Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2023
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
StratPlayer
Unfortunately I have to bow out.. so sorry. sad.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 9 2023, 10:48 AM) *

Too bad, I was looking forward to some FI talk.
seanery
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 9 2023, 12:48 PM) *

Well that's a bummer!

I hope everything is ok. See ya next year.
mgp4591

Is the car still talking to you? How can we help down at the shop...it'd be good to have you there!
brant
Bummer Jim
Going to miss you
worn
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 9 2023, 09:48 AM) *

What?! Without you, the sun may not shine.
worn
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 9 2023, 07:10 PM) *

Leaving day after tomorrow. Taking I90 to around the Wyoming border and then angling south. Wheels are pretty aligned and for once the steering wheel is in the right position. Traveling with my wife for the first two days. Then she is heading to North Bend in her Subie. Today marks 47 years of married bliss. She will go with me to the hardware store and insist that I buy another tool.
NARP74
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 10 2023, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Sep 9 2023, 07:10 PM) *

Leaving day after tomorrow. Taking I90 to around the Wyoming border and then angling south. Wheels are pretty aligned and for once the steering wheel is in the right position. Traveling with my wife for the first two days. Then she is heading to North Bend in her Subie. Today marks 47 years of married bliss. She will go with me to the hardware store and insist that I buy another tool.

All major accomplishments. Congratulations!
RARE 6
Might do a drive-by on Saturday. Less than 100 miles on the -6 so far this year and the fall colors ought to be peeking through. Would come up through Craig and then down through Oak Creek, Wolcott and then I70 W home. Not certain but possible.
JamesM
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 9 2023, 08:48 AM) *

Uggg, thats a bummer!
StratPlayer

Ok new update, looks like I can make the rrc, I invited a friend to join me help pay for the room. They are charging me 249 a night. See you all on Thursday.
Friend can”t make it
worn
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 11 2023, 04:36 PM) *

Ok new update, looks like I can make the rrc, I invited a friend to join me help pay for the room. They are charging me 249 a night. See you all on Thursday.

To quote C. Montgomery-“Excellent “.
NARP74
The Motel must have figured out a different season to charge for!
StratPlayer
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Sep 11 2023, 06:39 PM) *

The Motel must have figured out a different season to charge for!

Not sure about that, I canceled my orginal room res. last week. They told me I missed the deadline for the discount, no problem invited friend help share some of the expense.
Glad that I’m going to make the RRC
Front yard mechanic
Glad you don’t have to sleep in the lawn chair
mxkinn01
Hi guys,
At the last minute it looks I will be able to attend the RRC this year. I'll be trailering up from Las Vegas and arriving late Thursday or very early Friday morning. I have never been to the Rabbit Ears, do you guys think there will be parking for a truck and trailer?
Thanks
Mike
worn
Left this morning and got as far as the great prairies of South Dakota. Navigating primarily with a garage sale altimeter from way back when. Also, i get on I90 in Madison and it pretty much goes west. Staying the night within the shadow of the world’s only Corn Palace. An arena decorated with dried pieces of corn. Along the route tomorrow we will pass (yes. pass) Wall as in Wall Drug. Most people eventually stop at least once. I have for each feature. There is also Mount Rushmore and the car collection in Murdo.
Don’t think that I am not a willing tourist. I plan on stopping at a distillery in Kadaoka.
Then on to Buffalo WY tomorrow. My wife will continue westward to North Bend. I will angle south to Steamboat and the Rabbit Ears.
StratPlayer
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 12 2023, 04:36 PM) *

Hi guys,
At the last minute it looks I will be able to attend the RRC this year. I'll be trailering up from Las Vegas and arriving late Thursday or very early Friday morning. I have never been to the Rabbit Ears, do you guys think there will be parking for a truck and trailer?
Thanks
Mike

I’m pretty sure you won’t have any issues with truck and trailer.
mxkinn01
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 12 2023, 05:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 12 2023, 04:36 PM) *

Hi guys,
Thanks
Mike

I’m pretty sure you won’t have any issues with truck and trailer.

Jim,
Good to hear. Worst case I can unhook and park side by side. Now, if I can only get Ernie and his son Mike to do over night security from the Sprinter so I still have a trailer when I wake up in the morning. biggrin.gif
TMM914
I left this morning at 5:00am……..hit a little rain and did about 1000 miles to Lincoln Nebraska.So 600 for tomorrow and should be there for dinner.Yes the 914 is following me on the trailer.Super stoked!
ThinAir
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 12 2023, 06:18 PM) *

Jim,
Good to hear. Worst case I can unhook and park side by side. Now, if I can only get Ernie and his son Mike to do over night security from the Sprinter so I still have a trailer when I wake up in the morning. biggrin.gif

I'm on it! Mike has a room.
worn
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 12 2023, 10:51 PM) *

Jim,

Clutch has fAiled. Looking for a trailer in SD. Going home if I can. Any one need a my room
Porschef
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 13 2023, 02:46 PM) *

Clutch has fAiled. Looking for a trailer in SD. Going home if I can. Any one need a my room

That sux Warren sad.gif
brant
QUOTE(Porschef @ Sep 13 2023, 01:07 PM) *

That sux Warren sad.gif

agree.gif
Gint

That sucks!

Supposed to be a little cool and rainy in the afternoon/evening on Thursday and Friday in Steamboat. Bring warm clothes...
mxkinn01
[/quote]
[/quote]
That totally sucks Warren. I've been busy this morning making sure my trailer and 914 are up for the trip. I wish I would have seen this earlier today, I just called and got a room at the Rabbit Ears this morning (I would have taken your room and saved you a few bucks).
Mike
burton73
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 13 2023, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 12 2023, 10:51 PM) *

Jim,

Clutch has fAiled. Looking for a trailer in SD. Going home if I can.

I just sent you a PM at 4.28 west coast time

Best bob B
StratPlayer
Worn what is your full name I’m trying to take over your but I need your name to do itAnyone know his full name?o
worn
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 13 2023, 04:32 PM) *

Worn what is your full name I’m trying to take over your but I need your name to do itAnyone know his full name?o

Tried to post a reply and sent messages. Parachute flares to follow
Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Rats
mgp4591
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 13 2023, 08:10 PM) *

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 13 2023, 04:32 PM) *

Tried to post a reply and sent messages. Parachute flares to follow
Click to view attachment

Damn, that sucks...glad at least you found a trailer and a truck, nevermind that U-Haul doesn't give you a discount for crappy circumstances. Have a safe trip back home...
BTW, Stratplayer is trying to get your full name so he can get your room.
brant
Update I’m sorry to make
I got a bad chest and sinus thing on Monday
I’ve been in bed for three days
Finally stopped the fever but still coughing a lot
3 negative Covid tests but not going to share this with anyone
So sorry to miss ss seeing friends but going to miss rrc
NARP74
Bummer about all the drama going on. I hope everyone is OK and healthy.

I lost all of my gauges on the way here, started 10 minutes from home. Pulled over and checked a few things, found a blown fuse. Left the parking lot and lost them again. Figured out it is when I use the turn signals. Not sure what is causing that. I am on fuse 4 now and 1 more spare. I accidently hit the turn signal out of habit again and blew fuse three.

Time to research what causes this issue. Everything is fine so far after that.
76-914
popcorn[1].gif
brant
I’ll send up some white fuses
NARP74
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 14 2023, 08:03 AM) *

I’ll send up some white fuses

THANK YOU!
NARP74
The car gods are messing with me. The other very minor issue I had on the drive was that the hardware for my air intake vibrated loose and went into the abyss. No problem, it was mostly stable. Went to Ace hdw this am and bought what I needed this time, lock washers too, I forgot them last time. I was going back to the motel to do the repairs, I am at the light in a turn lane, and the car dies. It will start, run for a sec and die. Had a truck right on my 6. I kept rolling closer to it. Light turned green, I waved him around and gravity and the hill I was on propelled me backwards into an empty parking lot. Pop the engine lid and the air intake system, including the MAF had fully disconnected. I hoped that was all it was. My first thought was something worse. I got it all hooked back up with the new hardware I had and it started and ran. Kind of choppy at first but it settled down.

Oh, and I left my phone in the motel room. Nothing like feeling stranded. Still not as bad as some ther are going through. I hope the worst is over for all.
SharonG
Dinner tonight ONeil’s Tavern and Grill 6:30pm, 41 8th St, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
ThinAir
Is the photo uploaded active?
worn
Made it home from central SD. The people in South Dakota are really grand. Went into a: wait for it. A dive shop, pawn shop, U haul dealer, weed dispensary, with a real friendly guy who hooked me up with a truck and a dolly, and away I went. From the Capital of South Dakota. Damn! Sorry Andy about the cuss word.
Am actually home now. Put chocks under the back wheels and dragged the dolly forward. Then started the car already in first gear and rode with it into the garage.
I have a photo, but here is the gist. A bottle of Glenfiddich meant to be poured out with all y’all in the parking lot. The tragedy, no wait; I am consoling myself.
I was really looking forward to seeing you folks again. Get well soon Brant.
I am thinking either a throw out bearing buried in the pressure plate springs or a failed clutch fork. But hey, I built this, so the field is Wide Open.
seanery
I just checked in, what's the schedule for tomorrow?
SharonG
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 14 2023, 06:46 PM) *

Is the photo uploaded active?
I don’t think so. @gint has to troubleshoot when we’re not driving.
SharonG
Ferg-mobile and a bit of weather.
SharonG
@gint wub.gif
SharonG
@ferg and Erik our fearless drive leads!
SharonG
Larry and Gloria, Ernie and Mike DeVries
SharonG
Store at Historic Columbine
brant
awesome pictures.
thanks for sharing
b
Lucky9146
Great to see pictures! Keep'm coming!! Thank You SharonG

Couldn't make it this year unfortunately.

Last picture posted at the Store in Historic Columbine only showed 9 914's hope more made it. Can't wait to see more pics of all the cars.
driving.gif white914.jpg
Front yard mechanic
Click to view attachment columbine country
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.