914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Air_Cooled_Nut
Headed up to Mt. Hood.
Click to view attachment
Air_Cooled_Nut
Same.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Almost there. Lot's of kids snowboarding. Great day and hot.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Coming off the mountain and getting ready to turn left and up to Hood River. Then someone's CIS 6-er just died sad.gif Turned out to be the fuel pump fuse...replaced and on our way.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Official lunch stop in Hood River, next to the Columbia River. I figured some of you guys would like to see some hot tail laugh.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
The other row of teeners.
Air_Cooled_Nut
This is actually a stitched, panoramic view of the above cars.

Hot day (well, for The Middle Of No-Where, that is jsharp.gif ) so lot's of open engine lids and people packed into the little shade there was.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Back at the Monarch Hotel parking lot after a short scenic detour of the old highway and a stop at The Edgefield for some refreshments.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Aaron's nice 1.8...with a hole where a spark plug decided to free itself sad.gif Nothing a little Helicoil won't fix!
Scott Carlberg
great pics Guys & Gals.

to prove that I was thinking of you 06 WCC folks....

I wore my 2004 WCC Polo to a birthday party today! clap56.gif

Air_Cooled_Nut
It wouldn't be a true 914 event without jackstands biggrin.gif This is a looker and has the paint my car should be if it weren't for a cheap-ass PO who painted the car with some very cheap, yellow paint.
Air_Cooled_Nut
smile.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
smile.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
The Rat-Pack! Some how the cosmetically challenged teeners ended up at this end.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Not all of them were ratty but here's two good candidates (mine is the yellow one):
Air_Cooled_Nut
We all need love beer3.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
burnout.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
What green looks like with and without vinyl:
Air_Cooled_Nut
Nice rims on a nice teener. The sun was very bright while it was setting so the off-hue of the wheel is due to the light reflecting off the very ORANGE car next to her, which you can see in the reflection in the paint smile.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Last of my pictures. Another stitched, panoramic view of the hotel parking lot before heading off to dinner, silent auction, and raffle.

Great day, sunny and hot, met some new faces and put some faces to names. Y'all are a great group. Except when giving directions, that needs some work biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
We counted about 47 teeners in the parking lot but not all of them came on the rally/cruise. My odometer read roughly 206 miles, mentally subracting the drive to and from the hotel from my house across the river. Filled up at home and got just under a 1/4 tank of gas according to the highly accurate ( biggrin.gif ) gas gauge when the day was over.

Note to next year planners, break the groups up into 6-10 cars so they can travel together. It's more fun -- and impressive -- if the cars are grouped together and not strung out with lead foots "leading" the way. Or something along those lines. Was I able to keep up? Not a problem. But others weren't and/or they didn't want to travel 20mph+ over the speed limit like two of our followers got pulled over for (no tickets issued thank goodness).
Toast
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jul 8 2006, 11:55 PM) *

Same.

laugh.gif A white smokey
Toast
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jul 8 2006, 09:43 PM) *

Who's this happy Camper???

This should be a hard one for the So Cal contingent............idea.gif
Bernbomb!!
Toast
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jul 8 2006, 09:46 PM) *

Who's car is this on???

Hummm..........sure looks like a sexy lady in black to me. I'll call her Elvira. drooley.gif
bye1.gif John
pfierb
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 9 2006, 12:21 AM) *

Saturday drive to Timberline

Nice pictures Ed....Beautiful country almost as pretty as Springfield.

Paul
markb
Just beautiful.
I'm very envious.
Gustl
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 9 2006, 11:28 AM) *

Just beautiful.
I'm very envious.

agree.gif me too
majkos
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 9 2006, 01:56 AM) *

Just beautiful.
I'm very envious.

agree.gif me too

agree.gif me three!
Looks to be a FUN event! aktion035.gif
iamchappy
Im bummed, my 914 with the wind surfer on the rack would of been right at home in Hood River.
Lou W
QUOTE(majkos @ Jul 9 2006, 07:12 AM) *

Just beautiful.
I'm very envious.

agree.gif me too

agree.gif me three!

agree.gif I wish I was there sad.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
I'm terrible with names so please forgive me. There were teeners taking lots of pictures so y'all will see more when people get home but one teener took a picture of everyone as we were leaving the mountain. You saw the two above (Bruce Allert) and here's mine:
Click to view attachment

Thanks to the person who did this and please take credit when you get the chance clap56.gif
Eric_Shea
Why I'm not at the WCC06... sad.gif

This is how I spent my Saturday. Next year... next year...
sixnotfour
We all need love

Fiid? Suby conversion pretty neat ,Funny guy too , sittin next to me revin the engine WTF with his best cool dood look ,I think he wanted to race ? it was a classic moment.
effutuo101
Got back home about 2:15 am from our day run. What a blast! For the first time ever ( that I know of) the tour actually took off on time!
Jeff, Dan and I left Jeffs house about 6:15 on saturday morning. We arrived about 9:20 am at the hotel and the tour had already left! It was all good though.
We got to meet up with the people that remained behind to work on cars. About 1 pm, we headed backwards on the tour to catch up with everybody. We stopped for gas and saw the Orange six being towed. Dan opted to stay and help on that one while the rest of us made a run up the river. We caught up with everybody on their river stop.
Lots of 914's. I took pictures as we headed to the next stop.
It was great to see Ferg, Gint and Sharon again!
I will get the pics from my phone this afternoon and post them.
BTW. Filled up in Portland and drove home. I will get the gas and milage figures out later this afternoon.
majkos
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jul 9 2006, 02:08 PM) *

Got back home about 2:15 am from our day run. What a blast! For the first time ever ( that I know of) the tour actually took off on time!
Jeff, Dan and I left Jeffs house about 6:15 on saturday morning. We arrived about 9:20 am at the hotel and the tour had already left! It was all good though.
We got to meet up with the people that remained behind to work on cars. About 1 pm, we headed backwards on the tour to catch up with everybody. We stopped for gas and saw the Orange six being towed. Dan opted to stay and help on that one while the rest of us made a run up the river. We caught up with everybody on their river stop.
Lots of 914's. I took pictures as we headed to the next stop.
It was great to see Ferg, Gint and Sharon again!
I will get the pics from my phone this afternoon and post them.
BTW. Filled up in Portland and drove home. I will get the gas and milage figures out later this afternoon.

"It's all good" smoke.gif
God ,it's good to hear THAT!
Glad to hear you've made it,Chris!

Sounds like exciting times!! clap56.gif
Alison Baker
Hey.. Iwould love too be there.I miss the snow.......

Look's like you guy's are having a good time............
xitspd
QUOTE(Lou W @ Jul 9 2006, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(majkos @ Jul 9 2006, 07:12 AM) *

Just beautiful.
I'm very envious.

agree.gif me too

agree.gif me three!

agree.gif I wish I was there sad.gif

Beautiful! I wish that 555 and I could be there with you. "Friendship multiplies the good of life and divides the evil. "Tis the sole remedy against misfortune, the very ventilation of the soul". You guys are great!

Dan

effutuo101
Good to hear from you Kevin! are you going to RRC? I am debating it now. I owe you beer3.gif
Eric Taylor
The pictures are great guys. Sure was a lot of fun. Just got home about 5 and the car performed flawlessly. We only broke down once on the way up to Mt. Hood but were in good company and things worked out and the car started and had no issues since. Today's event at PIR was just awesome. We had both the historic races and the auto x going at the same time. It was my first time at the track or around anything like that and I was really in awe. So much cool stuff at once. I really enjoyed watching the bahia red 3.2 6 autox, he would lite the tires off going a little sideways at first and then catch traction. Once it caught that guy was so dam fast, really trick car, one of my fav's. So many good cars and so much all at once. It's a great experience.

Hey toby who got pulled over?

eric
effutuo101
busted_cop.gif we need this with a unhappy face.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Eric Taylor @ Jul 9 2006, 05:13 PM) *

eric

As I heard it from McMark & Andy...

"We were at the end of the line following the 914's up to Mt. Hood when we saw the State Cop pointing his radar gun at the group. After we went passed he pulled out, caught up & pulled us over. He said, "were you trying to keep up with those Porsche's???" Told him we were and that we were affiliated he said I clocked them at 75 mph and you guys were doing 77 so I figured I had to pull you guys over cuz you were faster!"

But he let'm go with a warning & a short cut of how to beat us to where we were going to end up. So... he was a nice cop after all...
Good cop, giv'm a donut! clap56.gif

.....b
Porsche Rescue
Eric, red 3.2 is Gary Chapman (DRGChapman on the board). Very good driver and very fast car.
Eric Taylor
Jim - Yeah that car was awesome. It was so straight and he really knew how to toss it around. To bad I didn't get a chance to complement him on it.

Glad no 914's got pulled over.
Eric
cbenitah
Man I wish I had my car and went up north!! Next year, next year!! Have a great time guys!! party.gif
Bleyseng
pics
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Jul 9 2006, 05:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric Taylor @ Jul 9 2006, 05:13 PM) *

eric

As I heard it from McMark & Andy...

"We were at the end of the line following the 914's up to Mt. Hood when we saw the State Cop pointing his radar gun at the group. After we went passed he pulled out, caught up & pulled us over. He said, "were you trying to keep up with those Porsche's???" Told him we were and that we were affiliated he said I clocked them at 75 mph and you guys were doing 77 so I figured I had to pull you guys over cuz you were faster!"

But he let'm go with a warning & a short cut of how to beat us to where we were going to end up. So... he was a nice cop after all...
Good cop, giv'm a donut! clap56.gif

.....b

Yup, and I was the lead Porsche stromberg.gif and trying to catch up to the pack that left us (an RV is what separated us and it took a while for him to move out of the way on the two-laner) Don't need to tell you the size of my pooper when I saw him whip a U-turn in my rear view mirror. Thus my comment about keeping the groups together and under 20+mph over the limit...
morph
just got home was great to see everyone who made it.good turn out
i have a few photos to share put them up later
james
Bleyseng
more pics.

Yeah, I just got home and am tired especially since I only had 2,3 and 5th due to the shattered shift coupling bushing like Turtlegirl. What a pain....but we went 70-75mph all the way until Tacoma..ugh. the traffic around the Tacoma dome was so bad.
Bleyseng
more
Bleyseng
pir
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.