Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Classic in PDX 2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Brando
California guys, want to do a caravan? I most definitely do. I need to know when to plan my vacation days around this for travel time and expense (as most who will caravan will have to do).

If you can offer any suggestions, please do! I'm all open for it.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Brando @ Jan 7 2006, 01:49 PM)

It seems a little early for a Caravan thread. cool_shades.gif
Here is an idea anyway.

July 2 - Caravans from New Mexico - Phoenix, and Denver arrive in Vegas. PARTY !
July 3 - Caravan from Vegas to LA. (party again)
July 4 - Caravan from LA to San Francisco & pick up a bunch more 914's.
July 5 - San Fran to somewhere around the CA/OR border.
July 6 - Last leg into Portland.
July 7 - 8 - 9. WCC

The LA to Portland run could be done in 2 days. Making a stop in The Bay Area sounds like a good way to entice more people to join in.

One option discussed was for the teeners to do Hwy 1 and 101 and then Neverland and towed race cars to do I-5. We would meet up at night time.

I am in no big hurry. I want to enjoy the drive up the coast. smilie_flagge24.gif
JoeSharp
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 7 2006, 02:55 PM)

Here is an idea anyway.

July 2 - Caravans from New Mexico - Phoenix, and Denver arrive in Vegas. PARTY !
July 7 - 8 - 9. WCC

The LA to Portland run could be done in 2 days. Making a stop in The Bay Area sounds like a good way to entice more people to join in.

One option discussed was for the teeners to do Hwy 1 and 101 and then Neverland and towed race cars to do I-5. We would meet up at night time.

I am in no big hurry. I want to enjoy the drive up the coast. smilie_flagge24.gif

Thank you John, that sounds great to me.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Brando
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 7 2006, 01:55 PM)

Here is an idea anyway.

July 7 - 8 - 9. WCC

That's the awesomest plan, evars.

I'll shape my vacation schedule around that.

Are we all just going to follow the mobile ToKillYa wagon on the way home or is it FFA?

Oh yeah, Aaron... you can't just come hang out for a day and a half and leave this time...
JeffBowlsby
If I go, its a one day haul for me from San Jose to Portland... cool.gif
Allan
I guess the Monarch is full up.

Can't get a reservation for that weekend. dry.gif
boxstr
We have 50 rooms reserved for the 7th and 8th.
I will call and find out more information. There is another hotel next door that may have to take some overflow, if needed.
Craig
boxstr
I called and willhave to speak tothe sales person on Monday, they may have more rooms that the reservation desk is unaware of. I will try and get more rooms. I will post on Monday after I have more information to pass along.
Craig
rick 918-S
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 7 2006, 06:43 PM)
We have 50 rooms reserved for the 7th and 8th.
I will call and find out more information. There is another hotel next door that may have to take some overflow, if needed.
Craig

I wonder if they screwed up. Are all 50 blocked rooms reserved? dry.gif Wife just said today we better get ours reserved. dry.gif
boxstr
I will know more on Monday.
Craig
Brando
speaketh more of this cheaper place next door?

~CSOB

er...

~B
boxstr
ATTENTION When calling the Monarch Hotel for reservations you must let them know that this is for the

"WEST COAST CAR CLUB EVENT"

They have plenty of rooms. We will soon be asking you for a firm commitment to the WCC 2006 in the form of a check and a registration confirmation.
After the final agenda we will know the exact cost to each attendee.
Sponsorship oppurtunites are being put together at this time. We will present those when completed.
Craig
Carl
Booked! Thanks, Craig!
biggrin.gif
montoya 73 2.0
me too. thanks!
rick 918-S
I just booked a suite. Sandy and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary July 18 So this is kind of our weekend. After the event we plan to travel south in the Alien and spend some time together.

Sounds like the boys are coming again this year. My son Aric wants to drive his lowered Jetta out also. I'm supposed to pull my engine and trans axle this weekend for a rebuild. Lots to do... screwy.gif
rhodyguy
thankyou craig.

k
WRX914
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 7 2006, 01:55 PM)

Here is an idea anyway.

July 7 - 8 - 9. WCC

John, I'm in (provided that my car is finished). I'll drive wit cha.
Andyrew
Caravan sounds a bit much.. 2 day caravan is cool... but 5?
xitspd
ohmy.gif Rick... I booked a suite as well! I am looking forward to seeing you again. Are you coming to SoCal first or heading up the Northern route.

Dan
Brando
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jan 11 2006, 10:23 AM)

For us SoCal guys it would be 3 days. The Bay-area guys 2. Sounds well planned to include party and hangover time (sic).
Allan
QUOTE (Brando @ Jan 11 2006, 10:57 AM)

For us SoCal guys it would be 3 days. The Bay-area guys 2. Sounds well planned to include party and hangover time (sic).

3 days? I was thinking more like a solid 24 hours including food and pee breaks...
Brando
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 11 2006, 11:03 AM)
QUOTE (Brando @ Jan 11 2006, 10:57 AM)

3 days? I was thinking more like a solid 24 hours including food and pee breaks...

Yeah, but then you skip the fun in major meeting areas.

I guess we'll work on a fine plan. But driving 24 hours straight? Nucking futz, I'd never be a truck driver obviously.
rhodyguy
leaving stockton @ 6am ish puts you in pdx around 2pm, and that is driving consistantly well over the speed limit. unless i absolutely had to, i would not relish driving thru norcal/southern ore at night. it's about 200 miles or so of mountainous driving, with pretty good distances of nothing other than scenic views.

k
Allan
The last time I drove to Portland it took us 18 hours and that included MANY pit stops. On the return trip it took us 21 hours and that included an hour waiting for crackhead joe and his brother to put chains on.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jan 11 2006, 10:41 AM)
ohmy.gif Rick... I booked a suite as well! I am looking forward to seeing you again. Are you coming to SoCal first or heading up the Northern route.

Dan

Hey Buddy! wavey.gif I'm taking the Northern route on the way. Then I may travel south with you all for the return trip. See ya there! aktion035.gif driving.gif
Allan
So when does the count down clock start at the top of the page?
Andyrew
I've been waiting for the countdown since last wcc... lol
VegasRacer
QUOTE (audioculture @ Jan 11 2006, 11:00 AM)
John, I'm in (provided that my car is finished). I'll drive wit cha.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! piratenanner.gif
WRX914
Damn, with all the time and money I am putting into my car... I just might want to sleep in it!

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
xitspd
ohmy.gif I just spoke to a truck driver (Portland Based) picking up a load of potatoes at my cooler and she confirmed it was a 22 hours drive to Portland from San Jacinto!

Holy Smoly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, as a caravan it will go down in the annals of 914club history.

Dan
Aaron Cox
looks like i have to take a week off of work to drive there, party, and drive back LOL...

there goes 400 in work monies..... sad.gif laugh.gif
JoeSharp
AAron: I'll spend more than twice that on fuel.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Howard
Dan, did you mean the 'anals of 914club history'?? biggrin.gif

22 hours in a 914 with 180# springs? I hate to let the young guys show me up, but the big silver bird is looking pretty good. Room for my car in the trailer, Joe?
xitspd
lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 11 2006, 04:21 PM)
Dan, did you mean the 'anals of 914club history'??  :D

22 hours in a 914 with 180# springs?  I hate to let the young guys show me up, but the big silver bird is looking pretty good.  Room for my car in the trailer, Joe?

shoot... 22hrs with 225lb springs....22 t bars and NO sound deadening... ill bring a pillow and earplugs.....

howard - bust out yout hemorrhoid donut

user posted image tongue.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 11 2006, 03:09 PM)
there goes 400 in work monies..... sad.gif laugh.gif

Oh well, the car will be done so you don't need any more money. wink.gif
Demick
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 11 2006, 12:29 PM)
leaving stockton @ 6am ish puts you in pdx around 2pm, and that is driving consistantly well over the speed limit. unless i absolutely had to, i would not relish driving thru norcal/southern ore at night. it's about 200 miles or so of mountainous driving, with pretty good distances of nothing other than scenic views.

k

Remember, it will probably be 112 degrees in Redding. I'm thinking nighttime driving sounds pretty good. My aircooled motor is thinking the same......

Demick
bondo
I just checked the headcount thread (nailed) and it's up to 100 members coming with cars.. (I assume cars means 914, but maybe not)

It would be so mega-awesome if 100 914s actually showed up!

What were the final 914 counts for the last two WCCs?
Grimstead
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jan 11 2006, 03:05 PM)
ohmy.gif  I just spoke to a truck driver (Portland Based) picking up a load of potatoes at my cooler and she confirmed it was a 22 hours drive to Portland from San Jacinto!

Holy Smoly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, as a caravan it will go down in the annals of 914club history.

Dan

Yeah, I think she maybe off a bit on her time. Ages ago I drove my 914 a couple of time to Seattle (from Long Beach) in about 16 hrs and my Father comes down from Redding to visit us in Corona nowadays in about 9hrs. That being said, the drive up I5 till just south of Redding is a really baren boring drive. yellowsleep[1].gif
jimtab
QUOTE (Demick @ Jan 11 2006, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 11 2006, 12:29 PM)

k

Remember, it will probably be 112 degrees in Redding. I'm thinking nighttime driving sounds pretty good. My aircooled motor is thinking the same......

Demick

Yeah, it'll be down to ....oh probably 106 by 12am.... biggrin.gif
markb
Where are we planning to stay in the Bay area? I should think about booking something for Marcie & I.
Andyrew
If where doing one night things.. I'll just sleep in the car.../ truck... whatever.

No biggie.

just a day...
porsha916
I'am in, (two) 914's , four people, any teeners in the seattle area going south friday morning or maybe thursday evening! driving.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (markb @ Jan 11 2006, 07:44 PM)
Where are we planning to stay in the Bay area? I should think about booking something for Marcie & I.

We've got a spare room and a couple of couches, and 500sqft of deck...Slumber party???? But I tell you, we need to get an EARLY start to get thru the "valley" before it gets crazy hot...trust me on this.....also it would be good to beat the bulk of the Bay area commute traffic before the Winters cutoff in vacaville...
markb
OK Jim. Marcie & I are crashing at your place. party.gif
GWN7
QUOTE (Demick @ Jan 11 2006, 03:47 PM)

Demick

I did Hood River, OR to Kelowna, BC and it was 117 that day. Small cooler, lots of ice, 10 bottles of water, never had to stop to pee. Even my belt was squishy when I arrived. huh.gif biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE (porsha916 @ Jan 11 2006, 08:47 PM)
I'am in, (two) 914's , four people, any teeners in the seattle area going south friday morning or maybe thursday evening! driving.gif

We should be going down on Thursday nite from the Beacon Hill area of Seattle.
jonwatts
What kind of elevations are we talking about seeing between the SF Bay Area and our final resting place? We don't want anybody to run lean in hot, thin air.
DNHunt
I'm not sure about The Siskyous (I believe they are just over 4300 ft) but at Timberline in September one year I was lean with D-jet. Course it may not have been setup right. MS had no problems.

Dave
Carl
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jan 12 2006, 08:39 AM)
What kind of elevations are we talking about seeing between the SF Bay Area and our final resting place? We don't want anybody to run lean in hot, thin air.

Jon,
For you, Eight Miles High.
Are you going to make cd's for the WCC again?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.