Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Umbrella Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
john_f
Received my umbrella in the UK yesterday piratenanner.gif (UK First?) after spending a week in Customs. sad.gif

Fitted it today - Perfect - & much more substantial than I thought.

Cheers Perry! beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Perry Kiehl Clone
I've got three on hand right now $130 shipped to lower 48
914nola
QUOTE(9146986 @ May 2 2011, 05:38 AM) *

Not meaning to hijack this thread but does anyone know what color this is?Click to view attachment
Perry Kiehl Clone
Marathon blue. I should've kept that car smile.gif
JB620
Are any of these gems still available?
Annapolis914
I also need one if available.
lapsinc
I need one too...
Cuda911
QUOTE(lapsinc @ Jul 24 2015, 01:52 PM) *

I need one too...

I'm checking to see if I can have some made up in a lightweight waterproof nylon. Will post once I have details.

How many would be interested?
wes
I would like one also, please add e to your list when ready! Thanks wes
Cuda911
I've got to check and see if I can get them done at a reasonable cost. I'll make a new thread and notify people if I can get them made for a reasonable price.
Perry Kiehl Clone
piratenanner.gif not quite sure how I feel about this hijack dry.gif
AndyB
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 24 2015, 06:05 PM) *

I need one too...

I'm checking to see if I can have some made up in a lightweight waterproof nylon. Will post once I have details.

So let me get this straight, you state on a vendors page about looking into having these made. Why would you do this to a fellow member and a vendor who has been making these for years? Cuda, you didn't cross the line you did a triple jump over it.

Andy
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl Clone @ Jul 25 2015, 09:07 AM) *

piratenanner.gif not quite sure how I feel about this hijack dry.gif

I know how I would feel Perry. mad.gif

I guess Cuda911 doesn't need the regular cover because it never rains in southern California.
Would you consider making a batch in lightweight nylon for people who only want one as a sunshade?
rgolia
I'll take on when ready....the original one, you never know when it is going to rain on the east coast while you are enjoying a beverage in a local establishment.
Cuda911
QUOTE(AndyB @ Jul 25 2015, 08:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 24 2015, 06:05 PM) *

I need one too...

So let me get this straight, you state on a vendors page about looking into having these made. Why would you do this to a fellow member and a vendor who has been making these for years? Cuda, you didn't cross the line you did a triple jump over it.

Andy

Ah, ooops...I didn't really read the rest of this thread... just skimmed through it saw a bunch of people saying they want one, and no recent replies, so figured I'd see about getting it done myself to fill a void. Didn't mean to tromp on toes. So, instead, let me see about ordering one from Perry.
Perry Kiehl Clone
I will check into waterproof nylon, but I doubt if there's any nylon with a good UV rating.
Cuda911
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl Clone @ Jul 27 2015, 04:42 PM) *

I will check into waterproof nylon, but I doubt if there's any nylon with a good UV rating.

Thanks, Perry. I looked online, and it looks like there are some good outdoor-rated UV-rated nylon materials for about $5-6 / yard. Seems to me that the umbrella covers would then easily fit into a small stuff-sack.

Wasn't trying to swipe any business from you, didn't realize you were still selling them. PM me your address, and I'll send you one of the 914 hats I'm making, for free, OK? They should be ready in about two weeks.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
I received Perry's cover a couple weeks ago- it isn't any bigger than the service covers offered by Garold when folded up. Very nice quality and will be very easy to bring while traveling.

Regards,
Andrew
cary
I'll take one when you do the next batch ......................
cpavlenko
R these still available. If so, how do I order one.
wes
agree.gif
Perry Kiehl Clone
Yes, I'll have another batch of the regular heavy duty covers, and a small test run of lightweight nylon. Between shipping time and my own schedule, it will be about four weeks. I'll post something on this thread, as well as pm everyone who posted they want a cover.
Tbone425
New to this forum, expanding my horizons from Pelican with my new baby (tangerine 71) These are AWESOME! Will need one for my 914 that I am picking up next week. Couple questions, do you have them in the reflective silver (like OEM outdoor)? Also, do you have the ability to make them for a 944 and a 911. The rain is not as big an issue for me in AZ as the sun. Putting factory cover on every time it they are going to sit outside for more than a couple minutes is getting old. Each of them, has a perfect dash...aim to keep it that way. :-)

Thanks!
forrestkhaag
I would like to purchase one as well. please pm me when they are available and in what material please.

beerchug.gif
Perry Kiehl Clone
PM's sent. I've got 9 of the regular heavy duty material Umbrella Covers in stock and ready to ship. We are in the process of doing a few from tent fabric and possibly rip-stop nylon. The tent fabric and rip-stop is not UV stable, so it would be best for occasional use only, but lighter weight. The rip-stop isn't really waterproof either.

Price is $130 shipped to continental US address.
Perry Kiehl Clone
Just in time for Christmas! 6 left in stock.
rmital
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl Clone @ Nov 4 2015, 07:41 PM) *

PM's sent. I've got 9 of the regular heavy duty material Umbrella Covers in stock and ready to ship. We are in the process of doing a few from tent fabric and possibly rip-stop nylon. The tent fabric and rip-stop is not UV stable, so it would be best for occasional use only, but lighter weight. The rip-stop isn't really waterproof either.

Price is $130 shipped to continental US address.

...did you ever produce the tent fabric cover?
lighter weight, water proof??? Lighter?
less cost???
beto
Perry any regular weight umbrellas left? Pm me. I also sent you a pm with phone no
Perry Kiehl Clone
I've got two left on hand ready to ship.
jim_hoyland
Perry,

I've owned a regular umbrella cover for a long time; it is a must for outside parking. Since retiring, the car sits in the garage and needs a very lightweight dust cover. I like the idea of the rip stop nylon, please pm me with pricing and availability

JH
jim_hoyland
Just received the new umbrella cover, this is so well made and weighs a pound lighter than my original umbrella purchased some years ago.
Pics of the new (brown) cover and a shot of my original grey cover ( still in excellent condition, and looking for a new home)
edrotol
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 25 2016, 11:04 AM) *

Just received the new umbrella cover, this is so well made and weighs a pound lighter than my original umbrella purchased some years ago.
Pics of the new (brown) cover and a shot of my original grey cover ( still in excellent condition, and looking for a new home)

Jim, pm sent. am interested in original grey cover.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(edrotol @ Aug 25 2016, 05:19 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 25 2016, 11:04 AM) *

Jim, pm sent. am interested in original grey cover.

Got it Ed; reply sent. I highly recommend these new lighter covers
C-Ya MK
Hi Perry,
Do you have any available? Price shipped to 92399?
malcolm2
free icon_bump.gif but I did PM you....
IronHillRestorations
PM sent malcolm2
quickspool
Hello, I am looking for a 914 umbrella car cover. Are they still available?
IronHillRestorations
I don't have any on hand at the moment. I'll do another run in a month or so, if you can wait. I'll shoot you a PM when I have them in hand.

I'll probably make a pre-order post.

I'm also considering a limited run with a premium material that I've found.
Coondog
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Mar 2 2020, 06:40 PM) *

I don't have any on hand at the moment. I'll do another run in a month or so, if you can wait. I'll shoot you a PM when I have them in hand.

I'll probably make a pre-order post.

I'm also considering a limited run with a premium material that I've found.

Sent pm all in on premium material
rgolia
I love the one I have for my 914. Perry - you have any for a 1989 911 targa? I could use two.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 4 2020, 04:22 AM) *

I love the one I have for my 914. Perry - you have any for a 1989 911 targa? I could use two.

The guy doing my sewing lost or threw out my 911 targa pattern, but I'm going to get another one made this year. I've got a '91 targa and need one for that.
rgolia
sweet, count me in for two for the 911 targa. Any idea on timing?
IronHillRestorations
Sorry, no. Probably 4-5 weeks
framos914
Please PM me when you get a more 914 covers. What color will be available? Thanks
IronHillRestorations
With everything on "lockdown", I'm not sure when I'll have covers, but I'll post it to this thread and in the vendor section
ejmetz
Hi Perry,

Count me in for one, please. I'll watch for updates, or you can PM me when you know more.

Thanks,
Erich
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(ejmetz @ Apr 8 2020, 01:21 PM) *

Hi Perry,

Count me in for one, please. I'll watch for updates, or you can PM me when you know more.

Thanks,
Erich

Will do Erich!
TailsontheTrails
Are there any more of these available? Thank you!
74 1.8
North Coast Jim
Count me in for one as well
euro911
poke.gif @ironhillrestorations
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.