Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the farthest you have driven your 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JMKnight
QUOTE(JMKnight @ Oct 30 2011, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(96740 @ Mar 17 2008, 07:44 PM) *

How far have you driven your 914 on a trip?

Would you rather have your 914 on a long journey, or a new Cayman let's say.

Does the fact that you know your old car better than a new "Out of the box" Porsche make the choice any better? Sometimes I would rather have an old, easy to work on car on a very long drive than a computer riddled techno plactic Porsche for the real down and dirty. Allthough our 07 Cayman has been one of the best cars I have ever owned, 80k and going. I thought I would post the question anyway.

driving.gif

I drive it 70+ miles two, three times a week. Longest trip, South Bend to Portage, IN, 60 miles one way... maybe.
shoguneagle
Happy Halloween!

Drove the 914 Sixer from one set of jack stands to another set; about zero feet!! Just kidding!!

Got the Sixer running this past spring and drove the car around Flag and out on the Interstate 40 for the last five to six months. Made a detailed listing of the things I want to change, add, or leave alone. Broke it in on petro based oil and will convert this winter to Mobil 1. I will work down the list and make changes such as Sway-A-Axles with 108mm CVs, 911 rear brakes and e-brakes, body preparation for painting, finish air inlet for front oil cooler, finish mounting the oil tank, make a heating system based on using the hot engine oil, Dr. Evil's built transaxle, etc.

I have put about 300 to 500 miles on the car and I really like the way it handles and drives. This next year I will shack down and build dependability in the car since I am prepping it for about a 3K trip to Oregon/Washington and back to Flagstaff.

Good to see an old thread revived.

Steve Hurt
Bob L.
Where's the "<250 mile" option?

I just got mine road ready, from when I purchased it, So my first cruise was about 25 miles round trip. Nice!! driving.gif

Who knows how far my second trip will be?
abes914
around the block twice. finally got the engine going after 6 months of owning a 914 and found out that the transmission needs attention. car is up on jack stands again and just ordered parts. will fiddle with the car when time, wife and 3 year old daughter permits biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.