Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live update (Sat) Andy's car/Cellete bench
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JMDAZED
QUOTE(Luke M @ Jan 9 2021, 05:55 PM) *

Spent the day getting the rear half mounted and setup on the car. Looks pretty good.
I ran out of mounting hardware so off to the home depot or Ace on Sunday.
Got the cross beams for the front end figured out so just need to drill, weld, and bolt down. That's another days project but slowly getting there.

That looks like it works well!
JMDAZED
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 8 2021, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(JMDAZED @ Jan 8 2021, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 8 2021, 05:28 AM) *

Are these fixtures available to rent from someone?

Clay

Scott Yeaman borrowed the green tipped fixtures from a shop in Oakland. Scott owns the bench and the rest of the pieces and they are in Palo Alto.

So you work at Yeamans shop? Does he still have his /6 with the 3.0? Always a fun car to drive. I have not seen Scott in years since he repaired my '91 964.

He still has his 6. It's all repainted and he needs to put it all together.
JMDAZED
Fenders are being welded on now.
930cabman
Dumb question: Lets suppose our rusted out 914 is secured to a frame bench and all the new parts/pieces/assemblies are welded in place with little regard to heat induced distortion. The chassis is removed from the frame bench, will any built up stresses from much welding create stress cracks or will the "straightened chassis" move from internal stresses?

thanks
rick 918-S
QUOTE(930cabman @ Jan 12 2021, 06:47 PM) *

Dumb question: Lets suppose our rusted out 914 is secured to a frame bench and all the new parts/pieces/assemblies are welded in place with little regard to heat induced distortion. The chassis is removed from the frame bench, will any built up stresses from much welding create stress cracks or will the "straightened chassis" move from internal stresses?

thanks

No questions are dumb if you do not have experience with the subject. You would still take precautions while welding. You can build in distortion even while on fixtures. The less likely method is the pinch or spot welder. Same thing with mig spot welding. You would still use common sense. Specially on the upper body where you may not have the best bracing.
Arno914
Great work, Luke!

As far as I know, you need the "old" Celette to use the "old" fixtures. Blackhawk and Celette don´t mix.
I have the fixtures for the 914, together with the Celette "MUF 5" bench. The fixtures bolt directly on the bench.
Maybe the plan is of some interest?

Cheers, Arno

IPB Image

Luke M
QUOTE(Arno914 @ Jan 14 2021, 04:27 AM) *

Great work, Luke!

As far as I know, you need the "old" Celette to use the "old" fixtures. Blackhawk and Celette don´t mix.
I have the fixtures for the 914, together with the Celette "MUF 5" bench. The fixtures bolt directly on the bench.
Maybe the plan is of some interest?

Cheers, Arno

IPB Image

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the info. What I didn't know was if there were cross beams that mated the two together. I figured out a fix and currently working on that now. I have everything pretty squared away and ready to weld up. I'll be able to use these fixtures on my BlackHawk or a Celette bench.

JMDAZED
Haven't been on here for a couple weeks. We have seam sealed and caulked the front nose and jambing color so we can put front suspension back in.
JMDAZED
Looking like a 914 again.
Cairo94507
Outstanding! smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
JMDAZED
Front steering and suspension going in.
JMDAZED
gas tank is next. This car will be rolling soon.
PotterPorsche
What the shop in Palo Alto . I’m impressed with the work , and tha ability to save another 914
JMDAZED
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Feb 9 2021, 07:19 PM) *

What the shop in Palo Alto . I’m impressed with the work , and tha ability to save another 914
Hi Yeaman Auto Body in Palo Alto
JMDAZED
Shell and doors got painted today
JMDAZED
Super straight and shiny.
JMDAZED
Now the careful task of reassembly.
flyer86d
Very nice!

Charlie
JMDAZED
Almost ready to go back home
JMDAZED
Installing bumpers today.
rjames
LOVE IT!!
aktion035.gif
JMDAZED
Car has been completed.
JMDAZED
rt side
gereed75
yeoow so thats what they look like when done! really nice
bkrantz
Congrats! Looks great.
Cairo94507
That came out very nice. We would all love to see additional pictures I am sure. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.