Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast Cookout 2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kerrys914
jsharp.gif Hey guys/gals we are getting closer to the 3rd ECC (East Coast Cookout). If you are planing on attending please send me an e-mail or post here.

If you did not get the electronic flyer sent out via e-mail a few monts back AND want to go to this event, please e-mail me and I will add you to the e-mail list.

Date: Sept 16, 2006 (Sat)

As always we are still looking for sponsors to help with the event. If you have a product that you would like to get in front of 30+ East Coast owners.. drop me an e-mail. clap56.gif

Also, shoot me some topics for the tech session you would like to see. I would like to have 2 sessions about an hour each. Topics like..One man engine drop, Type IV engine tune up, brake bleeding, front home alignment, installation of rear lid shocks..etc??

If you want an event shirt please send me an e-mail with the size, cost will be between $15-$20

This year we expect to have 20+ cars and another garage session, so send me some things you would like to see us dig into?

Cheers and see you this summer.. jsharp.gif
JmuRiz
You know I'll be there, perhaps with some friends and family in tow! If all goes to plan my garage will be done by then and I'll have time to tinker (put on those parts I've had sitting around for years) before the meet!
zymurgist
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Jun 1 2006, 09:02 AM) *
Also, shoot me some topics for the tech session you would like to see. I would like to have 2 sessions about an hour each. Topics like..One man engine drop, Type IV engine tune up, brake bleeding, front home alignment, installation of rear lid shocks..etc??

Does the engine drop mean just dropping, or dropping and reinstalling? biggrin.gif
crash914
I am planning on it.....see you all there...
jtf914
I'll be there unless something comes up that I can't get out of..........
zymurgist
Kerry,

Do you think it might be a Good Idea to get this thread "nailed"?
Leo Imperial
Is this in Williamsburg?
If it is that is a good distance from DC.
Either way I will try to make it.
Please send me the info.
zymurgist
No, it's where Babydoll lives (Fairfax Station). I think the nearest town is Woodbridge.
VaccaRabite
I am planning to be there.

Zach
terrymason
Great, count me in! It'll be nice to meet some local 914 people.
type47
Does the engine drop mean just dropping, or dropping and reinstalling? biggrin.gif
[/quote]

babydoll will NOT be a candidate!

i have added some questions to the tech quiz. if anyone thinks of questions to be added, please send them to me. there are about 65 total now. i hope to drive the car in my avatar and maybe johnb can drive the 1.8.
fitsbain
I'll try to make it. Hopefully the 14 will be driving by then.

I towed it up from around there.

And any of you guys out there want to get together sooner I'm doing the BBQ thing at my place on 6/24 in Pittsburgh.
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 6 2006, 01:22 PM) *

babydoll will NOT be a candidate!

LOL. Babydoll spent MORE than enough time sitting on jackstands over the past year, both with and without the engine and tranny installed. Of course, I have a tail dragger with external oil cooler that needs an engine/tranny drop... I know, I know, move along, there's nothing to see here...
evan
Just got the bean running again. Hope to be there and meet everyone. Putting it on the calender and put me down for a shirt size small

evan
JPB
Count me in as a warm bady and yes me want Tshirt. Cool location only 1 1/2 hours away, SCHWEEEEETTT!

beer.gif Will there be BBBBBBBBavvvverian Bbbbbbeeeeer?
type47
QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 19 2006, 01:09 PM) *

!

only if you pass the tech quiz. start studying...
JPB
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 19 2006, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Jul 19 2006, 01:09 PM) *

!

only if you pass the tech quiz. start studying...

You know as well as I do that there is only one answer to all problems; BFH!

beer.gif Big Freekin Hammer
Kerrys914
Sorry for the time between updates..

I'll be sending one out this weekend.. MAKE sure you have e-mailed me at kerrys914@yahoo.com if you plan on going.

This also serves as a BUMP and can we get this topic NAILED...We need love too?

plas76targa
Kerry,

I'm planning on being there! just sent you an email.

Leo - we'll put the red carpet out for you if you need a place to stay.

See you all then if not sooner!
I sold my car! Can I still come (will bring the 993 - still air cooled)?
JmuRiz
I don't know man, you sold your car....haha. I'd say come, it'll be fun, and local!
Speaking of selling cars....what are you driving to the even Kerry, inquiring minds what to know.
I'll probably be there with my friends/family and the newest ride (along with the 914)...if that's cool.

Also, this will give me a reason to really get crackin on finishing the garage, so I can show it off to anyone interested (see the blog)!
Kerrys914
chowtime.gif

I'll be bringing the SIX if I still have it. As of now, it is still for sale driving.gif .

If I do sell the SIX I will be in my A4 buzz'n up from the Burg driving.gif

The event is open to all who have the addiction of da 914 in them biggrin.gif
patrick3000
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Jul 28 2006, 12:58 PM) *

chowtime.gif

I'll be bringing the SIX if I still have it. As of now, it is still for sale driving.gif .

If you guys don't mind a 912E tagging along I would like to join the fun! wavey.gif

Regards,

Karl
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Jul 28 2006, 08:58 AM) *

Forgot you had the A4, another quality car ;-)
OT: You mod that at all, I have recently put some on mine (bored out MAF, engine and tip-chip) and they did wonders for power and MPG.
ws91420
Nathan I guess you missed the thread about the transmission install at my Mom's in Leesburg.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(patrick3000 @ Jul 28 2006, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Jul 28 2006, 12:58 PM) *

chowtime.gif

If you guys don't mind a 912E tagging along I would like to join the fun! wavey.gif

Regards,

Karl

Yo Karl, welcome.png

Very cool to have a 912E along. You are very welcome thumb3d.gif
914rat
I am in Md. send me the info and I'll try to make it.I would like to meet some local 914 folks.
firstknight13
smile.gif it looks like a 6 hr trip for me.. i have a slight clutch slippage maybe we could do my engine removal and clutch replacement driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif also i'd be lookin for one of them SEALS too!!! wink.gif
Kerrys914
BUMP
type47
with 6 weeks before the event, we need this nailed...
JmuRiz
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jul 28 2006, 02:41 PM) *

Nathan I guess you missed the thread about the transmission install at my Mom's in Leesburg.

I saw the post, but couldn't make it...along with much else this season. This garage and other household rebuilding stuff is taking over my life! I'll get the car all set up for the cookout though...might be the car's coming out party for the season!
JmuRiz
QUOTE(firstknight13 @ Jul 29 2006, 05:45 PM) *

smile.gif it looks like a 6 hr trip for me.. i have a slight clutch slippage maybe we could do my engine removal and clutch replacement driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif also i'd be lookin for one of them SEALS too!!! wink.gif

Is it clutch slippage or does it just need to be adjusted? Can you still engage 1st and reverse w/o grinding. Just throwing the idea out there. Although a clutch replacement demo would be sweet!
Kerrys914
I'll look at the ECC schedule and see if we have time for a clutch replacement tech session. clap56.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Aug 1 2006, 03:56 PM) *

I'll look at the ECC schedule and see if we have time for a clutch replacement tech session. clap56.gif

I can be the guest speaker on the importance of avoiding DWD while replacing a clutch! biggrin.gif
JPB
Ah yes, avoid the DWD and don't forget the use of a BFH on the MF.

beer.gif
Kerrys914
When you e-mail me please let me know if you need overnight accommodations for the Cookout.

Anyone coming from the South (NC, SC, GA...etc) e-mail me about a pit-stop in Williamsburg..

Also, we are still looking for some product sponsors for the event, so please let your favorite vendor know.. smile.gif

Cheers
Kerrys914
jsharp.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
root
QUOTE(Kerrys914 @ Aug 2 2006, 02:25 PM) *

jsharp.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif

Hey Kerry,

Where's the location your planning on having ECC?
Sounds like it might be right around my neighborhood!??
Let me know if I can help with anything....

I'm going to bring (donate) a couple of specialty tools that you can raffle
off or whatever. Planning on at least a clutch installation guide spline (made from an actual tranny spline and a tranny main shaft holding lever (made from a used tranny gear). I'll PM you with pics as soon as I finish fabrication.

Are you makin' up ECC 2006 'T-shirts? Pls. hold 2 for me if you are. 1-XL and 1-Medium.

beerchug.gif
Kerrys914
Sorry no shirts this year sad.gif Last year didn't work out too well as I was stuck with alot of extras and some IOU's.. No bigh deal now but none this year.

I will be doing them next year for the ECC 2007.

Thanks for making the tools. Last year we had some great products for the guys.

The location is in NOVA (just outside DC) and I will send you the addy via e-mail smile.gif
Cheers and see you this fall
firstknight13
smile.gif clutch slippage is after warm up and if i push it i feel it slip slightly but i still drive it driving.gif kerry i could use directions please... biggrin.gif
Rick L
I'm still in.
type47
icon_bump.gif
Moneypit
just sent my email. hopefully i can get off for that weekend, if so, ill just get a ride over there, since my teener's in Arizona....
JohnB
It's on my calendar as a possibility. Thanks for the offer to guest-drive your other set of wheels, Jim, let me get back to you on that.

John
BajaXJ92
I may be in for this one, also. I'm located in Richmond, but my car is in Va Beach.

Wouldn't be too long of a drive. I will know something more this weekend.

beerchug.gif
crash914
ok, if anyone has parts to trade or needs something...sing out....

have stuff.....will trade.....
Kerrys914
Bump smile.gif jsharp.gif

Can someone contact an admin and get this topic nailed?? blink.gif We need some East Coast love from admins AND the great the board vendors too. Please contact you #1 vendor and ask them if they are sponsoring THIS event..

I am getting a lot of cold shoulders from guys that are supporting other events confused24.gif I guess I am not kissing the right arses wub.gif

Lets go East coast guys help me out and ask these guys to get onboard and support the East coast crew................ clap56.gif clap56.gif . We will be having a great turnout this year 30+ guys.

Have them e-mail me kerrys914@yahoo.com

Cheers
wit61
I'm planning to attend providing the car is back together....
type47
QUOTE(wit61 @ Aug 7 2006, 04:48 PM) *

I'm planning to attend providing the car is back together....

if not, come anyway; hitch a ride...

Oh, and ... icon_bump.gif
Dr Evil
Hey Kerry, ya know ya got my sponsorship biggrin.gif

wit61, where in PA are you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.