Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The official Mike Wills 3.2 Conversion Thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
MoveQik
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 17 2006, 07:09 PM) *

I'm pretty sure that won't go over very well with Liz. She did a great job doing the shit work on HER car, but ........

Never hurts to ask..... biggrin.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jul 17 2006, 07:19 PM) *

I'm pretty sure that won't go over very well with Liz. She did a great job doing the shit work on HER car, but ........

never hurts to ask... from a ways away! My mom has a seriously wicked backhand!
biggrin.gif
Gint
QUOTE(dinomium @ Jul 18 2006, 12:55 AM) *

QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jul 17 2006, 07:19 PM) *

never hurts to ask... from a ways away! My mom has a seriously wicked backhand!
biggrin.gif

av-943.gif

Let's start a fund to send Dino's mom to Arizona to backhand Mike!
AZ914
Mike.. is that baby going to be ready for the drive up to the RRC?
MoveQik
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 18 2006, 08:41 AM) *

Mike.. is that baby going to be ready for the drive up to the RRC?

That is the plan! burnout.gif
GTeener
clap56.gif beautiful lads!

I'm jealous Mike burnout.gif

if that engine doesn't work out for ya, let me know, OK? av-943.gif
John
I used my STOCK 1984 flywheel and only used the starter ring, clutch and pressure plate in my recent conversion.

I already had all my parts from the previous 3.2 conversion (it was a 1987 engine). Back when we did the first one, KEP needed to do something to the 87 flywheel to make it work with the starter ring he provided.

The starter ring slipped right into my 1984 flywheel.

The last conversion had the KEP parts removed when it went back to using a 915/916 gearbox.

just my $0.02
MoveQik
QUOTE(GTeener @ Jul 18 2006, 10:29 AM) *

I'm jealous Mike burnout.gif

if that engine doesn't work out for ya, let me know, OK? av-943.gif

Gwen,

If I'm not happy with the car, you can have it...for free. Just come out here and pick it up. It's yours to keep. IF I'm not happy with it.... av-943.gif
Trevorg7
My car wants to be like Mike's when it grows up!

Nice work.

T
GTeener
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jul 18 2006, 01:39 PM) *

If I'm not happy with the car, you can have it...for free. Just come out here and pick it up. It's yours to keep. IF I'm not happy with it.... av-943.gif

I can tell already you're not going to be happy with it. So, I guess I better plan on a flight out to AZ soon, huh?

av-943.gif
Series9
Ready for the 5-bolt parts:

Series9
Front too:

Series9
I bet this stuff is for sale. Contact Mike.

Series9
And:

Series9
Last. A nice 1.8 w/L Jet still on board:

MoveQik
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 19 2006, 04:07 PM) *

I bet this stuff is for sale. Contact Mike.

I'll bet that Joe is right. Anything coming off the car not being used for the 3.2 is officially for sale. Motor, suspension, rotors...you know the drill. Just shoot me an email or PM so this thread doesn't turn into a classified ad. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Good grief Joe, at least photoshop those pics before you post them. My car is a filthy mess. icon8.gif
Flat VW
How much for the drill? wacko.gif

John
MoveQik
QUOTE(Flat VW @ Jul 19 2006, 04:19 PM) *

John

slap.gif
SLITS
I guess I should have shipped those redrilled rear hubs....bummer....I'm so lazy...... yellowsleep[1].gif
Series9
And it's been pressure washed already.

There was a mudslide in Moab. The RS looks the same. huh.gif

QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jul 19 2006, 05:19 PM) *

Good grief Joe, at least photoshop those pics before you post them. My car is a filthy mess. icon8.gif

Series9
What drill? confused24.gif

QUOTE(Flat VW @ Jul 19 2006, 05:19 PM) *

John

MoveQik
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 19 2006, 07:26 PM) *

What drill? confused24.gif

QUOTE(Flat VW @ Jul 19 2006, 05:19 PM) *

John

Re-read post 66...you'll get it.
Ferg
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 19 2006, 06:20 PM) *

And it's been pressure washed already.

There was a mudslide in Moab. The RS looks the same. huh.gif

QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jul 19 2006, 05:19 PM) *

That's last years Moab mud! head_hurts_kr.gif Have I not taught you people anything rolleyes.gif

Ferg beerchug.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 19 2006, 07:19 PM) *

That's last years Moab mud! head_hurts_kr.gif Have I not taught you people anything rolleyes.gif

Ferg beerchug.gif

you've taught me that it's easier to sell your car than wash it. chairfall.gif
Gint
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 19 2006, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 19 2006, 07:19 PM) *

Ferg beerchug.gif

you've taught me that it's easier to sell your car than wash it. chairfall.gif

av-943.gif
AZ914
Ok, so this begs the question.....

WHICH RIMS ARE GOING ON? biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 20 2006, 08:54 AM) *

Ok, so this begs the question.....

WHICH RIMS ARE GOING ON? biggrin.gif

The plan is Fuchs, like your avatar. Size still to be determined. I plan to go 100% polished or chrome. BLING! cool.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jul 20 2006, 09:03 AM) *

The plan is Fuchs, like your avatar. Size still to be determined. I plan to go 100% polished or chrome. BLING! cool.gif

Nice! I'd go with polished over chrome... Always have to worry about chipping/flaking etc. But thats just my opinion.

I'm running 16x6 with 205/55-16 (very close to stock rolling diameter) on all corners. 225s will fit on 7's but you may need to roll the lips or pull the fenders a bit.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the progress. clap56.gif
Greg Bell
You are building my dream car. I did not realize the 901 transmission could keep up with the 3.2.

driving.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Greg Bell @ Jul 28 2006, 07:59 AM) *

You are building my dream car. I did not realize the 901 transmission could keep up with the 3.2.

driving.gif

Some will argue that it won't/shouldn't. I don't plan on putting the car on the track so I think I'll be fine. If not, I'll step up when needed.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jul 20 2006, 09:41 AM) *

Nice! I'd go with polished over chrome... Always have to worry about chipping/flaking etc. But thats just my opinion.

I'm running 16x6 with 205/55-16 (very close to stock rolling diameter) on all corners. 225s will fit on 7's but you may need to roll the lips or pull the fenders a bit.

do not chrome fuchs please....

search on pelican... it kinda weakens the wheel IIRC, and they will always flake later on.

hit me up for a possible deal at al reeds....

AA
GTeener
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 28 2006, 09:11 AM) *

search on pelican... it kinda weakens the wheel IIRC, and they will always flake later on.

AA

Trust me, you'll be happier with polished. It looks like the bling bling chrome and you won't have to hassle with chrome flaking. Ask me how I know biggrin.gif
jasons

AA

agree.gif

Every set I have seen were flaking.

AA, I'm gonna hit you up for that Al Reed deal when I secure some 7's and 8's. piratenanner.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(jasons @ Jul 28 2006, 10:08 AM) *

AA

agree.gif

Every set I have seen were flaking.

AA, I'm gonna hit you up for that Al Reed deal when I secure some 7's and 8's. piratenanner.gif

Weidman Wheels in Oroville did my wheels and they are great!
Talk to Harvey 530-534-7903
Series9
5-bolt:

Series9
Test fit Cookie w/205/50-15:

Series9
last:

MoveQik
smilie_pokal.gif ....if that yellow matched it wouldn't look half bad like that!
AZ914
Nice!
Series9
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jul 28 2006, 05:11 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif ....if that yellow matched it wouldn't look half bad like that!

I love Cookies on a 914. They fit on Mike's car, but the rotors are not yet installed. It's going to be TIGHT. The cool thing about 914s is that if the tire fits, it fits. If you can only get a piece of paper between the fender and the tire, that's cool, it fits.

I have some reservation that these will fit with the rotors installed.

More to follow.....
Leo Imperial
They fit on my stock fenders, but that color is the worst laugh.gif
Series9
Gauges arrived:

VegasRacer
set his rev limiter at 3500
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jul 28 2006, 07:58 PM) *

set his rev limiter at 3500

slap.gif
VegasRacer
to high? cool.gif
xitspd
Joe, Micheal

Wow! Looking good! Micheal POLISH, no chrome. My old 555 race car pic attached.

Dan
MoveQik
QUOTE(xitspd @ Jul 28 2006, 08:13 PM) *

Joe, Micheal

Wow! Looking good! Micheal POLISH, no chrome. My old 555 race car pic attached.

Dan

Dan,

That is EXACTLY what I am going with. Looks great!!
TravisNeff
All you need is a little milk to go with those cookies, lol
John
Are you really using those valve cover gaskets? I tried those once and went back to the stock type valve cover gaskets. I had troubles with them wanting to squish out and not feeling comfortable that I had the nuts tight enough.

You like them?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.