Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: West Coast Classic in PDX 2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
boxstr
Okay, I would like to say thank you to all who have helped so far in getting the planning for WCC in PDX 2006 to this point.
I have been able to get the Monarch Motor Hotel for our meeting place. Rooms will be $89.00 per single or duoble occupancy plus a low 7% room tax. We are using 50 cars and 100 guests as our standard for the hotel. We can increase that figure if needed.
We will have a King suite and two adjoining Queen rooms for our meet and greet and registration room.
Website for the Monarch is here http://www.monarchhotel.cc
192 guest rooms, 5 suites, Sams restaurant open dalily with room service. Lots of free parking, we should have our own area for washing cars and towels for drying them also.
It is located on I 205, there are 15 restaurants within walking distance and a major shopping mall Clackamas Town Center, 1.2 million sq ft with 185 stores, tax free shopping.
Free local transportation, and easy access to the Portland International Airport, 10 miles.
The dates for the WCC 2006 is July 7,8 and 9. This will follow the same dates as the Portland Historic Races. We will have many other events planned, Poker run, relaxing , etc.
This is just the beginning more to come, so start planning to be in Portland in July.
Craig C. Laughlin
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
drgchapman
Well alrighty then! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
grantsfo
Will there be 914 club umbrellas for sale before this event? clap.gif
rhodyguy
all of the 4185 members planning on attending should pm/email craig asap.biggrin.gif consider posting a link at the boid. the historics is a nice tie in. gonna be a long weekend in portland. the best part...? I DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE TO CALIFORNIA!!! smilie_pokal.gif

K
DNHunt
Hell no, we don't use umbrellas here cause the wind turns them inside out. Clear plastic slickers, uniform of the day or just hunker down and get wet.

Actually, after the 4th of July the weather gets nice. The challenge will be staying cool. Don't tell Kevin that cause he wants everyone to think the PNW sucks.

Man I'm gettin excited already

Dave
xitspd
ohmy.gif I'm in! Let's have a fun and very interesting caravan from the south! I am going to haul my car in my enclosed race trailer ( generator, compressor, power tools). It will work as a support vehicle for the club. SoCal contingent, let's plan a hook up with our friends in the bay area on the way north. Joe O and friends, "mi casa es su casa!" on your way over..... beerchug.gif
Allan
Yay!!!

Who's putting together the paypal account for Mile's ticket???
Porsche Rescue
914 drivers can't afford clear slickers. Garbage bag with 3 holes works best.
spare time toys
We will be there. I think with gas going the way it is we are going to fly out on passes. I can pay for the trip off of what I dont spend on gas ohmy.gif Gonna try to farm out the kids for the weekend. My Birthday is on the 8th so its a double party day beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
qa1142
Inlaws are in Vancouver, Guess I'll have to visit them. laugh.gif

How had driven chicago to Portland in their 914?
VegasRacer
Only 320 days until WCC 2006 w00t.gif
I better start now if my 914 is going to be ready in time. smash.gif

To do list:
1.) Fill gas tank.
2.) Check tire pressure.
3.) Wash windshield.

OK. I'm ready. mueba.gif
Porsche Rescue
Will, I bought a very nice original '71 with 95,000 miles and drove Chicago-Portland in Oct. of '02. Daylight only, 4 days, about 600 miles per day. Great fun. Would not have been with a break-down in middle of Nebraska!
Brando
Wow... Portland...

Now's the big question -- do I drive the teener and hope it doesn't overheat?

Or fly and bum a teener off someone?

unsure.gif blink.gif
J P Stein
Hay Craig, I forgot the password to the link.
Refresh me wink.gif
boxstr
Okay, Looks like people are startng to wakeup to the idea of the WCC 2006 in PDX. This year on the 8th we had a huge downpour and the remaining two days and many days after were absolutely sunny and warm. So umbrellas could get double duty in Portland.
Sponsors, feel free to let us know who you are and step up.
After the Camarillo event, alot of people expressed interest in a more laid back atmosphere for the WCC 2006, well you can make it what you want. I think alot of people were more than happy to visit the Tokillya Wagon that Joe Sharp brought over. Start now Joe and you will be there on time. laugh.gif
I can contact a transporter that I use to find out the cost for those who might want to have there cars transported up.
CAMP 914 may have an Arrive and Drive program in place by then also.
More to follow.
Craig
Brando
Someone make this a sticky. I could caravan up with some people on the 6th, get there early. About a 17-18 hour drive from SoCal?

I know some of us won't make plans until the last minute (me last year). I had such a wonderful [drunken] time I want to make definite plans for next year. Plus I get some paid days off biggrin.gif
DNHunt
I would imagine some of the local guys might be willing to host a driver.

I would be but, I'll have a 16 year old pup intent on proving he's the next Fangio. If he's anything like his dad our family will be favorites for the most cones killed by one family. I pity the people in the other run groups. unsure.gif

Should be fun.

Dave
spare time toys
Any place in Portland that rents exotic cars? If we fly that may be a fun treat. cool.gif
Yoei66
Hot Dog!!!! boldblue.gif

This is going to be fun! driving.gif drunk.gif

I'm stoked! smoke.gif
McMark
Hell YEAH! I'm scared my car still won't be ready. rolleyes.gif

P.S. no sticky threads yet, since it's still a long ways off. wink.gif
rhodyguy
less time on the computer=more time in the garage. unfinished cars hasn't stopped anyone the past 2 years. don't worry mark, this will be 100 pages long in no time. for those that may attend... if you have never been to the BEAUTIFUL pacific northwest give yourselve's a few extra days to explore. i will have limo service from seatac to tacoma, the city of destiny, a night or 2, or 3, or?, of lodging, and an extra seat in each car(2) to portland. reservations are being taken. ed?, miles?(show up or be a turd this time) and pasture for your best friend.

put the powers family down for 2 craig. CONFIRMED. what are the track fees?

k
markb
Marcie & Mark are in, Craig. This will be an adventure! smile.gif
LuckieO
So the plan is: Take two weeks of vacation, drive to SoCal first, spend some time preparing (I mean shooting the shit with you guys for a few days) for the WCC, and then caravan up to Oregon. Sounds fabulous to me...the question is will Turltegirls 914 be ready, or will we just be bringing the RS? Only time will tell! driving.gif
DNHunt
My 12 year old Sarah is already planning a snowboarding trip to Mt. Hood, then late afternoon in the waterpark. I guess we'll bring down the 914 and the Pilot.

Dave
rhodyguy
the other ski area near government camp used to have a toboggan run for the summer months. little wheeled contraptions shooting down a pretty long banked run. fun.

k
drgchapman
Yeah Kevin, it's called the alpine slide at Ski Bowl. Mucho fun, could get serious road rash if you blow out. They also have a bungie jump, go carts, mountain biking down the hill. Bungie or Beer? beer.gif Beer wins. I'd probably just pee myself on the bungie thing.

We are planning a road trip up through Mt. Hood, the gorge with a stop at McMenamens Edgefield Brewery. That will be a great day trip.

Looking forward to hosting all you guys. Portland ROCKS! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

Gary
DNHunt
In my best littlle old lady voice "Where's the cones?" w00t.gif

I really love the shorter courses you guys run.

Dave
rhodyguy
gary, for those that like to live life on the edge, is that micro brewery still in business right in gov camp? i woke up with a pounder after a session in there years ago. jumps from heights ohmy.gif , with big rubberbands tied to my ankles is not my idea of fun.

k
Porsche Rescue
I don't think there will be a "real" autocross as part of WCC '06. There is a very short one held as a charity fund raiser on the infield during the historic races. I believe it costs $5 a run and might be fun, but not like a PCA or SCCA event.
Might be used to settle a bet or two among our members.
boxstr
At the end of three days I think the low key Autocross at the Historics will give evryone the chance to run there car against others and the clock without pushing it to the point of breaking and having to worry about a tow home.
CCLINTIMEDRUN
pete-stevers
you can count me in!! biggrin.gif
really lookin forward to it.... biggrin.gif

Brando
Confirming vacation days this week smile.gif
boxstr
I would like to get a count of who is going to be making hotel reservations for the WCC 2006 in PDX. I relaize we have a headcount of about 94 people, but I would like to nail down the actual number of rooms we may need.

The Hotel will be the Monarch Motor hotel. http://www.monarchhotel.cc Rates are Singles/Doubles $89.00,Triples $99.00, Quads $109.00, Suites $169.00. There is a 7% room tax, this is less than other hotels in the area.
I have reserved for the WCC July 7 and 8, 50 rooms. I would like to let them know if we will need more by the first of 2006, I am sure we will be able to squeeze in a few if needed after that time.

We have a suite and two adjoining rooms, I someone wants to stay in the suite, please let me know. Please note this rooms will be a meeting place for registration and other event activities.
Thank you
Craig C. Laughlin
dinomium
I will be there! Either in a 914 or my f150! or maybe both!! Kev, gotta car hauler I can barrow?
laugh.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (boxstr @ Aug 20 2005, 09:51 AM)
I can contact a transporter that I use to find out the cost for those who might want to have there cars transported up.

If it's John Valdez, me and the other transporter he sub-contracted want to talk to him about the money he took from us! mad.gif
rhodyguy
you have8 months dino. a truck rolleyes.gif , you crack me up.

k
dinomium
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Oct 6 2005, 09:27 AM)
you have8 months dino. a truck rolleyes.gif , you crack me up.

k

I am glad that in your "diminished capacity" you can still recognize humor
chairfall.gif
GTeener
I'm a definite maybe wink.gif
xitspd
ohmy.gif Craig, I want to book a suite for the evenings of the 7th, 8th and the 9th. Do I just go ahead and do it directly with the hotel? Thanks... Dan
boxstr
Okay for those who wish to make reservations. Contact the Monarch Motor hotel 800-492-8700, reference the WEST COAST CLASSIC CAR CLUB meet July 7-9 2006.
Another phone number is 503-652-1515
Craig
Porsche Rescue
Bump
914werke
That's icon_bump.gif Jim, biggrin.gif
reverie
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searc...ate=OR&zipcode=

It's a great location, and very easy to get to. smile.gif
spare time toys
So has any one made reservations yet?
rick 918-S
Here's my route... Holy Crap! Can some shrink my picture??? ohmy.gif
spare time toys
Hey your going right past Ottertail MN stomping ground of my youth smilie_pokal.gif
Porsche Rescue
Rick, that looks like the polar route. You may need sled dogs.
Flat VW
QUOTE (boxstr @ Oct 6 2005, 09:37 AM)
Okay for those who wish to make reservations. Contact the Monarch Motor hotel 800-492-8700, reference the WEST COAST CLASSIC CAR CLUB meet July 7-9 2006.
Another phone number is 503-652-1515
Craig

booked, cool_shades.gif

John wavey.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 21 2005, 02:17 PM)
gary, for those that like to live life on the edge, is that micro brewery still in business right in gov camp? i woke up with a pounder after a session in there years ago. jumps from heights ohmy.gif , with big rubberbands tied to my ankles is not my idea of fun.

k

Yes, the brewery is still there!

I'll have two 914's there, mine and Blairs

Rich, that route thru North Dakota and Montana sucks ......nothing there cept dirt til you get to western Montana. From there to Portland its beautiful! popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.