yes , smile.gif more pictures
T H O M A S
ads
GTeener
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 11 2006, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(GTeener @ Jul 11 2006, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(LuckieO @ Jul 11 2006, 12:15 AM) *

And for Gwen,

After watching the auto cross on Sunday, we think that you should make up a new hat (no seriously). Maybe use some "Got Cones" like artwork with a car on two wheels, with the cones in the image, that says, "Got Swaybars?"

Luck

Wish I could draw like Johannes, but I CAN Photochop his drawing bootyshake.gif

so do i get the first one free for being the muse that inspired this new masterpiece?

You were the muse eh?
effutuo101
Yeah, it is my new Nokia. with flash and everything. When are we going to see you on the norht side? I missed most of the stories from you. mad.gif
Take care Dino

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 11 2006, 02:14 PM)

try 2

that is a pretty sweet fone! I like the way it tweeked the fuch on Rich's car...

dinomium
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 11 2006, 06:16 PM) *

Yeah, it is my new Nokia. with flash and everything. When are we going to see you on the norht side? I missed most of the stories from you. mad.gif
Take care Dino

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 11 2006, 02:14 PM)

try 2

that is a pretty sweet fone! I like the way it tweeked the fuch on Rich's car...

You may see me sooner that you would like! My floks and brother both live on Oakes Ave (two house, everybody loves raymond type of thing) So I will be up there more often!!
HA
And don't worry I only have about 1000 stories! HA!
effutuo101
cool! From what I hear most of your stories start with, " we were drinking..." Most of ours start with " No S#&t and there I was..."
See you soon.
Chris
Bleyseng
geez RichD, I know you hate getting passed but!

av-943.gif

He is so happy that his car made good and made it to WCC.
Rocky
Lookin good Rich!!! rocking nana.gif
Good to see you all, drive and knock down a few. beer3.gif
Dino and Mike got the verbage on any Bill Murray or Mel Brooks movie known to man kind. sheeplove.gif
Geoff, your paint does look good for being done out in the elements. thumb3d.gif

Bottom line...What great tast we have in cars!!! smilie_pokal.gif
DNHunt
The lucky kids got to drive the car all weekend. I got the trip down and back and 5 AX passes. But, I got happy kids. Meet teen914
Bleyseng
Elements! Heck I did it on the gravel parking space so I am real happy it turned out at all. Got to color sand and buff it out this week.

Today I fixed the blown out universal shift bushing. Man that was easy to do for once. It made for a heck of a "lets not stop at all" drive home. 2nd gear starts up a hill or two ate up alot of me new clutch. mad.gif
DNHunt
Happy kids, envious dad
grasshopper
I'm tired as hell right now, and dont feel like resizing 98 pictures right now..so I'll get mine up tomorrow. Once again, Thanks everyone. I had a great time.
DNHunt
Sarah wants to AX now when she found out a 12 year old got to.
DNHunt
Sarah got kind of artsy with this pretty car
DNHunt
On the track
DNHunt
2 914s on the Ax track at once
DNHunt
The Dijon Bomb
DNHunt
Some shots from Saturday
DNHunt
Eric
DNHunt
This kind of says it all
LuckieO
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 11 2006, 03:47 PM) *

And for Gwen,

After watching the auto cross on Sunday, we think that you should make up a new hat (no seriously). Maybe use some "Got Cones" like artwork with a car on two wheels, with the cones in the image, that says, "Got Swaybars?"

Luck

so do i get the first one free for being the muse that inspired this new masterpiece?

You know Gwen, I would be your first customer on this one!

And yes Troy, you were making Liz and I motion sick just watching you run the autocross course, and I have held my belly and remained conscious under 7gs in a plane... barf.gif laugh.gif
LuckieO
So, Liz, Joe, and myself all made it home safely this evening. We made better time home (a short 23 hour drive laugh.gif ). After throwing some burgers on the grill for dinner, Liz headed home, with her son in tow, seeking some well deserved rest and solitude! But, before she left we got a chance to talk about the next WCC (only a few hours home and already excited about next year!).

Mike W's car made it home safely in my hands, and I must say Mike, driving your teener home was great fun! Makes me think that I am selling the GTI soon for a 914 daily driver! driving.gif

Next, RRC '06!!! clap56.gif

Luck
GTeener
QUOTE(LuckieO @ Jul 11 2006, 10:10 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jul 11 2006, 03:47 PM) *

And for Gwen,

Luck

You know Gwen, I would be your first customer on this one!

And yes Troy, you were making Liz and I motion sick just watching you run the autocross course, and I have held my belly and remained conscious under 7gs in a plane... barf.gif laugh.gif

It's not my original design. I'd feel too guilty using Johanne's work for my own profit, even if he is French wink.gif

Ask him or do a one-off with my variation through CafePress.com or such service.

Johannes has his design stuff here: https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?p=1&op=articles
GTeener
Nice pix, Dave clap56.gif
BMartin914
Why are there so many cars with their tops on?!?!?! In that beautiful weather!

I sure hope Mike Ginter gave each and every one of you a rash of stromberg.gif for not taking your tops off! I know he would have given me plenty...

Sacrilege... biggrin.gif
rcrgrl
Hey all - it was soo cool to watch the club go around the track. I'm pretty sure there were more 914's than any other car club there. Maybe next year I'll actually be able to bring my car and be part of the ..um... festivities! beerchug.gif
I thought I had a video of all the cars going down the front straight it to post - but turns out i have no video at all from the weekend, a hell, it was that kind of weekend sad.gif
Mike D.
These are not mine, but they are tweeked slightly. enjoy smile.gif
Coy
I'm just going to try this, but I don't know if it'll actually work....

It's an MPEG of Joe Sharp on the PIR parade, and stuff.

GTeener
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jul 12 2006, 12:16 PM) *

These are not mine, but they are tweeked slightly. enjoy smile.gif

Nice Mike! clap56.gif
DNHunt
Here's a cool little clip my daughter shot

Very fast Car
djm914-6
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 11 2006, 05:16 PM) *

and his little shoes too!

He got my shoes dirty!!
Man that looks like an awesome event!

Who won the RC car?
URY914
We just home.
One week.
943 miles on the minivan.
185 pictures.
More money spent than I want to know.
But a GREAT time was had by all.

I'll post the pics and our stories later.
Now I gotta sleep.

Paul
LuckieO
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Jul 12 2006, 08:55 AM) *

Why are there so many cars with their tops on?!?!?! In that beautiful weather!

I sure hope Mike Ginter gave each and every one of you a rash of stromberg.gif for not taking your tops off! I know he would have given me plenty...

Sacrilege... biggrin.gif

For many of us who drove many, many miles to get to Oregon, the sun was getting to us by the end of the event. I know that I was looking for shade everywhere we went. Joe and Liz, two people with very fair skin, actually came back with tans despite the SPF 50 sunscreen they were constantly applying!
Britain Smith
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 12 2006, 08:01 PM) *

We just home.
One week.
943 miles on the minivan.
185 pictures.
More money spent than I want to know.
But a GREAT time was had by all.

I'll post the pics and our stories later.
Now I gotta sleep.

Paul

It was good to meet you Paul. Driving JP's car is a blast huh...you looking great for never have driven it before. I got down to an 30.6 on my final run...great time by all.

-Britain
BKLA
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 12 2006, 04:35 PM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 11 2006, 05:16 PM) *

and his little shoes too!

He got my shoes dirty!!
Man that looks like an awesome event!

Who won the RC car?

My 13 yr old son. He had a great time at the WCC and shot some really nice pic's. He has already purchased 5 spoke wheels and rubbed out the roof on the RC car. He wants me to get you to paint one like series 9's car - the 914 RS!!!

We'll see.

BKLA
Here's a pic of his buddy Stephan and his Dad's teener on the way up to Mt. Hood.

See attached -
Bleyseng
[
[/quote]

For many of us who drove many, many miles to get to Oregon, the sun was getting to us by the end of the event. I know that I was looking for shade everywhere we went. Joe and Liz, two people with very fair skin, actually came back with tans despite the SPF 50 sunscreen they were constantly applying!
[/quote]

I came back and Monique said "Wow, you sure got dark!" I was getting cooked on Sunday at PIR as the one small item I didn't bring was sunscreen but I didn't get too bad a sunburn.

We were fighting for shade spots under the canopy!!!
fiid
All my pics are on my website at:

http://www.fiid.net/modules/gallery/2006WCC

Go nuts - there's 130 or so, and the high res originals are also available for download (keep clicking and you'll get the original - right click and save as).

There is some dirt on my lens though - so there's a blob inthe same place on every pic - DOH!
DNHunt
Yep, pretty darn hot especially for us in the gray NW. Also, black vinyl, the back of my legs are burning thinking about it.

Dave
MartyYeoman
Fiid Fotos
Click to view attachment
MartyYeoman
One more for good luck.
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MartyYeoman
Tabor shots.

teen914
my sister took a video on her camera of the lap around PIR. here is the link to the video

Gerry
djm914-6
QUOTE(BKLA @ Jul 13 2006, 12:48 AM) *

QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Jul 12 2006, 04:35 PM) *

Who won the RC car?

My 13 yr old son. He had a great time at the WCC and shot some really nice pic's. He has already purchased 5 spoke wheels and rubbed out the roof on the RC car. He wants me to get you to paint one like series 9's car - the 914 RS!!!

We'll see.

Excellent! Looks like I don't need to tell you that I forgot to glue the tires to the rims after all. I love to see kids getting involved... it'll keep the car hobby rolling.
jimtab
Nice pics everyone...it was great but we just got back this evening....Looonnng trip thru Washington and Oregon and back down the coast to home....had 2 days of rain in Washington and Oregon and blistering heat when back in Ca. I'll post the few pics my POS camera deigned to produce for me. I'm already jonesing for that great beer and tequila. Actually, I just had a sip of the Scotch my sweetie brought me back from Scotland...it's the same year as my car (1973) didn't cost quite as much but it's a hellova lot smoother....mmmmmmm. 10-4. over and out, Jim
double-a
yep, when the chips were down, the engine puked a spark plug. we were bummed to say the least, missed the entire mt. hood experience. but since that car sat undriven for 20 years, it was probably just a matter of time anyway.

mucho thanks to craig for his generous assistance, and to dan and troy for wrenching on my car in the heat of the day. when we get back from victoria, i'll assess the damage and find a new 1.8 head. and i need to figure out what to do with the olympic blue 914 that we won at the raffle.

it was great to meet everyone!

~a
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 10 2006, 08:43 PM) *

While everyone was basking int he glow at Timberline and down the back side to Hood River and The Vista House. I received a call from Aaron Gilihan that he was way back in Sandy at Shortys Corner with spark that did not want to stay in the head.
So I put his car ont he tow dolly, and headed bact to I84 to take him home so he could get his wfies BMW convertible to continue on the tour.
Instead we ran inot the MASH unit from up north, Dan Root, Troy Messix, and Geoff Hines,and a few others who shot out of the gas station and headed east on I84 to hookup with the rest of the group.
Pics show Dan and Troy tolling away on the plug hole, but to no avail. The car now rests at CAMP 914, waiting for the surgeon to return.
CCLINSTAT
GWN7
my turn.....

First ...While lost and looking for the hotel I found this one....The Beaver Inn...it has a pool and strippers.....

next the back lot....

Meet & greet later on in the front lot....

Story time...

Abandon all hope those who enter here...

Beer factory ....Thanks

More parking lot Bsing

More bsing

Lucky Playing Host
GWN7
sea of 914's

another view

We all found shade

Don't pour the beer down, just hand it to me...

Needs new muffle bearings

More Neverland Peeps

Master teaching Grasshopper new tricks....

The Charlie Brown Tree...we had to feed it kites for it's shade... fair trade

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.