Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2023
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
brant
9/14 caravan to Steam boat
we are leaving from my house (longmont)
at 11am to drive up the scenic route

pm me if you need an address
try to come a little before 11 so we can leave on time.
brant

I'm happy to start this thread...

thanks to Sharon Ginter !!!! aktion035.gif
we have a plan for this years RRC event.
sure hope to see all of my friends again!

going to be back to basics this year...
lots of parking lot time, and a great location.
our hotel is Rabbit Ears in Steamboat, right on the river. next to a park. and walking distance to historic down town

Plus new roads for all of us to play on and there are some good ones too!

Shirt details below!

We have a block of rooms reserved... and with a bit of a discount on our reservations.
you have to tell them you are with the Red Rocks Classic to get the discount.
I asked the owner to try and put us together somewhat at the hotel

(please be on good behavior in the parking lot... I will police trash and recycle and promised to keep us in good standing with the management) Its a valid concern for management as they are very busy in the fall. I promised that we would all be responsible adults... so there may not be campfire Shenanigans this year... but there can still be General Shenanigans!

We have arrival on thursday...
driving on friday and saturday
and working out some food options soon.

There are 3 room options to choose from.
please note, they told me a 7 day cancellation policy
so pay attention to the dates if you end up changing plans.

our Block of rooms is until June.
this is a busy time of year in Steamboat, and after they release the rooms they could fill up... so time to make your plans!

the local direct number is (970)879-1150

or the 1-800 number below works too:

Many thanks for your interest in beautiful Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Rabbit Ears Motel is conveniently located 2.5 miles from the ski area in downtown Steamboat Springs. We are directly across the street from the Old Town Hot Springs swimming pools and natural hot springs. We offer our guests discounted admission passes to the Old Town Hot Springs and we are in walking distance to many local shops and restaurants. The city provides free bus service to and from the ski area every half hour from our front door.

All of our rooms are equipped with hair dryers, small refrigerator, microwave, coffee makers, Flat Screen TVs, phone with voice mail and data ports, and access to free wireless internet. Deluxe units also include irons, ironing boards, and private balconies. A full free continental breakfast is included for all guests. Here is the Rate Proposal based on a 3 night stay. Early departure will result in rate increase.

Name: Brant McClung

Arrival Date: September 14 2023

Departure Date: September 17 2023

Standard Room with 1 queen or 2 double beds @ $139.00 + tax per night
Deluxe Room with 1 king or 2 queen size beds, with a balcony @ $189.00 + tax per night
Deluxe Room with 1 king or 2 queen size beds, with a balcony and a river view @ $189.00 + tax per night
Cancellation Policy:

Reservations must be cancelled by 3:00 pm, 7 days (SEVEN DAYS) in advance of the arrival date. No-Show reservations and reservations past the cancellation policy will be charged the first nightly rate and tax.

Email us at info@rabbitearsmotel.com for more information or give us a call.
800-828-7702

the 914 WORLD, room block at this hotel is about to expire.
grab one before they are gone!

For T-shirt orders this year, please go directly to Custom Ink Red Rocks Steamboat Springs 2023 Group Order Form - Sign Up Today! select your size and style (male or female) and pay online. Shirts will be delivered to me directly and I will hand out at the event. This will save on shipping charges.

Click to view attachment
brant
Attendee's

Sharon and Mike Ginter
Eric and I hope Diane Shea
Brant and Laura
Tom
Kevin O'shea
Jim Hoyland
Mark (914Rubber)
Chad
Ian
Stratplayer
Keith Taylor
Bob Burton
AKfish.- Dominic Zimmer
TMM914
James M
Mike - MGP4591
Warren
300 hemi and michelle
Ryan from Denver
Ernie DeVries
Jeff and Michele Green
Mike 914 2.0 from Pheonix
Seanery
Steve D.

your name goes here......
NARP74
I'm in! Looking forward to it
brant
something for motivation:

jim_hoyland
I’m in for sure ! Reservation made; gonna arrive a day early to do some sightseeing/shopping
NARP74
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 12 2022, 12:12 PM) *

I’m in for sure ! Reservation made; gonna arrive a day early to do some sightseeing/shopping

That river will not hold that paddle wheel!
shredtherad
I am in!!!! Love me some steamboat, such a great town.
KELTY360
idea.gif

Going to have to consider this. My first 914 roadtrip in my brand new '73 1.7 took me from SoCal through Steamboat Springs on the way to Breckenridge. Off the showroom floor I drove enough miles for the break-in oil change (600 mi.) and then we were off! Learned first hand about the vapor lock problem on that trip.

It's a long drive from Pt. Townsend, but who knows?
iankarr
In
brant
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 12 2022, 08:40 PM) *

idea.gif

Going to have to consider this. My first 914 roadtrip in my brand new '73 1.7 took me from SoCal through Steamboat Springs on the way to Breckenridge. Off the showroom floor I drove enough miles for the break-in oil change (600 mi.) and then we were off! Learned first hand about the vapor lock problem on that trip.

It's a long drive from Pt. Townsend, but who knows?

Marc,
we would love to have you!
brant
Ian,
great!

long distance for sure
StratPlayer
In. Had my crew in steamboat in 1985, working just outside of yampa. Worse job I ever encounter doing seismic work, no place to land a chopper near the drills, place was full of dead fall, slippery when wet with pungie sticks lining the fallen trees. Glad to get outta yampa.
VegasRacer
With Rennsport and Formula 1 already on my Fall Fun Calendar, I am not sure I will be able to include Red Rock this year.
TMM914
Ok reservations made……had such a great time last year we had to do it again.
Todd and Lorrie Martin
burton73
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 12 2022, 09:58 AM) *

Attendee's

Sharon and Mike Ginter
Eric and I hope Diane Shea
Brant and Laura
Tom
Kevin O'shea
Jim Hoyland
Mark (914Rubber)
Chad
Ian
Stratplayer
Mark Sonners
Bob Burton

your name goes here......

burton73
In and room reserved

see you all in a few months

Bob B
Smkt342
I’m in! Keith Taylor
AKFish
Yes please.
brant
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 13 2022, 11:44 AM) *

With Rennsport and Formula 1 already on my Fall Fun Calendar, I am not sure I will be able to include Red Rock this year.

I completely understand...
but will absolutely miss you being there!

brant
brant
QUOTE(TMM914 @ Dec 13 2022, 12:33 PM) *

Ok reservations made……had such a great time last year we had to do it again.

awesome...
I apologize that I met you in SLC
but don't remember your name...
mind sharing it so I can add it to the list and hopefully even remember it when we meet again?

thanks
brant
brant
QUOTE(AKFish @ Dec 13 2022, 09:42 PM) *

Yes please.

AKfish...
mind sharing your name for the list...
I'm terrible with names and struggle even more with avatar names

brant
JamesM
Pending any unforeseen circumstances, im in.
brant
QUOTE(JamesM @ Dec 14 2022, 12:41 PM) *

Pending any unforeseen circumstances, im in.

excellent!!
AKFish
QUOTE(brant @ Dec 14 2022, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(AKFish @ Dec 13 2022, 09:42 PM) *

Yes please.

AKfish...
mind sharing your name for the list...
I'm terrible with names and struggle even more with avatar names

brant

Dominic Zimmer
brant
Thanks Dominic
Looking forward to meeting you!
mgp4591
I'm in...this is a beautiful spot! I've only ridden through for a night so I don't know the roads but I've got a general idea of some great areas. This picture is right above one of the best restaurants in town, right on the river...somewhat pricey but excellent. Thanks for putting this together!
sixnotfour
Fun Fact...1978 , I bought MYSIX, from Steamboat Springs , Co....Still Have it.. a Bit bent. Bought in Belligham Wa. At the College , He was visiting friends Before heading to South America to be Blast Captian at a Diamond Mine.. great story ?
brant
Great Story!!
rick 918-S
idea.gif assimilate.gif
worn
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Dec 12 2022, 10:14 AM) *

Oh. My. Well, yes. Count me in.
brant
bump...

reminder to get your room reserved at the rabbit ears...
its a great location, a small park, access to the river walk and hopefully we will take over one side of it with 914's

914-300Hemi
Michelle and are in. Hotel has been booked.
mgp4591
QUOTE(worn @ Jan 1 2023, 05:52 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Dec 12 2022, 10:14 AM) *

Oh. My. Well, yes. Count me in.

A couple of RRCs in a row...it'll be great to see you again!
Porschef
@BigLen smile.gif
brant
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jan 14 2023, 02:39 PM) *

Michelle and are in. Hotel has been booked.

Excellent
Very much looking forward to seeing you both!

brant
Bump....

I've seen a proof of the T-shirt.....
very nice...

time to put this on your calendars and start fixing your cars!
MoveQik
914 events did not align this year. No R66. No WCR. No RRC sad.gif
brant
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Feb 22 2023, 01:40 PM) *

914 events did not align this year. No R66. No WCR. No RRC sad.gif

big bummer... you will be very missed.
brant
jim_hoyland
I'm looking at flying from Orange County. So far the trip goes first to Denver, then change planes for the trip to Yampa Valley Airport.

Any alternatives I'm overlooking ?
JamesM
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 22 2023, 12:27 PM) *

I'm looking at flying from Orange County. So far the trip goes first to Denver, then change planes for the trip to Yampa Valley Airport.

Any alternatives I'm overlooking ?

Driving?
poke.gif

targa72e
I second driving, but from Denver. 4-5 hours from DIA to Steamboat depending on path you choose to get there. Rent a fun car and drive from Denver. By the time you have a layover at DIA + flight you could be there driving and have enjoyed some nice scenery . There are multiple ways to get there and on a week day none will have too much traffic (accept in Denver). Lots of places to stop and enjoy on the way. Might consider driving thru Rocky Mtn National park instead of I-70 and enjoy wonderful views. Might even find 914worlder's to caravan with.

john
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(targa72e @ Mar 22 2023, 09:25 PM) *

I second driving, but from Denver. 4-5 hours from DIA to Steamboat depending on path you choose to get there. Rent a fun car and drive from Denver. By the time you have a layover at DIA + flight you could be there driving and have enjoyed some nice scenery . There are multiple ways to get there and on a week day none will have too much traffic (accept in Denver). Lots of places to stop and enjoy on the way. Might consider driving thru Rocky Mtn National park instead of I-70 and enjoy wonderful views. Might even find 914worlder's to caravan with.

john

Thank you; great suggestion !
rymajo
Barring any serious complications or scheduling conflicts, I'll plan to see you all in Steamboat.

Would be happy to make the drive up with any other folks doing so from around Denver.

- Ryan
brant
Added your name to the attendance on page one
ThinAir
I'm in. Will be towing behind my home-on-wheels and probably pass on the hotel if I can get away with it, but I will be there for sure!
Mike9142.0
I'm in. And if all go's to plan I'll be there in my 914.
StratPlayer
This thread needs to be colored
seanery
I'm in! When can I register? Booking hotel today!
SharonG
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 23 2023, 09:54 AM) *

You just registered! @brant will add you to the attendee list. drunk.gif
seanery
QUOTE(SharonG @ Apr 23 2023, 12:24 PM) *

QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 23 2023, 09:54 AM) *

You just registered! @brant will add you to the attendee list. drunk.gif

And now it's even doubly official, the room is booked.

I'm coming straight off of a tour, not sure if I'll be on a motorbike again (the one I bought last year) or in a car, but I'll be there!

Woohooo!!!! 2 years in a row!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.