Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Compartment Blower Hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
NARP74
I borrowed this pic from @skota23 in another topic. Does anyone know where to buy the hoses like this? I have seen and tried others but they have issues and I wanted to try these.

Click to view attachment
brant
watching this thread... I need one too.
emerygt350
914rubber I believe. I bought some last year. Excellent stuff. Way more than I needed.
NARP74
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Feb 21 2023, 10:27 AM) *

914rubber I believe. I bought some last year. Excellent stuff. Way more than I needed.

Tried that it was very flexible and moved around a lot, especially the long side. I have heard that the longer hose can get sucked in to the engine cooling fan if it is not supported somehow in the middle.
914werke
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 21 2023, 09:31 AM) *
I have heard that the longer hose can get sucked in to the engine cooling fan if it is not supported somehow in the middle.
Correct there is an actual OE clamp that doesn't show up on the 914 PET but mounts to the center top of the impeller shroud to prevent
GregAmy
I tie-wrapped mine to a small bracket inserted under a fastending bolt at the top of the fan housing. Plus I run one of those bus Type 4 screens in front of the fan. I'm running the 914 rubber hoses.

"If you've tried others" and didn't like them, you might wanna let us know, otherwise we could be rcommending teh same ones... wink.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Feb 21 2023, 12:07 PM) *

I tie-wrapped mine to a small bracket inserted under a fastening bolt at the top of the fan housing. Plus I run one of those bus Type 4 screens in front of the fan. I'm running the 914 rubber hoses.

"If you've tried others" and didn't like them, you might wanna let us know, otherwise we could be recommending the same ones... wink.gif

As stated in the 1st post, I am looking for these specifically. I have tried the 914rubber ones and found them too floppy for me and I did not like the crushing that happens when you attach the clamp to either end of the connection. Others sell the same ones. These appear to be a harder plastic with formed ends for the clamps.
930cabman
NAPA has it, found it there last year, fit perfect. If I recall it's called "defroster hose"
914werke
If found no one presently selling hoses that are true to the OE design ....for a long while.
How Ive remedied the "floppiness" of the long hose particularly, is to insert a paper/foil hose of slightly smaller dimension inside the hose.
It also solves the problem of perforated 50 yr old OE hose. smile.gif
wonkipop
ok

i've dealt with this problem.
30 years ago, much to my horror, the guys who performed all the rhd conversion engineering and approval work on my car split my original short lhs heater blower hose in half to extend the system across so it used the rhs side. this was because certifying engineer would only accept the defrosting bias if it was switched.

i reinstated the original set up as soon as i had the car registered and on the road.
but i was left with a beautiful original hose that had been in perfect condition that had been cut in half.

i went to a mercedes parts guy back then in perth and was able to find an almost identical heater hose that he supplied. it was 65mm in diameter. i sleeved it over the two ends of my original heater hose and let the ripples in both hoses contact with each other for a binding fit. at least that was the theory. but it proved a little too loose and would always work its way loose.

so more recently i tracked down some Eberspacher ducting. used for caravan/camper van heating and a/c systems. its 60mm diam. i cut a length of this and sleeved it very tightly over the existing two ends of original hose. this let me use the end sections with the original clamps for a good fit to the blower and the engine tin. its been a good binding fit to the original hose halfs and has not worked its way loose.
this hose is fantastic. almost indistinguisable from original. it bends to shape but retains shape it is bent to. its perfect. i am sure you can fit it directly to blower fan and engine tin without fussing the simulation of the factory part like i did.

eventually i notice most original factory heater blower hoses bite the dust and develop splits anyway by this point in time.

https://www.caravanrvcamping.com.au/airtron...60mm-outlet-kit

Click to view attachment

airtronic ducting i now have on left. 60mm diam.
mercedes benz ducting i had used on right. 65mm diam.

Click to view attachment

how it looks in engine bay.
nice semi rigid ducting that holds to the shape you bend it to.

Click to view attachment

as to the extended heater hose that you see on some 74 and 75 cars and the duct splitter that lets you do the two hoses, the reason its not in the PET is i believe it was not offered by the factory for the 914s. i think dealers worked out they could use the twin hose set up that was on VW 411/412 variant/squarebacks. that particular type 4 sedan had a fan that was squeezed over in the space on the left hand side of engine bay. it used the same fan as used on the later 914s with the extra attachment to do the duct split and the long hose to get across the engine as well as the short hose. also had the clip to hold the hose over the fan casting. you can find all the bits in the type 411/412 parts catalogue with the part numbers. go to VW classic website germany. but can you still buy the parts? i don't think so. you might find them in a wrecking yard on an old VW 411/412.
it will be on the squarebacks only. the sedans had the other type of fan that was on earlier 914s with the two outlets either side.
wonkipop
here is page from 411/412 parts catalogue.
had it filed away.

the original mod, whether by dealer or by owners back in the day, was sourcing parts from VW book. you can see all the bits. duct splitter. the stand off clamp. though i was wrong about attaching it to cooling fan casting in 412 variant. variant used the standoff clamp to hang the motor from underside of top of engine bay sheetmetal. for 914s they just used the clamp to support the hose and fixed it to one of the nuts on the fan casting. and they used the long hose.

none of this is there in 914 PET. all it lists is "additional blower" (ie later blower) and one short length of duct at 450mm. the only thing special to the 914 was it did use a transition piece out of the variant fan that was rectangular to circular for the single circular hose.

Click to view attachment
Type 47
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 21 2023, 08:54 AM) *

I borrowed this pic from @skota23 in another topic. Does anyone know where to buy the hoses like this? I have seen and tried others but they have issues and I wanted to try these.

Click to view attachment

The one pictured looks just like the one I just got from Auto Atlanta.
NARP74
Maybe it is NLA, but the hose I saw there looked just like the 914rubber hose. Maybe I am not using the search term for the desired results.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Long-Ri...461261235A.html

Got a link or part number?
wonkipop
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 21 2023, 05:46 PM) *

Maybe it is NLA, but the hose I saw there looked just like the 914rubber hose. Maybe I am not using the search term for the desired results.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Long-Ri...461261235A.html

i just had a look.
you are correct @NARP74 .

it looks like AA has same type of long hose as 914 rubber.

i looked at listed part for original short hose for a 74/75.
pictured ducting looks to be exactly like Escherbacher hose i posted above that i got hold of here.

neither have the smooth flat section at ends for clamps.

although it does say on the long hose one that AA has, they also offer factory originals.
i guess these must be good condition second hand parts.
probably at a premium price as its a very difficult to get item now.

if all else fails - and presuming you can find one in a junkyard, you could get hold of an old poor condition 914 heater hose. assuming the end sections are still good.
and do my trick of threading them into a sleeve fit with escherbacher duct.
so long as you have enough original section, long enough to get a good sleeve fit it could work very well and look almost factory. take a sharp eye to spot the difference. the original heater hose almost has to be screw turned into the e. duct hose so its very secure as a sleeve fit.

EDIT
i think i can see why 914 rubber and AA would have that different type of non original looking hose. don't know for sure because i have not seen it in flesh but it looks like its very compressible. = small package for postage/freight.

the e. hose duct i got hold of is semi rigid. does not compress to any real degree.
package would be very long to freight it. $ could be reason.
i sourced my e duct locally in the city i live in down here. freight was of no consequence. i just went to the store and got hold of some.
might have had a reasonably hefty freight charge otherwise. would need to be protected by packing to prevent it being crushed.
NARP74
I'll ask some of my sources to see what they may have.

As I start to measure things the connector on the fan is 55mm and the 914rubber/AA hoses are 64mm or a little over 2 inch and 2.5 inch for the hose others sell.
wonkipop
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 21 2023, 06:02 PM) *

I'll ask some of my sources to see what they may have.

As I start to measure things the connector on the fan is 55mm and the 914rubber/AA hoses are 64mm or a little over 2 inch and 2.5 inch for the hose others sell.

correct.

and 64mm diam hose is too big.
i know that from earlier experiment with mercedes duct.

60mm e. duct will just fit around the original duct.
just.
you have to screw the original duct in slowly bit by bit.
i think i might have lubricated the original duct with a bit of dishwashing liquid which helped me get the new duct on. in my case i literally used the entire original duct.
both halfs that i had i screwed entirely inside the outer sleeve of 60mm e. duct.

you could easily make a long duct out of surgery on an old original short duct by doing much the same thing.
71six
The complete fan blower assembly and hoses are missing on my car. What is the purpose of this blower assembly?
NARP74
QUOTE(71six @ Feb 21 2023, 05:48 PM) *

The complete fan blower assembly and hoses are missing on my car. What is the purpose of this blower assembly?

It provides heat through the exchangers on the exhaust if you have them, then up the longs and to the diverters and blower up front for the cabin etc.
wonkipop
QUOTE(71six @ Feb 21 2023, 06:48 PM) *

to the best of my knowledge its only on the 4s.
the sixes use bleed off the cooling fan?

Van B
QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 21 2023, 02:31 PM) *

NAPA has it, found it there last year, fit perfect. If I recall it's called "defroster hose"

I’m gonna need a link @930cabman before I believe a word of what you claim lol… You expect me to believe NAPA had ANYTHING in stock that fits a non-chevy?!
wonkipop
QUOTE(Van B @ Feb 21 2023, 09:13 PM) *

I’m gonna need a link @930cabman before I believe a word of what you claim lol… You expect me to believe NAPA had ANYTHING in stock that fits a non-chevy?!

dunno about chevs, but you'd be surprised what comes off a Ford that can fit on a Renault. or off a SAAB on a Renault. biggrin.gif
so.........maybe its true.
if this magical defroster hose exists I wanna know the details too.
bludden
I got my car with the fan not installed, and no hoses. So I got the hose kit from 914rubber.

Pros: Easy to use fits well. Seems to do it's job.

Cons: easy for an errant tool to rip the material.
Jett
The initial OE hose is NLA and most of the old ones are cracked. As 914Werke shared we inserted a paper hose and put the OE back on.

While restoring our 73 and 75, we ended up buying every likely related hose from Porsche, 914Rubber, AA, Pelican, Stoddard, and ECS. The only two OE “air” hoses that we could not purchase were the engine bay hose (being discussed) and the longer passenger dash vent to frunk paper hose (short versions below).

For our 73 2.0 build, a VERY kind member ( @aturboman ) had saved an NOS engine bay hose for many years and then gifted it to the car smile.gif. Every time an enthusiast sees the car I share the story.

In that spirit, @NARP74 please send a PM and we’ll see if there is something in our box of hoses that you can use.
914Sixer
Here is what I am using. It is made for high heat marine use and seems to be made of steel not aluminum. Bad is it comes in 10 Ft length but you can cut what you need and sell the rest.
Click to open
TheCabinetmaker
Bughaus has them.
TheCabinetmaker
https://www.bughaus.com/beetle_hoses.htm
NARP74
I feel like Veruca Salt in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, "I want that one and I want it now"! I am not in a hurry, but my mind latched onto those hoses as the absolute perfect combination of form and function and anything else looks inferior. It might prove to be a fools errand but I will keep looking and I appreciate the commentary and involvement. Keep it coming...

So are the hoses in the pic the original hoses? NLA it seems

The bughaus hose at least has the proper ID, 55mm, I will look at those some more.

I also found these but need more info on them.
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/1982.htm

@Jett I'll send you a note. Thank you

Part numbers I have found so far, but these are from a PET that shows the dual outlet fan motor, not the split adapter;
L PCG 261 233 420mm which I assume is length
R 461 261 235 A 960mm
NARP74
CB Performance hose is 50mm, they do not have any that is 55mm.
zoomCat
Anyone have experience with the URO stuff?

https://apaindustries.com/catalog?make=2&am...p;q=+Hot%20Hose

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(zoomCat @ Feb 22 2023, 01:16 PM) *

I bought axle assemblies for my Cayman trans conversion. Now I am constantly getting spammed by them.

But the axles are fine.

rhodyguy
They might look correct, but I wanted real heat. Bought caps and SS clamps at the hardware store plumbing section for the J tubes. My fan lives on a shelve in my shed.
930cabman
QUOTE(Van B @ Feb 21 2023, 10:13 PM) *

Not sure if I can provide a link, but I did save the label, tomorrow I will get into the shop and find it. I tried several sources and NAPA several times until I found store manager who would go out of his way. Seems like a simple part, but it nearly kicked my butt
wonkipop
QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 22 2023, 02:57 PM) *

Not sure if I can provide a link, but I did save the label, tomorrow I will get into the shop and find it. I tried several sources and NAPA several times until I found store manager who would go out of his way. Seems like a simple part, but it nearly kicked my butt

tapping fingers on desk!. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have plenty, early cars 70-72 use dissimilar sized ones, 73 - 12/74 cars use a single short one, 75.5-72 use similar diameter long and short ones.

We also make the branch to convert the single hose 73-12/75 to the dual blower nozzle set up

use one short
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 21 2023, 09:54 AM) *

Click to view attachment

wonkipop
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 22 2023, 09:24 AM) *

I feel like Veruca Salt in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, "I want that one and I want it now"! I am not in a hurry, but my mind latched onto those hoses as the absolute perfect combination of form and function and anything else looks inferior. It might prove to be a fools errand but I will keep looking and I appreciate the commentary and involvement. Keep it coming...

So are the hoses in the pic the original hoses? NLA it seems

The bughaus hose at least has the proper ID, 55mm, I will look at those some more.

I also found these but need more info on them.
https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/1982.htm

@Jett I'll send you a note. Thank you

Part numbers I have found so far, but these are from a PET that shows the dual outlet fan motor, not the split adapter;
L PCG 261 233 420mm which I assume is length
R 461 261 235 A 960mm

can understand completely.

i went into this 5 years ago in what became a slightly obsessive quest to replace my original 74 single outlet hose. i wasn't going to give up. thinking-----its a VW part right, so i should be able to track one down somewhere? no luck - even armed with the right part #s and searching VW vintage parts suppliers etc.

however i did have to trawl my way through the PET and associated VW parts catalogues like you are now. i was initially puzzled by that listing of the 920L hose as right side for early cars. 914/4 means early cars in PET. later are listed as 914/1.7 or 914/1.8.

i drew a couple of conclusions.

1. the PET is misleading/incorrect. not the first time either. i have found numerous errors and blanks in the PET when it comes to the 74 1.8s.

those hose numbers and descriptions are definitely incorrect for the early twin outlet fan cars. the R hose is 520mm long. the L hand hose is 420 Long. the hoses originally came from the VW parts bin and are for the 411/412 sedan blower hose setup.

however that 960mm long hose is the one you are looking for to do the right hand side twin hose set up for the later single hose fan despite it being mistakenly identified for early twin outlet fan cars. either that or VW were cutting them down in length to install in 914s. confused24.gif

2. they couldn't even be bothered drawing the single hose fan set up to update the PET.
it applies to the 73 models on. all the bits are just lumped as a group at the end of the parts list details. no key numbers back to the diagram because no diagram.
they list two different hoses there with basically the same part number. that means the design/construction of the part was superseded. somehow they altered the way they made the hose. but there was only ever one hose and a single outlet fan from 73 on.
anything with two hoses from 73 on is an owner mod or a dealer mod post factory.
with parts coming from VW parts bin.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

and here is the VW parts bin.
from 411/412 parts catalogue.
i found this stuff years ago and its proved to be a handy resource at times as an alternative route to track down bits for the 914.
VW germany host the site, its part of the business empire.
generally however VW germany are useless in terms of classic parts supply.

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/ca.../html5.html#/14

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

you can see there were 4 different hose lengths used by VW.
and only 4.
the 960 L hose listed in 914 PET agrees with the 960 L hose listed for the 411/412 variant - same part number. for the variant they used a short 300 and a long 960.

----

the 914 PET is misleading as it mistakenly puts that 960L hose in there for the early cars when it should list it as a 520.
however despite the mistake, the 960L hose is the one the mod was done with for later post 73 cars. its easy to check. just put a tape measure in the engine bay.

-----

all the different hoses in the cars that Porsche were using as their parts bin.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

and the dimensions given for hose diameters are amusing.
the twin outlet fans appear to have used a 55mm diam on LHS and a 60mm diam on RHS.
the single outlet fans used a 55mm diam hose both sides (or if you read the VW catalogue the dim is 55.5mm diam. germans! going to a decimal point!!! biggrin.gif

anyway. good luck. beerchug.gif
if you find out where to get these hoses let me know.
i will want to get hold of one.
i am happy enough with my make do effort at the moment, but i'd be happier with the real thing. it still grates on me what the guys did 30 years ago cutting it into two pieces and taping an extension hose in between. sometimes mechanics just do the stoopidist things.
wonkipop
i also remember i developed a view on this change to a single outlet fan from 73 onwards. because i used to think it was just porsche being cheap skates trying to cut the cost of the car down to the point where they were counting 5 cents worth of hose.

it was all part of the horror of vapor lock i think.

they fiddled around slightly with the FOOL pump location in around 73.
moved it very slightly under the car.
and what i think they did was decide not to channel so much heated air through the hose connection into the long on the right hand side. its right near the FOOL pump revised location.

it still wasn't enough. the horror of vapor lock continued.
there was a dealer mod that jeff bowlsby has on his site involving a lash up duct to direct heated air out of the dump valve on the rhs heater flap box under the car.

then in 75 they bit the bullet and moved the pump up front and it became a fuel pump again. only now they had the charcoal cannister next to the battery crowding the 1.8 relays and resistors etc because the EGR had to go somewhere and the good location they had it in for 74 was no longer good. so now the cannister got in the way of doing a dual outlet fan. got pretty crowded down there. so the single outlet fan stayed.

along with the biased heating and defrost.

which caused a brain fade moment in australia 30 years ago where a couple of guys cut a part made of unobtanium in half to satisfy a road safety certification "expert".
i remember saying to the expert at the time, listen mate, i never drive this thing with the top on, when em i gunna need a demister. biggrin.gif
NARP74
WOW @wonkipop you got way further than I did! Thanks for the great research. It does seem like the documentation got a little lax toward the later years, maybe they knew it was ending or the crew was working on other projects and did not care to backtrack the last few years. I have been befuddled by the PET many times.
We are spoiled I guess. So many parts are available in the aftermarket it surprises and annoys me when something is not.
I'll keep going.
wonkipop
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 22 2023, 04:04 PM) *

WOW @wonkipop you got way further than I did! Thanks for the great research. It does seem like the documentation got a little lax toward the later years, maybe they knew it was ending or the crew was working on other projects and did not care to backtrack the last few years. I have been befuddled by the PET many times.
We are spoiled I guess. So many parts are available in the aftermarket it surprises and annoys me when something is not.
I'll keep going.

believe me i don't want to have to do this research most of the time.

but........if you own a 74 1.8 what you realise is it was chaos in the second half of 73 as they were trying to bring the 1.8 to the showroom.

the EPA was down VW's throat over an emission scandal and they were really struggling to get the L jet system out of the end of the production line.

this chaos is reflected in the PET catalogue and even in parts of the factory workshop manual.

anyway, all my research didn't do me any good. still couldn't source a fricken heater hose. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Feb 22 2023, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 22 2023, 04:04 PM) *

I'll keep going.

believe me i don't want to have to do this research most of the time.

but........if you own a 74 1.8 what you realise is it was chaos in the second half of 73 as they were trying to bring the 1.8 to the showroom.

the EPA was down VW's throat over an emission scandal and they were really struggling to get the L jet system out of the end of the production line.

this chaos is reflected in the PET catalogue and even in parts of the factory workshop manual.

anyway, all my research didn't do me any good. still couldn't source a fricken heater hose. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif

Cheers, I get it. I have gone down these rabbit holes a few times now hoping for a miracle save at the end only to fizzle out and be left hanging empty handed. Oh well...
wonkipop
interesting observation by dr. 914 of auto atlanta.

about mid 75 cars on getting the twin hose set up.
the dr. would know. his chronology is likely 100% correct.

that may have been the case. i'm down here and there is only really a handful of 914s in north antarctica so i don't really see first hand what various reliable examples were.

certainly i have seen various 75 1.8s that had the single fan and hose as part of our L jet research from a couple of years ago.

again the PET does not reflect this. typical really of the PET.
i'd trust dr.914 over the PET on this type of stuff.

EDIT
had a quick scan through the stuff i had on file for 75 L jets.
after looking closely my file agrees with the doctor.
all the ones with vin stickers up to 12/74 are single hose. (most cars have split orig hoses or aftermarket replacement).
all the ones with vins after 12/74 have twin hoses with twin tube transition.
hoses in similar condition. anything original was split around the corrugations.

so much for the PET!

i recall now i even looked for them in south africa. SA had its own VW plant and made 411/412s for the domestic market there. couldn't even track them down with VW parts suppliers there armed with the VW part numbers. searched all the classic bus websites because they had the same fans and ducts. all they had were the corrugated card with aluminium lining aftermarket hoses. i even tried porsche australia because i knew the 912E had them too but the lengths would have been wrong. narthing with them. all they could offer were the corrugated cardboard type heater hoses that the 911s use.
930cabman

Dug through a pile of 2022 receipts and found NAPA P/N NOE 813-1509. All for less than 6 bucks and long enough for both sides
NARP74
QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 22 2023, 04:56 PM) *

Dug through a pile of 2022 receipts and found NAPA P/N NOE 813-1509. All for less than 6 bucks and long enough for both sides

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NOE8131509?impressionRank=1

Hard to tell from pics but it looks close. 2.25" is 57mm, so close to 55mm, probably close enough to seal with the proper clamp. Worth a closer look. Dorman makes it, 96003. https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-28304-96003.aspx

Thanks @930cabman
wonkipop
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Feb 22 2023, 06:35 PM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 22 2023, 04:56 PM) *

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NOE8131509?impressionRank=1

Hard to tell from pics but it looks close. 2.25" is 57mm, so close to 55mm, probably close enough to seal with the proper clamp. Worth a closer look. Dorman makes it, 96003. https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-28304-96003.aspx

Thanks @930cabman

pretty close.
better than 60mm.
i think with the originals the 55mm might be referring to the diameters at the ends where they clamped on. those ends were smooth non corrugated sections for the clamp specially moulded to be all one piece. so i think 57 ought to work!
nitrile rubber construction. whats it like @930cabman . does it flop around or is it rigid enough. one things for sure. it would likely be more durable than the original plastic ones.

nice.

i believe we now have NAPA stores here in north antarctica.
might have to enquire. beerchug.gif
NARP74
I agree @wonkipop I'll go by one in the next day or two and try to get some and check it out.
@914werke do you have any of those OE clamps you mentioned for the longer side hose to the fan shroud?
NARP74
Another group I am in, someone mentioned things like this;

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/too...ssories/2390011

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/too...ssories/2389906

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/too...ssories/2389963

I don't want to go too far down that road. We had a joke on a 4 wheel drive forum I am on about the pvc snorkle kit. Don't want to approach that level of home grown.
Van B
QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 22 2023, 06:56 PM) *

Thanks brother!

@wonkipop can you spare me a trip out to the garage to uncover the engine and comfirm what size we need for our single hose 74?
wonkipop
QUOTE(Van B @ Feb 22 2023, 08:48 PM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Feb 22 2023, 06:56 PM) *

Thanks brother!

@wonkipop can you spare me a trip out to the garage to uncover the engine and comfirm what size we need for our single hose 74?

you are gunna love this.

according to PET it should be 460mm long.
but i made the sleeve exactly to sleeve over the two halves.
and mine is 520mm long.
EDIT i double checked - i am measuring it in car bending tape around so it kind of stretches a bit. the tube that is. being corrugated. but i'd say that is what it is.

i don't know what PET determines is a length measurement.
but its 520 long for the original hose that was on my car.

55mm diam cause it sleeves inside a 60mm diam tight.
@NARP74 has that bit right.
so 57 should be good. beerchug.gif
Van B
Thank you kind sir. As much as I like the aluminum lined hose, I think what @930cabman found will have the best durability in the long run.
wonkipop
QUOTE(Van B @ Feb 22 2023, 09:26 PM) *

Thank you kind sir. As much as I like the aluminum lined hose, I think what @930cabman found will have the best durability in the long run.

i think it will be better.
though its good if its at least semi rigid and not too floppy.
i will give it to PET on length measurement because since is accordian hose it can sort of stretch as it changes doing curves etc.
PET length is probably compressed length. doesn't stretch much but fitted probably takes on a different dim.
buy enough to trim down later to suit your artistic whims when installing. biggrin.gif
Van B
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Feb 22 2023, 10:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Van B @ Feb 22 2023, 09:26 PM) *

i think it will be better.
though its good if its at least semi rigid and not too floppy.
i will give it to PET on length measurement because since is accordian hose it can sort of stretch as it changes doing curves etc.
PET length is probably compressed length. doesn't stretch much but fitted probably takes on a different dim.
buy enough to trim down later to suit your artistic whims when installing. biggrin.gif

I’m an up and down man when it comes to running pipe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.