Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just want to share my 914 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
914pipe
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jun 25 2017, 11:06 AM) *

Your lower spring perches are on upside down...
That said, I love the build! I'm using the EG33 also but in a different configuration and I'm nowhere near your stage of the build but I'm trudging along. Looking really good! smilie_pokal.gif

True!!!
flmont
did you ever drive the car with the 901 trans,..?? If so, how did the gearing run out,...Iam using a stk 901 with my 33 also ,.?? Thanks Frank
914pipe
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 29 2017, 06:00 PM) *

did you ever drive the car with the 901 trans,..?? If so, how did the gearing run out,...Iam using a stk 901 with my 33 also ,.?? Thanks Frank

I did drive the car with the 901, It run good but didn't like the shifting. In very little time I sold the adapter and bought a 2006 WRX tranny, made the cable shifter and it is a complete different animal...... I'm still using the stock outer CV joints and would need to upgrade soon.... I have 11 rear rims with 285 tires... and if I drop the hammer, even rolling, this thing goes sideways...and I know I will brake them soon....

beer.gif
flmont
What did u think of the gear ratio's and did it some pull thru the stk gears, also how was the cruisING speeds ?? Thanks Frank
914pipe
Installed new Temp Sensor and Gauge. Didn't trust the old one. Bought Fahrenheit and send me Celsius dry.gif .

Anyway the car never went over 82 C, that is about 180 F.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
That cleaned up really well!!!

Good job!
914pipe
Today I finally decide to work on my hood. The idea was to split in half the vent from the radiator to the hood. Why I needed to do that? Cause if I fix it to the hood it won’t open due to interference of a reinforce tube (pipe). Anyway this is what I end with. Still need to bondo it to make it look better. But is functional for now.

Did I mention I hate to work with fiberglass!!!! happy11.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ablesnead
you really don't need a fan much over 25 mile an hour....your installation will actually block flow thru at higher speeds...might be good enough for your street driving though ...
Andyrew
I like it! BUT you need a leading edge on the front of your hood exhaust to promote the venturi effect and get that airflow over the hood to suck air out of the radiator. Doesnt take much. Some kind of lip probaby an inch high would do wonders.

IPB Image
mgp4591
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 24 2017, 10:07 AM) *

I like it! BUT you need a leading edge on the front of your hood exhaust to promote the venturi effect and get that airflow over the hood to suck air out of the radiator. Doesnt take much. Some kind of lip probaby an inch high would do wonders.

IPB Image

The Gurney Flap! aktion035.gif
914pipe
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Jul 24 2017, 03:51 AM) *

you really don't need a fan much over 25 mile an hour....your installation will actually block flow thru at higher speeds...might be good enough for your street driving though ...

I will check on that. Average temperature here during summer is 90 F degrees. I always let the car to get to at least 160 degrees before going for a ride and never goes over 185 F degrees. Haven't taken the car for a trip longer than 30 minutes, so I’ll tell how it went on a longer trip. Thanks!
914pipe
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jul 25 2017, 02:06 AM) *

IPB Image

I used to have a “leading edge” (you can see it earlier on this threat) but I didn’t like how it turned out, so I rip it off and started from scratch. But yes… I will fab a leading edge.
I was thinking on something like this….but still not sure….

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanx for the advise.!!

Andyrew
QUOTE(914pipe @ Jul 25 2017, 06:09 PM) *

IPB Image

I used to have a “leading edge” (you can see it earlier on this threat) but I didn’t like how it turned out, so I rip it off and started from scratch. But yes… I will fab a leading edge.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanx for the advise.!!

I like it! You no longer have a v8 so you wont need maximum cooling so I bet it'll be just fine! Are you going to graft it into your hood?
914pipe
I might want something removable...
914pipe
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 25 2017, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(914pipe @ Jul 25 2017, 06:09 PM) *

IPB Image

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanx for the advise.!!

I like it! You no longer have a v8 so you wont need maximum cooling so I bet it'll be just fine! Are you going to graft it into your hood?

I might want something removable...
914pipe
Been a while since I posted!!! I being doing bodywork (that I HATE), sanding and painting.

I still need to work on the hood. I already painted the car but need to fix some orange peels, runs, cut and buff....
My goal is to participate in the Okteenfest that is going to happen about 30 miles from here in September.

Here are some progress pics!!!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Wow - that is going to be a real monster on the road. beerchug.gif
76-914
I like the look. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Looks great! Congrats!
flmont
Still sporting the EG33..?
914pipe
QUOTE(flmont @ Jun 24 2019, 05:35 PM) *

Still sporting the EG33..?

Yes Sir! Love that engine!
flmont
Iam really hoping mine works out also,..any upgrades to the motor or did you use that Subi chip or all stk....Thanks Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.