Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast Cookout 2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kerrys914
Thanks Dr... I knew you had my back bootyshake.gif biggrin.gif

e-mail me.. kerrys914@yahoo.com We need to figure out what or what not is needed...It's all about the details dry.gif dry.gif smash.gif

Thanks again clap56.gif
JohnB
Doh! I knew this date sounded familiar. We're making a big do of my dad's 70th birthday that weekend in SWVa so I will NOT be there, Kerry.

But here's a BUMP anyway!

john

beerchug.gif

You might get to see my old car, though, if BajaXJ92 pulls off the drive. Current owner Adam is a good guy and close to Kerry's domicile.
evan
piratenanner.gif just a reminder kerry that i'm coming as long as the car makes it home from vacation in Bethany Beach this week. That is if it makes it to Bethany Beach. Still need directions.

Kerrys914
Directions / address will be sent out next weekend via e-mail.

Best of luck with your ride smash.gif smash.gif jsharp.gif

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Kerry:
The only thing that will keep Darlene and i from beening there is my daughter is expecting in Oct. . The first grandchild will take preference. Dave slap.gif
Kerrys914
drunk.gif chowtime.gif jsharp.gif icon8.gif

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif smilie_pokal.gif
norustscott
Click to view attachmentjust part of last years participants.......
ws91420
icon_bump.gif
How about a nail for this from the admin staff Its a month away.
zymurgist
Guess I'll show up in the Corvette again. (Ace Mechanic's baby[doll] will already be there.)
type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 13 2006, 05:00 AM) *

Guess I'll show up in the Corvette again. (Ace Mechanic's baby[doll] will already be there.)

how about driving the 911 this time.
Kerrys914
agree.gif
1970 911T / 2.4 / MFI / 915

What's with that blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Kerry,

Do you know Ralph Hartman?

B
Kerrys914
I do know of Ralph. He is one of the guys putting on the Ramble.. Seems like a nice guy. Tried to get together with him for one East Coast event but the locations didn't work out. beerchug.gif

Cheers
JmuRiz
Kerry, did you mail out details this past weekend, I have yet to get my info. Thanks.
Kerrys914
chair.gif Nope.. I was buzy making some A/C hoses for a guy in PA that has a 911 he is adding A/C too.

I'll try to get it out this week.

jsharp.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 13 2006, 07:08 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 13 2006, 05:00 AM) *

how about driving the 911 this time.

It needs a clutch cable and it shifts like crap. I think I need a proper 915 shift tube and I haven't felt like doing an engine drop to install it. With the Corvette, everything works the way it's supposed to.

But you never know... if the weather is cool enough to make me not want to drive an open car, I could still drive the 911.
type47
ummm.... and you can't get this done in a month because..... laugh.gif i thought babydoll was finished.
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 16 2006, 09:35 AM) *

ummm.... and you can't get this done in a month because..... laugh.gif i thought babydoll was finished.

Babydoll is finished... and so am I. I have no plans to wrench on any Porsche, especially with this perfect driving weather and a Corvette with no top. Plus, Corvettes at Carlisle is coming up on the last weekend in August and I've got to save my pennies for more goodies.

I would consider having a wrench session for the engine drop if there are any takers, sometime after the ECC. But right now I don't even want to look at that car.
RS22b
can you send me an email or whatever about this event. My car should be done sometime next week just basically waiting on the new tires to come in.

Im in nj and would love to come down.

thanks
type47
QUOTE(RS22b @ Aug 17 2006, 02:42 PM) *

can you send me an email or whatever about this event.

did you get info about this? if not, what i know of the 2 that i attended is, it's a gathering to be held in northern virginia, south of washington DC. if your car is not finished, OK, come anyway. bring a food dish, tools to help the Dr do a tranny (not what you're thinking...), have fun. last year there were ~25 cars. put this on the calendar, you know you'll let is slide by if you don't. maybe others will contact you for a caravan. i think there are some coming from the baltimore area.
RS22b
I didnt recieve any info on the event. Prob bc i havent been on here in awhile.

I will more than likely have my car done for the event. I just had a 2.3 built motor put in it along with a bunch of other new goodies. Still some to be done on the car before im completely satisfied with the car.

They fired up the motor last week and are just taking care of some susp and brake issues for me. Too many other cars i deal with to have the time really to do the work myself on the car.

zymurgist
What's a 2.3? Is that a Type IV?
RS22b
its a 1.8L bored, stroked, cam'd, valved, etc.

I dont remember the exact specs on the motor, but i think they were 96mm pistons and sleeves.

Should put out around 150whp.
Kerrys914
Just sent out the final ECC update flyer to all Cookout e-mail I have.

If you didn't get one and plan on going please e-mail me kerrys914@yahoo.com

Cheers and see ya on the 9/16
zymurgist
QUOTE(RS22b @ Aug 20 2006, 03:36 PM) *

its a 1.8L bored, stroked, cam'd, valved, etc.

I dont remember the exact specs on the motor, but i think they were 96mm pistons and sleeves.

Should put out around 150whp.

Nice! My 911 has an honest 190hp at the wheels. I put it on the dyno last year at Carlisle.
ws91420
Kerry for the meeting point in Fredericksburg how about the Mc Donalds at the Rt 17 N exit by the old truck stop they have a fairly big parking lot.
Kerrys914
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 20 2006, 07:47 PM) *

Kerry for the meeting point in Fredericksburg how about the Mc Donalds at the Rt 17 N exit by the old truck stop they have a fairly big parking lot.

Sounds great smile.gif Now we just need the rest of the guys to come down/up smile.gif
RS22b
email sent to you Kerry.

Thanks,
_billy
ws91420
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Aug 20 2006, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 20 2006, 07:47 PM) *

Sounds great smile.gif Now we just need the rest of the guys to come down/up smile.gif

See you there my wife(at least she will be by then) and her son will probably follow up later.
Kerrys914
Hey DC guys, have anyone talked to Justin about this event? Haven't heard back and I am not sure my e-mail on file is correct?

Anyone one in MD heard anything from the Subi conversion Thachers??
type47
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Aug 23 2006, 04:34 AM) *

Hey DC guys, have anyone talked to Justin about this event? Haven't heard back and I am not sure my e-mail on file is correct?

Anyone one in MD heard anything from the Subi conversion Thachers??

i'll try to make contact w/ Justin today
terrymason
What time is this thing going down? I have somewhere to be that night, but hopefully I can come hang out and have fun first.
Kerrys914
11:00AM'ish is the "start" and it ends when we get kicked out

Come and go as you like, it's all about fun and meeting the other local 914 owners
Kerrys914
I hope to meet up with a bunch of 914 guys in Fredericksburg, VA and take the back roads to the event (Rt 17)

Anyone??
terrymason
17 is a much nicer drive - through essex and all. I'll talk to the wife tonight, but I have an idea that we'll be going up on friday. If not I'll hook up with you on saturday.

Kerrys914
Also, my wife will have the support car with her and should have room for another person or two, just incase somones wife doesn't want to do the drive up in the 914.

e-mail me. Someone from who has made the trip should post some directions or maps for us who have not taken that route before.

Cheers
Marlow
Couple of roads that are a lot of fun coming up from Fredericksburg are;

Joplin Road off of 95 or Route 1 to Dumfries Road. That's a curvy one. I've heard the cops know about it and do patrol it so watch your speed.

Elk Run Road off of Rt 17 northwest of Fredericksburg to Rt 28 is one of my favorite drives. You even get to see Longhorns as there's a Longhorn farm on Elk Run Road. This is definitely the less direct route and would take longer (probably twice as long) than going up Joplin Rd to Dumfries Rd.
crash914
major bummer...

I am traveling to Europe on the 16th. trip got rescheduled about 4 times...thought I was free....

Sorry, I will try to catch you all at another event....
Kerrys914
Tech Sessions:

- Engine drop (dropping a 1.7L out and installing a 1.8L)
- A look at used clutches (Pressure plate, friction disk, and t-out bearings)
- A look at valves

- Basic Tune-up on a Type IV (maybe a pointless ignition conversion too)

Anyone wishing to help with these please e-mail me. Please note: We have the Tune-up car and the engine drop car piced out.

smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif
type47
you know, a gas tank removal could be a good tech session. i had to do it today and it wasn't all that bad.
JPB
Cool topics! Email sent bro.

beer.gif Teener getting painted MONDAY!!! YES!!!
PinetreePorsche
I'll be there, with my "new" 9014 kit-car (converted with Auto-Atlanta's fiberglass body kit in the early '90s) which badly needs, and is scheduled to be the recipient of the drop demo--on the way to a motor swap--I guess its a a drop-swap. Possibly will require some expert advice, as it has a dying 1.7 with fuel inj, and the donor motor is a 1.8, recently injected but missing the parts, so to be injected using the 1.7 set-up. Come see a rare car (only a few dozen--looks a bit like a '60s 904) get rolling again! --Chris H, Falls Church
Marlow
That'll be cool to see!!
JmuRiz
That will be fun to see, maybe someday we can meet up...I'm in Arlington so FC is real close.
Kerrys914
REMEMBER..

You don't need to have 914 with you to go. If you car isn't ready or you are thinking on getting one or you for some reason just like these cars......Show up

Some guy last year came in a ORANGE VET.. Can you believe that guy smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif
evan
Kerry,

I'm still up for coming to the 2006 get together. Need directions. Am interested in the type iv tune up and anything else I can learn. Need to bring anything; food, booze, etc? Also to anyone, I am coming from Gaithersburg, MD so anyone want to meet and caravan down let me know.

let me know, email to ekatz25941@aol.com

evan
zymurgist
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Aug 25 2006, 02:56 PM) *

Some guy last year came in a ORANGE VET.. Can you believe that guy smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

That Orange Shark participated in a burnout contest at Corvettes @ Carlisle this afternoon...
type47
thought of another tech topic: adjusting rear brake venting clearance

will have a challenging tech quiz
Kerrys914
type.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif aktion035.gif
zymurgist
jsharp.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.