Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2008 Announcement " The Dates are Here"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 25 2008, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 21 2008, 10:59 AM) *

Reason #81: Andy will be holding a "German Swear Word Clinic" in the parking lot over some fine lager!!! Face it guys. This is something we NEED to know. mad.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif whip[1].gif drunk.gif

So, if I interpret the smiley-language correctly, the German swear word clinic is a go. Andy has agreed to it. aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914
aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif
sixnotfour
I can hear the first words out of Jake's mouth in that exchange. "Fool! Radiators are for pussies!!!"

We need a Jake smiley...

uh isnt he the guy thats has a new Boxster program starting ?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 25 2008, 11:49 AM) *

I can hear the first words out of Jake's mouth in that exchange. "Fool! Radiators are for pussies!!!"

We need a Jake smiley...

agree.gif You are right Jeff, but he refers to it as his one watercooled POS and it is only around for business reasons. No one who starts a 914 related business can count on a long and growing business. The cars and parts are too limited. He had to branch out. He did not have to like it. You have to admire a guy who sticks to his principles...
DNHunt
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 25 2008, 12:00 PM) *

We need a Jake smiley...

agree.gif You are right Jeff, but he refers to it as his one watercooled POS and it is only around for business reasons. No one who starts a 914 related business can count on a long and growing business. The cars and parts are too limited. He had to branch out. He did not have to like it. You have to admire a guy who sticks to his principles...

Actually, from what I saw, most of his business is non 914 applications of type IV. I think he is going to be doing some boxster stuff. He drives a 986 sometimes. He also drives his wife's big ass pickup a sweet bus with a type IV and the Pinzgauer that I've seen.

He says the type IV is his love. He absolutely came out of his shoes when my engine broke 200hp. He made me look like a stoic and it was my engine. So, I believe him.

When I was down there he said he would try to make WCR, but I couldn't pin him down. I offered my car to him cause I figured I'd be driving a sag wagon.

Dave
ConeDodger
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jan 25 2008, 03:48 PM) *

We need a Jake smiley...

Actually, from what I saw, most of his business is non 914 applications of type IV. I think he is going to be doing some boxster stuff. He drives a 986 sometimes. He also drives his wife's big ass pickup a sweet bus with a type IV and the Pinzgauer that I've seen.

He says the type IV is his love. He absolutely came out of his shoes when my engine broke 200hp. He made me look like a stoic and it was my engine. So, I believe him.

When I was down there he said he would try to make WCR, but I couldn't pin him down. I offered my car to him cause I figured I'd be driving a sag wagon.

Dave

Hmmm... seems our Dr. Dave has been around bicycle or long-distance running events...
DNHunt
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 25 2008, 04:46 PM) *

We need a Jake smiley...

Dave

Hmmm... seems our Dr. Dave has been around bicycle or long-distance running events...

Uh right, but one look at my gut will show you it's been a while. Which brings us to:

Reason number 73 to come to WCR 08. I promise to keep my gut covered
ConeDodger
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jan 25 2008, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 25 2008, 04:46 PM) *

We need a Jake smiley...

Dave

Uh right, but one look at my gut will show you it's been a while. Which brings us to:

Reason number 73 to come to WCR 08. I promise to keep my gut covered

Well there you go... You and me both brother. No guts showing. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Top 100 Reasons to go to WCR in Seattle"

Reason #72 Yopu will be there! drooley.gif Ok, that is really my reason... happy11.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Top 100 Reasons to go to WCR in Seattle:

Reason #71: Scenes like this!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 25 2008, 10:09 AM) *

Reason #75: Engine chats in person with Jake Raby if we can lure him up there...

I should be able to make it....
Bleyseng
If Jake's coming then we need a engine blow! How about old smokey Dave???
ConeDodger

Reason #70: Six vs: Four arguments... in person! slap.gif av-943.gif
ConeDodger

Reason #69: Learn new and creative hangover remedies in the parking lot in the mornings!!! beer3.gif
ConeDodger

Reason #68: We can all stand around and talk about how Michael's 914 was found, hopefully!

That is Michael's wife trying out a late model 914 at an event put together by she and Michael a couple years back!
ConeDodger

Reason #67: Almost every jackstand free 914 that exists will be there!
ConeDodger

Reason #66: You had nothing better to do anyway!
SGB
DO IT!

I wish I could.....

Itsa pretty long road trip....
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SGB @ Feb 1 2008, 03:39 PM) *

DO IT!

I wish I could.....

Itsa pretty long road trip....

Oh come on! You're in Huntsville! Strap a rocket to that thing and make a short trip of it... av-943.gif
ConeDodger

Reason #65: Watching Grant and Jake talking face to face. From a safe distance of course! av-943.gif
bmtrnavsky
My wife and I will be there in our 73 2.0L. Of course its only about a 30 minute drive for us!

-Brad piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger

Reason #64: Sometimes you get to see as many flared cars as narrow body cars. But usually, only at WCR! It would be pretty cool if this car showed up but I doubt it...
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif
sixnotfour
Reason #64: Sometimes you get to see as many flared cars as narrow body cars. But usually, only at WCR! It would be pretty cool if this car showed up but I doubt it...

The car may not , but the guy who imported it and raced it might.
PeeGreen 914
Is your factory GT going to be finished by then? piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
Oh! Now I have your attention. I hear that guy is a real Meaney though... av-943.gif
sixnotfour
Oh! Now I have your attention. I hear that guy is a real Meaney though...

Ralph's a good guy , Has lots of real stories he likes to share.
Like the time this guy ..........guess you'll have to get it from him
ConeDodger
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 3 2008, 01:35 PM) *

Oh! Now I have your attention. I hear that guy is a real Meaney though...

Ralph's a good guy , Has lots of real stories he likes to share.
Like the time this guy ..........guess you'll have to get it from him

Any chance you could get him there Jeff?

sixnotfour
Yes I told him about it , I will be talkin to him again this week.
he wrenches for Scott Taylor long time -6 racer

BTW the colors on this car are for Waste Mangement , Bruce Levins Garbage competion(bayside disposal) , back in the day.
McMark
Ralph at the WCR would be awesome! smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
It would be a big draw if you can pull it off Jeff...
ConeDodger

Reason #63: Possibly meeting, chating and getting an autograph from Ralph Meaney! If you have to ask why that is cool, sell your 914! dry.gif
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif Hell, I'd have him sign my 914. That would be awsome. aktion035.gif
ConeDodger
Actually Jon, You said it before I could. I have an almost perfect dash pad that is flawless in every way except that Ralph has not signed it. I love that car so much I think I have every picture in the world stuffed on my hard drive. Mmmmmmmmm Conda Green I think. Very nice.
ConeDodger

Reason #62: You know you want to!
ConeDodger

Reason #61: Michael Got his car back and he is going!!!
ConeDodger

Reason #60: All the advice is free!!! And you can ask questions faster than you can type!
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif You're killing me with those pics piratenanner.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 7 2008, 09:56 AM) *

drooley.gif You're killing me with those pics piratenanner.gif

Oh there are more Jon... Keep checking!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif Get your arse to the top of the page icon_bump.gif
ConeDodger

Reason #59: You know you are wondering why they call it the soggy side of nowhere!
PeeGreen 914
I could really use those fuel rails. Man this car is amazing. More pics more biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Reason #58: Seeing other 914's that are "done" motivates you to get yours "done". (are they ever "done")
rhodyguy
rob, you're going to deplete your days to reasons ratio at this rate. what will you do? start counting back up?

k
ConeDodger
Kevin,
You would think with all of that education I would be able to think of something but right now I am at a loss!!! Maybe I can go to fractions. Reason #30.25...
rhodyguy
see ya in issaquah.
ConeDodger
icon_bump.gif
Dr. Roger

Hmmmm, now I'm starting to consider this event.... but am interviewing for a new job on Thursday.... new job/asking for time off within 5 months of starting? :-/
PeeGreen 914
It's already been to 69. Rob is counting down. Sorry.

Hey, you never know. They may give you time off in time wink.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Feb 12 2008, 01:11 AM) *

It's already been to 69. Rob is counting down. Sorry.

Hey, you never know. They may give you time off in time wink.gif

I'm sure going to find out shortly. beerchug.gif
Bebe is running so well <knock on wood> she needs to get a few events under her belt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.