Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what was your first car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Brando
My first was a 1973 Ghia Coupe. Pearl White, Disc brake conversion, 3/4" sways front and rear, IRS, rebuilt trans w/ short-shift kit. My dad bought it with a 2370cc engine. With the dual carbs that thing ate tires and turns. With the obnoxiously loud monza styled exhaust it was a blast. We swapped in a fully rebuilt dual-port 1600cc engine which I threw some dual kadrons on. That thing still lit up the tires in 2nd gear biggrin.gif

Wrecked it one morning after going out and gambling. I won $1000 that night, following morning lost the car sad.gif

vertigo
1935 Dodge Brothers buisness coupe.
TJB/914
My first car, Hmmmm, these are all my first loves.

33 Ford w/Olds motor
29 Ford Hi-Boy with full Flathead (later Chev SB)
53 Ford w/Chrysler Hemi

Tom
BTW. I am a little older than most of you, so the young ones don't know what they are looking at. Motor oil is in my blood.
messix
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 30 2006, 07:41 AM) *

My first car, Hmmmm, these are all my first loves.

33 Ford w/Olds motor
29 Ford Hi-Boy with full Flathead (later Chev SB)
53 Ford w/Chrysler Hemi

Tom
BTW. I am a little older than most of you, so the young ones don't know what they are looking at. Motor oil is in my blood.

we have our Godfather.

a true original hot rodder. pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
degreeoff
1970 fugly green Plymouth Valiant w/a slant 6......damn good car, the first of my 17 yrs of driving and 20 some odd autos....
Hybrid_Teener
'94 integra. Still got it =D
Jack Daniels
First car, 1970 Ford Maverick. This was about 1977 when I first started driving.

IPB Image
jd74914
74 914 (which still isn't on the road . . . it will drive by the end on the month biggrin.gif )

The first car that I really drive anywhere in is my trusty 94 Ford F150
byndbad914
one of those guys that had a billion cars already... and grew up in the midwest so plenty of rust...

first car was really 3 cars, my uncle gave me two 68 Galaxy 500s (on parts and one with a 390 and C6 auto) and a 64 Galaxy 500 2dr hardtop with 289 and 3-on-the-tree that was found in a field - full of mice and such, but after sitting for something like 15yrs, a little gas in the carb and fired right up. Beat the living crap out of both cars and would shoot through ditches at 50mph with the six-four single handedly inventing "redneck drifting" blink.gif My friends would be freaking out and looking back, understandably so! PO of the 64 said it would do 72mph in 2nd, so I went for it and held that 289 at valve-float for over a mile at 68mph one time!! Stupid 16yr old, but long live the 289! Ford man ever since.

Then my asshole dad kept them since he titled them in his name (needless to say we didn't have the best of relationships cool_shades.gif ), so my first official car in my name was a 70 Mustang coupe with a 302/C4. Blew it up within a year as I would do one-wheel-peels for blocks with crazy wheel hop. I drove it wide open to school nearly every day - not joking at all - at 118mph. I was absolutely nuts.

Somewhere along the line I grew up - more or less smile.gif .
carr914
74 Volvo 144 GL. The 2nd Volvo spoken for. Didn't look exciting, but I drove the snot out that car. I credit driving that car in ice and snow for knowing how to slide a car around. I gave up her at about 190,000 miles mainly due no a/c and I had moved from Watkins Glen to Tampa

T.C.
mikelsr
1963 International Scout with short cab. My grandfather's lumber yard owned it and he gave it to me when I was 16 or 17 (of course it didn't run very well when I got it).
lotus_65
1979/80
First car I owned was a '73 spitfire, maybe a 1600cc straight 4.

followed by a cool 2-door 1969 dart gt. 318 small block automatic, but had the coolest turn signals and badges you can imagine. i bought it from the estate of my elderly neighbor in ann arbor michigan.

i sure miss that dart.Click to view attachment
kpex914
'79 chevy pick-up
Jake Raby
IPB Image

There is mine lying peacefully in my boneyard...
bd1308
jake, busses.....they are calling for me.....

b
guywan914
1961 Ford Falcon, got it when I was 14 got it running did some work to it and sold it when I was 15 to buy a 1965 ford mustang. Thought I would drive the Mustang when I got my license but somebody made me an offer I couldn't refuse. When I did get my license I had purchased a 1965 dodge van with a slant six. The old hippiemobile you couldn't kill
solex
75' Fuel Injected Standard Beetle.

The FI engine was too expensive to fix on a college students budget, this is where I rebuilt my first engine. It was a carburated engine with frozen pistons that I found in a friends yard. The car was ridden hard for 3 years.
ppickerell
1959 MGA IN 1973. What a car!
cooltimes
1951 Hudson Hornet. Maroon. Fast too.
Thought it was a 49 but just remembered it was a 51. I am 70. Senile too. beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.