Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2008 Announcement " The Dates are Here"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PeeGreen 914
Did you know that Jimmy Hendicks and Kurt Cobain and Bruce Lee are all buried in Seattle? aktion035.gif

You could be too biggrin.gif happy11.gif
So.Cal.914
huh.gif
PeeGreen 914
av-943.gif

I always found it weird when I was bartending some of the people I served were actually on vacation here to go see the grave sites. They didn't come to see the beautiful city, go to the mountains, ride a ferry... or ride a fairy, yes we have those too.... Or anything else. Why would you go on a vacation to see some dead guys tomb?
Twise
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 2 2008, 10:07 PM) *

Ooooh, this is going to be quite a drive from Napa to Seattle. driving.gif

Try San Diego to Seattle, makes my ass hurt just thinking about it....

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 9 2008, 02:10 PM) *

av-943.gif

I always found it weird when I was bartending some of the people I served were actually on vacation here to go see the grave sites. They didn't come to see the beautiful city, go to the mountains, ride a ferry... or ride a fairy, yes we have those too.... Or anything else. Why would you go on a vacation to see some dead guys tomb?

I went and saw Bruce Lee's and sadly Brandons graves when I was there. I don't know why, just did... Got fish and chips at the market - froze my ass off on your ferry, and then got the hell out of there.

My sisters both live in Gig Harbor - Is that close to where this is all going down?
PeeGreen 914
Actually very close. You just take the ferry into Seattle and the hotel is only 30 minutes from there.
rhodyguy
first you have to drive to bremerton and take a ferry to seattle, or take the southworth boat to vashon and then another boat ride to west seattle. driving is about 1 hour. quicker just to drive from gh. whole lot cheaper too.
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Top 100 reasons to go to WCR Seattle:

Reason #98 - It will not rain, it will not rain, repeat after me... It will not rain...

w00t.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Top 100 Reasons to go to WCR in Seattle!

Reason #97: Lots of people who know how to fix your car when it breaks... Again. mad.gif
ConeDodger

Top 100 Reasons to go to WCR in Seattle:

Reason #96, SirAndy will be there to teach you how to party all night! aktion035.gif w00t.gif
Gary
QUOTE(Twise @ Jan 9 2008, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 2 2008, 10:07 PM) *

Ooooh, this is going to be quite a drive from Napa to Seattle. driving.gif

Try San Diego to Seattle, makes my ass hurt just thinking about it....

It's not so bad. My wife and I did a 20th anniversary drive up 101 in '06 - were shooting for Portland for WCR. Started in Chula Vista about 4 miles from TJ. Ended up 5 days later blowing out a CV on the way down from Port Townsend. Good times.
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Reason #95: 30 to 60 914's cruising briskly through the beautiful countryside is a sight you will never forget!
rhodyguy
#94. watching dave hunt get greasy replacing an alternator on someone elses car while everyone stands around drinking beer offering sound advice.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 13 2008, 08:57 AM) *

#94. watching dave hunt get greasy replacing an alternator on someone elses car while everyone stands around drinking beer offering sound advice.

Kevin, I don't think Dave actually replace the alternator. I think he did a root canal on the existing one! av-943.gif
BKLA
Hey, the Portland Historic races are the same weekend. sad.gif

http://www.portlandhistorics.com/

Oooo, lets see. My choices are:

lots of 'teeners getting drunk in a cheap hotel parking lot - drunk.gif or -

watching a bunch of old race cars make lots of noise on parade like laps...

Hey, maybe do the friday and saturday, and do the historic's on sunday biggrin.gif
ConeDodger

Top 100 Reasons to go to WCR in Seattle

Reason #93: It is close to Canada and you can get a snowcone!!! drooley.gif Oh wait, the event is in July... Never mind.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(BKLA @ Jan 14 2008, 07:14 AM) *

Hey, the Portland Historic races are the same weekend. sad.gif

Oooo, lets see. My choices are:

lots of 'teeners getting drunk in a cheap hotel parking lot - drunk.gif or -

watching a bunch of old race cars make lots of noise on parade like laps...

Hey, maybe do the friday and saturday, and do the historic's on sunday biggrin.gif

Or you could get up here early and see the historics at PRI.
ConeDodger

Reason #92: Howard would have wanted you to go... Godspeed Brother...
ConeDodger

Reason #91: Face to face tech time with 914 experts!
boxstr
Hey, if you get an early start on the road heading south from Seattle, you could stop in at PIR for a quick trip around the AX course.
Craig C. Laughlin
ConeDodger

Reason #90: McMark will be there to talk to you about his engine program.

(and if you buy one, he will shave his legs too! biggrin.gif )
LS6/914
Ahhh, reason 91. If the road trip makes it to Port Townsend I can open the shop and show some clients stupid fast cars and some prototype Noble M400/Rosion parts. Plus lots of really good beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif Larry
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(LS6/914 @ Jan 17 2008, 06:44 PM) *

Ahhh, reason 91. If the road trip makes it to Port Townsend I can open the shop and show some clients stupid fast cars and some prototype Noble M400/Rosion parts. Plus lots of really good beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif Larry

I like the sounds of that.... drunk.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(LS6/914 @ Jan 17 2008, 06:44 PM) *

Larry, Thank you so much for helping with the Top 100 reasons but we are counting down, not up! biggrin.gif Yours is reason #89! cheer.gif
ConeDodger

Reason #88: Fresh air with the targa off! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
ConeDodger

Reason #87: A trip to the top of the Space Noodle!!! barf.gif
ConeDodger

Top 100 Reasons to go to the WCR in Seattle:

Reason #86 Even Grant and Trekkor could come. If they pays their way, they can't be 86'ed by a twitchy admin with a "banned button"... shades.gif
pete-stevers
#87......to celebrate our tenth aniversary with a bunch of 914 nuts
ConeDodger
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jan 19 2008, 10:26 AM) *

#87......to celebrate our tenth aniversary with a bunch of 914 nuts

Congratulations Pete! But it is reason #85 as we are counting down.
McMark
Rob, you don't understand how complicated this is..... av-943.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 19 2008, 02:08 PM) *

Rob, you don't understand how complicated this is..... av-943.gif

Reason #84: It is less complicated than counting down from 100! biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
#83. stopping at wapato woolies in greenwater and getting a swell latte. #82.75. watch a member's son get a ticket for failing to heed the POSTED 35MPH SPEED LIMIT while driving thru and beyond greenwater.
ConeDodger

Reason #82: It is likely that you could see and maybe snatch a ride in a 200+HP Type IV 914. You will not believe how nimble and powerful that feels!!!
ConeDodger

Reason #81: Andy will be holding a "German Swear Word Clinic" in the parking lot over some fine lager!!! Face it guys. This is something we NEED to know. mad.gif
ThinAir
It's only 1333 miles from Flagstaff... it's tempting for sure!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Jan 21 2008, 12:10 PM) *

It's only 1333 miles from Flagstaff... it's tempting for sure!

Do it. Do it now drunk.gif
ConeDodger
Careful Ernie... 1333 divided by 2 is 666!!! Ok... and a half biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
All the more reason TO do it biggrin.gif
Gary
Lemme give this a shot:

#80 Fish tacos when the salmon are running, washed down by a pint of Mack and Jacks amber smile.gif .
ConeDodger

Reason #79: Being around about 100 people who think your car is pretty cool is better than being around a 100 people who think you're crazy for driving that old car!
ConeDodger

Reason # 78: 'Cause if I go, Yopu is going and you know you guys want to see her! shades.gif Just keep your hands to yourself fool!
ConeDodger

Reason #77: Bring your radio controlled 914 and have an autocross in the parking lot for 914World RC World Championship!
ConeDodger

Reason #76: You can backdate your bumpers in the parking lot with 25 people who have "been there, done that" standing by to help!
ConeDodger

Reason #75: Engine chats in person with Jake Raby if we can lure him up there...
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif That would be very cool. drunk.gif

Reason #74. We would surround my new born son or daughter with 914s while shaping the mind of my other son biggrin.gif

We have a baby due July 10th and my wife promised me I can go to the WCR biggrin.gif I love her.
messix
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 24 2008, 08:42 AM) *

Reason #76: You can backdate your bumpers in the parking lot with 25 people who have "been there, done that" standing by to help!

this year maybe a 2.7 -6 swap!?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 25 2008, 09:43 AM) *

Oh Oh!!! if you talk about THAT with Jake can I have a front row seat??? av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 25 2008, 11:08 AM) *

Oh Oh!!! if you talk about THAT with Jake can I have a front row seat??? av-943.gif

av-943.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 21 2008, 10:59 AM) *

Reason #81: Andy will be holding a "German Swear Word Clinic" in the parking lot over some fine lager!!! Face it guys. This is something we NEED to know. mad.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif whip[1].gif drunk.gif
messix
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 25 2008, 11:08 AM) *

av-943.gif

i could really get him riled up by doing a sbc conversion stirthepot.gif happy11.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 25 2008, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jan 25 2008, 11:08 AM) *

av-943.gif

i could really get him riled up by doing a sbc conversion stirthepot.gif happy11.gif

I can hear the first words out of Jake's mouth in that exchange. "Fool! Radiators are for pussies!!!"

We need a Jake smiley...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.