Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Pull in San Diego
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
cbenitah
im using the search engine, but somewho it doesnt like my spelling, im using the dictionary from now on!

So according to you clayton we would have brought my car back to life after one weeks worth of work av-943.gif let me find a University thats closer to you wavey.gif poke.gif piratenanner.gif

well, its time for bed, this day has been a good and productive one, now I dont have time to do anything until friday...

Darn.. (always liked that word haha)
cbenitah
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Feb 26 2006, 09:58 PM)

Don't start till you read the thread... it will save you time.. Did me!!!!

too late, all i got was 5 bolts out mueba.gif then i decided to call it a day since the sunset was closing in on me
Aaron Cox
pulling a dash....

look in the "classics" forum.

iirc - grashopper did a writeup on removing a dash......

takes 20 min if you know where the hidden nuts are smile.gif
Twystd1
Uh hUh..

He said hidden nuts..... kewl......
MattR
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 26 2006, 10:45 PM)
takes 20 min if you know where the hidden nuts are smile.gif

AND you have the right tools.

A 1/4" drive ratchet, a few extensions, and a swivel joint or two make this job much easier.
cbenitah
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 26 2006, 11:41 PM)

A 1/4" drive ratchet, a few extensions, and a swivel joint or two make this job much easier.

when i get the chance ill post a pic of the tools i have access to.. you will laugh your asses off.. but hey, one gotta start somewhere right...
MattR
QUOTE (cbenitah @ Feb 26 2006, 11:54 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 26 2006, 11:41 PM)

when i get the chance ill post a pic of the tools i have access to.. you will laugh your asses off.. but hey, one gotta start somewhere right...

SLITS has a nice red toolbox for sale.........
cbenitah
so the car is at Los Panchos..
Thanks John Rogers for coming with me today! smilie_pokal.gif
cbenitah
k, here it is...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Aaron Cox
sorry man - you got taken advantage of sheeplove.gif ohmy.gif

no big deal. a life lesson to ya tho smile.gif

cant wait to see it tho!
TINCAN914
I could be wrong, but it looks a bit high....I don't know all, but I think you might have paid that here..
john rogers
I was watching the estimator at Los Ponchos today while he was looking at Chris's car and there were several areas that were going to need metal sections cut out and hand made replacements, such as the passenger side of the windshield, front bottom of the passenger side sail area and door were rusted through, four or five sections where the front and rear trunk seals sit were nearly completely missing and finally removing the pinched seam at the rear of the targa bar as the trim will be left off. That last part is sort of like removing the drip rails on a 911 or other coupe. The cutting of the fenders and putting on the flares, rockers and front/rear bumper assemblies will take about a week or more total to fit it up and make it fit well. I know, because I did mine and it took me about a week of evenings since I wanted to go slow and not screw things up. I would estimate it will take a total of 100 to 120 hours to get everthing done including the paint, so figure what fab shop labor is here in CA and then compare the bill Chris got and his would probably come out a bit lower?! I checked a while ago when asking about having a fabricator put on my f/g doors and he said $75 per hour minumum rate and higher if any machine work or welding was involved.
TINCAN914
I didn't realize the extent of the body work. Spoke out of turn. If it is that extensive, then that seems fair.
From what I have seen, they do great work.. wink.gif
Dr Evil
Ya, at first I thought it was high, but now that John explained all of the body work going down it makes a lot more sense.

Allan
3350.00 pesos is only 316 dollars. Killer deal!!! biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 5 2006, 07:56 AM)
Ya, at first I thought it was high, but now that John explained all of the body work going down it makes a lot more sense.

agree.gif

sixnotfour
The Whole deal bodywork and paint is 316.00US ?
Unfreakingbelievable, UP here a good deal on a freshly blasted car with little bodywork is 3000.00US
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Mar 5 2006, 12:11 PM)
The Whole deal bodywork and paint is 316.00US ?
Unfreakingbelievable, UP here a good deal on a freshly blasted car with little bodywork is 3000.00US

no. he is nearing 4 grand
sixnotfour
3350.00 pesos is only 316 dollars. Killer deal!!!  

Headrage beer.gif

Lookin Good Christopher
cbenitah
I'm finally going down tomorrow to take a look at the work. and give them some new instructions.. finally found the paint code i was looking for. dunno how much they have done. anyone been down there lately?

is anyone going tomorrow BTW?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.