Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *official* Route 66 Classic info. thread. 2021
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 8 2021, 10:55 AM) *

Not to give anything away, ph34r.gif but I got to see a preview of the trophies that @RiqueMar is making.

What can I say? first.gif That boy has skills. beerchug.gif

FERG.gif You are going to want to take home some of this hardware.

@VegasRacer

How about ME confused24.gif

John bye1.gif

I'm IN for a little swag. PM me an address so I can ship next week.

O
VegasRacer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 14 2021, 07:13 PM) *

Volunteers are sought to help plan the Car Show, Awards, Vendor SWAG, T-shirts, Tour Routes, etc.

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 8 2021, 12:16 PM) *

How about ME confused24.gif

I'm IN for a little swag.

Congratulations @ValcoOscar piratenanner.gif You've got the job.
We would rather have YOU at the event, but we sure aren't going to turn down FREE stuff. biggrin.gif
brant
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 7 2021, 10:09 PM) *

I was lucky today. I took Kugel in for an alignment and "Road Force wheel balancing" in preparation for Rt66. Rather than wait 2 hours I walked down to my favorite hardware store and killed a little time there. When I returned they told me that they couldn't balance the wheels because they were afraid they'd damage the center caps. I returned home and removed the center caps so I could drop off the wheels back off to them in the morning. When I removed the wheels I found the r front outer bearing was kaput. I replaced inner/outer & races. That would not have been a fun thing to do in AX or NM.

Good catch!
MoveQik
Well bummer. I was hoping to meet up with you all in Winslow but looks like a no-go for me. Drive safe!
914_teener
I was in the parking lot........and where is everybody?

icon_bump.gif

beer3.gif

Click to view attachment
914_teener
Some pics from my advance camp in Prescott Az.

Some pretty nice cars at the town square.

Click to view attachment
914_teener
Nice 911...mostly ass dragers there and all were 2000 or later. I saw one 987.2 a Boxster S.

Click to view attachment
914_teener
Check out the spider web cracking on the PCCB rotors.

Scary looking....I.m told they are fine...really?

Click to view attachment
worn
I am starting to think about what I oughta bring. Couple quarts of oil. A few tools. Maybe a clean shirt? If I get started on Tuesday, can I catch up wit youse guys on Thursday? Maybe I ought to pm my cell phone number. New phone for me! Old one crushed in a car door... just what I wanted. Plan to navigate using a paper road atlas. Ah mesiour! Such a thing, it has not been done!
914_teener
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 11 2021, 01:47 PM) *

Well bummer. I was hoping to meet up with you all in Winslow but looks like a no-go for me. Drive safe!

Sorry you can.t make it Mike.

914_teener
Another prolouge post:

It would appear that BJ has lost his Johnson.......bar.

Click to view attachment

For those of you that are old enough....these molded "big guys" were made for advertisement purposes all over the mid-west and western US. This particular one has held several things in his hands including as you might of guessed a rifle, a muffler, video games...quite a roadside history. You may remember them near a Phillips 66 station.....hence the story on R66.

76-914
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 12 2021, 09:03 PM) *

I am starting to think about what I oughta bring. Couple quarts of oil. A few tools. Maybe a clean shirt? If I get started on Tuesday, can I catch up wit youse guys on Thursday? Maybe I ought to pm my cell phone number. New phone for me! Old one crushed in a car door... just what I wanted. Plan to navigate using a paper road atlas. Ah mesiour! Such a thing, it has not been done!

JP still uses paper maps, too! Some of us are leaving the west on Tuesday also. T minus 9 days. piratenanner.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 13 2021, 02:39 PM) *

JP still uses paper maps, too!

Yes he does. elvira.gif

I become stupid, lost and lazy when I go on vacation in the Cayman.
I can't even find my way back to the hotel after dinner without help from the GPS.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 7 2021, 08:49 AM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 7 2021, 08:17 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 7 2021, 07:20 AM) *

What would be your ETA in Kingman?

How does 10:00 am PST sound for a big truck stop breakfast in Kingman ?

That's doable. See you there. driving.gif

To avoid congestion in metro Kingman, how about a few miles east on I-40 at exit 66.
The Iron Skillet in the Petro Stopping Center, 970 S Blake Ranch Rd. @76-914
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 13 2021, 09:41 PM) *

To avoid congestion in metro Kingman, how about a few miles east on I-40 at exit 66.

Sounds good to me. driving.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 14 2021, 05:58 AM) *

Sounds good to me. driving.gif

Look for a white 944 on I-40. Deb and I are leaving Camp Verde around 10. BIL is following us to SF so we’ll be doing the speed limit…you might catch us driving.gif
Mayne
Yesterday I did a third shakedown drive, going about 40 miles. I had been struggling with a weak battery and found that the ground strap from the trans to body was barely attached. Gave the contacts a good cleaning and bolted it back down. Hopefully that'll help.

Temps are a bit on the warm side in NM. dry.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
AZBanks
I am in a mad scramble to get the car back together and registered in time to meet everyone in NM.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 14 2021, 08:56 AM) *

Look for a white 944 on I-40. Deb and I are leaving Camp Verde around 10. BIL is following us to SF so we’ll be doing the speed limit…you might catch us driving.gif

Aren't we 24 hours ahead of you? idea.gif
We are driving up on Tuesday and staying in Albuquerque. aubergine914.jpg blue914.jpg

Tues. 22 - Las Vegas Caravan.
Kingman hook-up. - 10:00 am
Dinner and Hotel in Albuquerque.

Wed. 23 - Rendezvous in Santa Fe, NM.
worn
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 14 2021, 05:51 PM) *

We are driving up on Tuesday and staying in Albuquerque. aubergine914.jpg blue914.jpg

Maybe I gonna have to push off on Monday. Are you all staying in Santa Fe on Wednesday night? Right now I am trying to decide when to cut west and when to drive south. Maybe go through Colorado Springs. I have been doing yard work to get used to the heat. Near freezing through the end of May and then the 90s.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 14 2021, 08:15 PM) *

Maybe I gonna have to push off on Monday. Are you all staying in Santa Fe on Wednesday night? Right now I am trying to decide when to cut west and when to drive south. Maybe go through Colorado Springs.

YES. smile.gif All the dates and locations are in the first post of this thread.

I am getting to Santa Fe early on Wednesday to explore. Many others will be arriving throughout the day and evening. (dinner in Vegas,)
Thursday at 9:14 am is the first drive. Some have said they will not get there until Thursday evening.
Sill more will show up on Friday or even only Saturday in Winslow. (A few will not caravan with the group to Winslow.)
914-300Hemi

Sounds good John. See you there at 10am
VegasRacer
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jun 14 2021, 08:43 PM) *

Sounds good John. See you there at 10am

Excellent Ravi. piratenanner.gif

Party of four. chowtime.gif A booth by the window please.

fuchia914.jpg silver914.jpg olympic914.jpg
michael7810
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 14 2021, 06:51 PM) *

Nope- we're driving to SF on Tuesday.
76-914
Looking forward to meeting your wife and seeing you again my friend. beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
Fabulous. Fabulous. Fabulous. beerchug.gif

In exactly one week from right now I finally get to begin my first real road trip / vacation in waaay too looong. boldblue.gif

First stop: Albuquerque. MDB2.gif
RiqueMar
Received the first parts of the trophies yesterday, very excited to show everyone!

Still trying to see if I can make it. Believe I have a route to fly-in and fly-out, just trying to figure out rental cars as opposed to driving. If anyone has a Turo / Rental contact in the area, it would be greatly appreciated. type.gif headbang.gif
VegasRacer
If anybody wants my number it is 7 oh 234 oh 34 oh 5 call me.gif Feel free to text me yours.
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 15 2021, 04:48 PM) *

If anybody wants my number it is 7 oh 234 oh 34 oh 5 call me.gif Feel free to text me yours.

I still have it. You probably still have mine. If not LMK. smoke.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 15 2021, 05:17 PM) *

I still have it. You probably still have mine. If not LMK. smoke.gif

Yup. I've still got yours. smile.gif I also have another fun photo to add. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

NOTE: All of my superfluous pictures will reflect our approximate location a week in advance.
VegasRacer
What will those crazy Americans think of next. flag.gif tunez.gif Singing Highway.

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer

I received a PM question about my dress to impress, costumes encouraged request.

Gourmet Awards Banquet at 7pm in The Turquoise Room. Cocktails at 6. beer3.gif wine.gif
Dress to Impress. Costumes Encouraged. There will be a special prize for the best outfit.

It can be interpreted any way you want. I am simply trying to encourage everyone to have fun.
Black tie attire is allowed, but not expected. Dress up, dress down, dress out. Just put some thought into it.
Whatever will make the other diners envious or terrified of our little party. zorro.gif clown2.gif busted_cop.gif cheer.gif elvira.gif king.gif
RARE 6
NOTE: All of my superfluous pictures will reflect our approximate location a week in advance.
[/quote]

We'll be there in spirit, but up in the Black Hills of SD with fellow old Land Cruiser enthusiasts that weekend. Pictures from our last time along Route 66, about five years ago.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
smilie_pokal.gif We are officially in!

I'm hoping to get some good photography and video of the event. Any chance attendees will have room for myself +1 during the drives on Thursday / Friday? Happy to cover fuel and/or beer expenses.

Excited to see everyone
ClayPerrine
We have @olympicblue73 coming up from ABQ to participate. Anyone going to have an open seat for him to ride????

Clay
RiqueMar
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 16 2021, 02:21 PM) *

We have @olympicblue73 coming up from ABQ to participate. Anyone going to have an open seat for him to ride????

Clay

@ClayPerrine - I'll be heading up from ABQ to Santa Fe around 6-6:30 if that helps. bye1.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jun 16 2021, 04:45 PM) *

Clay

@ClayPerrine - I'll be heading up from ABQ to Santa Fe around 6-6:30 if that helps. bye1.gif

He will need a seat for the tours.

Clay
RiqueMar
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 16 2021, 02:48 PM) *

Clay

Happy to be a backup, and fit anyone else for that matter.
914_teener
I.ll be in Gallup on Saturday to drive into Winslow I.ll have the Macan there as an open seat and possible tail vehicle.

I won.t make it to ABQ.
brant
I should have one open seat.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 8 2021, 12:16 PM) *

I'm IN for a little swag. PM me an address so I can ship next week.

Thanks @ValcoOscar pray.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif The big box FULL of 914 goodies has arrived.
914_teener
Click to view attachment
Tonyooc
Plans have changed again so I had to cancel my reservation. We still might try and meet up with everyone in Winslow but no way to tell yet. headbang.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Jun 17 2021, 08:28 AM) *

Plans have changed again so I had to cancel my reservation. We still might try and meet up with everyone in Winslow but no way to tell yet. headbang.gif

Hey Tony-

You two decided to stay in Fullerton? beerchug.gif

Oscar

VegasRacer
Click to view attachment
Tonyooc
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 17 2021, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Jun 17 2021, 08:28 AM) *

Hey Tony-

You two decided to stay in Fullerton? beerchug.gif

Oscar

No, were still leaving it just got pushed back a few days or a week.
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 17 2021, 09:29 AM) *

Tell me that is on one of our routes.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 17 2021, 04:59 PM) *

Tell me that is on one of our routes.

The Jemez Mountain Trail Drive will take us near the Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness.
To get much closer I suggest a horse or a helicopter.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 16 2021, 02:48 PM) *

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jun 16 2021, 04:45 PM) *

Clay

Clay

We will have a couple of seats available. We decided to bring the Cayenne because the 914 still in the shop and couldn’t get parts in time for the 911 for the maintenance items.
VegasRacer
Rio Grande.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.