Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Settled - Side Valences are affixed with plastic button head rivets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ClayPerrine
dead horse.gif
76-914
Well, I should stay the Hell out of this since I've defiled a few 914's.............but FWIW, my one owner 76 had black plastic rivets and my 2 owner 73 had white plastic rivets. Judging by the amount of dirt lodged behind and beneath I'm pretty sure I was the 1st one in there. beerchug.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 22 2023, 03:40 PM) *

Well, I should stay the Hell out of this since I've defiled a few 914's.............but FWIW, my one owner 76 had black plastic rivets and my 2 owner 73 had white plastic rivets. Judging by the amount of dirt lodged behind and beneath I'm pretty sure I was the 1st one in there. beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif
Black Rivets are factory correct. popcorn[1].gif
I purchased some 20 some years ago when available in black.
I understand new ones are now clear/white from a new supplier.
Tom
gereed75
OK. So I am sold that the correct rivets is the white plastic push ones for my early 70 car as pictured above by Regala

People say they are available.

Anyone know where?
Shivers
Click to view attachment

My 72’ has had the same white plastic rivets since I got it in 82’. I’ve seen black on the years that had the black plastic thresholds and the white on earlier cars with the aluminum like mine.
white1975
all plastic original owner of my car
friethmiller
Ok, now I feel the need to drill out all my aluminum rivets and replace with plastic! Oh hell! Why not? wacko.gif
Root_Werks
I have aluminum side rockers and don't need no stinkin' rivets, plastic or otherwise.

So that means I win!

first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.