Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2023
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Gint
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 23 2023, 11:50 AM) *
QUOTE(SharonG @ Apr 23 2023, 12:24 PM) *
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 23 2023, 09:54 AM) *

I'm in! When can I register? Booking hotel today!

You just registered! @brant will add you to the attendee list. drunk.gif

And now it's even doubly official, the room is booked.

I'm coming straight off of a tour, not sure if I'll be on a motorbike again (the one I bought last year) or in a car, but I'll be there!

Woohooo!!!! 2 years in a row!

blink.gif I might even remember what you look like this year.

@Brant - How's that?
seanery
QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 23 2023, 02:02 PM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 23 2023, 11:50 AM) *
QUOTE(SharonG @ Apr 23 2023, 12:24 PM) *
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 23 2023, 09:54 AM) *

I'm in! When can I register? Booking hotel today!

You just registered! @brant will add you to the attendee list. drunk.gif

And now it's even doubly official, the room is booked.

I'm coming straight off of a tour, not sure if I'll be on a motorbike again (the one I bought last year) or in a car, but I'll be there!

Woohooo!!!! 2 years in a row!

blink.gif I might even remember what you look like this year.

@Brant - How's that?

Dude, it's been years, I forget what everyone looks like! I'm sure I'll meet people for the first time this year that I met last year! LOL
Gint
LOL! Wait another 10 years!
brant
Bump

SharonG
icon_bump.gif drunk.gif
seanery
So, my Weezer tour ends in time for me to make it! Whew, I was worried when my team got swapped from Sam Hunt to Weezer.

I'm considering taking the very long way to see Mount Rushmore on the way to RRC.

Do you all think the weather would be appropriate that time of year? On the R1200RT? In the TT?
rick 918-S
Damnit! I can't make this one!
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 9 2023, 03:51 PM) *

So, my Weezer tour ends in time for me to make it! Whew, I was worried when my team got swapped from Sam Hunt to Weezer.

I'm considering taking the very long way to see Mount Rushmore on the way to RRC.

Do you all think the weather would be appropriate that time of year? On the R1200RT? In the TT?

Seanery,
I am in Rapid City.. The weather is great here.. Just be careful for the afternoon Thunder Storms..
Alan/914
brant
If anyone has not yet reserved their hotel room at Rabbit Ears Motel.....

our room block ends in about a week

hotels in general fill up in this town
so best to get your reservation in before they might be gone!!!!

can't wait to see people.

a T-shirt order thread is coming out very soon
and Ron D. really designed a GREAT shirt this year.
your going to like them.

brant
Gint
Ron has the tshirt order ready to go! Information added to the first post in the thread.

For T-shirt orders this year, please go directly to Custom Ink Red Rocks Steamboat Springs 2023 Group Order Form - Sign Up Today! select your size and style (male or female) and pay online. Shirts will be delivered to me directly and I will hand out at the event. This will save on shipping charges.

Click to view attachment
Sleepin
Not too far, and a beautiful place to visit! We may drive up for this one!
brant
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 21 2023, 03:20 PM) *

Who are you again???
Man I would love be to see you It’s been way too long
Sleepin
QUOTE(brant @ Jun 21 2023, 09:18 PM) *

Who are you again???

Same here! My tree says hello Brnat!
brant
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 24 2023, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Jun 21 2023, 09:18 PM) *

Who are you again???

Same here! My tree says hello Brnat!

Love that tree

Front yard mechanic
Hello just booked my room my pos in tow!
worn
A place this good on 9/14 is too great to pass up. I just phoned in my reservation. I am painting to '76, so it looks like I need to start cleaning the red car and making sure the motor mount nuts are tight.
Warren Heideman

QUOTE(brant @ Dec 12 2022, 10:21 AM) *

something for motivation:

majkos1
Stella and I just reserved a room!

Click to view attachment

Gonna be great to see the gang! aktion035.gif
StratPlayer
Having fun at the RRC
NARP74
That looks like shenanigans!
brant
Classic shenanigans.
Slits was pissed but not as much as the manager!
SharonG

cheer.gif drunk.gif
mgp4591
driving.gif bump driving.gif
RonD
Deadline for Red Rocks T-shirt order is August 18. Click here to get your orders in soon.
https://www.customink.com/g/dsa0-00cr-vp8c

We also have Women's T-shirts available.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ThinAir
Shirts ordered for Mike & I
StratPlayer
Booked beerchug.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif
Joe Bob
I will see if room is still available.... if a 911 is a allowed.
brant
Absolutely
RonD
Just a reminder that deadline for Red Rocks T-shirt order is August 18. Click here to get your orders in soon.
https://www.customink.com/g/dsa0-00cr-vp8c

Also added a light grey option.
Click to view attachment
worn
Just ordered some shirts. I have put about 10k miles on the red 3.2, going to events. Early on I had trouble with oil tank overflow. While a wonderful preservative, it makes for accumulation of dirt. Spraying engine degreaser followed by detergent. After a couple of days I think it is getting closer to clean.
Then change the oil and fix gremlins from last summer. Arrive at Steamboat and head home for winter. I am psyched.
brant
Great.
Can’t wait to see you again

Also let us know how it’s going on the way
And if you need anything
worn
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 15 2022, 04:32 PM) *

Fun Fact...1978 , I bought MYSIX, from Steamboat Springs , Co....Still Have it.. a Bit bent. Bought in Belligham Wa. At the College , He was visiting friends Before heading to South America to be Blast Captian at a Diamond Mine.. great story ?

I went to Western for a year before transferring to UW. Lived at Fairhaven. RA kept swine in the back, fed from dorm excess.
mgp4591
QUOTE(worn @ Aug 7 2023, 05:42 PM) *

Just ordered some shirts. I have put about 10k miles on the red 3.2, going to events. Early on I had trouble with oil tank overflow. While a wonderful preservative, it makes for accumulation of dirt. Spraying engine degreaser followed by detergent. After a couple of days I think it is getting closer to clean.
Then change the oil and fix gremlins from last summer. Arrive at Steamboat and head home for winter. I am psyched.

It'll be good to see you in Big Red again...she was running great last time!
worn
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 7 2023, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE(worn @ Aug 7 2023, 05:42 PM) *

It'll be good to see you in Big Red again...she was running great last time!

Last year was a lot of fun. Lost a plug that sealed the oil in the cam tower. A cloud of smoke from the headers tipped me off. Then on the way home the nuts fell off of the motor mount. Trouble shifting is always worth a follow up, even if Nebraska is halfway home.
I learned something from Brant. Pack the front trunk full of jack stands and tools. Your clothes can go on the passenger seat. Replacement early model road jack arrived today to replace the old one that failed last year. “Colorado Rockies remind me of my home…”
RonD
Tomorrow is last day to order T-shirts. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hoping we can make a short side trip to Fish Creek Falls.
Click to view attachment
burton73
Mark Sonner’s and I (Bob Burton) are not able to attend. I just called and cancelled the room. So, if anybody is still looking for a room, call and you can get it at the good rate. Catch you guys later, have a great time

Best Bob B

bye1.gif
worn
The falls are so great! I have spent a couple solid days cleaning the engine bay. Degreaser followed by degreaser. Rinse and repeat. Near as I can tell, the grime is slowly moving downhill. From the amount that landed on me, I must be making progress. Also, I made my own engine tin, but didn't get it all installed because it didn't fit. Fixing that.
Seattle's heat wave arrives here tomorrow. Around here that must mean winter is around the corner.
seanery
Bummer, I missed the shirt cutoff. Any chance an extra XL would be floating around and available at the gig?
worn
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 26 2023, 10:11 AM) *

Bummer, I missed the shirt cutoff. Any chance an extra XL would be floating around and available at the gig?

I hope so. Today was spent reworking engine tin to link the 3.2 to the 1972. Reshaping meant rehammering meant repainting. Decided to tryout a yellow epoxy primer from PPG and Boeing surplus. Waterborne and really sticky. Got it on eBay from someone who cruises the Boeing surplus lots.
NARP74
Ditto for the shirt! I procrastinate.
mgp4591
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 27 2023, 05:12 PM) *

Ditto for the shirt! I procrastinate.

I got my order in on time but every time I'd try to close it out, the site would freeze...don't know if I'm getting mine or not.
RonD
Sorry I missed this about T-shirt orders. I do have a couple of extras if anybody is interested. In blue I have an XL and a Large, in light grey I have 2 Larges.
Mike Phillips gets first dips since web site froze on him when he tried to order.
NARP74
I'll take a blue large if available. Or a grey large as a 2nd choice if available.
RonD
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Sep 6 2023, 06:08 AM) *

I'll take a blue large if available. Or a grey large as a 2nd choice if available.

We should be able to make that work. Thanks
NARP74
QUOTE(RonD @ Sep 6 2023, 02:23 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Sep 6 2023, 06:08 AM) *

We should be able to make that work. Thanks

Sweet, thanks!
worn
I am still fixing things, but plan on getting started on Tuesday. Computer says I don’t need to leave that early, but it will give me shorter days behind the wheel. As far as I can tell, I go pretty straight until I reach Colorado. Then it gets more complicated. I had a friend who worked at the Grand Canyon. People would ask him how to get to the bridge across. Apparently mountains alter the road planning.
mgp4591
QUOTE(RonD @ Sep 6 2023, 07:11 AM) *

Sorry I missed this about T-shirt orders. I do have a couple of extras if anybody is interested. In blue I have an XL and a Large, in light grey I have 2 Larges.
Mike Phillips gets first dips since web site froze on him when he tried to order.

Ron, if you still have the blue XL, I'll take it. Thanks!
NARP74
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 6 2023, 04:50 PM) *

I am still fixing things, but plan on getting started on Tuesday. Computer says I don’t need to leave that early, but it will give me shorter days behind the wheel. As far as I can tell, I go pretty straight until I reach Colorado. Then it gets more complicated. I had a friend who worked at the Grand Canyon. People would ask him how to get to the bridge across. Apparently mountains alter the road planning.

Tons of big trucks on 80, be careful.
RonD

Ron, if you still have the blue XL, I'll take it. Thanks!
[/quote]
Ok it’s yours!
brant
Caravan... To RRC
I think we are going to meet at my house a little before 11
and we will head up towards steamboat at 11 and take the scenic route
if anyone wants to join the colorado Caravan it will be from just outside of longmont at 11

PM me if you need an address.
I'm leaving town at noon... but can reply in the evenings over the weekend.
brant
seanery
Brant,
I'll join your caravan. I'm overnighting in Platte, about 4 hours away, so 11am should be plenty doable. I'll need your addy.

-sean

QUOTE(brant @ Sep 8 2023, 10:55 AM) *

Caravan... To RRC
I think we are going to meet at my house a little before 11
and we will head up towards steamboat at 11 and take the scenic route
if anyone wants to join the colorado Caravan it will be from just outside of longmont at 11

PM me if you need an address.
I'm leaving town at noon... but can reply in the evenings over the weekend.
brant

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.