to ECC for you to give away? welder.gif
Kerrys914
QUOTE(root @ Sep 5 2006, 07:42 AM) *

Hey Kerry!!, did you get my email concerning the tool I'll be bringing
to ECC for you to give away? welder.gif

Must have missed it sad.gif

Please send it again and THANKS aktion035.gif
VaccaRabite
Kerry, could you post how to get to the truck stop on the 17N exit? Is it off 95 or something like that?

I have driven around Fredricksburg several times, but I don't know the area. I am going to be comming down from PA, so I'd really not like to get lost.

Zach
Kerrys914
Coming from PA you will wantt o take a different route then ours (Unless you want drive up with us).

We will be getting of I95 about an hour before DC (coming up from the south).

I don't think we have a head count or location picked out. ANyone local please speak up. driving.gif driving.gif
VaccaRabite
My bad. I thought the location had been picked.

Zach
ws91420
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Aug 20 2006, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 20 2006, 07:47 PM) *

Kerry for the meeting point in Fredericksburg how about the Mc Donalds at the Rt 17 N exit by the old truck stop they have a fairly big parking lot.

Sounds great smile.gif Now we just need the rest of the guys to come down/up smile.gif

So are we not meeting here to drive up from Fredericksburg? confused24.gif
Kerrys914
Lets meet in Fredericksburg @ 9:30'ish. I was looking at the map and think Rt17 may be a bit out of the way.

What about taking I95 from Fredericksburg to Dumfies rd ( North RT234) and then cross the river on fords rd and follow the river toward the ECC location???

Anyone from DC feel like meeting us as we get off I95??
So far it looks like we have;
Kerry (914 followed by Jeep support with tons of tools/jacks/parts)
Welby
Zach
JPB
May be a little late but there is a Mc Donalds at 95 and 17 taking the west exit if helps any and thats right next to the truck stop if thats the one in question.

beer.gif
type47
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Sep 6 2006, 04:58 AM) *

Lets meet in Fredericksburg @ 9:30'ish. I was looking at the map and think Rt17 may be a bit out of the way.

What about taking I95 from Fredericksburg to Dumfies rd ( North RT234) and then cross the river on fords rd and follow the river toward the ECC location???

Anyone from DC feel like meeting us as we get off I95??
So far it looks like we have;
Kerry (914 followed by Jeep support with tons of tools/jacks/parts)
Welby
Zach

hey, i might like to do that! one of the things i enjoyed about the last 2 was the drive there and back. this one is "not far enough away" to get my fix. i'll keep an eye out here for later developments and PM my cell # when time gets closer.
Kerry

I must have crawled out from under my rock today and saw the event. Can you send me the flyer with details to djudge@khov.com.

Too close not to make the drive over from Annapolis!
firstknight13
smile.gif hey kerry i would like the directions to the picnic.. or the exact location and i will mapquest it biggrin.gif driving.gif
VaccaRabite
I need this info too. I think I must be braindead. Was this on the flier and I totally missed it?

Zach
Kerrys914
Okay.. Lets meet at "Mc Donalds at 95 and 17" between 9:14 and 9:30 and then head up I95 to the RT234 exit. Should be about an hour or so run from McD's (I think)

Please post here if you are going to meet and drive up with us.

E-mail me at kerrys914@yahoo.com or PM me and I will send you my cell # just incase..

It would be nice if a NOVA person can lead the way. I will have maps but the local touch is allways better driving.gif driving.gif

Don't forget the tranny rebuild will be drawn on Sat and it's $20 per ticket.

clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
type47
i'd like to meet you where you get off 95. i am PMing my cell and if you can send or post the route from 95 i could help, maybe lead, from there. also, i need the number of possible attendees for copies of the tech quiz. 100 questions!
Moneypit
Hey All, I've been trying to figure out my work schedule, been a tough one to figure, as im working 8 on, 24 hrs off, with shifts from 0400-12, 12-2000, and 2000-0400, so im trying to figure out what shift ill have saturday, and right now it looks like i'll either work 4am to noon, or, ideally, ill have gotten off by 0400.

I'm trying to see if i can get a ride from one of the NOVA or Maryland teeners who could swing thru DC on the 395 loop.... anyone got an extra seat??

my # is 757-376-3332. If you need directions, look up Marine Barracks Washington, 8th and I streets SE.

I RREEAALLLYY want to attend, hope to get some good input for getting mine rebuilt out in Phoenix. Thanks

UPDATE, looks like i work saturday night at 8PM, which means i get off at 8 ion friday night, meaning i have like all da saturday off!!!!!! so if anyone has room or could use a navigator, as i used to live in stafford VA, a little north of Frediburg, please let me know!
JmuRiz
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 25 2006, 04:01 PM) *

thought of another tech topic: adjusting rear brake venting clearance

Sounds like a good idea to me, I think my right rear is a bit too tight, locks up under hard braking....even with stocks back there and boxster brakes up front and a 'T' replacing the prop valve.
type47
QUOTE(Moneypit @ Sep 10 2006, 08:48 PM) *

Hey All, I've been trying to figure out my work schedule, been a tough one to figure, as im working 8 on, 24 hrs off, with shifts from 0400-12, 12-2000, and 2000-0400, so im trying to figure out what shift ill have saturday, and right now it looks like i'll either work 4am to noon, or, ideally, ill have gotten off by 0400.

I'm trying to see if i can get a ride from one of the NOVA or Maryland teeners who could swing thru DC on the 395 loop.... anyone got an extra seat??

my # is 757-376-3332. If you need directions, look up Marine Barracks Washington, 8th and I streets SE.

I RREEAALLLYY want to attend, hope to get some good input for getting mine rebuilt out in Phoenix. Thanks

UPDATE, looks like i work saturday night at 8PM, which means i get off at 8 ion friday night, meaning i have like all da saturday off!!!!!! so if anyone has room or could use a navigator, as i used to live in stafford VA, a little north of Frediburg, please let me know!

any chance you could take the METRO to the Vienna station? if so, you can ride with me.
type47
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Sep 11 2006, 07:15 AM) *

QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 25 2006, 04:01 PM) *

thought of another tech topic: adjusting rear brake venting clearance

Sounds like a good idea to me, I think my right rear is a bit too tight, locks up under hard braking....even with stocks back there and boxster brakes up front and a 'T' replacing the prop valve.

you might need to reinstall the proportioning valve. ... or experiment with the venting clearance. ... i've also read of going to pads that are less agressive than the fronts to ease lock up.
Dr Evil
Ok, I actually have no idea where this is taking place blink.gif I just realized I either dont have or cant find the directions. Oh Kerry idea.gif could you email me the info.

I wonder how long it will take me?

Yo, Money pit. I am not sure if I am on teh way as I do not know where it is, but if I can get you you can ride with me....in the slow Diesel biggrin.gif Or if the benz is not fixed in time you can ride ont he back of my motorcycle as it will be all I have left dry.gif
norustscott
ditto the Dr. Evil comment...looks like I will be able to attend...Is there an address to google maps?
VaccaRabite
DrEvil, or anyone else that might want to go from the Harrisbur/York/lancaster area. I'm going to be going in my Subaru, and anyone that wants to is welcome to hop in and ride with. I know its not a teener, but I've got the space and would just as soon not make the drive alone.

PM me for directions to my place in Dallastown PA

Zach
Dr Evil
Hey Zach, you would still be faster than the Benz biggrin.gif

I am off to Lowes to get some parts for the car. The start circuit decided to break off and short out yesterday frying the whole harness. Good thing it is a diesel and is old. No complicated nothing wink.gif

Moneypit
WEll, looks like my schedule may change again.. but if it works out, i can definately be at the vienna stop. its a 40 min ride from here at eastern market....

like i said, they keep changing the schedule. thought i had it figured out, but it appears were going to a different rotation on thursday, then ANOTHER different one on saturday...... GGRRRRRR!!!!!!!
JPB
QUOTE(Moneypit @ Sep 11 2006, 08:29 PM) *

WEll, looks like my schedule may change again.. but if it works out, i can definately be at the vienna stop. its a 40 min ride from here at eastern market....

like i said, they keep changing the schedule. thought i had it figured out, but it appears were going to a different rotation on thursday, then ANOTHER different one on saturday...... GGRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Hey money pit, you look a little pale, ya might need a sick day off.LOL wink.gif I'm gonna skip school at all costs and try to be at the SPOT on time.

beer.gif BBBBBbeverian brewskies perhaps?
JPB
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 11 2006, 04:28 PM) *

I am off to Lowes to get some parts for the car. The start circuit decided to break off and short out yesterday frying the whole harness. Good thing it is a diesel and is old. No complicated nothing wink.gif

If your Ben-zee was like my 1982 220D then the wires are a PITA!!! They were all taped together so darn well I just pulled new wires and left the old one(s) in unhooked. Anothe PITA was the vacuum system. Good idea but alot of retubing, and that vacuum manifold leeked like a Hoover!!!

beer.gif I wish you all the best of luck bro. I had one Benz and that once was enough for a lifetime.
type47
i'll ask here first but i can post the street name, PO city and zip for mapquest to allow everyone to use mapquest but only if the host or kerry post it's OK as i don't want to violate any privacy arrangements that i don't know about. i know the person who i think, pretty sure, is hosting and the name address and phone number can be found in the white pages on the internet but it's better to err on the side of caution and kerry may be answering emails with the flyer anyway.
Dr Evil
Jim Kelly emailed the directions to me so I dont need them biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
I'd love to get a PM of the address. I can find the 95/17 McDs easy enough, but it is good to have a destination plugged into the GPS as a backup.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 11 2006, 09:09 PM) *

Much love for Hacker-Pschorr at the house of Ace Mechanic. It's one of the few German beers I've found that doesn't get skunky in the trip across the ocean.

Still assembling the American beer portion... thinking a sampling of local craft brews should fit the bill.
root
I live 5 minutes away from the cookout location!
Kerry, you can consider my house as the cookout annex.
If it rains I have a garage tent I can bring!
Anythng you guys need just let me know....... beer.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 11 2006, 12:28 PM) *

Sweet, I'm going to have my fiance follow me in my '74 280c, we can have a mini vintage benz area wink.gif
Dr Evil
The Benz is down right now. I think when the wiring harness fried it took the alternator with it confused24.gif All I know is that it turns over harder now and it was sudden onset. I went over the schematics last night adn I did rebuild the harness correctly. I do not have much diesel experience so I am learning (in my free time dry.gif ). I may have a fuel issue, who knows. Probably taking the 4runner, but then Noel will have no vehicle for Sat because we are down to one working vehicle.

If anyone has any diesel experience and wants to clue me in and save me some time I am all ears.
JmuRiz
OT

Have you checked on this bbs, that's the one I check on:
http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/index.php
JPB
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Sep 12 2006, 06:41 AM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 11 2006, 09:09 PM) *

Much love for Hacker-Pschorr at the house of Ace Mechanic. It's one of the few German beers I've found that doesn't get skunky in the trip across the ocean.

Still assembling the American beer portion... thinking a sampling of local craft brews should fit the bill.

Yaaah and a good wheat beer gets me salavating also. When all else fails, Miller Highlife seems to get into the buggy all to often; must be the seethruuew bottles!

beerchug.gif Must consuume grrreat quantaties.

Kerrys914
Sorry for the delay.. It has been crazy down here and the NET is down at work...So that means no 914club until 6:00pm

I'll send the directions to all who have e-mailed me tonight. I am not sure if the host wold want the addy posted, so I won't??

PM me or e-mail lme and I will do my best to send the addy out

smile.gif smile.gif Can't wait for that beer on Sat
Moneypit
Looks like i'll be able to go!

All i need now is transport... I can get to any metro stop easily, so if someones got a seat, let me know. if you can meet at a metro, let me know what times o i can calculate travel time for me. also, i gotta get back that evening, because i still have to work that night.

Whats the ETA for the ending of most to the tech-related stuff, as thats mostly what id like to see? i might have to be getting out of there at like 4-ish, thats if i work at 6pm. otherwise, i might not be workin till 8 pm.

again my cell is 757 376 3332. email is at ghettoporsche914@yahoo.com, or ya could pm me. whatever works best. THanks!

BTW Im like 20, so dont count me in for Brewskies..... unsure.gif
type47
QUOTE(Moneypit @ Sep 13 2006, 12:14 AM) *

Looks like i'll be able to go!

All i need now is transport... I can get to any metro stop easily, so if someones got a seat, let me know. if you can meet at a metro, let me know what times o i can calculate travel time for me. also, i gotta get back that evening, because i still have to work that night.

Whats the ETA for the ending of most to the tech-related stuff, as thats mostly what id like to see? i might have to be getting out of there at like 4-ish, thats if i work at 6pm. otherwise, i might not be workin till 8 pm.

again my cell is 757 376 3332. email is at ghettoporsche914@yahoo.com, or ya could pm me. whatever works best. THanks!

BTW Im like 20, so dont count me in for Brewskies..... unsure.gif

i'll have a seat you can fill and will PU at Vienna Metro stop. i'm also interested in meeting the kerry herr caravan on their way up from tidewater area so my very tentative plan is to drive down there, planning on 45 minutes to there and arrive when they arrive, to be coordinated more closely, so i'm thinkin' PU at vienna metro in the 9:30-10 time frame, may be adjusted; meeting them may be cancelled for instance if there is no way you can get the vienna, i'd cancel meeting kerry to give you a ride. later, i'll PM my cell # but post here how this sounds...
jtf914
I'd be up for meeting the caravan as well, the event is too close to home. I need a longer drive.
Kerrys914
Address to the ECC 2006 jsharp.gif

Food is getting gathered and WHAT a feast it will be chowtime.gif BBQ, Dogs, Burgers..etc If anyone wants to bring a side dish feel free to but it looks like we should have plenty of food. The number of people is growing daily so this looks like it will be a GREAT weekend to have or want a 914 driving.gif driving.gif and driving-girl.gif and live near DC.

10621 Timberidge Rd.
Fairfax Station, Va 22039
"There are two pink flamingoes near the mailbox, with bows on their necks." shocked[1].gif wub.gif

Looks like we may have 4-6 guys getting together off I95 at Rt 234 (No sure what exit this is or where to meet once we get off the exit).

Plan is to be at the McD's in Fredericksburg, VA between 9:14 and 9:30. We will then head up I95 to the Rt234 exit and meet up with a few guys (maybe ???)

I am driving up from Williamsburg past Richmond to Fredericksburg if anyone one wants to follow me up.

I will reconfirm this again on Friday in this thread.. Please post so we all know the # and who to look for driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

ws91420
I will be at the Fredericksburg meet up point. Any body have hand held radios bring them along. I'm going to bring mine.
type47
this: http://www.virginiadot.org/comtravel/exit-numbers-95.asp

says the exit to rt 234 is number 152
VaccaRabite
Hey folks, don't wait for me at the I95 meet up. I am going to be heading directly to the cookout from home. Will mean I get to sleep an extra hour saturday morning. :-)

Zach
zymurgist
Happy 9/14, everyone! beerchug.gif
Kerrys914
Guys here is take at the directions to the ECC (the long way around)

The route:

- I95 to Rt 234 (Exit 152A)

- Head N-West on Rt 234 to Rt 3000 (take a right onto)

- Head N-East on Rt 3000 to “Prince William Parkway” (Take a right onto)

- Head S-E on “Prince William Parkway” to “Yates Ford Road” (Take a left onto)

- Head East on “Yates Ford road” to “Henderson rd” (Take a right onto)

- Head East on “Henderson Rd.” to “Hampton Rd.” (take a right onto)

- Head east on “Hampton Rd. to “Timberidge rd” (Take a left onto) and look for the Pink Flamingos J J

If we head up I95 for another 8 miles to exit 160 we can reduce the total drive by 35-45mins (estimate).

I am not sure how nice the route above is. Maybe the NOVA guys can chime in??? I think the ECC is about 30 mins off I95 if we take exit 160 and has less street changes.

Thoughts??
type47
the part of the route from Yates Ford Rd on to the final site is made up of rural back-road tree lined windy country roads. actually, be careful on those roads and don't get surprised, like coming over a hill and seeing a stop sign 10 feet away. maybe if you knew the turns and curves you could press it but not the first time.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Sep 14 2006, 07:25 AM) *

If we head up I95 for another 8 miles to exit 160 we can reduce the total drive by 35-45mins (estimate).

Correct, the 160 exit (Route 123) is the fast way to get there...but the route you picked is a much more entertaining drive. See you all at the final destination, as I'll be coming from Arlington.
Kerrys914
So maybe we should do this...

Meet at Fredericksburg (exit 130 - East @ McD's next to Altoona dr.)
We will leave Exit 130 close to 9:30am and head North on I95
We will get off I95 at Exit 160 where we will meet up with a few NOVA guys.
We should arrive exit 160 around 10:00am'ish and leave for the ECC by 10:30

Arrive at the ECC close to 11:00??

How does the above sound?

Please post here if you are planning on going. We need to have a head count so we don't leave someone behind..Because we NEVER leave anyone behind flag.gif driving.gif

PM me for my cell if you need it.

I'll post the names on Friday so we all have the list jsharp.gif aktion035.gif

And sorry for the dead horse.gif dead horse.gif dead horse.gif chair.gif
Marlow
Yates Ford is a fun road. Actually one of my stomping grounds. No surprises, it's well marked. There are a couple of 15mph curves but no over-the-hill stop signs. It's 35mph all the way through.

Beware, it's kinda easy to miss the right hand turn from Old Yates Ford onto Henderson. It's right at the apex of a long sweeping left hand curve. It looks like a "T" on the maps but the stop sign actually splits Henderson Road. If you miss the right turn you'll end up on Henderson Road but going the wrong way.

There's also a 3-way stop on Henderson, turn right to head towards Hampton Road.

I may try to meet you guys at the beginning of Yates Ford if I can, around 10:15am or so.

Joel
Marlow
This is where the turn off from Old Yates Ford to Henderson is, ignore the curly-ques, they're just for effect.
ws91420
Okay exit 130 is the exit near the Mc Donalds near the mall excuse me the Town Center on Rt 3 now exit 133 is the one at Rt 17 with the Mc Donalds near the old truck stop. I recommend the one on Rt 17 because it will be easier to get in and out of that one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.