
maf914
Okay, dumb question. What does WAS mean, as in WAS top? idea.gif
Mikey914
We were Whitesell Architectural Supply, Inc when we made the 1st run so WAS top.

My primary business was Aluminum glass railings. My son now runs that business and I have moved to my "fun" job of making parts for our cars. I still wind up helping him out on some of the more technical jobs, but focused on making parts for our cars now.

To spin off the company we created Whitesell Design Groups do technically they would be WDG roofs, but will stick with the original name to keep it from getting more complicated.

Clear as mud?

Anyway more to follow shortly.
r_towle
So,
WDG was WAS
914rubber is special

And roofing
eric9144
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 9 2021, 12:13 AM) *

...more to follow shortly.

chowtime.gif popcorn[1].gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 8 2021, 09:09 AM) *

Will be posting up on about 10 days. We have really redesigned a lot on how we made these and it's finally coming together.

Great news.I'll order a second top ifI can take delivery at the WCR and save on shipping.
Mikey914
That may or may not be possible. Mainly due to a few others that want the same and I will be driving. The 1st prototype should be done in about 10 days. Main problem is I've been working the day job quite a bit lately and I have training in 14 days so I will have to devote some headspace to that too. Either way I'll post up a progress up date with some pics. I really think it will be ready. Just racing the clock.
Bills914-4
Hey Mark ,
can you put down for 1 charcoal grey TOP , thank you Bill D.
Warren914
+1 if I still have money after engine / AC work.
gkk
I remain interested in the targa top. Do you have colour options yet?

peteinjp
Definitely interested! Put me down for a charcoal top.

Pete
Yng123
If these tops are still available for sale or pre-order let me know I would like a charcoal one thank you. Mike
eric9144
chowtime.gif
Man it would be sweet as it gets cold around here... still we wait popcorn[1].gif
Van B
So glad this thread got bumped up to front page! I had no idea this was a thing in the world, but now that I know, I must have one!!!

I’m thinking the exact same as Eric, a perfect winter top so you can still get some daylight!
peteinjp
Just putting in my vote for progress on this- want a charcoal top!

Pete
Mikey914
Hoping the material to finish the coating on the top is in shortly. The wrong stuff got ordered and I've been waiting.
whitetwinturbo
Put me on the list for one of these wub.gif !

What happened to the possible "other" tints besides grey?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.