Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *official* Route 66 Classic info. thread. 2021
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
914 Ranch
So I'm cleaning the mud off the GT4 and keep hearing some noise coming from across the parking lot. It's time for a break and I go over to investigate and find out that there is a bar 60' from where I have been working. I go in and check it out and they have 7 different kinds of tequila I have never heard of.
I'm going back for a second shot.
The girl looks great oh and so does the bartender.

Click to view attachment

MoveQik
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Jun 22 2021, 04:51 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 22 2021, 01:57 PM) *

Just a heads up, we currently have over two dozen wild fires burning here in AZ. Below is the best site I've found to track highway closures. So far, you guys should be unaffected but keep an eye out and travel safe!

AZ Highway Closures

Thanks Michael. That site may save me from taking a really long detour. Several of the closures effect routes I am considering.

True! I was thinking of the crew coming from NM....not really people heading up from Phx. Travel safe!
Elvira
Lunch in Gallup on Saturday will be a dine and dash affair. We hope to arrive after noon and be back on the road by 1:00.

Meet the caravan at the Route 66 Diner. It is near the cross street Boardman on Rt. 66, next to KFC.

Lunch will come from the collection of fast food chains, all in a row on this same block.
Olympicblue73
Good morning everyone. About an hour ago, I went to the El Rey Court and nobody was there other than the Cayman GT4. When is everyone arriving? I’m having lunch and then I’ll check back. Thank you!

Cian
worn
QUOTE(Olympicblue73 @ Jun 23 2021, 09:17 AM) *

Good morning everyone. About an hour ago, I went to the El Rey Court and nobody was there other than the Cayman GT4. When is everyone arriving? I’m having lunch and then I’ll check back. Thank you!

Cian

I just rolled in a bit hot and a bit sore, but here.
Click to view attachment
mgp4591
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 23 2021, 12:49 PM) *

Cian

Click to view attachment

Great looking car! And understandably sore... Weren't you in a yellow one in Flagstaff a few years ago?
914_teener
Nomination for the Iron Butt award!
Elvira
The Las Vegas caravan has arrived.

We will be heading out @5 o'clock to drive to dinner in Vegas, NM.
I will post our chosen food location when we get there and figure it out, for those who want to join us later. Sharon and Betty.
AZBanks
NARP passed emissions and is now registered. I have several things to finish up tonight but we will hit the road early tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow evening.
worn
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Jun 23 2021, 01:46 PM) *

NARP passed emissions and is now registered. I have several things to finish up tonight but we will hit the road early tomorrow morning.

Congratulations. I hate last minute snags.
worn
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jun 23 2021, 11:45 AM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Jun 23 2021, 12:49 PM) *

Cian

Great looking car! And understandably sore... Weren't you in a yellow one in Flagstaff a few years ago?

I brought a white and orange 76, made up to look like a creamsicle. On jack stands at present till the welding is done. Some repairs to longitudinal box sections needed.
worn
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 17 2021, 08:29 AM) *

If I could put time in a bottle...think about this forming grain by grain, through all the seasons. My geologist friend would then tell me it was a recent formation - less than a billion years for sure.
Preview shows John’s neat desert picture just fine with all of the layers. But not when it gets added.
AZBanks
QUOTE(worn @ Jun 23 2021, 04:14 PM) *

Yeah me too!!!!! Especially when it means I've got to pull an all-nighter dropping the engine, replacing the woodruff key that sheared off(because I did something stupid several months ago), fixing the clutch tube, and putting it all back together.

Time for a quick shower, a nap, and then we are hitting the road.

michael7810
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Jun 24 2021, 01:12 PM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Jun 23 2021, 04:14 PM) *

Yeah me too!!!!! Especially when it means I've got to pull an all-nighter dropping the engine, replacing the woodruff key that sheared off(because I did something stupid several months ago), fixing the clutch tube, and putting it all back together.

Time for a quick shower, a nap, and then we are hitting the road.

Best of luck. You are way braver than me.
AZBanks
We made it!!!

Click to view attachment

What time is everyone getting together Friday Morning? I'm guessing 9:14
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Jun 22 2021, 09:46 PM) *

So I'm cleaning the mud off the GT4 and keep hearing some noise coming from across the parking lot. It's time for a break and I go over to investigate and find out that there is a bar 60' from where I have been working. I go in and check it out and they have 7 different kinds of tequila I have never heard of.
I'm going back for a second shot.
The girl looks great oh and so does the bartender.

Click to view attachment

this is why we dont drink tequila, after a few shots they all look good- #coyoteugly blink.gif
76-914
beerchug.gif Here's to you JP. A lot of work went into this and I want to thank you, John, and all those involved. That was just you John, right? av-943.gif Actually JP does better w/o our input. And, JP always creates classy shirts/hats for the Rt66 Events. beerchug.gif
914-300Hemi
Made it home last night. 2,300 miles, 40 hours seat time in 6 days.
We had a wonderful time meeting old and new friends.
Thank you JP for putting it together and picking great hotels and tours.
76-914
Ditto here. 2400 miles of driving bliss with the "usual suspects" and a few new faces as well. John put together one Great Event, again. Home Sweet Home looks good too. beerchug.gif
AZBanks
Another note of thanks to John for putting together a great event. Nathan and I had an awesome time. We enjoyed meeting all of you and offer our warmest thanks to everyone who helped get NARP started and on the road.
VegasRacer
Thank you all so very much for making this a fantastic event.
I loved that people exercised the freedom to jump in / out as their schedules allowed.
We had 30 people and 20 cars. Half of the vehicles were 914's

Special thanks to @RiqueMar for the Awards and @ValcoOscar for the hats, shirts, bags and key fobs.

I haven't finished unpacking yet, but I am ready to do it again.
Next year we start at La Posada in Winslow.
Big Len
Checked the Pic uploader twice a day. Great job putting this together and looked to be a fantastic ride.
SharonG
Thanks @VegasRacer for a great event. It was excellent to see everyone! biggrin.gif drunk.gif
worn
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 28 2021, 02:35 PM) *

Thanks @VegasRacer for a great event. It was excellent to see everyone! biggrin.gif drunk.gif

You said it! Thanks John! This morning found me climbing to Monarch Pass over 11,000 feet very close to last night’s snow line. Covering some of the best driving in my life. Now I am in east central Nebraska. The car has been great to drive but after eight straight days I have had enough. Home should come tomorrow and then I probably won’t drive for a week!
Every single person i met during this event was kind and generous. How lucky I am. Thanks.
Warren
Front yard mechanic
Thanks for including us in the Taos run we enjoyed the group and the awesome 914s already thinking about next year
914_teener
Thanks John for organizing..it was nice meeting people after a year or so.

La Posada next year, I'm in.

Chaco Canyon?
burton73
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtEM-_UCRaU&t=23s

I want to thank John for this great trip and everyone that was there, you made it very special to me. I think that my buddie mark with his water-cooled Targa 4 AWD could keep up with Johns 3.0 914-6 in 115-degree heat. These where the most challenging twisty I have ever been on and the guys in the red Targa ( Me and Mark for the last 50 years) where raised on Mulholland for our jamming. Johns car was almost mounted by a Donkey as we saw the donkey sign. Incredible handling with these cars. Our car had no idea what we were going to experience and I am glade that Mark S had lots of hours with a teacher at Porsche experience in his car. I have video of the jamming but it is too big to get on here for me

Bob Burton on board as Bob B
Click to view attachment w00t.gif w00t.gif
914 Ranch
Took a picture of the Pacific Ocean today on the way to lunch in Hermosa Beach. Unless something exciting happens on the way home the next picture will be when I get home.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.