Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 RC body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
djm914-6
That sounds like a lot of money. My bet is that it's a nitro chassis he's talking about and you will need to buy some support equipment. Most likely you'll need fuel, fuel bulb, glow igniter and maybe a starter box if it's not a pull start. I'd question how the motor would sit under the 914 body. I wouldn't be surprised if you'll end up cutting the trunk for the heat sink. Then you would need to cut the windshield for better airflow to the motor.

I'll stick to electric myself. I have my nitro toy already for when I need a lot of speed. 25-30 is fast enough for me to show off at car shows and events.
PorschePony
Maybe it is too much. I am getting some info on it sent to see what it is. I never thought it wasn't electric. I never RC'd before. All I saw was the 55mph, and was hooked.

Sounds like you are a RC'er, about how much is it going to be to get the M4 chassis ($110), bearings ($40), controls, and all of the crap we never know about?

ed
djm914-6
Demick, you are right about the M-02L that comes with the Boxster and Carrera fitting the 914. I didn't realize there was a "L" and non "L" version until I reread that page. I wonder if there is a reason for going to the mono shock set up. Will low bodies fit the M-04L? I can't see why not.

Ed, My HPI RS4 3SS .12 Nitro with two speed tranny tops out at 48MPH according to the magazines and that is pretty quick. Some better Nitro cars will go up to $75 stock, but that's with a larger .21 power plant and a 3 speed tranny. While it'[s possable they exist, I hav never seen a RTR electric top 30MPH. If it does have a 2 speed tranny, that's good for another 5-10MPH The Price for the M-04L is the same as I quoted earlier for the Boxster. A nice set up with good parts will run you about $234. Yes, to that you can add bearings, ELectronic Speed controler, better batteries, better motor etc. but you don't need to. If you've never done RC before or haven't in awhile, 25MPH will seem pretty quick in your average driveway or street. Remember, to the car, that seems like 250MPH. Most people way over estimate the speeds these little cars go because their deminutive (sp?) size makes them seem much faster. Now if you really want a 55MPH monster, go right ahead. I'll be more than happy to keep painting bodies for you. biggrin.gif
seanery
I have a .21 in my Traxas. It's a 2 speed all wheel drive, it's pretty sweet.

One winter I painted up about 6 bodies, I love coming up with trick ways to paint them.
It's different to do since you're painting the inside surface and can't paint over any mistakes.
Mueller
I'll have to see if I can adapt my 914 body to my Shumacher electric AWD car !!!!!
racerbvd
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Feb 13 2003, 08:55 AM)
Byron, I believe they're 16.5 Euro.

IOW, Just under $20 USD (depending on the daily exchange) + shipping costs.

Thanks for the price, I'm in. Tell me, how did you get a picture of my car??
Curvie Roadlover
I'd like in on this too if it's not too late. Just 1 for me please. Tell me where and when to send the $
914Timo
Sorry, bad news. I send an e-mail/order to the shop about week ago. I just got the reply: devil.gif

hello !

very thanks for your mail from Februar 11.
The body Porsche 916 ist not availible.
The Carson Company dont produce this body.
We delete it inthe next days from our Page.

best regards
Hans Witkowski

hanged.gif
PorschePony
Bummer!

My guy is still trying to get a confirmation on his order, so that may be the problem!

He is dealing with Carson direct, so maybe they have a few laying around...
Jeroen
Maybe I can send mine to Timo and he can do some funky lay-ups in carbon fiber biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen

PS... Timo, I haven't forgotten about you, just haven't found the time yet
jtf914
Thanks for the update. That SUCKS ar15.gif
PorschePony
If we want to get a mold mocked up, should we use your clone body, or try to start at a with a model, such as the model made by VRC of Germany, which as a good detailed body. Would a clone of a clone be loosing more details, porporations, etc?

What is the process to get a model or clone converted? Could you just use the clone, fill it and make a mold from it directly?
914Timo
Jeroen, no problems....

I think it would be good idea to be in contact to the manufacturer. He might be interested in making a serie if somebody ordered 20-30 pieces. beer.gif
PorschePony
Just got an email from my distributor saying they do have them (at least our 60 pcs) and he'll have a delivery date in a few days! So we are back on if everybody is still interested.

So does everybody still want them?
echocanyons
AYUP

2 914 bodies
and
2 356 bodies
Rouser
I'm still up for one (1) 914-type body, and will go to two (2) bodies if sources allow.

I have all the electrics (radio, motors, etc), but what would be the best (actually, cheapest) chassis that would fit this body / wheelbase? BoLINK? HPI? Associated? Losi? Or will I have to go Tamiya exclusively?

BoLINK has a Sport 2000 kit / chassis with adjustable wheelbase; might this work?

IPB Image
kafermeister
Yep, I'm still in for 1 914 body.

Rick
Curvie Roadlover
I'd still like one.
Mueller
Count me in for two....... mueba.gif
PorschePony
Sounds like we can get it going. The distributor says they are delivered 3 weeks after ordered.

Starting Friday. I'll have my paypal setup and make the post for where and how much.

I'll order after the min qty is reached.
Mike9142.0
I am still in for one.
jonwatts
I'll pass. Need to focus on parts for the real car in the coming months. Besides, I can always buy one off Mueller at a discount in the future wink.gif
rick 918-S
Hey! is it too late to get in on this? I want a 916. I don't have pay pal but I'd send someone a check that does. confused24.gif
Gary
Still about $20 a piece?

If so, I'll take two for now...
djm914-6
I'm still on for atleast 5. If possable I'd like 2 356s too. Don't forget to order the sticker sets too as they have a different stock number it seems.
jtf914
I'm still in for 2
mikerose
I am still in for (1) 914 body
BS Chairman
yes, I still want 1
Dave_Darling
Ed, I think you should start a separate topic for the re-instituted group buy. Just to make sure you still have people "in".

That said, I'm still in for one. I prefer stock-type fenders, but will take flares if that's what's available. No stickers. I do not have Pay Pal, though.

If there are tiny (3" length or less) ones available, I will want to get some of those. We'd have to discuss that off the BBS, though.

--DD
Bleyseng
I am still in for one, prefer the one with flares but will take whatever is available. I have Paypal too.
Geoff clap56.gif
si2t3m
I still want it.
Count me in for 2.

I have paypal also.

Marc-Andre
Gint
I don't know how you're gonna keep track of this stuff, but....

I'd still like one.

And Dave, I'm still in for one from you painted.
Aaron Cox
I still want 1!!!!!!!
rhaas
I still want one also!!
Eddie Williams
I'm still in for 1, maybe2 if the we need to make up a minimum order
PorschePony
OK, Here is how I see we do this.

Send Me an email to esecrest@ameritech.net With the Subject: "Car Body". INclude your email address, qty desired, and your ship to address.

I can go into the paypal and send you a bill for the qty you want and adjusted shipping.

If you want it pay it. You click on the bill and pay anyway you want per their instructions.

As I receive the pmts, I'll post the running total. The distributor wanted 40+ as a minimum to start.

As we reach the 40 mark, I'll place the order and it will be 3 weeks to get them.

The costing will be as posted before. I'll start the new post area with it again.

The above gives you a receipt, and keeps everybody covered.
Chris914n6
It is my intention to make a mold of one body.

Call it a lesson learned in trying to restore to use a 10 years old Tamiya car... mad.gif 50-100 bucks on ebay when they're there. ohmy.gif

PS. looking for a Tamiya Nissan King Cab body in decent condition. driving.gif

Chris
914n6
Aaron Cox
what is the current order status?
havent heard from you lately huh.gif
Aaron Cox
bump....

no one knows?
rick 918-S
Ya, Whats the count? some of us sent money.. How about an update. wavey.gif
Aaron Cox
i sent a check for the amount.....beeen a while since we heard from you ed
djm914-6
I haven't seen Ed post on the boards in awhile, I assume he's busy doing other things. I sent him a message last night asking about availability. He said that he called the Rep and was told the order should have arrived by now. Should be here this week... maybe.
Aaron Cox
bump.

its been a week...how bout an update? mellow.gif
PorschePony
I'm still here. Here is where I am at...

I have been told that that they were to be shipped from Germany a few weeks ago. I posted that to you. Since then I have been hounding the distributor wanting status. He keeps saying that they are overdue and was part of other orders that they are late on.

I ordered a lot of extras, so I have a lot of personal money invested as well as yours! I am really frustrated with the wait, just as you are.

If I don't have bodies in the state by Monday, I am going to after the distributor to get our money back. This is taking a lot more time than I thought, and I will follow it through, so don't think I am in Cosomel, sipping drinks on your money!
VegasRacer
I know it is hard to be patient.
International mail delivery is very inconsistant.
Some items arrive in days. Some take weeks to months.
I send/receive many packages to/from Europe.
A few have been lost. 80% of my deals are to Germany.
They always have made it - eventually.

Please put me down to two of the extras when they do get here.
Aaron Cox
thanks for tyhe update! sorry for beung a little imapcient sad.gif
rick 918-S
It's not like we need the things. Just looking for a progress report. Looks like your upset. Hope not with us.. The little money is not the issue. We blow more than that on coktails in an evening. Thanks for the update. wavey.gif
PorschePony
I'm not mad at you guys, I'm mad WITH you guys.

I bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff to get ready for getting into R/C. I went overboard with a custom trailer, a 4x4 USA-1 truck to tow it, a 4WD chassis, etc. It is better setup than my real car!

So, I'm just trying to get this resolved so we can play. I'm knee deep in V6 conversion now and won't have the time to enjoy it.
jtf914
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ May 30 2003, 09:50 AM)
The little money is not the issue. We blow more than that on coktails in an evening. Thanks for the update. wavey.gif

Same here! I'm willing to wait on the bodies, just wanted a progress report.
djm914-6
Not me. I'm pissed at Ed. I need these bodies for resale and he promised to get them to me in time for Hershey... a month ago. I demand action! devil.gif

Sorry Ed, I'm still trying find some payback for our meeting at Hershey and the game you played on me. smile.gif The above is just a joke! BTW, I have a shirt drawn with your car on it and am just waiting for some compressor parts so I can start painting again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.