Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Classic in PDX 2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
reverie
Will somebody please fix the events calendar?
Apparently there is a WCC scheduled for June 4th.. rolleyes.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...ndar&m=6&y=2006

Thank you!
jimtab
QUOTE (reverie @ Jan 19 2006, 05:13 AM)
Will somebody please fix the events calendar?
Apparently there is a WCC scheduled for June 4th.. rolleyes.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...ndar&m=6&y=2006

Thank you!

You have to admit that in geologic terms it's real close..... biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 18 2006, 09:32 AM)
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 17 2006, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 17 2006, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 17 2006, 11:12 AM)
i did the backside way down once. 26@ gov camp to 97(?) to bend. the road was not as direct as it appeared on the map. wow, central valley north in cal to weed and then eastern oregon. like jim said, waaay too hot, for too long!!!

k

I got stranded once in Mopin... wait tillya hear that one! I have also slept in my car at timberline more times than I care to count!!!

Oooooh...good fishing in Maupin...the Deschutes....mmmmmmm...

and the rafting is great too. The stranding with no money that blows! alfred.gif

I wish someone had told me the fishing was good there before I went rafting there last year in August!!! Once you get outta Maupin there is nothin for miles!
grasshopper
i'm coming again this year, made my reservations. clap.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jan 19 2006, 06:52 PM)
i'm coming again this year, made my reservations. clap.gif

Very cool! I look forward to meeting you.

Dan
Eddie914
Did someone mention 914s on Mt. St. Helens?

7.7 liters of 914/6!
Eddie914
Mt. St. Helens is a great drive ... especially when the traffic looks like this!
JoeSharp
Berry: Are you going to take the Wheelberrow home with you?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
grasshopper
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Jan 19 2006, 10:00 PM)

??? sorry, im kinda slow rolleyes.gif .... is that the long distance award, like scott thatcher won last year?? if it is, i have to drive right?? were flying out again, but one day i will drive it... when my car is finished...
Brando
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jan 20 2006, 04:33 AM)

??? sorry, im kinda slow rolleyes.gif .... is that the long distance award, like scott thatcher won last year?? if it is, i have to drive right?? were flying out again, but one day i will drive it... when my car is finished...

I think the requirements are to drive a 914 that's unbelievably driveable cross-country to the event.
jimtab
QUOTE (Brando @ Jan 20 2006, 08:45 AM)

I think the requirements are to drive a 914 that's unbelievably driveable cross-country to the event.

I think it was for gross heroism...driving a car that was finished just "hours" before they left...all the way across the country...the wheelbarrow was for his balls.... biggrin.gif
Allan
Reservations made...
bd1308
so if "I" drove my 914 cross-country, i'd win the wheelbarrow award?

b
bondo
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jan 20 2006, 12:30 PM)

b

Either that or you'd break down in the middle if Nebraska. smile.gif

On the plus side, if you break down in the middle of Nebraska, it's so flat that you can coast to Wyoming. biggrin.gif
Brando
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jan 20 2006, 11:30 AM)

b

We'd change the Poker Run to a Rescue Run... Caravan to BD's breakdown location. Break out the bat-phone and sight in your GPS, WE'RE COMIN BUBBA!
dinomium
How much time do I have to get ready?
No worries!
DNHunt
Dino You can do it. Get a wax ring and slap that toilet pain30.gif down so you can get back working on the car. Shoot some primer on that fender. You said you got it running. I got a good muffler over here. I still want to see the Gulf 914.

Dave
rhodyguy
a match dropped just in the correct spot (behind the drivers side front tire) is all it will take.

k
grasshopper
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 20 2006, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (Brando @ Jan 20 2006, 08:45 AM)

I think it was for gross heroism...driving a car that was finished just "hours" before they left...all the way across the country...the wheelbarrow was for his balls.... biggrin.gif

lol... i havn't seen him post in a while... is he still with us?? confused24.gif

Heres a trophie idea.... yougest and oldest members present... if Slits comes, he can win the oldest member award lol2.gif ... i think thats a good trophie idea... confused24.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 21 2006, 09:31 AM)
a match dropped just in the correct spot (behind the drivers side front tire) is all it will take.

k

nice to see you are paying attenting Kevin! Got the muffler, thankx Dave...
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif mid week icon_bump.gif

Who's on the fence?
bondo
I PM'd Craig about this, but I probably shouldn't have because I'm sure he's busy enough already..

Does anyone "in the know" happen to know about what time the festivities begin on friday, and when they end on sunday? Just a guesstamate, as we're planning a vacation around the WCC, and want to know when we should roll in and roll out. If either friday or sunday is packed, we may stay at the monarch an extra night. If sunday stuff ends mid afternoon, we may spend sunday night 100 miles away. You get the idea.
boxstr
Royce, Sorry about the delay. I was waiting for some information to come in. Friday will be open most of the day for people to arrive and we will have a registration room and a space for a meet and greet. There really isn't a "set" time.
As far as Sunday the end of the Vintage Races will signal the end of the event. People can dispers from the racetrack.
Some of us will be going back to the Monarch to gather up items and head home. If others wish to stay till Monday I am sure there will be a few people who will opt to do that. If you are planning a drive 100 miles away on Sunday you should have plenty of light to drive and plenty of time to get to your final destination.
Craig
rick 918-S
Were staying Sunday night. We have a suit. The kids are planning to drive out with us. They will be traveling west after the event. Sandy and I are driving south from the event into California and on into Vegas. We will most likely caravan with the Cali crew. We have no real set plans yet. No hotel reservations, or any real destination. It's our time together for our 25th ! wub.gif
neo914-6
smilie_pokal.gif Wow 25 years, I'm only on my tenth...

Sandy must have been your high school wub.gif
bondo
QUOTE (boxstr @ Jan 25 2006, 10:35 PM)
Royce, Sorry about the delay. I was waiting for some information to come in. Friday will be open most of the day for people to arrive and we will have a registration room and a space for a meet and greet. There really isn't a "set" time.
As far as Sunday the end of the Vintage Races will signal the end of the event. People can dispers from the racetrack.
Some of us will be going back to the Monarch to gather up items and head home. If others wish to stay till Monday I am sure there will be a few people who will opt to do that. If you are planning a drive 100 miles away on Sunday you should have plenty of light to drive and plenty of time to get to your final destination.
Craig

Cool, thanks! Just what I needed to finalize plans. Unfortunatly the historics webpage says the 2006 schedule is coming soon. I'll just assume it ends at 5pm. smile.gif
Porsche Rescue
Usually the last race is at about 5 pm. Depending on which class is running, you may or may not care to stay. You may well have had enough by 3 or 4 pm and decide to hit the road. We will be in the infield so you can only get in or out about every 30 minutes.
bondo
Ok, reservations made for the 7th and 8th!

Is there a rough estimate yet of what the fees will be for the WCC itself? I'm trying to figure out how much I need to save from the sale of my MGB for this trip. biggrin.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (bondo @ Feb 1 2006, 11:36 AM)

Is there a rough estimate yet of what the fees will be for the WCC itself? I'm trying to figure out how much I need to save from the sale of my MGB for this trip.  :D

Well, you'll need about 500.00 for tequila, bail, new shorts, etc. track fees can be steep....after that, I don't know..... will you get that much for an MGB????happy11.gif
Mikey914
A little O/T but for those driving up from CA, if your around it's kind of interesting.
http://www.oregonvortex.com/visiting.htm
FYI
rhodyguy
again. for mr peters. right here steve!!
markb
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 15 2006, 08:32 PM)
QUOTE (markb @ Jan 11 2006, 10:17 PM)
OK Jim. Marcie & I are crashing at your place.  :party:

Done. biggrin.gif By the way....resis made... beerchug.gif

Hi Jim. Since Marcie has pulled her $h!t, I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it or not. I won't know anything for a while. Thanks for the invite, tho.
ThinAir
I'm wondering about the possibility of camping for the event that is anywhere close to the official hotel. Linda & I will be coming in our VW camper so we have the possibility of camping or the hotel. Funds are a little tight so I'd like to explore the possibility of camping.

If any of you have spouses or partners that are interested, Saturday is the annual Outdoor Quilt Show in Sisters, OR. About 25,000 people show up to see quilts from all over the world that are hung on the buildings all over the downtown of this little mountain town. My wife is a quilter and the reason I'm not coming by myself is because WCC 2006 is the same weekend as Sisters so that's where Linda will be headed on Saturday. It's great fun and the bearclaws at the Sisters Bakery are to die for!
boxstr
We will have one suite and two adjoining rooms these are going to probably be free since they come with the suite.
Speak up, and it can be yours.
Craig
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE (bondo @ Feb 1 2006, 11:36 AM)

Is there a rough estimate yet of what the fees will be for the WCC itself? I'm trying to figure out how much I need to save from the sale of my MGB for this trip. biggrin.gif

I sold my 64 VW camper and I would like to know the same. Does anyone know what the fees were last year? Then I can get a idea of what I'm looking at.
ThinAir
QUOTE (boxstr @ Mar 25 2006, 08:34 PM)
We will have one suite and two adjoining rooms these are going to probably be free since they come with the suite.
Speak up, and it can be yours.
Craig

P.M. Sent. Thanks, Craig!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.