Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Flare group buy (is closed)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
scraperhand
Hi new member on this board and i would like to get in on the group buy,thanks
Todd Enlund
I sent out PMs to 22 people. If you did not get a PM, and you still want in, PM me RIGHT NOW!
teveo
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jul 21 2008, 08:13 PM) *

I sent out PMs to 22 people. If you did not get a PM, and you still want in, PM me RIGHT NOW!

Too late for a set? My bumblebee is too narrow, i want a set.

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(teveo @ Jul 21 2008, 07:39 PM) *

Please do NOT cut up an authenic Bumble Bee, you will take away it's true value!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 21 2008, 07:14 PM) *

Please do NOT cut up an authenic Bumble Bee, you will take away it's true value!

He must be kidding.
teveo
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 22 2008, 04:22 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jul 21 2008, 07:14 PM) *

He must be kidding.

Sorry, no kidding. The car was a salvage title and is a 2.7 conversion, just the way I bought it. No way back I think. I need the added tirespace... do I have to go fibreglass? wink.gif

Bumblebee...

I'll rename it if I have to, what about "Hulkabee"?
teveo
btw .. I need rockers as well (conus shipping - NJ)
spotontheroad
Todd
I am new to this message board and would like to be counted in on the group buy on flares and rockers if I am not too late. $1065 inc shipping to UK is OK with me.
Many thanks
Keith
Worcestershire, England
914SCGT
Todd

Another newbie from the UK I'm afraid! smile.gif

Late logging in due to a computer virus - now back and running.

If there is time, would like a set of arches only please - if you send me a pm I will sort out how to get the money to you and share the postage with Defianty / Moggy.

Many thanks & fingers crossed

Wayne
Nottingham

Todd Enlund
QUOTE(914SCGT @ Aug 1 2008, 01:57 PM) *

Todd

Another newbie from the UK I'm afraid! smile.gif

Late logging in due to a computer virus - now back and running.

If there is time, would like a set of arches only please - if you send me a pm I will sort out how to get the money to you and share the postage with Defianty / Moggy.

Many thanks & fingers crossed

Wayne
Nottingham

Unfortunately, I am on the road away from home, and we are too far along to add anyone else to this buy... there are several folks from the UK that are interested, and you might be able to work a deal directly with George at AA. I think that you'd need more than a couple people to get a big break on postage. You might contact Moggy and see if he wants to get in on a UK group buy. If he does, and hasn't sent the money yet, then all is good. If he has sent a check, then I can either destroy it or send it back to him if he wants to jump to another buy. I won't be home 'till the end of the week, so you have a few days to get somthing going... I can put all the UK guys in touch with each other when I return home.

If all else fails, hang around, and I'm sure that someone else will organize another group buy in about 6 months (seems to be the cycle).
welcome.png
spotontheroad
Thanks Todd.
If I have read the postings correctly it looks like there are at least 4 of us (Me, Defianty, Moggy and Wayne) in UK who have unfortunately missed out on the current group buy. I have been in touch tentitively with the people at AutoAtlanta and they seem a friendly lot and are keen to sell me a set of flares but I may hang on till there is a number of us so we can perhaps gain some economy of scale(???).
I've not purchased from USA before and would prefer to be a follower rather than a leader on this but we'll see what happens.
If you can put all UK people in touch with each other at the end of the week, that would be much appreciated I'm sure.
Thanks again

Keith
Todd Enlund
Get in touch with Moggy, and see what he wants to do... he is supposed to be in this buy, but if you can band together and save some money, he might be willing to wait confused24.gif

QUOTE(spotontheroad @ Aug 3 2008, 02:18 PM) *

Thanks Todd.
If I have read the postings correctly it looks like there are at least 4 of us (Me, Defianty, Moggy and Wayne) in UK who have unfortunately missed out on the current group buy. I have been in touch tentitively with the people at AutoAtlanta and they seem a friendly lot and are keen to sell me a set of flares but I may hang on till there is a number of us so we can perhaps gain some economy of scale(???).
I've not purchased from USA before and would prefer to be a follower rather than a leader on this but we'll see what happens.
If you can put all UK people in touch with each other at the end of the week, that would be much appreciated I'm sure.
Thanks again

Keith

moggy
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Aug 3 2008, 05:19 PM) *

Get in touch with Moggy, and see what he wants to do... he is supposed to be in this buy, but if you can band together and save some money, he might be willing to wait confused24.gif

QUOTE(spotontheroad @ Aug 3 2008, 02:18 PM) *

Thanks Todd.
Thanks again

Keith

I am indeed very much IN on this group buy (Todd - let me know when you receive the cheque as I sent it last week smile.gif ) Sorry but I don't want to get involved in organising a UK group shipping thing as I'm just about to be made a father again this week beerchug.gif so will be dropping off the radar for the next few weeks. I think I'm gonna have enough on my plate w00t.gif
kconway
Anyone having second thoughts? I want in. welder.gif

Kev
db9146
poke.gif Everybody sent your checks in yet? smile.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 7 2008, 08:04 PM) *

poke.gif Everybody sent your checks in yet? smile.gif

Man, I hope so! I just got home from vacation, and I have to go to the post office to pick up my mail. I do have an issue with international exchange rates that I need to work out, but I think we are on track and getting close.
db9146
Todd,

Have you had a chance to check the status on payments? Of the 22 PMs you sent out, how many have responded to either provide a check or bow out?

Just curious???? Anxious to get the goodies!!
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 12 2008, 08:45 PM) *

Todd,

Have you had a chance to check the status on payments? Of the 22 PMs you sent out, how many have responded to either provide a check or bow out?

Just curious???? Anxious to get the goodies!!

I sent 22 PMs, and received 5 more for a total of 27... add myself for 28. I have received 13 payments, add myself for 14. I also had 7 "maybes" that declined before I requested funds, and a friend from off the board has decided that he wants a set.

I am currently working with the banks to clear up a couple of international payments and the corresponding exchange rates, then I will send the list and money to AA.
db9146
Todd,

Have you set a "fish or cut bait" date for the checks yet?

dlestep
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jun 21 2008, 11:25 AM) *

Okay... George says that if we get 10 sets in one order, we can have them for $675+$50 shipping in the lower 48.

I hope I am not too late for this group purchase of steel flares. I can get the money in the bank in two days, and can have the money to paypal or however you want the money transfered.
I will immediately more on this.
Dave Estep
jesiv
So is this open or closed?
Todd Enlund
I mentioned that this buy is closed on my August 3rd post... but fret not, I'm sure that someone will organize another group buy in a few months, if George is willing.

Whoever decides to organize the next one, PM me and I'll give you some advice from lessons learned...
jmill
Ok, when should I expect my goodies?
seanery
I changed the title to help with any confusion. biggrin.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(jmill @ Aug 23 2008, 08:28 PM) *

Ok, when should I expect my goodies?

"Check is in the mail" to AA, and George tells me that he is set to ship as soon as it arrives.

I had a lot of difficulty with international exchange rates, which slowed things down...
jmill
That works for me. I appreciate all the work you've put into this. This deal has come a long way since that first post.
db9146
Just an FYI update for everyone.

I just called AA to inquire about picking up the flares and rockers tomorrow (9/6) since I'm in Atlanta. I was told that even though Todd mailed the check on 8/23 (a Saturday), that AA was not going to start shipping parts or allowing them to be picked up until 9/19 though they are "calling the bank everyday" to check the status of the check clearing since it was a personal check.

I understand the need for the check to clear but I thought carrier pigeons flew faster than that.

dry.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(db9146 @ Sep 5 2008, 09:39 AM) *

Just an FYI update for everyone.

I just called AA to inquire about picking up the flares and rockers tomorrow (9/6) since I'm in Atlanta. I was told that even though Todd mailed the check on 8/23 (a Saturday), that AA was not going to start shipping parts or allowing them to be picked up until 9/19 though they are "calling the bank everyday" to check the status of the check clearing since it was a personal check.

I understand the need for the check to clear but I thought carrier pigeons flew faster than that.

dry.gif

Partly my fault as well... I should have known better than to send a personal check for $13,541.00 and expect it to be taken on faith biggrin.gif

I'll go by my bank today and check on the status from my end.
914pwer
any news on delivery i really want to welder.gif soon
bye1.gif from Sweden
jmill
I hope those bad boys are in the mail. I'm ready to weld myself too.
Todd Enlund
Just got an update... they are in the mail. Shipped on the 19th. Rockers and flares are shipped separately, so they may arrive at different times.
914pwer
drooley.gif santa_smiley.gif
Todd Enlund
I got mine today. jmill got his a few days ago. Check in here when you get yours...
strawman
Got mine yesterday...
tango-52
Mine came yesterday. Haven't had a chance to open the box yet. Tomorrow!
moggy
Wide wings arrived on Wednesday, look great. Waiting for the rockers still, then out comes the welder.gif w00t.gif

Todd - a 1000 thankyou's for sorting this all out especially for us international guys, I know this added to the hassle factor but I for one am extremely grateful beerchug.gif
HillKing
Got em yesterday. Thanks again Todd for taking care of all of us.
Hillking
-JR-
Fedex dropped the flares today. Apparently the fiberglass rockers are back ordered.

Of the two (one front one rear) flares I've heald up to the car, the fit is pretty bad. I've heard the re-pro ones are like that though, so no big surprise.

I suppose once some of the material is cut back on the flare to fender edge and a bunch of massage work, they should be fine.

I haven't read back in the history, but some how I had it in my mind that the rockers were steel too. Doesn't matter, I wanted the glass ones anyways.

Thanks for all your work Todd.

Now I will have to keep my eyes open for another oil tank group buy!
jmill
Swap them around to be sure that they're on the correct side. They look quite similar and it's easy to mix them up. Mine fit great but you could surf down the waves on them.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(-JR- @ Sep 29 2008, 04:00 PM) *

Fedex dropped the flares today. Apparently the fiberglass rockers are back ordered.

Of the two (one front one rear) flares I've heald up to the car, the fit is pretty bad. I've heard the re-pro ones are like that though, so no big surprise.

I suppose once some of the material is cut back on the flare to fender edge and a bunch of massage work, they should be fine.

I haven't read back in the history, but some how I had it in my mind that the rockers were steel too. Doesn't matter, I wanted the glass ones anyways.

Thanks for all your work Todd.

Now I will have to keep my eyes open for another oil tank group buy!

They should fit pretty good, unless FedEx did a number on them.

Original M471 rockers were glass... George pulled these directly off a factory set. Last I heard on the rockers was that they were being reworked.
-JR-
QUOTE(jmill @ Sep 29 2008, 07:56 PM) *

Swap them around to be sure that they're on the correct side. They look quite similar and it's easy to mix them up. Mine fit great but you could surf down the waves on them.

It's not the case of sheetmetal sticking way up in the air (as it would be if it was on the wrong side or end). If I lay it up on the fender I can slip the palm of my hand through some of the body gaps because the lip is so wavy.

Like I said in my last post, just have to massage them to make them fit nice.

I will say that the GT curves in the sheet metal look very good. Nothing funny going on there.

Unfortunetly I won't be able to have any fun with these until I start my 914-6 gt project in at least another year. Busy trying to get my garage plans approved with the city sheeplove.gif and then get it built smash.gif . Just don't have the shop space to do a full tear down right now. wacko.gif Have to give these a shot of primer so they will keep until then.
914pwer
I got mine yesterday they look realy nice and i think they will fit good welder.gif but no rockers yet huh.gif
IPB Image
moggy
Does anyone know WHEN the rockers will be ready and shipped out to us all?

Cheers

Moggy
moggy
QUOTE(moggy @ Oct 1 2008, 04:06 PM) *

Does anyone know WHEN the rockers will be ready and shipped out to us all?

Cheers

Moggy

Anyone heard of any updates on the rockers confused24.gif
db9146
Anyone heard of any updates on the rockers?

agree.gif
scraperhand
any news on the rockers?
jmill
I got mine but they're going back. One side was poorly repaired at the jack post hole and the other side was pealing like a fruit roll-up. Someone pull the "kick me sign" off my back. It seems like I'm getting the rejects. Looking past the obvious defects in mine they look to be very nice. I called AA and said I wasn't happy with the rockers. They said go ahead and send them back. At least they have the customer service side handled.
db9146
I went by today and picked up my flares in person. I was trying to wait until the rockers were ready as well so that I didn't have to make another trip but I decided not to wait any longer on the flares.

When I inquired today about the rockers, I couldn't get any info....no idea when they will be ready. In fact, when I asked today if any rockers had been shipped, they said no.
jmill
Thats funny because I've got a set here that I'm waiting for FedEx to ship back to them. I can snap a pic of them if anyone is curious. It does lend some truth to my feeling that I got the rejects.
scraperhand
Todd,have you had any contact with AA regarding the rockers?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.