Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The official Mike Wills 3.2 Conversion Thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
LuckieO
And...
LuckieO
And...
LuckieO
Last...
Series9
I think Luck missed her calling as a photo journalist. Yawn. blink.gif yellowsleep[1].gif poke.gif
LuckieO
QUOTE(Series9 @ Sep 21 2006, 04:50 PM) *

I think Luck missed her calling as a photo journalist. Yawn. blink.gif yellowsleep[1].gif poke.gif

Wish you could be here too...f-off...
Trevorg7
QUOTE(LuckieO @ Sep 21 2006, 05:48 PM) *

Last...

But did he drive it? Or should I say has he stopped driving yet?

T
LuckieO
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Sep 21 2006, 04:56 PM) *

QUOTE(LuckieO @ Sep 21 2006, 05:48 PM) *

Last...

But did he drive it? Or should I say has he stopped driving yet?

T

Yes, he drove it through Jemez Springs for lunch. He seems to really be enjoying the new engine. He said at one point, "Wow, this is what Porsche should have done with this car in the first place!" I think that is a sign of approval. clap56.gif
Series9
He put about 100 miles on it today.
Series9
QUOTE(LuckieO @ Sep 21 2006, 06:55 PM) *

Oh yeah, I was just thinking that the half-hour I just spent telling you how to post pictures was a half-hour of my life I can never get back. bootyshake.gif
LuckieO
QUOTE(Series9 @ Sep 21 2006, 05:02 PM) *

QUOTE(LuckieO @ Sep 21 2006, 06:55 PM) *

Oh yeah, I was just thinking that the half-hour I just spent telling you how to post pictures was a half-hour of my life I can never get back. bootyshake.gif

Okay, funny guy, the next time you ask me to take some pictures, the answer is no. chair.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(LuckieO @ Sep 21 2006, 05:44 PM) *

So, here are some pics of Mike cleaning his "new" car...

And...

And...

And...

Oh No. w00t.gif He's got Fergitis.
MoveQik
Project recap -

After getting some miles in on the car for RRC I can't express how fun my car is. It had some problems getting there but I think it was a fluke and throwing a car that had just been converted to a 3.2 on a long road trip is a lot to ask. The problems were fairly easily remedied.

I received countless compliments(and an award!!) for the work Joe did. It really did turn out nice. If given the choice, I would do it again.

I have some minor motor issues that aren't related to the conversion. As soon as I get those buttoned up, the car will be good to go!

So to anyone considering a six conversion, I say sell your kids, your house...what ever it takes to get it done. It is worth every cent and more. biggrin.gif burnout.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 21 2006, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(LuckieO @ Sep 21 2006, 05:44 PM) *

So, here are some pics of Mike cleaning his "new" car...

Oh No. w00t.gif He's got Fergitis.

Not quite at the apprentice level yet. He used a hard wired brush to scrub the dirt off the paint at the car wash on Saturday poke.gif
laugh.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Sep 25 2006, 11:06 AM) *

Not quite at the apprentice level yet. He used a hard wired brush to scrub the dirt off the paint at the car wash on Saturday poke.gif
laugh.gif

Perhaps you should try the same. That way Steve and your wife might think you have a nicer looking car? biggrin.gif
MoveQik
I sent this email to Joe but thought I should post it here too:

Joe,

As you already know, I am thrilled with my car. Please feel confident to have any prospective clients call me for a reference. I will be glad to give you a great review. I think you did a great job on my car and I thought you were very easy to work with. From what started with a simple PM(I still have it) asking if you would have any interest in taking on a real client to the finished product, there were no miscommunications or surprises related to the conversion work. I think that says a lot considering you are new to being a “real shop” and you started with a very mechanically challenged client. It could have very easily been a complete recipe for disaster. Have 100% confidence that I will have nothing but good things to say about your work when asked about it.

I look forward to hauling ass and drinking a lot of beers with you guys for many years to come.

MW

Series9
Thanks Mike.
Leo Imperial
Wow!
He said you were easy to work with poke.gif

Just kidding.

SERIES9 Rocks!!!

Gint
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Sep 25 2006, 11:44 AM) *

Project recap -

After getting some miles in on the car for RRC I can't express how fun my car is. It had some problems getting there but I think it was a fluke and throwing a car that had just been converted to a 3.2 on a long road trip is a lot to ask. The problems were fairly easily remedied.

I received countless compliments(and an award!!) for the work Joe did. It really did turn out nice. If given the choice, I would do it again.

I have some minor motor issues that aren't related to the conversion. As soon as I get those buttoned up, the car will be good to go!

So to anyone considering a six conversion, I say sell your kids, your house...what ever it takes to get it done. It is worth every cent and more. biggrin.gif burnout.gif

And with the throttle anywhere near the floor it's an absolute blast!

Nice car Mike. - AND - Good workJoe.
Series9
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 27 2006, 05:58 PM) *

And with the throttle anywhere near the floor it's an absolute blast!

Nice car Mike. - AND - Good workJoe.

The 'symptom' disappeared after a fuel stop in Flagstaff, so we're thinking it was the ground on the fuel cap. huh.gif
Madswede
I realize this is a rather old thread, but I was feeling nostalgic for the day when I first went to a 914 club event (that was the Moab trip Mike's 3.2 debuted at), albeit with my 968. That trip really introduced me to so many really nice 914s that I swore to one day have one myself. That was the inspiration that has ultimately led to my own 914 3.2 project by Series9 that's nearing completion and will debut in just under two months at Rt66 Classic 2013! shades.gif

Browsing through this thread sure brought back some memories (can't believe I walked around with that haircut barf.gif ) especially the delivery of the 3.2! It's hard to believe Joe worked so well out of that little garage - I'm planning on what to move/get rid of in order to fit both the 968 and the 914 in there come April. blink.gif

But the main reason I went through this thread again was that I wanted to look at Mike's gauges since I'm probably getting the same thing. sunglasses.gif

Time warp over.
sixnotfour
Way to go ...like Wills head isnt big enough??
MoveQik
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 7 2013, 05:46 PM) *

Way to go ...like Wills head isnt big enough??

grouphug.gif
mepstein
smile.gif
mepstein
This thread was what made me decide on a 3.2 for my car. I've probably read it 1/2 dozen times. smile.gif
sixnotfour
3.2 Engine 5750
Wiring harness 400
Headers 325
Sheet metal 350
Ceramic coating 250
Flywheel & bolts 430
Motor mount 200
Muffler gaskets 10
Exhaust gaskets 24
Fuel pump 110
Oxygen sensor 140
Clutch 272
3.2 Tach 80
Oil Tank 650
Neck & filler 200
Triple gauge 130
Exhaust 525
Oil Tank/Throttle Mods 400
Oil Cooler, fans, lines 700
$10946

icon_bump.gif Wills 10yrs ago...prices pretty much the same Except the Engine price has doubled,and needs work $$
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.