Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2023
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
slapshot
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great time.
Beach914
Great Pictures! Thx for Sharing. Makes me miss Colorado Springs. I lived there for 7 years 1997-2004
MikeK
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Sep 15 2023, 12:50 PM) *

Great Pictures! Thx for Sharing. Makes me miss Colorado Springs. I lived there for 7 years 1997-2004

You'd hardly recognize it now.
Front yard mechanic
Lot lizardsClick to view attachment
sixnotfour
Great Photos ..Great memories...
michael7810
Damn I miss this
rick 918-S
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 14 2023, 08:10 PM) *

Made it home from central SD. The people in South Dakota are really grand. Went into a: wait for it. A dive shop, pawn shop, U haul dealer, weed dispensary, with a real friendly guy who hooked me up with a truck and a dolly, and away I went. From the Capital of South Dakota. Damn! Sorry Andy about the cuss word.
Am actually home now. Put chocks under the back wheels and dragged the dolly forward. Then started the car already in first gear and rode with it into the garage.
I have a photo, but here is the gist. A bottle of Glenfiddich meant to be poured out with all y’all in the parking lot. The tragedy, no wait; I am consoling myself.
I was really looking forward to seeing you folks again. Get well soon Brant.
I am thinking either a throw out bearing buried in the pressure plate springs or a failed clutch fork. But hey, I built this, so the field is Wide Open.

My Money is on the cable. Maybe I can join you next year. This event is always one of my favs.
mxkinn01
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mxkinn01
Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Threw my fan belt at 9500’ was able to walk it back on! But the third time it was a rag so I’m nursing it back to camp stromberg.gif
mxkinn01
Click to view attachment
ThinAir
All lined up after the last run. 1 car was already on the trailer.Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
Are you satisfy with your present supplier?

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Re: do you want weigh bridge?

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Re: truck scale/platform scale on a best price

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Ferg-mobile and juuuust a bit of weather. -SharonG

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
=?utf-8?Q?Gint_=F0=9F=92=95_-SharonG_?=

Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
Click to view attachment
Gint
914 email image uploader is working now.
worn
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 16 2023, 03:00 PM) *

914 email image uploader is working now.

All y’all look really grand. Tranny is out, tunnel has been examined, clutch tube is solid. Leaning towards a throw out bearing mismatch, but wish That gun had more smoke. Don’t matter cause I am completely jealous of you folks.
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 16 2023, 05:19 AM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Sep 14 2023, 08:10 PM) *

Made it home from central SD. The people in South Dakota are really grand. Went into a: wait for it. A dive shop, pawn shop, U haul dealer, weed dispensary, with a real friendly guy who hooked me up with a truck and a dolly, and away I went. From the Capital of South Dakota. Damn! Sorry Andy about the cuss word.
Am actually home now. Put chocks under the back wheels and dragged the dolly forward. Then started the car already in first gear and rode with it into the garage.
I have a photo, but here is the gist. A bottle of Glenfiddich meant to be poured out with all y’all in the parking lot. The tragedy, no wait; I am consoling myself.
I was really looking forward to seeing you folks again. Get well soon Brant.
I am thinking either a throw out bearing buried in the pressure plate springs or a failed clutch fork. But hey, I built this, so the field is Wide Open.

My Money is on the cable. Maybe I can join you next year. This event is always one of my favs.

Will that fail progressively with continued tightening?
Live Event Uploader
Beautiful scenery-SharonG

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Stop today at Rand, CO -SharonG

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Ferg, Erik, and James -SharonG

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Pit stop in Yampa, CO -SharonG

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Not RRC related, our new puppy Sadie. Heeler, Rottweiler, and a little of a lot of other breeds. :-) -SharonG

IPB Image

brant
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 16 2023, 06:03 PM) *

Not RRC related, our new puppy Sadie. Heeler, Rottweiler, and a little of a lot of other breeds. :-) -SharonG

IPB Image

So cute
Miss you guys
sixnotfour
Our new guy ... rescue ..Charlie.. Last year Red Rocks.. about 4 yrs old..
Live Event Uploader
Mid engine

Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
Day 1 lunch option

Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
Day 2 lunch

Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
Rest stop day 2

Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
Rest stop day 2 store

Click to view attachment
RonD
While some of us were a bit white knuckled on the drives, Molly found them very relaxing.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
brant
Awesome Ron
StratPlayer
Two lane country road, no shoulders, pot holes, everyone was doing 90 mph plus. It was insane, this went on for miles
seanery
This was my favorite food stop of the trip, she killed that loaded mac and cheese and the spicy sauce was a-freakin-mazing!

QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Sep 17 2023, 01:18 AM) *

Day 1 lunch option

Click to view attachment
seanery
Big shout out to Jimmy B! Thanks for letting me be your passenger, and even handing over the keys for day 2! I owe ya! =D
Front yard mechanic
Ride home

Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
The best I almost ever hadClick to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Low downClick to view attachment
ThinAir
What an amazing event! Thanks to everyone for a great time. Some of the best drives that I've ever been on.
NARP74
What a blast! All smiles all the time.
Big thanks to the organizers and helpers.

For the ones that are getting the pics to load correctly, how are you doing it? I have more...
NARP74
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 17 2023, 04:41 PM) *

Two lane country road, no shoulders, pot holes, everyone was doing 90 mph plus. It was insane, this went on for miles

What he said!
VegasRacer

. . .everyone was doing 90 mph plus.

Must be a typo. shades.gif I'm sure you ment 90 kilometers per hour.
NARP74
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 18 2023, 10:04 AM) *

Must be a typo. shades.gif I'm sure you meant 90 kilometers per hour.

One guy had kph on his dash...
mxkinn01

Yes! Thanks to all the organizers. Great drives, great country views, great friends (old and new) and of course parking lot shenanigans, maybe I can remember to bring a church key LOL.
And yes John, even my tiny 1.7 hit over 90 mph a time or five.
mxkinn01
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 18 2023, 11:23 AM) *

Yes! Thanks to all the organizers. Great drives, great country views, great friends (old and new) and of course parking lot shenanigans, maybe I can remember to bring a church key LOL.
And yes John, even my tiny 1.7 hit over 90 mph a time or five.

Down hill of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.