More!
Rusty
More!
Rusty
More!
Rusty
More!
ejm
A couple of pics from Fridays lunch stop at the Limestone Bay Trading Co.

Rusty
Still more!
Rusty
Ed - I'm glad someone got pictures of Limestone Bay. biggrin.gif
ejm
Saturday's drive to Jack Daniels and lunch in Lynchburg

ejm
AutoX on Sunday

stock93
I got a chance to tear down the trans that was killed during the autocross. Looks to me like the shock load from launching the car off the line killed the mainshaft. Anyway here's the pics.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
SGB
Wow!
SGB
Tech session at Bretts shop, SM Racing
SGB
more
SGB
more
SGB
more
SGB
more-

I smell gas!

OK, try again

It runs!
SGB
tour
SGB
more
SGB
more
SGB
more
SGB
still more
SGB
card stop
SGB
GO
SGB
last for now
SGB
suzie at AX
hot_shoe914
Thanks to the great people that made this possible, Scott, Rusty and all the teener owners. Had a great time and might even clean up my engine bay but I doubt it. I have my pics downloaded finally and will try to get them to Rusty or Scott soon to be posted.

SHOE
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 22 2008, 08:18 PM) *

Is this it?

IPB Image

The Purple Nurple
Rusty
For anyone who is interested, I'm going to do one last run of RCR t-shirts. I've added a few colors not previously available.

Details can be found in the Last Call thread!

-Rusty
naro914
pictures

http://www.naroescapemotorsports.com/Pictu...CR08/RCR08.html
Grngoat
Yes, that was a lot of fun. Count me in next year.

Nice view of the countryside on Friday's run.
Click to view attachment

Wait a minute. Take a closer look. WTF??? WTF.gif
Click to view attachment

I hope that's a Fiero kit.
Grngoat
Oooh. Pretty colors. poke.gif

Click to view attachment

Doesn't necessarily look like a place you'd want to eat. But that was some good Barbeque, and the best lemonade I think I've ever had. I drank half a gallon of it.

Click to view attachment
Grngoat
For those that didn't make the autox, you missed this little beasty.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
lttl_Sammy_Grl
212.gif
Well it was a good thing that I got to auto-cross last weekend during the event!!! I do want to say that if you have never auto-crossed, it is a good thing to do even if it is not something you are interested in doing more than once. I was heading home and it was drizzling rain. It had been raining most of the night and all day, so the roads were good and wet. I started through the S curve on California. I was in the first curve when the back end of the 318 started coming around to the left on me. Immediately I knew what was happening, so I counter steered...probably too hard. The rear then slid around to the right. Before I knew it I was side ways, so I steered back to the left, because I was afraid I was going to slide into the curb. I ended up completely doing a 180 with the car dead in the oncoming lanes. I did kill it, but I didn't hit any of the cars around me, and I didn't slide it over the curb. I am thankful that all the traffic around me wasn't too close, and that the oncoming full size pick up truck had enough time to stop. The cop that was in front of me missed it all. I was shaken up, so I pulled over until I calmed down and felt okay to drive. I was going to fast around the corner, but only because the rear tires suck in the rain. They are the ones that John got from Scott. The tires are okay as long as it's dry, but in the rain it can be like driving on ice. They are too hard. I'm just glad the front tires are good tires. John has been telling me to be careful in the rain, because of the rear tires. He knew...now I'll remember too. The auto-cross probably made the difference between me hitting a car, the curb, a house, or a telephone pole today. If I hadn't participated in the auto-cross, I wouldn't have known how to control the car or even what the car would do. The major thing is that I was able to keep a level head without freaking out. It did get my adrenaline up, but I wasn't scared. I'm ready for better tires, bigger sway bars, and stiffer springs. idea.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(lttl_Sammy_Grl @ Oct 24 2008, 02:31 PM) *

212.gif
Well I want to say it was a good thing that I got to auto-cross last week at the event. I do want to say that if you have never auto-crossed, it is a good thing to do even if it is not something you are interested in doing more than once. I was heading home and it was drizzling rain. It had been raining most of the night and all day, so the roads were good and wet. I started through the S curve on California. I was in the first curve when the back end of the 318 started coming around to the left on me. Immediately I knew what was happening, so I counter steered...probably too hard. The rear then slid around to the right. Before I knew it I was side ways, so I steered back to the left, because I was heading for the curb. I ended up completely doing a 180 with the car dead in taking up the 2 oncoming lanes of traffic. I did kill it, but I didn't hit any of the cars around me, and I didn't slide it over the curb. I was shaken up, so I pulled over until I calmed down and felt okay to drive. I was going to fast around the corner, but only because the rear tires suck in the rain. They are the ones that John got from Scott. The tires are okay as long as it's dry, but in the rain it can be like driving on ice. They are too hard. I'm just glad the front tires are good tires. John has been telling me to be careful in the rain, because of the rear tires. He knew...now I'll remember too. The auto-cross probably made the difference between me hitting a car, the curb, a house, or a telephone pole today. If I hadn't participated in the auto-cross, I wouldn't have known how to control the car or even what the car would do. The major thing is that I was able to keep a level head without freaking out. It did get my adrenaline up, but I wasn't scared. I'm ready for better tires, bigger sway bars, and stiffer springs. idea.gif

Glad you are OK after that adventure. And I am glad you liked running the AX. driving-girl.gif

Now you are really hooked.. and like you said to John in the parking lot at the AX....Now you have ANOTHER hobby.

Make him buy you a 914!!!!

lttl_Sammy_Grl
Yeah, I'm glad too. I am thankful that nothing happened to anything including the car and the other people around me.

It'll probably be a while before I get a 914. I have to get the 318 painted, so it doesn't rust into oblivion. John also is going back to school in about a year. After I get my first real job, I plan to buy a 914. Hopefully, in the next year or two. I want to buy a running one. I don't mind if it needs some things, but I don't want to put one together from the body up. The jeep still needs a lot of work.
Brett W
Just because you got one autoX under your belt doesn't mean you know how to drive. The next Autox is Nov 8th and 9th so you can get your drive on then.
cooltimes
Everyone sharing their photos:
Thanks for sharing all the photos with the rest of this forum.
It is normally the highlight of MY personal year when I see others doing their 914 rambles, especially in the South. Looks like all enjoyed their visit to Huntsville and the other areas you passed thru.

Did you think the rain was going to screw it all up as you were heading to the RCR in Huntsville?
See any twisties that would be a challenge next time you ramble the area?
Food has a quick impression when the 1st bite hits the mouth. Any that became a memory to talk about? Anyone do the whiskey addition for $.50 at Jack Daniels?
Did you know your old, never seen in the flesh before, friends without having to see their name tag and did they know it was you?

Couldn't go myself. Had a Grandson birthday and missed that too because of major arthritis that kept me from walking more than a few feet so I really do appreciate the fun photos. I am copying each one. Any object? Let me know which and I will honor your objection by deleting them. Otherwise they stay with many more from years past.

Mike Cooley
Oakfield, TN

lttl_Sammy_Grl
QUOTE(Brett W @ Oct 24 2008, 03:23 PM) *

Just because you got one autoX under your belt doesn't mean you know how to drive. The next Autox is Nov 8th and 9th so you can get your drive on then.

Yeah, I never claimed I could drive. But without the autocross experience I probably would have hit something. The last time I did that I was able to pull out of it, but the time before that I totaled a car. I'll claim I can drive when I'm able to slide it sideways through that curve without hitting the traffic in front of me or the oncoming full size pick up truck. biggrin.gif I'm ready for the next autoX!!! If John doesn't want to go, I'll leave him at home. av-943.gif
SGB
drunk.gif

Last call!

Anybody else wanna be on the RCR contact list?

I'll give it until Friday, then send the list out to all who responded.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.