Full Version: Rebuilding my race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Andyrew
Amazing work!!!

Andrew
slugmika
Thanks for your kind words biggrin.gif
weekend is over, finally. We had a lot of problems but really good news is that rear suspension works like i planned.
Bad news is that even thought i was taking extra care not to damage my car it got hitted twice by one 928 S.
Here's the result, sorry Dan sad.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image
slugmika
Oh, one more thing, i won my first trophy, jiihaa. I was the fastest of the few Roadsports including V8's
grasshopper
damn! that sucks bigtime sad.gif your suspension is amazing!
Jeroen
damn... what a sorry sight sad.gif
jd74914
Mika, the suspension is really impressive.

I think the car is a crash magnet tho
slugmika
Yes, i was wondering that crash magnet thing too. Maybe i'am too low and small? I was starting behind Renault Clio (tiny car) and wasn't able to see starting lights. Door is quite bad and that Callicott Motorsport quarter panel really needs lot of work to get it nice. Oil tank has a hole in it and as you can see, it needs some straightening. Oh well, atleast i get a change to test my new AC/DC Tig.

Mika
Aaron Cox
F A W K!!!

paint a big meatball or target on it! jeez that blows....

hope you can get it sorted out! next time order spare FG parts LOL
slugmika
Thanks to Slits i'am getting my new doors quite soon.
Loaned drivers side door from my "street car" project.
rear quarter is fixed. Transparent areas are fixed. Still need to fix the oil tank and some smaller things. I made a new part also, even the made in germany can be seen.
This time next week we will have baby so i need to work hard.

Mika
Mike Bellis
This thread needs a icon_bump.gif

Any updates?
kid914
QUOTE(slugmika @ Dec 29 2005, 04:55 AM) *

I had to make it public. That's the only way i'am going to get anything done.
So, i had to convert my rear suspension to multi link, raise the front suspension, built a new pedalbox, rebuilt the engine and tranny, make attachemets for new fg flared rear and front fenders, make a new carbon top, glue the new heated windshield, paint the car and lots of other stuff.

I will post pictures when ever i have any progress.

Here is the starting point
IPB Image
hub's are attached to table

IPB Image
lower part of the new front

i'll put more pictures later

Where did you get your front bumper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.