Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2008 Announcement " The Dates are Here"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
greenie
West Coast Ramble 2008

“The Soggy Side of Nowhere"

When: July 11th (Friday), 12th (Saturday), 13th (Sunday), 2008

Announcing this year's West Coast Ramble – three days of 914 fun, friends, and activities that will make your summer!

You’ve heard the buzz, you wanted the dates, so here it is! West Coast Ramble 2008, “The Soggy Side of Nowhere” will be based 15 miles east of Seattle in picturesque Issaquah, Washington. You’ll experience scenic drives, Seattle sights, lots of time for car talk, plus time for getting acquainted and reacquainted with your fellow 914 enthusiasts. Although activities and venues are still being finalized, 2008’s Ramble will include:

Friday: Show ‘n Shine; mid day ferry ride and island drive; casual evening gathering

Saturday: Half-day scenic mountain drive; banquet on the Seattle waterfront

Sunday: Casual day – fun activities to be finalized

Lodging:

Official Ramble Venue: Holiday Inn, Issaquah WA ( ph 425-395-1504 )
Room rate $106.00 plus taxes/night, available thru this link only click on "best available" "ttp://www.ihg.com/h/d/HI/1/en/rates/SEAIQ...ATAno=99801505/

Alternate lodging: Motel 6 (approx. rates are $70/night), ph 425-392-8405,
or www.motel6.com (discount available for booking online)
Just a walk across the street for those saving for car parts!

Local RV park: Issaquah Village RV Park 425-392-9233. Rates approx. $49.50 per night; book early, these fill up fast! (GoodSam and AAA discounts available)

Event is open to all interested, as always 914 not required

Registration Fee $75.00 per person ($150.00 max per family, bring the kids ! )

All registration and hotel deadlines 05/01/08

Guaranteed fun for all, we'll see you in Seattle in July!

[b]Click here to sign up
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif COOL drunk.gif smilie_pokal.gif
McMark
SWEEET! driving.gif
jim_hoyland
Great ! biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
i can't wait.....
great reason to head down to seattle.....
i like the no 914 required...
i hope to bring my harlot and my wife
Jake Raby
Anyone got a teener I can borrow??? I actually have time to schedule for this event, but I'd hate to be stuck in a radiator laden rental :-)
McMark
Jake, we can definitely get you in a passenger seat somewhere at the least. There's always a place to ride.
greenie
Wow! Wouldn't Jake be a special guest for the event?

I'm sure a few of us would sign-up to do some engine testing... you have my address if you would like to ship it in advance drooley.gif I'll let you ride shotgun.

On second thought...

Let's cancel the whole thing & have a three day tech session:

Watch Jake Raby install test & tune his new MASSIVE Type XXX!! in Greenies
teener I'll buy the beer.gif

Greenie
rick 918-S
Thanks for staying on this and getting dates! popcorn[1].gif aktion035.gif

What Island?
Jake Raby
I usually don't have time to plan for events so far away from my lair, but this time I have plenty of notice...

If I had time I'd just install the new engine in the 912 and see how fast I can get there, but there are better things to do at the present :-)
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 30 2007, 10:51 PM) *

Thanks for staying on this and getting dates! popcorn[1].gif aktion035.gif

What Island?

Well, there are two that we are thinking of. Just not sure which drive we want to do yet biggrin.gif Whidbey Island is one and Bremerton, Port Townsend is the other.

Jake, it would be awsome to have you up here. You can take a spin in my car for sure. Sorry about it being one of those sixes though biggrin.gif
roadster fan
Yes! Just in time to put in for the time off. Greenie you are the man. Looks like I will be driving he 71' as the 73' Boxster S conversion will not be ready for the long drive to Seattle.

The Cali folks need to start planning the Caravan. 13 hrs 57 minutes, 881 miles from my place. Glad I love 914's!

Thanks for putting in the time and energy to plan this years gathering. aktion035.gif

Jim
smokey
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Dec 31 2007, 01:56 AM) *

Yes! Just in time to put in for the time off. Greenie you are the man. Looks like I will be driving he 71' as the 73' Boxster S conversion will not be ready for the long drive to Seattle.

The Cali folks need to start planning the Caravan. 13 hrs 57 minutes, 881 miles from my place. Glad I love 914's!

Thanks for putting in the time and energy to plan this years gathering. aktion035.gif

Jim

SHOTGUN !!!!!!!!!!!

I am trailering the car most of the way . Want a ride ? smoke.gif
roadster fan
aktion035.gif That's what i'm talkin about! still 2007 and already plannin' the summer in 2008.

How big is that trailer....fit two? If so I call.....SHOTGUN! for me and the teener!

Oh, and BTW, I also like the pic of your car on the lift with the parts in the foreground at Don's drooley.gif

Jim

Click to view attachment
smokey
Tanks . Two weeks , could be three . Done . smoke.gif
jeeperjohn56
Hey Kirt, Is there going to be room at the hotel for tow rig's and trailers? which hotel is the event at? Thanks for getting us the date's for the big event, now I can put in for vacation time. Time to hurry and finish car, wasn't to fun doing windy roads in a full size diesl. Thanks again John driving.gif
DNHunt
Jake

You can drive my car. I'll be riding herd and keeping people headed the right direction anyway. I'll drive the Fit and pick up breakdowns.

As hard as you've worked on mine you should get some fun out of it.

Dave
Root_Werks
driving.gif Cool! Michelle and I will be there driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Dec 31 2007, 06:46 AM) *

Jake

You can drive my car. I'll be riding herd and keeping people headed the right direction anyway. I'll drive the Fit and pick up breakdowns.

As hard as you've worked on mine you should get some fun out of it.

Dave

Dave, you make it seem like these car break down a lot WTF.gif biggrin.gif bye1.gif
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(greenie @ Dec 29 2007, 10:20 AM) *

Sunday: Casual day – fun activities to be finalized

Let's race on Sunday! driving.gif
familienauto
Sounds fun!
daveyboybadion
Sounds like a gas...daveyboy
McMark
Ooooh, this is going to be quite a drive from Napa to Seattle. driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Oh, but it will sooooo be worth it biggrin.gif
Gary
Woohoo. Stuck on the Kitsap peninsula for '06, over in the big sandbox in '07. Hopefully three's a charm. Gonna be fun. piratenanner.gif
greenie
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Dec 31 2007, 04:42 AM) *

Hey Kirt, Is there going to be room at the hotel for tow rig's and trailers? which hotel is the event at? Thanks for getting us the date's for the big event, now I can put in for vacation time. Time to hurry and finish car, wasn't to fun doing windy roads in a full size diesl. Thanks again John driving.gif

Hi John,

The Holiday Inn is our main venue, I included the Motel 6 as a budget option.
(It has been expressed in the past that some folks whould rather spend their money on car parts vs hotel beds )

The Holiday Inn has kind of a cool parking lot layout that I think will be great for us, almost a private lot behind the hotel. They've agreed to let us rope it off for our cars.

This area probably will not lend itself to tow vehicles & trailers. If the rest of the hotel is full in July there is plenty of parking next door (a city building) I'll check into this , I don't think we will have any problems.

Curt
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 30 2007, 04:39 PM) *

Anyone got a teener I can borrow??? I actually have time to schedule for this event, but I'd hate to be stuck in a radiator laden rental :-)

Come on out to the central California coast. You can drive this one to Seattle. 2.2 liter type 4. That is if you don't mind driving in CaliforniaLOL.
ppickerell
OK, I need 5 bay area guys to sign up for a car hauler so I can ship my car and fly up.
Allan

Anyone got a teener I can borrow???

If you come, we will provide... smile.gif
boxstr
I will call TC Transport to see if he is availalbe to transport on those dates July 9 or 10, to be in Seattle the 11th. If anyone is seriously intersted let me know.
My shipping cost is @$550. per car. it is an 8 or 10 car open carrier.
CCL
computers4kids

Curt, are there any RV parks close by for rigs 35'? I'l be bringing my ususal entourage...my 914 supportive wife (in my book that makes her a keeper for sure), my dog "glory," and no that's not a baby in the black backpack across my front..it's my pet parrot, "Sunny." I have to keep him protected when in the woods because of hawks.

Hopefully, I will be able to figure away to bring a 914 as well. Craig's offer is tempting, but that is only one way.
boxstr
I just spoke to Lisa at TC Transport. They have a 10 car carrier. She will let me have more information on Monday.
CCL
championgt1
Count me in!! This is going to be great!! biggrin.gif pray.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 4 2008, 07:06 PM) *

Come on out to the central California coast. You can drive this one to Seattle. 2.2 liter type 4. That is if you don't mind driving in CaliforniaLOL.

I lived in Calif for almost 4 years... I can handle the driving! Try driving in Atlanta, it's way worse than Cali!!

Looks like the event doesn't conflict with any other scheduled events, so its looking good for a "go".....
effutuo101
Vacation submitted and approved. $ to follow
EdwardBlume
idea.gif idea.gif This looks like it would be fun. Already posted but is there an RV park nearby?
ConeDodger
cheer.gif yippee! Road trip in a 2270 equipped 914!
So.Cal.914
Have Fun...

Click to view attachment
greenie
Paul,

Thank you for the new & improved photo. smilie_pokal.gif

If you go to page one you'll see it in it's proper location. pray.gif

Now if it was just Zambezi Green it would be perfect.

Curt
So.Cal.914
Your welcome, hope everything goes well.
Lou W
I'm planning to be there. driving.gif
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

driving.gif Road Trip!!!
jeeperjohn56
QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 4 2008, 09:29 AM) *

Hi John,

(It has been expressed in the past that some folks whould rather spend their money on car parts vs hotel beds )

The Holiday Inn has kind of a cool parking lot layout that I think will be great for us, almost a private lot behind the hotel. They've agreed to let us rope it off for our cars.

This area probably will not lend itself to tow vehicles & trailers. If the rest of the hotel is full in July there is plenty of parking next door (a city building) I'll check into this , I don't think we will have any problems.

Curt
Hey Curt, The parking next door, at the city building will be okay to park if I can park for the weekend. Does the Motel 6 have a big parking lot? I'm not to picky, Thanks for the information about parking, is The Holiday Inn busy that time of year? When you and your wife came down to WCC2007 did you drive it in one day or then you take two? John
AZ914
1600 miles in a 914 is a lot of ass-time... sad.gif
greenie
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Jan 7 2008, 11:47 AM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 4 2008, 09:29 AM) *

Hi John,

Curt
Hey Curt, The parking next door, at the city building will be okay to park if I can park for the weekend. Does the Motel 6 have a big parking lot? I'm not to picky, Thanks for the information about parking, is The Holiday Inn busy that time of year? When you and your wife came down to WCC2007 did you drive it in one day or then you take two? John

Hi John,

I've had a few requests about RV parking, there are two RV Parks close by, I'm looking into this & will post when I have some info.

The Holiday Inn has a total of 100 rooms, generally they are fully booked at this time of year, we have until 3/15/07 to use our block of rooms. I will add the link this week to the sign-up section.

For the WCR 2007 we made the trip (1000) miles in two days, we drove Seattle to Grants Pass to spend the night & then on to Santa Rosa. No way would I try that in one day.
We never put the top on the entire trip , we got very hot in the desert south of Ashland. We had lots of bottled water,(lot's) never stopped to take a leak. My car ran fantastic the entire trip, we both had a blast!

Curt

SirAndy
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Jan 7 2008, 12:34 PM) *

1600 miles in a 914 is a lot of ass-time... sad.gif

i've done 2000 miles roundtrip in a fully loaded car with two people ...

it was surprisingly comfortable!
driving.gif Andy
Gint
In the middle of July it's not the ass time in a 914 that'll getchya... it's the wind, noise and heat.
rhodyguy
and a sunburn on your arms if you forget the block. CHAPSTICK!!!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Top 100 reasons to go to WCR in Seattle:

#100 Greenie has promised he will shave his legs if there are 100 paid entries!

Go on, tell 'em Curt!
ConeDodger
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Top 100 reasons to go to WCR in Seattle:

Bench racing in the parking lot until 2am!!! drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.