2 for the /6s.

laugh.gif

I have a /6 I have yet to see boobies in mine!! Damn! mad.gif
Dr Evil
Frosty boobies?
Series9
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 12 2006, 10:30 PM) *

Frosty boobies?

Yes. She was a trooper. That was Friday night at RRC. It was in the high 30s.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Series9 @ Nov 12 2006, 10:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 12 2006, 10:30 PM) *

Frosty boobies?

Yes. She was a trooper. That was Friday night at RRC. It was in the high 30s.

That pic doesn't show the half of it! How about when she was driving in that shit doing 80 with no top(on the car biggrin.gif ) and no back window. Liz is the real deal!
brant
QUOTE(trekkor @ Nov 11 2006, 11:50 PM) *

I was just there today.
Got a phone cord end to make a longer line for my Hot Lap in-car timer.

Need parts for your track car? Home Depot.

KT

KT,

that phone cord doesn't have the correct wire order.
you will have to cut one end off and reverse the order.
with a standard cord, the timmer will display a new lap every 5 seconds.

brant
DanT
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 12 2006, 09:53 PM) *

QUOTE(trekkor @ Nov 11 2006, 11:50 PM) *

I was just there today.
Got a phone cord end to make a longer line for my Hot Lap in-car timer.

Need parts for your track car? Home Depot.

KT

KT,

that phone cord doesn't have the correct wire order.
you will have to cut one end off and reverse the order.
with a standard cord, the timmer will display a new lap every 5 seconds.

brant

agree.gif Yep. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
I read the instructions biggrin.gif

I even tested the thing, as my TV remote control would trigger it unsure.gif

KT
DanT
Interesting....the older ones....I have one of them...
You had to change the order on the phone cord to make it work correctly...maybe the newer ones are different...I have had mine over 10 years. dry.gif

before it was owned by Longacre smile.gif
brant

Agreed Dan,

I have 2 of the early style and am in the process of having a custom cord made right now for one of them...

hmm.. must of changed.
wbergtho
This is where it all start for me, Donnybrooke. AKA BIR

Attached image(s)

Hey Chappy,

That Kart looks very scary fast. Twin cylinder two stroke. How big was the engine and how fast was it on the straights? I bet north of 110mph.......
DanT
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 12 2006, 10:41 PM) *

Agreed Dan,

I have 2 of the early style and am in the process of having a custom cord made right now for one of them...

hmm.. must of changed.

By the way Brant...from what I hear....Orange 914s are fastest whether they are 4 or 6 cylinder biggrin.gif I think that racerChris would agree also smile.gif
Trekkor
you will have to cut one end off and reverse the order

yes, I did that.

All laps today were timed...Hoorah!

KT
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Nov 13 2006, 01:57 AM) *
...Orange 914s are fastest whether they are 4 or 6 cylinder biggrin.gif I think that racerChris would agree also smile.gif

thumb3d.gif There's no doubt!
Bleyseng
They stopped making 914/6's cuz they DIDN'T SELL. They sat on the docks waiting to a smuck to buy them here in the USA with that wimpy 110hp six.
Joe Bob
They didn't sell because they were priced right below the 911...VW's new CEO fucked them on the body pricing as they controlled the contract with Karmann......the original handshake agreement between Porsche and VW wasn't honored.
iamchappy
Bill,
90cc Mcculloch running Nitrobenzene oil 2 stroke said to of been clocked at 165 MPH but I think closer to 140's BIR straight 110 single engine( front end got light on me once and lifted the front few inches, that was scary)The number panel on the front was my only downforce. Enduro Kart was geared real low as I weighed nothing back then but it still burned a lot of clutch getting started. I was to young to compete with the twin engine setup but ran them in practice events.
You can understand why I eventually ended up with a 914 turbo monster.

I sold it to the sister of a boy with cancer for a few hundred bucks, It was his dream to have a Kart like this.

Many years later I saw it at a Minneapolis Custom car show.
wbergtho
That's badass!
Sammy
Now hold on a darn minute. What are you doin, eating them?
How many seals are you gonna go through?
grantsfo
QUOTE(Sammy @ Nov 13 2006, 11:19 AM) *

If youre going to eat seals at least prepare them properly.

http://harborsealcommission.org/recipes.html
Aaron Cox
"save the whales.... shoot the seals... save them big fat funky whales...."

IPB Image
G e o r g e
can you use seal blubber to pack CV joints in a 6?

i know it works in a 4 biggrin.gif
JPB
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 13 2006, 05:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Sammy @ Nov 13 2006, 11:19 AM) *

If youre going to eat seals at least prepare them properly.

http://harborsealcommission.org/recipes.html

Sweet delish and cheap protein. Where can I get some oh dat?

beer.gif Club the seals and save the fish population. smilie_pokal.gif
Sammy
Didja hear about the penguin who took his car to the mechanic?
After a few minutes the mechanic walked up to the penguin and said "it looks like you blew a seal".
The penguin wiped off his chin and said "no, I just ate some ice-cream".
ba da bump.
Prolly tastes just like miracle whip.
SLITS
QUOTE(Sammy @ Nov 13 2006, 03:27 PM) *

Didja hear about the penguin who took his car to the mechanic?
After a few minutes the mechanic walked up to the penguin and said "it looks like you blew a seal".
The penguin wiped off his chin and said "no, I just ate some ice-cream".
ba da bump.
Prolly tastes just like miracle whip.

That sounds like the voice of experience ...... apparently you traveled north during your un-noticed absense. I tag you a Mayo lover .... now, get in yer slow ass-dragger and head east to be with your kin.
Sammy
Maybe this wikend i kin git out.
Hafta time it twixt baseball and soccer games an church.

Type 4 Unleashed
Here's my contribution to this posting happy11.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-JB6JzzY4Yw
grantsfo
Celebrities race 914-6's ...remind me again who races 914'-4's other than washed up amateurs?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jJIwKv4nFls
Howard
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 13 2006, 08:59 PM) *

Celebrities race 914-6's ...remind me again who races 914'-4's other than washed up amatures?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jJIwKv4nFls

I didn't know you were a celeb. But at least some of us amateurs can spell. poke.gif
TonyAKAVW
I'm a little late to join the /6 vs. /4 debate. I say neither are any good. That is, aircooled Porsche 6 or VW type 4. They are old, and pretty much across the board have been outdone in the decades since they were originally designed.

Its like having a debate between vinyl record players and 8-track tape players. Sure they have that unique sound, but what good are they anymore really? (aside from the real purists)

For $15,000 you can probably make an 8 track sound pretty close to a good record player, and a $15,000 record player will probalby sound as good as or maybe better than a CD player. But at some point you ask, what would a $15,000 CD player sound like?

So I'm not going to debate which is better because I say they are both irrelevant.

-Tony
mightyohm
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Nov 14 2006, 03:43 PM) *

Its like having a debate between vinyl record players and 8-track tape players. Sure they have that unique sound, but what good are they anymore really? (aside from the real purists)

So I'm not going to debate which is better because I say they are both irrelevant.

-Tony

In a lot of ways... agree.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Nov 14 2006, 06:43 PM) *

I'm a little late to join the /6 vs. /4 debate. I say neither are any good. That is, aircooled Porsche 6 or VW type 4. They are old, and pretty much across the board have been outdone in the decades since they were originally designed.

For $15,000 you can probably make an 8 track sound pretty close to a good record player, and a $15,000 record player will probalby sound as good as or maybe better than a CD player. But at some point you ask, what would a $15,000 CD player sound like?

-Tony

Dude - don't be theexperience_hud.gif

sheeplove.gif

ph34r.gif
TonyAKAVW
Dude
jwalters
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Nov 14 2006, 07:25 PM) *

Dude

Dood?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(jwalters @ Nov 14 2006, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Nov 14 2006, 07:25 PM) *

Dude

Dood?

Dud
jwalters
DOOOOODE !!!!! flipa.gif
iamchappy
I prefer the sound of record players over cd's..
jwalters
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Nov 14 2006, 07:52 PM) *

agree.gif LP's are much more "rich" sounding.

Having trouble keeping them from skipping in my teener tho - sad.gif
TonyAKAVW

Here's a good one... Listen to Money from Dark Side of The Moon on Vinyl, CD, and MP3. The sound of the coins dropping is really 'noise' and shows the surprising difference between these three technologies. Vinyl seems to capture it best, with CD sound very close, and MP3 sounding just horrible (by comparison).

-Tony
jwalters
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Nov 14 2006, 08:00 PM) *

Here's a good one... Listen to Money from Dark Side of The Moon on Vinyl, CD, and MP3. The sound of the coins dropping is really 'noise' and shows the surprising difference between these three technologies. Vinyl seems to capture it best, with CD sound very close, and MP3 sounding just horrible (by comparison).

-Tony

Dude! biggrin.gif That is the pre-eminent album to listen to on LP! Not only the coins, but the nature reverb from being recorded in concert hall. Computers don't quite know what to make of it, and it all gets lost in translation -

"learning to fly and wolves" kick ass too -
thomasotten
Six versus four.... someone mentioned Dark side of the Moon, why don't we have a real debate, like is Pink Floyd really Pink Floyd without Roger Waters....
grantsfo
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Nov 14 2006, 07:14 PM) *

Six versus four.... someone mentioned Dark side of the Moon, why don't we have a real debate, like is Pink Floyd really Pink Floyd without Roger Waters....

Because its not a debate. Pink Floyd ceased to exist after Roger Waters.
914werke
if thats so Pink Floyd ceased to exist after Syd Barret alfred.gif
jwalters
Sooooo -if you were given / had access to tickets to see "Pink Floyd" in concert, you WOULD pass up on it??? confused24.gif

ph34r.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Nov 14 2006, 09:48 PM) *

if thats so Pink Floyd ceased to exist after Syd Barret alfred.gif

Now there's a debate
Bleyseng
Soo, who is Pink Floyd? laugh.gif
Sammy
Sooooo -if you were given / had access to tickets to see "Pink Floyd" in concert, you WOULD pass up on it???

Yep. I would give em away.

I saw a pink floyd concert on TV recently, I don't think i would be able to stay awake for the whole show.
reminded me of Led Zepplin's "song remains the same" movie. I went to see it about 10 times at teh midnight showing when i was younger (much younger). i wass a big Zep fan, but I don't think i ever stayed awake through the entire show. It was just more piled higher and deeper. After 10 minutes you've seen it all, now you just get to sit there and see it a hundred more times. Kinda like a NASCAR race.
I don't use drugs tho. Maybe if I did it would be better.......
jwalters
QUOTE(Sammy @ Nov 15 2006, 10:37 AM) *

I don't use drugs tho. Maybe if I did it would be better.......

unsure.gif hide.gif Uhhh - YES IT WILL! unsure.gif
tat2dphreak
/6's make my pee yellow.

but /4s make my farts stink...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.