Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Classic in PDX 2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Eric Taylor
I'm coming for sure with my dad and the red baron! Looking forward to meeting you all. Any word on the plans for the weekend?
Eric
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif Who else booked their rooms. icon_bump.gif Lets fill the joint!
rhodyguy
iirc, timberline lodge is about at 5200ft. just a little fat for the carbed guys.

k
jonwatts
QUOTE (Carl @ Jan 12 2006, 09:42 AM)
Are you going to make cd's for the WCC again?

I could if time permits but I was bummed that they didn't seem to play in quite a few car decks (which was the whole point), and my label really sucked but it was an 11th hour effort. It would be nice to have them professionally pressed and silk-screened.

Who did the CD last year? I'm interested in seeing the playlist.

boxstr
For those of you that need some questions answered, first review some of the thread to see if the answer is in an earlier posting. We are working on finalizing the agenda and I believe it was already posted. But here goes.
7th Friday Arrival, Meet and Greet, Goodie bags,regisration.

8th Run up to Mt Hood with a catered lunch supplied, photo op in lower parking lot with Mt Hood as a backdrop. Down the backside and on to the old Columbia river hiway and into Troutdale and Edgefield Manor for refreshments. Then back to the hotel for a Banquet dinner and awards.

9th Sunday Run out to Portland International Raceway for the Baxters Vintage races, 914 club car corral,parade lap and autocross.
These are all subject to change but this will give you an idea of what we are planning. Thank you Gary Chapman, and Pamela Chapman. Our Event Planning Director and co director.
CCLINWCCPDX2006
rhodyguy
...and home in under 2 hours. i love it!

k
boxstr
PRICELESS biggrin.gif
CCLINWCCINPDX2006
rhodyguy
alas, no burgers and gravy for me this trip. moving a bit sideways. is there a link for the historics? the 3 day pass for the races at SIR are resonably priced, and i usually go on fri also. i'll prob swing by PIR on fri. i mean, i have so much extra time smilie_pokal.gif .

k
boxstr
This is from last year. http://www.portlandhistorics.com/
CCLINWHEREIS2006WCC
JeffBowlsby
When do we take the 914 Tech Quiz?

biggrin.gif
jrcui
Anyone from Hawaii coming up? Willing to play host to my fellow Hawaiians.
Aloha,
vince rocking nana.gif
dinomium
how much are parade lap track fees?
Loser_Cruiser
So far this sounds like its gonna be a blast my father and I need to make reservations still but if turns out theres no room we have friends across the river we will stay with. Hopefully the car will be ready and up to it. Ben of you read this were you planning on drving your car up there too. It would be cool if we left together. Have you talked to viperman lately? I wonder if his car is ready?
MartyYeoman
Reservations made! smilie_pokal.gif
Seagrave
This photo was from last year as well. The club corrals are now on the inside of the track, near the a/x and, if it is not raining, is a very nice place to park. They improved access from two years ago. By the way, pits are open and walking around and drooling is as popular as any of the other weekend activities. Uhmmm....if I had a couple of million for spending money, this I wonder what I'd get?
DNHunt
Autocross in Portland GOOD. They have short courses that are easy to find your way around, great for beginners. Experts would probably want more. It should be a blast with vintage races, parade lap and AX. If it's in the infield there will big bump in the middle of a 180 degree turn. It's an opportunity to break a /4's backend loose.

Keep up the good work

Dave
rick 918-S
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Jan 15 2006, 07:06 AM)
Autocross in Portland GOOD. They have short courses that are easy to find your way around, great for beginners. Experts would probably want more. It should be a blast with vintage races, parade lap and AX. If it's in the infield there will big bump in the middle of a 180 degree turn. It's an opportunity to break a /4's backend loose.

Keep up the good work

Dave

Easy to find your way around.... that's a good thing! The first time I ever AX'd was at "WCC "04" I proved I wasn't easily embarrassed. I think I got lost everytime around the course. unsure.gif Oh Well... It was a great time! And Demmick gave me a ride In my car and then his lil Rocket! aktion035.gif driving.gif
ejm
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 15 2006, 12:42 PM)
The first time I ever AX'd was at "WCC "04" I proved I wasn't easily embarrassed. I think I got lost everytime around the course.   unsure.gif  

It wasn't you Rick...the way the wind blew the cones around at Candlestick the course was changing as you drove it. blink.gif

Reservations made....see ya there beerchug.gif

neo914-6
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 15 2006, 08:42 AM)
Easy to find your way around.... that's a good thing! The first time I ever AX'd was at "WCC "04" I proved I wasn't easily embarrassed. I think I got lost everytime around the course. unsure.gif Oh Well... It was a great time! And Demmick gave me a ride In my car and then his lil Rocket! aktion035.gif driving.gif

My first (and only) AX too thanks to Demick. It was great to see a Porsche V8 powered, an EV drag, Nissan powered, Brads tube, Bill's track, and my Chevy V8 914's together on the grid.

I not only got lost I had a course worker run for her life screwy.gif laugh.gif
morph
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 13 2006, 08:48 AM)
alas, no burgers and gravy for me this trip. moving a bit sideways. is there a link for the historics? the 3 day pass for the races at SIR are resonably priced, and i usually go on fri also. i'll prob swing by PIR on fri. i mean, i have so much extra time smilie_pokal.gif .

k

three day pass to the historics?
where may i find this too ?
james
jimtab
QUOTE (markb @ Jan 11 2006, 10:17 PM)
OK Jim. Marcie & I are crashing at your place.  :party:

Done. biggrin.gif By the way....resis made... beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (ejm @ Jan 15 2006, 09:16 AM)
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 15 2006, 12:42 PM)
The first time I ever AX'd was at "WCC "04" I proved I wasn't easily embarrassed. I think I got lost everytime around the course.   unsure.gif  

It wasn't you Rick...the way the wind blew the cones around at Candlestick the course was changing as you drove it. blink.gif

Reservations made....see ya there beerchug.gif

aktion035.gif driving.gif wavey.gif clap.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Jan 15 2006, 10:30 AM)
Easy to find your way around.... that's a good thing! The first time I ever AX'd was at "WCC "04" I proved I wasn't easily embarrassed. I think I got lost everytime around the course.  :unsure:  Oh Well... It was a great time! And Demmick gave me a ride In my car and then his lil Rocket!  :headbanger:  :driving:

My first (and only) AX too thanks to Demick. It was great to see a Porsche V8 powered, an EV drag, Nissan powered, Brads tube, Bill's track, and my Chevy V8 914's together on the grid.

I not only got lost I had a course worker run for her life screwy.gif laugh.gif

Quite the mottey crew! ohmy.gif Remind me to put a yellow rookie stripe on your bumper. lol2.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Jan 15 2006, 07:06 AM)

Keep up the good work

Dave

You and Jeroen!!!

Haha, I didn't think the course was bad at all, not that I torn it up all that much. I just had fun!
red914
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 13 2006, 08:15 AM)
8th Run up to Mt Hood with a catered lunch supplied, photo op in lower parking lot with Mt Hood as a backdrop....

so, we are supposed to drive up to timberline lodge, and not ski the palmer glacier? Craig, what do you think we are made of? i am only human, fergoshsakes. all that snow, and no turns.

dino has almost talked me into going, but i may have the ski rack (which i got from you, remember? cool.gif thanks again!) mounted with some hippy sticks strapped in. aktion035.gif
boxstr
Bring on the toys. Skis, golf clubs, jet skis,..... We welcome one and all. If you can find the time to ski Palmer go for it.
Craig
jimtab
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 16 2006, 11:09 AM)
Bring on the toys. Skis, golf clubs, jet skis,..... We welcome one and all. If you can find the time to ski Palmer go for it.
Craig

My "event" will be drinking on the sundeck....I'm good at that and there is about a 40% lower chance of a bad fall.... happy11.gif
jim_hoyland
Made mine, --see you on the "sun" deck Jim. what if it's raining ? Bar ???
boxstr
We will have a Suite for Regisration and two ajoining rooms.
Craig
rhodyguy
for those who have never had the pleasure of visiting timberline lodge, you're in for a real treat. architecturally, it's a gem. the scenic vistas aren't too bad either. it's a first rate drive on the way up from hoodriver.

k
boxstr
I beleive we are going up the other way, and back down towards Hood River down the old highway and into Edgefield Manor. but this can all change.
Craig
rhodyguy
the drive is just as nice going towards hoodriver from timberline. ohmy.gif wink.gif

k
GWN7
Hood River......that brings back foggy memories (insert hangover smiley) wink.gif biggrin.gif
double-a
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 16 2006, 05:19 PM)
for those who have never had the pleasure of visiting timberline lodge, you're in for a real treat. architecturally, it's a gem. the scenic vistas aren't too bad either. it's a first rate drive on the way up from hoodriver.

k

and anyone who's seen 'the shining' has seen timberline lodge. i believe at least the exterior shots were filmed there. beautiful place indeed.

"here's johnny!"

~a
VegasRacer
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 13 2006, 07:12 AM)
icon_bump.gif Who else booked their rooms. icon_bump.gif Lets fill the joint!

Booked 'Em Dano. smilie_flagge24.gif piratenanner.gif
neo914-6
Anyone been to Sun River? How far from Portland? My family is interested in visiting since my sister in Seattle has a place to stay there...
rhodyguy
prob 3 hours or better away from the party.

k
boxstr
Sunriver is a whole trip unto itself. Not the kind of place you want to drive to overnight and try to make it back to PDX the next morning.
Camping in Bend area ( Century drive) one time and wokeup to snow on the ground in July. Very cold at night but hot during the day.
Craig
Porsche Rescue
Pretty convenient detour coming or going. Northbound take US 97 at Weed. If going there on the way home you can cross the Cascades on I 84, US 26 or OR 58 and reach 97. As Kevin said, about 3 hours from Portland.
rhodyguy
i did the backside way down once. 26@ gov camp to 97(?) to bend. the road was not as direct as it appeared on the map. wow, central valley north in cal to weed and then eastern oregon. like jim said, waaay too hot, for too long!!!

k
double-a
back in september i took one last drive for the season, and i decided to go see mt. st. helens. drove all the way up to the johnston ridge observatory, over 4k feet elevation. thanks to my new oil temp gauge, i could watch the temp climb to 240 degrees and stay there for an uncomfortably long time. unsure.gif

but the drive down was awesome, hardly a car on the road. saw a yellow elise. mountain drives are great... driving.gif

~a
DNHunt
Reservations made. Bringing the kids too. Save me a spot on the deck.

Dave
rhodyguy
given the hi(gh)jinx last year, you're going to need to have a little talk with the kids this year dave. perhaps invest in one of these too.

k
jimtab
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Jan 16 2006, 05:00 PM)
Made mine, --see you on the "sun" deck Jim. what if it's raining ? Bar ???

Uh, yeah.....but it never rains in Portland..... biggrin.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Jan 17 2006, 09:30 AM)
Anyone been to Sun River? How far from Portland? My family is interested in visiting since my sister in Seattle has a place to stay there...

Google Bend Oregon...very close....you don't want to go there...thousands of silver backs in slow cars....screwed up the fishing too.... wacko.gif sad.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 17 2006, 11:12 AM)
i did the backside way down once. 26@ gov camp to 97(?) to bend. the road was not as direct as it appeared on the map. wow, central valley north in cal to weed and then eastern oregon. like jim said, waaay too hot, for too long!!!

k

I got stranded once in Mopin... wait tillya hear that one! I have also slept in my car at timberline more times than I care to count!!!
MartyYeoman
I plan on "coming" or maybe "going" thru Bend.
My son lives there and a visit is definitely in order.

I also have long time friends in Grants Pass, so I guess
it's going to be Hwy-5 one way and Hwy-97 the other.

I don't know if Oregon is going to be CW or CCW yet.
mueba.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif
Allan
How about the yungins? Will there be anything for the kids (5-12) to do?

Gonna get a jolly jumper and have Slits dress up like a clown and make 914 balloons?
jimtab
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 17 2006, 12:48 PM)

k

I got stranded once in Mopin... wait tillya hear that one! I have also slept in my car at timberline more times than I care to count!!!

Oooooh...good fishing in Maupin...the Deschutes....mmmmmmm...
dinomium
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 17 2006, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 17 2006, 12:48 PM)

k

Oooooh...good fishing in Maupin...the Deschutes....mmmmmmm...

and the rafting is great too. The stranding with no money that blows! alfred.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.